Chapter 15

Tangled

Disclaimer: Own nothing. I'm just living in my delusional mind. This is an edited chapter.

***

As promised, Minhyuk took her on a second date just a few days before her departure to London. He picked her up not too early in the morning—after Soojung lied again to her family that she was going to have a dance practice for the Golden Disc Awards which will be held about a week later. Soojung insisted that she would meet him a few blocks away from her house so her family won’t see him. They had their breakfast which she had prepared especially for him inside Yonghwa’s car on the side of Han river. As expected, there weren’t too many people hanging out around there at winter morning on a busy weekday.

Minhyuk took her up on a ride with a tandem bike despite the cold weather. They had some difficulties what with their thick clothes which prevent them to push the pedal liberally. It was a slow, ridiculous experience, but Soojung admitted that she had a lot of fun with him. She always did. And Minhyuk said that it’s only in the morning; he had their whole day planned for this date.

She was so excited for whatever it is in store for her. After their first date last month, she knew that he would set up his standards higher this time. She didn’t expecting much though; these days, there’s nothing more perfect than spending a whole day with Kang Minhyuk, her lovely boyfriend.

Tired and freezing after a few hours around the Han river, they went to grab a lunch at a nearby cafe on the side of the river. Even if it seemed like there’s not too many people around, Minhyuk was the one who placed an order to the cafe for a take away meal, while Soojung waited patiently in the car. They needed to be more cautious since it was on a broad daylight; people would still recognized them even if they covered their faces. In fact, people would be even more suspicious if they did. Once he received his orders, Minhyuk drove her to a secluded spot still alongside the Han river, where they could enjoy their lunch privately.

Oppa,” Soojung put down her chopsticks once she finished her lunch, then threw it along with the lunchbox to a plastic bag once she had finished it, “I’ve been watching Cheongdamdong 111 lately. Did you really give your Jeguk High uniform for the auction?”

She had been wanting to ask this ever since she saw that particular episode. How those AOA girls looking at her boyfriend extremely disturbed her, not to mention that Minhyuk oppa had willingly gave up the precious uniform just a month after the drama ended. Otherwise, Soojung had been treating her uniform like some kind of treasure, cleaned and ironed meticulously so that no wrinkles would be seen, hanging within a transparent bag for her own private display in her closet. It was sacred for her, a lovely reminder of how she met him; and the fact that he didn’t keep his even for a while made her felt like he wanted to get rid of their memories much too soon.

He looked calm as he’s still got his attention to his food, his mouth moved in sync as he chewed the food as if her question was nothing. She couldn’t help but be disappointed at his response, “Oh, I did. I heard that it was sold at the highest price than the rest. Isn’t it great?”

Heol, he had the audacity to smile happily like that. Soojung didn’t smile in return, she stared at him with a hint of sadness around her eyes that Minhyuk gulped his food down nervously, “Wae? What’s wrong?”

She hit him on his arm unceremoniously, screaming and stomping her feet madly like a hormonal teenage girl, “You still need to ask ‘what’s wrong’?! Yah, how could you do that? Uuugggghhhh....!”

Yah, yah, yah,” Minhyuk put down his lunchbox on the dashboard before it fell out of his grip due to her painful punches. He tried to calm her down by catching both of her wrists in his hands, “Seriously, what’s wrong with you?”

Wrong move. That question only fuelled up her anger as she tried to release his grip on her with no avail.

“There’s nothing wrong with me! It’s all yours!”

“Fine!” Minhyuk finally quipped back, but he still didn’t let go of her. Instead, he moved his hands to hold hers as he tried to make her look him in the eye. His voice soften as she stilled in his arms, pouting, “But at least tell me what did I done wrong so I can fix it. Hm?”

Soojung still pouting her lips angrily, “You can’t fix it.”

“Why?”

“Because you can’t take back something that you’ve given for charity! Aiishh!”

Soojung flipped her head to avoid looking him in the eye. For God’s sake, why did men are so clueless? And here she thought that he was a smart and considerate one. Pffttt!

It took a few moments for the insensitive boyfriend of hers to realize what she was referring to. Then he started to burst out laughing. See? See? Soojung gritted her teeth with a frown on her forehead, absolutely pissed off with his reaction.

He didn’t even try to hide his laugh for her sake, “Seriously? You’re mad at me because of that? Really, Jungie-yah? Yah, it was just an uniform, it’s not like we’re going to wear it ever again.”

