Chapter 2

Tangled

Disclaimer: I own nothing. Other than my hyperactive imagination which constantly hope I could be friends with these idols. Khekhekhe

***

He took his drumsticks and started beating them to his drums, creating a harmonious sound along with his band mates. They’re currently performing at a local TV music show, promoting their new song. Sweats dropping from his forehead, but it only made him even more excited. He loves his job. He didn’t care if he would always sit in the back with his face hidden behind his drumset, or if he didn’t get the spotlight as much as the other members had, as long as he could play his drums for the rest of his life and make a living out of it, it would be okay. No. It is beyond perfect.

Having played the drums practically all of his life, he was actually living in a dream. His dad was the one who had introduced him to this particular instrument since he was 9, and he fell instantly in love with it. He felt so lucky to meet his band, and with a lot of hard work, together they finally made it to the music industry. He flashed back to the time where they have to perform on the streets in Japan, where their management company kinda “dumped” them there to gather some audiences. Well, let’s face it, a rock band wasn’t exactly a trend in K-pop industry at the time, but since he was at other things—like singing and dancing, Lord knows he tried—so no, this band was his best shot.

And, damn, he was right.

Lately, they could already tasted the sweetness of stardom. Their songs got first place week after week on local charts, invitations to perform on and off-screen flying everywhere, even ticket concerts sold out both local and abroad. They were insanely busy, but they love it. 2013 was totally their year.

It was another succesfull performance for the 4 members band. They had an interview for a local magazine after this and they’re done for the day. Except for Kang Minhyuk and Jung Yonghwa. Both of them were called to the FNC office by their CEO.

“I bet it’s about the audition,” the eldest of the band, Jung Yonghwa, said as they were heading back to the dorm to send Jonghyun and Jungshin home first.

“Who do you think would get the role?” Jungshin asked. He was munching on some snacks, making a whole lot of mess around the seat. “You want some?” he offered it to Jonghyun and Minhyuk who sat on each side of him.

Jonghyun took some of the snacks, “I think Minhyuk will get it. He’s a better actor than all of us. Sorry, hyung,” he patted his leader on the shoulder who sat at the front seat, using the same hand he took his snacks with.

“Ugh,” Yonghwa tried to get rid of the crumbs from his clothes, “Yah, Lee Jonghyun! Get your dirty hands out of me. You’re ruining my new jacket,” he whined like a little kid and pouted cutely.

The three junior just look at each other and grinned. Here he goes, their adorable-sophisticated-fashionable-histrionic-leader. Sometimes Minhyuk thought that Lee Jonghyun was the one who should be the leader instead of his hyung. Jung Yonghwa probably the eldest, but he’s the most childish of them all. Well, that’s probably not true, Lee Jungshin is the most childish, but still. He couldn’t say that he’s the most mature of them all either—the title obviously belong to Minhyuk—but Jonghyun had his own childish moments. Minhyuk couldn’t be the leader, not because he’s the youngest member, but simply because he didn’t want to. He couldn’t imagine having to control three childish hyungs who were most probably won’t listen to him.

“I heard Park Shin Hye noona would be the lead female?” Asked Jungshin again, which were answered with a nod from both Jung Yonghwa and Kang Minhyuk. “And what was your role again?”

“I was offered as Shin Hye noona childhood friend who had a crush on her, while Yonghwa-hyung was offered the same role as me and the lead male role,” Minhyuk explained for everyone to hear.

“Aaahh~~” Jungshin and Jonghyun nodded. “But why was Yonghwa hyung offered 2 roles and you just one, Minhyukkie?” Jungshin asked again.

“It’s because I’m Mr. Popular, Jungshinnie~~” Yonghwa bragged, smiling so wide with eyes shining bright. “And I have more experience in acti—”

“I think you’ll get the role, Minhyukkie,” Jungshin cut him off abruptly.

“Yeah!” Jonghyun gave him and Minhyuk a high-five and the three laughed out loud, ignoring their grumbling leader, who was once again pouting cutely.

Yah! You ungrateful brats!”

The car stopped in front of their dorm, Jonghyun and Jungshin get off still laughing their heads off.

“Goodluck, Minhyukkie!” They bid their goodbye to Minhyuk, who was also still laughing along.

Yah!! No goodluck for me?” Yonghwa yelled out of jealousy, which only make them rolling on the floor, laughing even louder.

***

CEO Han brewed them some cups of coffee, one for each of them. CNBLUE is his gold digger now, their popularity increasing each year, and he’s going to put a good use on it, not just for CNBLUE, but for the other groups in his management as well. This new drama is one of his huge project. Since 2 of CNBLUE members were offered for the roles already, he tried talking to the director so that his other band, FT Island would get the opportunity to sing the soundtrack. For that, he also invited Lee Hongki to the meeting.

“Why am I here?” Lee Hongki started whining. “Did I get a role, too? CEO Han... you know I can’t act. I’m terrible at it!”

