Chapter 7

Best Vacation Ever

Fay’s arm was twisted behind her back so hard she saw red flashes of pain before her eyes. She was terrified. She struggled in reflex, but her arm was twisted even further back.

“Well, this is trouble.”

“Not trouble, just a minor setback.”

They were switching between Japanese, English and Korean. It was confusing and making Fay’s head spin, but somehow she understood it all.

“Time to go.”

“What about this little miss trouble then?”

Two in the car. Two right behind her. Dressed like security. Armed. Blonde behind the wheel. The rest were dark haired. Fay printed the details into her mind. If she could just get to the police.

“No gun shots. It’ll draw people here.”

Fay froze up when she heard them say that. Her mind was still trying to decide if she heard them right. Her body simply reacted. She plunged her weight down, ignoring the pain in her arm and broke free. There was a lot of cursing and suppressed yelling going on while they tried to grab her. But Fay was proving to be a handful. She kicked and punched and scratched. She aimed for all their weak points. The adrenaline was soaring through her body, heart pounding in her ears. She threw her entire weight in an elbow jab and heard with great satisfaction how the guard gasped for air. That’s when she saw the opening. Right between two guards and straight to the end of the gate. If she could just outrun them, maybe she could get help. She kicked one of the guards on the shin when he was trying to grab her and took off. She didn’t get very far. A cry in pain rooted her to the ground in an instant. She was afraid to look back, but did it without thinking. They’d shoved Kyuhyun to the ground. Practically burying his face in the concrete. A guard standing over him, gun aimed. The other three tried to come closer now that she’d stopped, but she reacted purely on instinct and took a step back.

“Enough running and fighting. If you take off, girl, know that we will have no more use of these kids. We will kill them.”

Kyuhyun had his eyes screwed shut. He looked terrified. Fay glanced over to the car and knew the others had to be dying of fear too.

“Let them go,” she uttered weakly.

“Not yet. They’re worth a lot of money.”

The guard eased up a little on the gun, seeing that she had lost her energy to run.

“When we get the ransom, they can go. If you spoil our plans now, girl, we’ll kill them and move on to the next. There’s enough members to choose from.”

Fay felt herself go pale.

“Don’t.”

He nodded at the other guards and Fay flinched in fear. She hated this. Her instincts were screaming at her to run like hell, but she couldn’t risk it. If she ran, they really would kill them. Kyuhyun was picked up harshly and shoved into the car. They grabbed her. She never got any time to process what was happening. Something hit her at the back of her head. It felt like her skull had split open. Searing pain shot through her. It hurt so much she almost forgot how to breathe. She hit the cold concrete with a dull thud. The members looked out in horror.

“No time,” the leader grumbled when they started kicking her motionless body. “Get in.”

Apparently they held a grudge for the many bruises and scratches Fay had left them, because they still got a few good kicks in before they listened. The men stepped over her and finally got in the car. The doors were slammed shut and they drove off.