And that’s how it hit her hard like a slap on her face. So that was it. He really didn’t think of it as a precious memory; it was just an uniform for him. It was probably true that they weren’t going to wear it ever again, but she wanted to feel like they’ve possessed something similar, something that would make her feel like they were a couple. She really loved that uniform, both of them looked really good in it and it was the very first thing that they could count as similar as a couple shirt without anyone being suspicious.

And he thought that it was just an uniform.

Soojung shoved his hand away the next time he was trying to put his arm around her shoulders; she really couldn’t stand him right now.

“Soojung-ah... c’mon, you’re being sentimental. It’s just an—“

She put her palm out to his face before he finished his sentence, “Stop it, oppa. If you ever say that again, I swear I’m going to go home right here, right now. Tsk, you really know how to ruin a date...”

Minhyuk released a heavy sigh seeing her antics. She had her body fully turned to face the front of the car, completely ignoring him who was trying to lift up her mood. She shoved his hands away everytime he tried to hold hers, turned her back on him once he tried to pull her closer to him. He was really lost on what to do with her; it’s unbelievable that they would have a fight over something as silly as uniform.

“Do you want to go to the tea house? You said you really like it there—“ Minhyuk tried to bribe her, but immediately shut his mouth up as she didn’t even budge.

“Ah... it’s too bad. I was going to take you to go see a movie, but since you were being like this...” there’s still no response from her, “...do you know that there’s a themed theatre where you could have the whole studio for yourself? I think it’s a nice place for us since no one would bother us then...”

“What about shopping? You like shopping, right? I’ll buy you anything you want, how was it?”

“...”

Minhyuk threw his own body back to the driver’s seat, thinking of any other ways to persuade her. He had manifested a lot of time to plan their date today, and it wouldn’t do if his girlfriend had lost interest in it. He stared at his long forgotten lunch, there’s nothing much left in there, but he had lost his appetite to finish it. He grabbed the lunchbox and threw it to the plastic bag where Soojung had put hers into, then he went out of the car to threw it to the trash bin outside. He took his time to breathe in a long fresh air, hoping that it would clear his mind off of things.

How did it end up like this? He had no idea.

Should he give up and just take her home now? Her mood swings had gotten into him, maybe some time alone would make her feel a little bit better. But then, it would be hard to have a perfect day to spend together like this ever again, and the thought that he needed to start a perfect date plan all over again was enough to give him a headache.

With a new determination, he walked back to the car. He saw her still looking out at the window, still pretending like he didn’t exist. Then he did something that she would’ve never expected: he put one of his arms behind her back and the other under her knees, she gasped as he lifted her up carefully and propped her down on his lap on the driver’s seat.

Oppa!”

He ignored her protest as he fixed their position with her back resting comfortably to the driver’s door, her legs lay across him and her feet dangling on the passenger’s seat. He put her arms around his neck so that she could latch herself on him to prevent her from falling, while his encircled around her waist, drawing her closer to him, chest to chest.

“What are you doing—“

Then he shut her up with a full on mouth kiss. Her toes curled as soon as his lips met hers; all of a sudden she had forgotten that she was upset. It was unfair really, how easy it was for him to melt her heart in a single kiss. She felt like she was damned, because she didn’t even have the strength to resist him. In no time, he bit her lower lip gently and slipped his tounge to meet hers. It was a full battle of lips, tounge, and teeth, each seeking for a domination. Her heart was beating uncontrollably as she was practically writhing on his lap and his hand roamed all over her back, the other one holding her neck gently to caress the exposed skin. Suddenly it wasn’t enough. They pulled their bodies impossibly closer, seeking for each other’s body heat, creating a delicious friction that neither of them knew they’ve been craving for.

She shivered when he whispered with his husky voice, “Should we continue this for the rest of our date?”

Tempting. It would be so easy to give in to her instincts and let him does whatever it is he was doing now. The thought of being drown in his arms was so appealing that she realized that her hands didn’t tremble as much as she did the last time. Apparently, her body had put the green light on; the way he held her felt oh so good she didn’t want to be anywhere else but to be with him. However, her heart kept saying no.

Gripping his shoulders hard with both of her hands, she finally found the will to stop her insatiable boyfriend, looking him in the eye then mumbling, “You’re playing dirty.”

He chuckled smugly, “I didn’t hear you’re complaining.”