Yonghwa and Minhyuk laughed at him. Everyone knew Lee Hongki’s bratty attitude, but they all kinda use to it. The guy was hilarious, actually.

Yah. Who said I’m going to give you a role?” CEO Han put the cups on the table in his meeting room, “I don’t think anyone would hire you again after the last time I gave you a role.”

Lee Hongki sulked on the couch, grumbling, “You don’t have to be that mean.”

Aisshh~~~this guy, jinjja...” CEO Han took a seat at the head of the table. “Let’s get to the business,” he turned to the CNBLUE members, ignoring the sulking Hongki with all his might, “I have talked to the director and the writer about your roles.”

The guys listened to him intently. “We decided that Kang Minhyuk would get the role as Yoon Chan Young. I’m sorry, Yonghwa-ah, you didn’t get any part in the drama.”

“Oh~~”

Aisshh~

“Hmm... Congratulations, Minhyukkie,” Hongki congratulated him genuinely. “Revenge is so sweet, isn’t it? I knew you’ll get the role. Great job!” He clapped his hands in amasement.

Yahh! Why did everyone taking his sides? Why did no one giving me any support? I’ve been working so hard...”

Minhyuk laughed at his hyung’s declaration, while the other two audiences went speechless with his obviously over-confidence.

Hyung, don’t look so sad,” Minhyuk patted him on the shoulder, “You could always get a new role.”

Yonghwa turned to him with puppy eyes, “Minhyukkieee...” he then rested his head on his shoulder, “I know you’re the best! I love you, Minhyukkieee...”

The younger guy just laugh with this weird love confession, “I love you too, hyung...”

CEO Han and Hongki stared at the public display of affection in disbelief.

“The drama hasn’t even started yet, but I feel like I’m watching one already,” Hongki mumbled to his CEO.

“Tsk...tsk...tsk...and here I thought uri Minhyukkie is the only one normal left. I was so wrong,” CEO Han shaking his head, “He’s obviously hang around with him too much.”

“They desperately need a girlfriend,” Hongki added, mentally hoping he wouldn’t turned out that way.

Yah, I would have one if I get that role,” Yonghwa cut in. Looking at his CEO pleadingly.

CEO Han glared, “With whom? Park Shin Hye? Yah! She’s the reason why you didn’t get the role! This would be your third drama with her if you did. Aren’t you tired of getting in scandal with her?”

Yonghwa pouted, “But Minhyukkie also had played a drama with her before...”

“But he never get in any scandal!” CEO Han retorted with a scowl on his face.

Arasseo! Arasseo! Aissshh~~~ Can we go home now? I’m tired.”

Yah! I’m not finished yet. Stay here,” CEO Han gave Minhyuk a stack of paper that looked like a book, “That’s the rough script. Learn your character and everyone’s relationships carefully.”

Minhyuk accepted it and went straight to the first page. “Woahh~~”

“What is it?” Yonghwa took a peek on it.

“No wonder you didn’t get the lead role, hyung. He’s out of your league,” Minhyuk showed the script to him.

Dugu?” Hongki asked out of curiosity.

“Lee Minho,” Yonghwa read it out loud, and suddenly his eyes bulged in surprise, “Lee Minho?! Jinjja?

“Woaaahh~~~” Hongki now laughing with his hands clapping in amusement. “Daeeeebaakk! Daebak!

“Why you didn’t tell me that he was my competitor??”

“How could I know? The writer brought him up at the last minutes.”

Yonghwa turned back to Minhyuk with his cutest pleading eyes he had, “Minhyukkieeee...” he batted his eyelashes unashamedly, “Will you please take care of my angel on set? I know I can count on you, right?”

“Sure, hyung,” Minhyuk replied, soothing him with his smile, “I’ll keep an eye on noona.”

Gomawo, Minhyukkie!!” Yonghwa hugged his lovely dongsaeng, relieved.

CEO Han rubbed his head, “Aigoo, my head hurts watching these two.”

Na do,” Hongki agreed. “Just hurry, tell me why did you call me. I can’t stand them any longer.”

“Oh, almost forgot about that. I’m trying to offer you to make a few songs for the soundtrack of this drama. I’ll make some too, but we’ll see if anything’s fit for it.”

Mwo? Why me? Why don’t you ask them? They’re better at it.

Yah! Don’t you want to step up your popularity? CNBLUE had enough of it, I’m trying to help you and your band. Aiisshh~

“Tsk... ara. I’ll see what I can do. But I’ll need the script, too.”

“Here, I have a copy for you. Do you get any more questions? No? Good. Now get out of here,” but just after everyone got up from their seats, the CEO suddenly said, “Wait a minute!” then all of them sit back again with curious written all over their faces. “I almost forgot. Yonghwa-ah, you were called for an audition for a role along with Yoon Eun Hye in another drama. We’ll arrange the schedule for you tomorrow.”

