Chapter 9

Tangled

Disclaimer: Still own nothing.

***

That shut her off completely.

She didn’t protest anymore when he practically dragged her to the changing room and when he himself had done changing his own clothes then waited in front of her room to pulled her off again to the car. He held the car door for her and helping her to put the seatbelt on, purposefully leaning his body accross her then stopped right in front of her face to turned his head at her. Minhyuk smirked as he heard her sharp intake of breath; he simply had never saw her this dense before. She was sitting upstraight beside him in the car, there’s a gap between her back and her seat, and he wondered if it was comfortable to sit like that especially with the seatbelt on.

She looked like she was ready to jumped out of the car anytime soon if he ever dared to made a sudden move.

She was clearly taking his threat very seriously since there’s not a single sound that was coming out of her all the way to her home.

Minhyuk tried to trick her out by asking a few questions, but she only responded with a slight nod or shake of her head. She was careful not to released a noncomittal sound; she probably thought that he might count that as a word.

He really should’ve just kissed her earlier.

Now that he was really thinking about it, it was probably his one and only chance to try things out. There was only a few days left for their filming, and there’s no guarantee if they’ll ever be remained this close after. He didn’t even know if they would have a kissing scene later, which was unfortunate because in his previous dramas he always got a kissing scene. It was kinda hilarious that the one time he had a perfect chemistry with his co-star, they probably wouldn’t even had shared a kiss.

Fate was playing a cruel game to him, and he was running out of time.

The road to her home had never been this quiet. They were accustomed to chat along the way, so the change of the atmosphere was defeaning. That, and the fact that he was thinking of a way or another to get her to talk to him. Anything. It wasn’t because then he would have an excuse to kiss her—lies...keep telling yourself that, Kang Minhyuk—but he desperately needed to cut off this awkward silence.

He turned off the engine of the car right after they arrived in front of her house, “We’re here, Jungie-yah,” he said as he released his seatbelt. Apparently, he didn’t need to say that since Soojung already had her seatbelt off, currently fumbling with the lunchboxes that she had brought to the set to open the door. She was about to fled away when Minhyuk grabbed her arm, amusement laced in every single words, “Why were you in such a hurry?” Since there’s still no response from her, he took the lunchboxes from her lap, “Let me help you with that.”

She stubbornly ressisting his help. He would have laughed if it wasn’t for the frown look she sported on her face, he probably looked like a bully who was about to seized a toy from the smaller kid.

“It’s okay, oppa, I can—“ her gasped brought her to his attention as both of them realizing her slip, her eyes bulged out at him in horror while she was busy covering with both of her hands.

The corner of his lips pulled slowly creating a half-smirk-smile, “You owe me a kiss for that.” There must be something wicked reflecting on his face because she was bolted out of the car in a rush, leaving the lunchboxes in his hands. He chuckled happily, taking his time to catch up with her.

This is gonna be fun.

***

She hated him.

God, she hated him so much for playing with her heart like this.

She hated him more because she could never tell if he was being serious or just teasing her when it comes to this kind of thing. It took her a very long time to finally getting used to with him throwing cheesy lines to make her blush, or playing boyfriend-girlfriend act that almost convinced everyone else’s in their vicinity but themselves, but ‘threatening’ to kiss her was taking it to a whole new different level. They didn’t even have a kissing scene, what would people think if they did something that wasn’t even in the script? Was he trying to get them into a scandal?

The latter probably wasn’t true, he had said that with exact confidence that it won’t happen. No matter how much his statement hurted her, she felt relieved to know that he wasn’t that type of guy who would intentionally get into some lame scandal. Now with that ruled out, it was all the more reason for her to figure out what he was thinking. She spent the rest of the night going through with these puzzling, frustrating thoughts.

She concluded there were 3 options about his probable schemes: First, he probably purely just teasing her for fun. If this is the case, he won’t kiss her even if she had said a thousand words. This had happened countless times before. Second, he would stay true to his words. She just wasn’t sure if he was going to kiss her right at the moment or if he would save it for later—at another unknown time and place. This also had happened equally as much as the first option.

But the most scarier option was number 3: he might just kiss her no matter what.

She wasn’t sure which one is the better option. Maybe she should just said a word to see what would happen.