“Ugh,” it’s her turn now to bury her face to his neck to hide her embarrassment, “I hate you.”

He pulled her closer once again and smirked on her ear, “You can’t hate me.”

And that was probably true. She hated the fact the she can’t stay mad at him for long, especially if he was kissing her like that. To make things worse, he was well aware of her weakness and the way she fell for it far too soon was unhealthy. Liking him this much was scary; she was putting her heart on so much danger if her feelings for him grew any deeper than this. Especially when there’s no guarantee of where is this thing going, and when there’s so much more on the line for both of them.

As much as she liked their position, she shifted her back on him so that both of them facing the steering wheel. The space was cramped for both of them, still he resumed his activity on nibbling on her neck and doing wonders with his hands, “Are you still mad at me?”

 “I don’t know,” she answered truthfully, trying to control her breathing with his torturous ministrations.

“Would it make you feel better if I bought it back?”

She turned her head to glare at him, “Don’t be silly, oppa.”

He pecked her on the lips, “What if I made another one exactly like that?”

“Tsk, that’s not the point,” she was losing her patience all over again, adding, “You can’t make old memories on a new stuff...”

It took a moment when he finally got what she was fussing about, “So that’s what it is. I’m so sorry, I didn’t think of it that way,” he propped his chin on her shoulder, his fingers intertwined around her waist and squeezed her tight, “I couldn’t think of anything else that was more valuable for me back then...”

Oppa, you have a lot of fans. They would be happy with anything.”

“I know. But none of my stuff would be priced as high as the uniform was. Besides, it’s for charity, I can’t give them something cheap, right?”

“Tsk, just admit that you can’t refuse those girls, right? What did they do to convince you, huh? Did they seduce you with their ‘miniskirt’? Aisshh... guys these days...”

Minhyuk furrowed his brows, oblivious of what she’s talking about, “Girls? What girls?” Soojung gave him a stern look when it registered on his mind. He couldn’t hide his amused laugh at his own revelation, “You mean AOA? Are you really being jealous of them? Jinjja?”

“Who said I was jealous? I was just a bit disappointed that you could be swayed easily like that...”

“Jungie-yah,” he set a playful smirk at her, “You do realize that you are way far prettier and ier than them, right?”

Soojung rolled her eyes, “Cheesy lines won’t work on me, oppa...”

“Hm... but my kisses will do,” he put his thumb on her chin, turned her head towards him so he could kiss her softly, and like magic, he could feel her body relaxed in his arms.

They stayed like that for a while, holding each other in comfortable silence. Minhyuk swayed their bodies side by side, breathing the soft scent of her hair, occasionally soothing her with his kisses on her temple, cheeks, lips, and neck. He hoped it would be enough to make her anger subsided soon, better yet, he wished she would see of how much he really likes her. He knew that eventhough she likes him too, she also had a lot of doubts on him. It was acceptable though, this is the first time she’s been in a relationship, so it was understandable if she was kind of afraid to trust him with her feelings. Well at least, he hoped that that was her reason to hold back; and not because she still harboured some feelings for some other boys.

It was still afternoon, and they’ve still got a few hours before it’s getting dark. Minhyuk then asked her of what she wanted to do, knowing that his plan to take her on a movie date had to be cancelled.

Soojung looked at the steering wheel, gathering her courage before he flipped her face to ask him, “Would you like to teach me how to drive, then?”

He blinked. Clearly, he didn’t expect that. Soojung looking at him with her wide, innocent eyes, biting her lips as if she was afraid if he would say no. Well, it’s not like he didn’t want to, but it’s Yonghwa hyung’s car; he would surely kill him if he ever found a scratch on his beloved car.

Minhyuk cleared his throat, “Uhm... have you ever learned how to drive before?”

She shook her head, indicated that she had no idea on how to drive a car at all. She had asked Sica unnie to teach her a few times before, but knowing her sister’s driving skill—which wasn’t that good either—she was kind of afraid of her own safety. She couldn’t think of anyone else who could teach her; her father was busy, her mother didn’t even know how to use the car key to open the door, her manager was too afraid to take responsibility if something happen, and her band members didn’t even trust her to get anywhere near the driver’s seat. There’s no way she would ask a favor to her fellow oppas in the agency, too much rumour would be raised. So when she saw how good of a driver her boyfriend is, she had been thinking of asking him. He was her only chance, afterall.