“Woah~” Minhyuk and Hongki congratulated him, “I told you, hyung, you’ll get another role in a blink of an eye.”

Yonghwa grinned widely than shake his CEO hands with too much eagerness, “Thank you, CEO Han, thank you. You are the best!”

Yah, don’t think of dating Yoon Eun Hye, arraseo?! If you get into any scandal, I swear—“

“I won’t, I won’t,” Yonghwa said trying to convinced his CEO who didn’t buy his words at all, “I won’t get into any scandal with Yoon Eun Hye noona or anyone else for that matter. Trust me,” he said it with so much confidence, but the CEO just glared at him. “Now, can we go home now?”

***

The next morning, Jungshin cooked breakfast for all. He had a really good sleep last night and woke up so fresh this morning that he felt like being a saviour for his band mates. They had another interview on local TV show in a few hours and it’s already 7 in the morning. He took his time, whistling happily.

A click sound heard from one of the bedroom, revealing a yawning Minhyuk wearing only his white shirt and checkered boxer.

“Good morning, Minhyukkie!!” greeted Jungshin cheerfully. “Did you have a good sleep?”

“Hmm...” Minhyuk yawned some more and went straight to the bathroom.

“Keep your eyes open, Minhyukkie... You don’t want to hit yourself—“

“Ouch!” A sound of something collided heard from the bathroom followed by a series of curses from Minhyuk.

Jungshin chuckled, “—again.”

A few moments later, Minhyuk came out of the bathroom looking fresh and dapper after taking a bath. He approached Jungshin who was still busy cooking in the kitchen, “Smells good. Do you need any help?”

Ani. I’ll be finished in a few minutes. You could woke our hyungs up, we don’t want to be late for the interview.”

Ne. Thank you, Jungshinnie...”

Jonghyun was the next one who got ready, while Yonghwa was the last one. They all waited for each other so they could have breakfast together.

“You looked tired, Yonghwa-hyung, what time did you get home last night?” Jonghyun asked after he saw his hyung yawned several times.

“Oh. I think it’s about 10 p.m.? I don’t know... I was so tired I went straight to sleep...”

“Ohh...so, did you get the role?” Jonghyun asked again.

Ani...Minhyuk got it, as you all said—”

“But he got another offer for audition with Yoon Eun Hye,” Minhyuk elaborated.

“Woahh...so that’s why you didn’t look upset at all,” said Jungshin.

“I know, right? Korean nitizen could never had enough of me—“

Minhyuk mumbled, “Here he goes again...”

Jungshin abruptly asked Minhyuk, “So, are you going to have a romantic scene with Park Shin Hye noona? Ohh... I’m so looking forward for it. I bet Yonghwa-hyung would be so envious...” he snickered which followed by Jonghyun’s laugh.

“I hope so,” Minhyuk chuckled as his hyung glared at him with that don’t-you-dare-look. “But, I’m not sure about that yet. The script said that my character already had another girlfriend...”

Jinjja? Dugu?” Jungshin asked.

“Krystal Jung from f(x).”

“Ahh~” Jonghyun nodded in recognition, “Uri Minhyukkie always got a pretty girlfriend, I’m so jealous.”

“You know her?” Minhyuk asked Jonghyun back.

“I didn’t know her personally, but people sometimes talked about her because she looked like Yoona of SNSD, while in fact she’s Jessica’s little sister.”

“Ah...I’ve heard about that, too,” Minhyuk confirmed. “I think I’ve met her a couple of times before, but we’ve never been introduced properly.”

“Do you want to visit SM dorm?” Jonghyun suggested, “We could ask Heechul-hyung or Amber about her. Or better, they would probably introduced you to her, let’s see if there’s any chemistry between both of you?” he smiled mischieviously, igniting everyone in the room to tease Minhyuk until he’s blushing.

Hyung...I don’t think that’s necessary...”

“Be careful, Hyukkie...” Yonghwa added, “Our CEO strictly said ‘Don’t get in any scandal’, remember?”

Hyung...”

Aigoo~” Jungshin joined in, “Minhyukkie, you’re too easy. Look at your face, you’re already turned so red and you haven’t even met her yet...”

Minhyuk could only hid his face behind his hand in shamed, silently cursing his traitorous body...

***

A/N: Thank you, thank you, thank you very much for everyone who had read and subscribe and vote and comment on this story! You don't know how much you make me happy, hehehe... Btw, I'm sorry there's still no interaction betwen Minhyuk and Krystal yet, but I feel that this is a necessary chapter so I hope you won't be disappointed. And sorry for Yonghwa's fans out there, I hope I didn't make his character too childish for your liking. I was like having a CNBLUE 101 to write this chapter, so I really really hope I did everyone's characters a fair judgement. As always, suggestions/critics are welcome, so don't be shy ^^