Chapter 6

Best Vacation Ever

Fay sighed heavily when she looked at her map for the millionth time. It was time to admit it, she was completely lost. She’d been walking around for a few hours now and she still hadn’t found her hotel. She wasn’t usually this clueless when it came to directions. But she was a bit distracted today. Really now, who wouldn’t be?

Still, she needed to find her way back. Soon. It was already getting dark and she really didn’t want to be wandering around any longer. That thought cleared her head again. She had time enough to relive today and all those rollercoaster emotions when she got back to the hotel. She looked around, folded her map away and trusted her sense of direction when she started picking her way back slowly. She almost felt like throwing a little victory dance when she recognized the huge building before her. She had at least found the Tokyo Dome again. Now, she wasn’t going to take any more chances and just take a taxi to the hotel. She looked around. She was pretty sure there was a taxi-stand nearby, but it looked like she had the wrong side of the building. Karma, I tell you. She’d experienced too much happiness in one day, now the universe was trying to balance it out. She really wasn’t looking forward to walking around the entire complex. Her feet were already sore from walking for so long. Her attention snuck to the doors and she hesitated. They probably wouldn’t appreciate her sneaking in, but it was a shortcut and if someone caught her, at least she could ask directions. She gave a light experimental tug on the doors. Looks like her karma didn’t as badly as she thought. She softly made her way through, not wanting to disturb anyone. Her nerves were starting to get to her. In the end she couldn’t take the eerie silence anymore. She took out her phone and dialed one of the new numbers she got today. It didn’t take more than a few rings before they answered.

“Hey girl,” it sounded cheerfully.

The background was still buzzing with the excitement of the concert. Fay could feel herself getting infected by it again.

“Hey, you. It certainly sounds like you’re all keeping the party alive,” she smiled.

“Off course! It’s one of the duties of an ELF.”

Fay snickered softly.

“So did you finally change your mind about that drink? Did it get too boring in the hotel room?”

“I wish. I haven’t even gotten there yet.”

“What? What do you mean? It’s been hours since we parted.”

“Tell me about it,” Fay mumbled. “I got a little lost.”

“A little?”

“Okay, a lot.”

She tried to ignore the laughter that was piercing her ear.

“Well, you might as well come for that drink with us.”

“Not giving up yet?”

“No way. Not for a few more hours.”

“Party girl.”

“Hopeless tourist.”

“Haha, very funny.”

“Where are you, girl? Do you need us to come pick you up?”

“Well, I’m not entirely hopeless,” she answered. “I managed to find the Tokyo Dome again.”

“Great, we’re at a place not far from there.”

“You wouldn’t mind if I came crashing the party?”

“Girl, if you weren’t going to say yes, we would have dragged you back here ourselves.”

Fay stifled a laugh, not wanting to attract too much attention.

“Hey, you have an echo. Where are you?”

“Taking a shortcut. Through the Dome.”

“The normal route too mainstream for you?” Chiyoko chuckled.

“There is no such thing as a normal route when you’ve gotten lost hours ago.”

She heard a roar of laughter and knew the others were listening in as well.

“Maybe you’ll bump into SuJu again.”

A few jealous cries sounded through the phone.

“As interesting as that would be, I would rather avoid that. What if they think I’m a stalker or something?”

“Hmm, high possibility of that. For all we know you really are a crazy fan.”

“No more than all of you,” she grinned evilly.

Chiyoko gasped dramatically.

“What gave you that idea? We are completely innocent little ELF’s.”

Fay couldn’t hold back her laughter and cringed when she heard it echo through the hallways.

“I’m going to hang up now. I’ll just take the side entrance out so I don’t get accused of being a Sasaeng.”

“Good. We’ll come pick you up at the front gate.”

“Thanks. See you then.”

She put the phone away and eyed the door on her right. It didn’t look like it was an emergency door, so she prayed there wouldn’t be an alarm when she pushed it open. She leaned her weight against the heavy door and froze.

Oops, people.

Wait, didn’t she know them?

Oh my god, it’s SuJu.

Was that a… gun?!

Before she could even react, she was grabbed and yanked outside. All thoughts in her head shut off instantly. All she could remember was what had been drilled into her since she was young. She screamed. She screamed her lungs out. She tried to draw as much attention as possible. Unfortunately the men didn’t seem to agree with her. A gloved hand was shoved over . The SuJu-members watched helplessly. The gun in Kyuhyuns neck never moved so much as an inch. The man in the backseat of the car held his gun firmly aimed at the rest. They wouldn’t be able to get away even if they tried. They could only hope someone had heard that ear deafening scream and found them.