“Well...” the gears in his brain working rapidly to refuse her without hurting her feelings, “Can we do it later? I mean, I’ll borrow someone else’s car who would most likely not kill me if we scratched her car—“

“—her car?” Soojung snapped back at him at the mention of some other girl, “Who do you mean with her?” she raised her voice at the last word.

“Oh, it’s Song Eunni noona. She had a simpler car for you to learn, and she’ll definitely would be okay if I borrow her car for a day—“

Yah!” Soojung stomped her feet angrily, his feet barely escaped hers, “Are you seriously going to take me into some other woman’s car? Do you wish to die?!

Minhyuk clamped his mouth shut as Soojung sulked and throwing tantrums because of his big mistake. He should’ve never mentioned her name, no, he should’ve never suggested the idea in the first place. Borrowing his hyung’s car for their date was bad enough; borrowing some other woman’s car would be cruel, both for that woman and his girlfriend. Stupid Kang Minhyuk, he scolded himself. He should’ve bought his own car, as soon as possible.

“Jungie-yah...” he tried again.

“Forget it! I want to go home!” Soojung folded her arms in front of her chest, putting some distance between her back which was no longer resting comfortably on his chest. There’s a palpable tension in the air as he saw her cold shoulders.

But don’t call him Kang Minhyuk if he was giving up so easily. He closed their distance by drawing her back to him despite her protest. She finally relented after a few times, his arms held her in a tight grip, “Mianhe...”

She let him hugged her from behind, but keep the angry act by curling her lips in annoyance. She knew that Minhyuk oppa is a noona killer; a lot of older women fangirling over him and what bothered her the most is he didn’t seem to mind about it. He was playing along with them out of respect, but she didn’t like it. No matter how many times she told herself that there’s no way her boyfriend liked them more than her, but she couldn’t help herself but questioning his feelings towards her.

“Why do you like me anyway, oppa? You said so yourself that you like older women,” she inquired. She didn’t know what to expect of his answer, she just wanted to know the truth.

She could feel his hot breath on her ear as he squeezed her tighter, contemplating his answer, “Uhm... because you’re pretty?” he chuckled when she gave him a death glare instead of a smile, “I don’t know. Do I need to have a reason to like you?”

Oppa...” she whined at his absurd answer, “There must be some reason why. If it’s just because I’m pretty, then you’re going to fall for any pretty girls you’ve met, aren’t you?”

He thought for a minute that she does have a point. Then he said the first thing that came into his mind, “I’m not sure, but I think it’s because you make me so happy? You make me laugh a lot, even when you’re mad at me. I just couldn’t help it. It came out naturally.”

Mwo ya?” she prostested, not really satisfied with his answer, “Am I just a joke to you? Seriously, stop making fun of me...”

He laughed again and pinched her nose playfully, “See? See? This is what I’m talking about. Everything you do could make me laugh, even if you did it unintentionally. Trust me, I’ve never felt so ease around girls before, let alone to laugh freely like I always did with you.”

“Geez, you’re such a sweet talker,” Soojung still didn’t believe him, “I’ve seen you joking around with Shin Hye unnie with my own eyes, and I’ve seen on TV how you’re interacted with Song Eunni unnie and you seemed to enjoy it every single time. Don’t even think that you can lie to me, oppa...”

The everlasting smile that was plastered on his lips grew wider to hear her statement, “I’m doing it out of respect. Older women usually thought of me as their little brother, so they acted all playful and sisterly when they were around me, and I have to say that I like it. While young girls like you...” he pinched her nose lightly, “...were usually a bit timid and shy. Besides, younger girls like you usually fall for the bad boy types, don’t you?”

She was taken aback that he questioned her back. She diverted her eyes from his curious stare, then slumped back in his embrace, “I’m not like most girls. You’re not a bad boy, but I still like you, right?”

Jinjja? You didn’t have any feelings towards anyone else who might be more of your type?”

She flipped her head to look at him in the eye and asked him back, “Would I be here and let you kiss me if I did? Oppa... why are you being like this?”

Minhyuk just smiled misteriously without giving her any answer. Instead, he kissed her on the lips one more time, then changed the topic, “So, you said that you want to learn how to drive, right?”

“But, you said—“

“It’s okay, I’ll guide you with every step and you need to listen to my every words carefully, understand?”