Andwae, andwae, andwae. Where did that come from? She shook the thoughts off of her head as soon as it was creeping into her mind. At this rate, saying a word would definitely equated as ‘asking’ for a kiss. Might as well just get the deed done for yourself, Jung Soojung, it’s not like you haven’t fantasizing about it for a few times already.

She slammed her own head to the lunchboxes in front of her. She could hear his bemused laugh as she did this. Other times, she would glare at him, but this time, she simply didn’t want to do that less she won’t be able to stop herself to rant at him.

So imagined her surprised when all of that torture was ruined with one slip of words.

And all that she could think of was: ohmyGodohmyGodohmyGodohmyGodohmyGod.

She ran for her life straight to the entrance of her house, fumbling to get the key to the door, while Minhyuk oppa was following right behind her leisurely like an experienced predator who knew that he would get his prey with ease.

“Jungie-yah!” he called out to her, “Why are you so scared? It was just a kiss...”

Just a kiss, my ! How come he thought that it was just a kiss? They were in Korea, not in some downtown Western where you could kiss anyone you wanted to casually. She could never accepted it if it was just a casual kiss; her heart could never handle it, no matter how tempting the idea was.

He was getting closer and closer, she knew it by the sound of his feet that approaching her slowly, he might have caught her easily if he was walking a little bit faster, but he didn’t. He just loved to torment her. It took so much time to get the right key to turned with the clicking sound, and the door finally opened much to her relieve. But she was a second too late.

Minhyuk oppa had grabbed her shoulder and she applauded herself to restrained her screamed so as not to alerted everyone in her house. The last thing she wanted was to let her family saw them like this. She braced herself to faced him, whatever may come, only to find him staring down at her with a slight sad look.

“You were right, this shouldn’t be just a kiss. I’m sorry,” he commented, sliding down the lunchboxes right beside her front door and she only blinked.

Wait, what? Did she just say that out loud?

He patted her head softly while she was standing frozen in front of him, completely stunned. He gave her one of his signature smile—only it was lacked of any warmth she would usually felt from him and minus any sparkle in his eyes—before he turned around and walked back to his car.

Wait. Is that it? He’s just going to leave her... just like that? She wasn’t sure if she should feel relieved that he actually thought over it, but the glistening in her eyes clearly indicated otherwise.

Oppa!” Thankfully, he stopped at the sound of her voice, but he didn’t turned around. She knew she should have said something other than that. Something that would show him that she was not indifference to him, that she cared about him, that she didn’t want him to avoid her. But her tounge was stuck to her palate, and she only managed to choke, “Please be careful...”

She wasn’t sure what she was thinking, or how she was hoping he would react, but this felt awfully like a goodbye, and a hurtful one at that, knowing that they’ve had 10 steps back before even taking 1 step forward. She hung her head, staring blankly at her feet that was glued to her spot, forcefully willing for her tears not to fall.

She caught another pair of feet standing before her blurry eyes a moment later, and a hand lifted her chin up tenderly to find his gaze pierced through hers.

She heard him mumbling something like ‘to hell with it’ before he pressed his lips to hers.

All thoughts went out of the window right then and there.

His lips was surprisingly soft, so soft and light it felt like a feather. There’s no movement detected for the first few seconds, except when she finally closed her eyes to feel more of the tingling sensation that creeping slowly to every cells of her body. It was just the simplest act of kissing, until it wasn’t anymore.

Little by little, she felt him pushed extra pressure onto her lips. The pressure had increased significantly, it felt like he was coaxing her to respond, guiding her on what to do, to follow his lead, to kiss him back. It took a few more seconds before she instinctively did, and they take turns on kissing the other, very lightly. It felt so good kissing him like this, like a thousand butterflies fluttering on her lips. But it was him, the one and only guy who could make her heart beating fast, her lips stumbling for words, hands sweating and her head buzzing just by the mere presence of him. To have him upclose, skin-to-skin, holding her with so much care she felt like flying with those butterflies.

The hand that was once on her chin had shifted to the side of her face before it settled to cradle her head with his thumb caressing her cheek gently. As if they weren’t close enough, he s his other hand around her waist, pulling her closer roughly so that their body flushed chest to chest and she swore she could feel his heart beats frantically through their clothes. She wondered if he could feel hers, but the thought was interrupted as he deepened his kiss. He literally crushed her chest by holding her so tight and the air out of her lungs completely, then maliciously taking an advantage when she was gasping for a much needed air to invade . The moment his tounge searched for hers tentatively, was the moment when she saw stars.