She nodded enthusiastically as Minhyuk oppa told her the basics such as where’s the gas pedal and the brake, and how to use the hand gears. He also told her the difference between automatic and manual car, before he instructed her to put her feet above his on the pedal so that she would feel how much pressure she should give while driving. He then put his hands on top of hers on the steering wheel and taught her how to change gears and use the hand brake. After she get the feel of it, he gave her his consent to start the engine and practiced what he had taught her.

They spent the last hours teaching her how to drive until evening came. Soojung still needed a lot of practice before he’d let her driving alone without his guidance, but at least, she had learned the basics. She looked quite happy that she had her first driving lesson with him, even though he scolded her a lot for being panicky, but she didn’t mind. She couldn’t wait for their next session to improve herself.

When dinner time had come, Minhyuk oppa took her on a reserved room in a Korean restaurant in downtown Seoul. They came in separately as to not attract people’s attention, so when Soojung came in, Minhyuk oppa had already in the room with their foods already served on the dining table and no one would interrupt them, not even the waitress. They took their time to finish their food while enjoying the scenery from the 5th floor through the glass window, relinquished in each other’s company.

It was already 9 p.m. when they finished their dinner and got out of the restaurant. Full, tired, and satisfied, she thought their date was over and he was going to take her home, when he stopped the car to a familiar place. She looked at him questioningly; the place now dark and empty. If they came a bit earlier, they would find this place so crowded with people, colorful lights covering the whole places brightly. She was confused, the place was closed for the night, so why did he bring her here?

He grabbed her hands and led her to sneak into the building through what seemed like a back door. He put his index finger on his lips to tell her to keep silent when he pushed the unlocked door open easily and pulled her inside. Like an expert, he found the lights switch and turn it all on, and she gasped.

With a smug smile on his face he said, “You said you wanted to play ice skating. Well, this might not be an outdoor ice rink as you asked for, but this is the only place where the owner was generous enough to let me rent it for a few hours.”

Soojung still couldn’t take her eyes off around the beautifully lit place. Mouth agape in awe, still couldn’t believe that he would do something as grand as this, to rent the whole ice rink just for her. She used to practice here with her partner for the ‘Kiss and Cry’ show, and even though she had her own fair of having the rink as her stage, it felt different somehow. Without the judge, without the audience, without her coach and her partner, and without the other contenders to share with, she felt like a kid in a candy house. It felt surreal, this is what she had been dreaming of since she was little, to have an ice rink all for herself.

Minhyuk oppa blocked her view from her dream land, searching for her face with that warm eye-smile of his, “So... do you like it?”

She nodded her head vigorously, speechless. This wonderful boyfriend of hers, who she barely knew, had given her something and everything that everyone else’s had failed to fulfill: comfort, and now this. She didn’t know if this is his pure luck or if he already knew about her skating skill, all she knew that she was so lucky to have him as her boyfriend. He might not be everything that she had been portrayed as an ideal boyfriend, but unexpectedly, she found her dreams came true one by one with him. And she thanked God that she had given herself a chance to be with him, she knew now that she would never regret it. Ever.

“Let’s play, shall we?” Minhyuk offered his arm for her like a gentleman in the 80’s movies, which she happily accepted, then he took her to choose their skating shoes. It’s too bad that she didn’t bring her own shoes, but well, who knew that he would take her here anyway?

They took a few laps around the rink hand in hand. Soojung endlessly because apparently, he wasn’t that good in this sport. He had some trouble with coordinating his feet with his body, hence he was falling to the ground for the first few laps—and she laughed at him everytime—excusing himself that he just need some time to adapt since it’s been a long time he had played this game.

Oppa!” she glided gracefully towards him to help him standing on his feet, giggling to see his face reddened in shame. Gosh, he’s really cute! She offered both of her hands and pulled him up, “You should’ve never take me here if you don’t want to hurt yourself.”

Yah!” Minhyuk protested while gripping her hands to stay upright, “If I knew that you were this good, I would never take you here and hurt my pride like this.”

Soojung snorted, guys and their pride. This was the first time she saw him sulked. Usually, he was the one who had the upper hand and she was the one who sulked like a baby girl. Now that the table had turned, she knew why he loved to then. If she looked half as cute as he is right now, no wonder if he couldn’t resist to cuddle and kiss her everytime she did so. That’s exactly how she felt right now, she wanted to , kiss him, and again. Sounds fun, huh?

She glided backwards, hands still holding his, helping him to find his balance as they slide together in the middle of the rink, “Are you saying that you really don’t know?”

“Know what?”

She stopped to look up at him, searching for his eyes, “That I’ve won first place in ‘Kiss & Cry’. You know, the skating competition with Kim Yuna?”

Minhyuk blinked, strucked in awe at the girl’s revelation, “You did?!”

Soojung clicked her tounge, “Eiyy... you really don’t know? Geez, everyone else’s know that. How come you, who claimed as my boyfriend, didn’t even know about that?”

“How would I know?” he tried to defend himself, “You’ve never told me. Heol,” he wiped his face with his hand after letting go of her grip, “I must have made a fool of myself in front of you. Aiishh...”

Yah...” she shouted at him when he left her in the middle of the ice rink, struggling his way to reach the way out, “Where are you going, oppa?” she chased after him in no time, “Are you mad at me? Really?”

He let out a breathy sigh before saying, “You should’ve told me.”

“Well, I thought you knew,” she jutted her lips out at him, “Besides, you’d never asked.”

“So, are you going to keep everything a secret if I’ve never ask about it? Are you going to let me found out everything about you from everyone else’s instead of you?”

Soojung furrowed her brows to see him snapped at her like that. She was confused, she had no idea what was it he’s talking about, “But, it’s not like I’m trying to keep it a secret from you, oppa... We’ve simply had never talked about it, why are you getting so riled up about this? You scared me...”   

“It’s not— Look,” Minhyuk put his hands on both of her arms, bending himself down to her eye-level, “I just wanted to know you better, and I wanted to hear them straight from your mouth or see it with my own eyes. Trust, is something crucial in a relationship, and the only way to gain trust is by being honest to each other. I’m sorry if I’m scaring you, I’m just- right now, I feel like I didn’t know you at all...”

“But you do know me... Just give it some time, oppa...”

Minhyuk could only give her a half-hearted smile, he really wished that he knew her better to know if she was lying or not. He did feel like he had figure her out, but since what Heechul hyung had said to him, and now this, he started to doubt himself: did he really knew her true self or is it only a side of her that she wanted to show him?

“I’m sorry, Soojung-ah... but I think I need some time to rest. Take your time and play, I’ll be waiting on the side, okay?”

And he went his way to sit on the bench just outside the rink. She watched him waved his hand at her through the glass that separated them. It was ironic, how the glass represented the difference between her world, cold and alone inside the ice rink, with his world outside. Suddenly her dream land didn’t look as beautiful as she thought it is; suddenly his world looked so much better than this, warm and inviting, as if waiting for her to break free. She really wanted to follow him outside, she felt suffocated without him here.

Oppa!” She shouted from the top of her lungs, asking for his attention, “Watch me!”

So she glided along the ice rink with a determination. She slide, jumped, bent her body and pour all of her heart into her every move, showing off her true skill to the guy who was watching her outside in awe. Most importantly, she hoped he could see how she bared her true self through this dance, when she was in her true element. No holding back.

Meanwhile, Minhyuk watched her every move in this private performance she had showed only for his eyes to see. He had never seen something so beautiful, someone so beautiful, in his life that he felt his heart beating like a drum carelessly. He was moved. He could feel her in every move she made: the happines, the sadness, the fear, the loneliness, the frustation, the confusion, the doubt, the longing, the hope... It was like she was trying to tell how she truly felt in this dance.

She jumped, spinned, jumped, jumped, and jumped again, and he knew that it was her anger, an anger that she’s been holding inside. She bent her knees to the ground, then got back up to run, faster, faster, and faster, as if she was chasing a dream that slipping out of her reach, and run even more faster, more desperate, and he knew that it’s getting to the , she ran faster and faster before she jumped and leapt, spinning her body around in the air.

It was the most breathtaking scene, until she lost her balance and fell to the ground with a loud thud.

His eyes widen in horror as he saw her feet failed to keep her body upright, hence she fell with her bumps hit the ice hard. Reflexively, he stood up and speeding to approach her, freaked out and worried as hell.

Gwenchana?” he asked once he had reach her, kneeling down and checking her feet to see if she can move it.

“I think it’s okay, oppa. It’s just a little sprain, I guess,” she answered, seething quietly when he tried to straighten her feet. When he put his hands under her knees, she stopped him just in time before he lifted her up, “Oppa, what are you doing? You barely can stand up alone with these shoes...”