She went limp. His hands guiding hers to encircle them around his neck, where she was clutching the hair on his nape, or anything she could grab onto to keep her body up. However, he put his hands on good use: keeping her warm by sliding them up and down her back and the side of her waist, where her skin burned and radiating heat to every fiber of her being. It was going for a few minutes, his kisses set her soul alight, her heart’s soared and she sighed contentedly. An involuntary smile curved on her lips. His eyelashes brushed again her cheeks as he opened his eyes, and so did she as his kisses slowed down to look at her in the eye intently. He must have found nothing but delight there because the smile he was given now was practically glowing. He gave her a couple of butterfly kisses more.

Oppa,” she stopped him between kisses, “That was more than one kiss.”

He grinned, “You do know that you owe me more than 10 kisses, right?”

For the nth times in just one day, she blinked. “What?”

“And there’s one more,” his thumb sliding up to her lips, rubbing it like something precious, then quoting his own words, “I said, ‘If you said one more word, I’m going to kiss you’. That means, one kiss for every single words you said. And that’s a total of...” he counted with his fingers, “...21 kisses.” Then he finished it with the most triumphant smile she ever saw.

She gaped at him. Surely. Did he just count her every words? She didn’t even remember what she had just said earlier. In fact, she was already lost count on how many times he was kissing her just now—“You’re impossible.”

He shrugged his shoulders nonchalantly, “23,” he bent down to steal one more kiss from her. “You know, the deal’s not over until I said so.”

Soojung then started hitting him on his chest with both of her hands, she hissed at him, “I’ve never even said that I’m agreed with that!”

“Oh honey, your kisses said it all...” he wiggled his eyebrows at her. That didn’t help him to stop her at all. He caught her hands while laughing at her pouty face.

“You tricked me!”

He put a quick kiss on her, hoping it would dissolve her angry state, “No, I didn’t.” She stomped her foot at that, threw his hands off of hers, turning her back on him and walking back to open her long forgotten door. “Jungie-yah...” he tried to stop her from walking out on him, only to find her slamming the door in front of his face. He couldn’t help but laugh while massaging his temple from smiling too much, “You forgot your lunchboxes...”

She abruptly opened her door, and quickly grabbed the lunchboxes to put it inside. This time Minhyuk was a bit faster to halt her from closing her front door, “Not even a goodnight kiss for me?”

She frowned at his request in disgust, and aswered firmly, “No. Just go home, oppa, it’s late,” then she closed the door and locked it behind her.

“Dream of me, Jungie-yah...”

That was the last words she heard from him that night. She leaned her back on the front door, listening to his footsteps and the roar of his car started off, before she finally let herself to relax. She rested her head on the door, took a deep breath, and replaying what had just happened in her head. Her mind was a complete mess, her body felt gooey like some kind of jelly. She touched her lips with her fingers, and all of a sudden all that sensations came back to her, lighting her up like fireworks.

Oh my God, I’m so screwed.

Minhyuk oppa had just stole her first kiss, and she couldn’t be more happier.

*** 

A/N: Did I trick you for a moment there? Khekhekhekhe...oh c'mon, you didn't think I would ruin the mood by not giving you the kiss, right? So what do you think about it? Too sweet? Too hot for a first kiss? ;p

I have to tell you about something. The first time I started this fic, my original plan was to get their first kiss much, much later than this. And by later, I mean, after they finished filming The Heirs, because at the time I wasn't sure about how close Minhyuk and Soojung were. But then the BTS scenes came out, and I was like, hey, they're much closer than I've ever thought. So I decided to move it up a bit. But if anyone ever thought that it was too soon or too out of character since both of them seemed really shy, please do tell me.

And I would like to give a shoutout to the lovely 19Boyo89 who constantly giving a great feedback for this story, thank you sooo much! Sometimes I felt like you can read my mind, but other times you gave me something that never even crossed my mind. And most of the times I tried to twisted them all together to see if it worked. So for everyone out there who had comment, subscribe, and read this fic, thank you! You've always made my day! See ya all next chapter!