“But I need to move you out of here, and go to a hospital,” he argued.

“What? No! No hospital, please. I think I can walk if you just help me...”

“Soojung-ah...”

Oppa,” she insisted, “It won’t do us any good if you were hurt just because you’re carrying me around. You need to drive, remember?”

Finally, Minhyuk relented because she was right. It wouldn’t be funny if both of them stranded in the middle of the rink, unable to move. So instead of lifting her up bridal style, he put his arm around her waist and help her to stand. It was a slow, torturous walk throughout the short distance to the bench. Once she sat comfortably on the bench, he took off his shoes first before he kneeled in front of her to help her. He examined her feet and found that her right ankle was slightly swelled, other than that, seemed like there’s no fractures or dislocated bones could be found.

“Are you sure you don’t want to go to the hospital, Jungie-yah? I think you need to at least see a doctor just to make sure...” he asked her once again, feeling as anxious as ever.

“It’s okay, oppa. I’ve sprained my ankle so many times before, it just need to be compressed with warm water, and I’ll be alright. No need to worry, oppa,” she reassured him.

“But, aren’t you going to perform on GDA next week? What about your practice?”

Oh, crap. She forgot about that. Soojung bit her lower lips to hid her concerns from him, “Well, I think I just need to drink some pain reliever—“ she stopped herself when Minhyuk gave her a stern look. Clearly, he didn’t like that idea, “—fine. I’ll see a doctor. But not tonight. I’ll go tomorrow with Sica unnie, or my mom.”

Minhyuk started to protest when she added, “Do you want to make a scandal by going to a hospital in the middle of the night? Really, oppa?”

“Promise me,” he looked into her eyes, making no room for her to get away from this, “Or I’m going to drag you there myself if I found out that you didn’t, arraseo?”

Ara... I promise.”

And with that promise, he carried her outside the building and into the car. He found a security on their way out, and he thanked him for letting him in. The security bowed back to them, only realizing that they were actually idols.

He drove her back straight to her home. She tried to stop him from carrying her again from the car to her house, reasoning that her parents and her sister were all at home, and she didn’t want them to get caught like this. But being the most stubborn boyfriend in the world, she cowered under his death glare. She had to admit that it was so sweet of him to take care of her like this, but as much as she liked it, he was kind of scary.

She unlocked her front door while still in his arms just like they did on their first date, only with extra care, he took her upstairs very quietly. Seeing that her house was already dark, she figured that her parents might have fallen asleep on the first floor. But since it wasn’t past midnight as before, there’s a big chance that her sister wasn’t yet.

He put her down on her bed carefully, threw her shoes on the floor, then helped her to remove her jacket, her beannie, and her gloves, and even managed to pull her blanket to cover her body up to her neck, when he reminded her of their promise, “Remember, you need to go to the hospital first thing in the morning.”

She nodded obligely, “I will. Just go home, oppa, before someone caught us here,” she pushed him away, but he mischievously stole a long, deep kiss from her lips.

Then her bedroom door opened unceremoniously, revealing a sleepy Jessica who was about to enter her room, “Soojung-ah, are you home—“

***

Guys! I have some news!

A friend of mine saw Kang Minhyuk carrying Jung Krystal out of the ice rink in the middle of the night!

 

Really? Did someone get some pictures this time?

 

He did, but well, it was dark. You can barely see their faces.

 

Oh show it to me, show it to me!

Omo! Finally! Some proof!

 

What is this? I can’t see anything!

 

It does look like Minhyuk’s back, but I can’t be sure...

 

Don’t you have clearer pictures?

 

I don’t, but at least we have some proof.

 

Proof? Pfft, you can’t say this excuse of a picture as proof.

You can mentioned any idols name, and no one would believe you.

 

Whatever. A lot of people had saw them anyway.

 

Yeah, I’m going to post it on Twitter, tho.

It’s going to be a WWTT!

***

A/N: So I'm back, people! Sorry for the long wait, I have 2 jobs now, I barely had time to sleep, let alone to write. But don't worry, I am determined to finish this story as long as this ship keeps sailing, so please kindly bear with me. I don't know when I'll be updating, but I hope as soon as possible. Thanks for reading, commenting, and subscribing everyone! Everytime I thought I won't get any of it anymore (did the story bored you, already?), but there's always someone who did and you never failed to make my day. So thank you so much! XOXO