Chapter 11

Tangled

Disclaimer: Not own a thing.

Warning: This is an edited version of the chapter. If you want to read the full version you can go to the M-rated section https://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/736143/1 or http://archiveofourown.org/works/1236292/chapters/3443243. Remember, if this version is too much for you, don't even think to read the full version. Consider yourself warned.

***

As soon as their filming for Kim Tan’s party was over, he dragged her to the changing room to released his frustated thoughts on her.

Well, she could only imagined that he must have been on a living hell to see her showed off so much skin for everyone to see. He had been on a sour mood these last few days because he couldn’t go the vacation with his band members due to the filming, and to top it off, he had to endure the night as he saw every single men in the room were practically drooling over her. Forget Shin Hye noona who was the lead character and looked elegant and so mature with her red dress; Jung Soojung oozed a y look that attracted every male species in the room. He had to control himself from claiming her as his what with the cameras everywhere. 

Neither of them realized that someone had saw them went into the room together.

It was only a few days since their first kiss; and she was still not quite sure on what they were exactly. A couple? A lover? He’d never asked her on a date. He’d never even said that he liked her. Despite his eagerness on kissing her, he had never talk about his feelings. It made her a bit insecure somehow, not knowing where is this going, but she was also scared that he might have back off if she ever suggested on labelling whatever it is they were doing.

He was busy nibbling on her lower collarbone. As if sensing her hesitation, he slowed down his movements, hands and lips trailing up to cradle her face lovingly before he stopped and looking at her in the eye. Her eyes reverted as she saw the questioning look in his eyes, face flushed as she finally found her voice, “I’m sorry, oppa, I can’t—“

“Ssshhh...” he shushed her before she could finish, pulling her into his embrace as she buried her face on his neck. He carressed her hair and her back to soothe her, muttering with a low sigh in understanding, “It’s okay, Jungie-yah... It’s okay,” he felt her tightened grip on his shoulders, suddenly feeling guilty as he realized that her hands were shaking, hard. He put a deep kiss on her temple to comfort her, “I’m sorry... I’m really sorry, I didn’t mean to- I-“ he took a deep breath before finishing what he was about to say, when she shook her had slowly.

“I know, oppa, it’s not your fault...”

He found a need to took another deep breath, she’s founding it all wrong. So he caught both of her shaking hands in his, eyes looking at her intently as he kissed her hands firmly. She didn’t know how, but the simple act felt more intimate than their previous make out session, and the way he rubbed his thumb on the back of her hands made her heart thumped louder than ever.

She gulped when he said, “Don’t get me wrong, Jungie-yah. I like you. I really, really like you I don’t know how to say this to you properly. I know we’ve started it off the wrong way, but believe me, this was not my intention. I like you more than that. And I don’t want to scare you off, so please, don’t be afraid to tell me what you were thinking, okay?”

He waited for her response, one of his hand moved to tuck her hair behind her ear so he could watch her more clearly. She gave him a slight nod before he continued, “I wanted to try on us. To see if this is working. I know, we probably won’t see each other as often after the filming, but Jung Soojung, would you like to give it a try and be my girlfriend?”

He held his breath as he waited for her answer. If only he knew how she was chanting ‘Yes’ a thousand times in her head, how hard it was to stopped herself from jumping up and down giddily like a little kid at his confession. She really wanted to jump on him and hug him and kiss him like they did earlier, but as shy as she was, she could only bit her bottom lip and smile before nodding in confirmation.

The heartthrobbing eye-smile of his appeared on his slightly disheveled look, now that she noticed how funny—and hot—his look with his messy hair, his tie dangling loosely around his neck and his white crisp shirt crumpled, a walking proof of her earlier work on him. She whispered a ‘Yes’ before he sealed their deal with a kiss.

***

The girl who saw them earlier watched carefully when she saw Kang Minhyuk emerged from the changing room alone. Well, at least he used the room to change his outfit, although she wondered if there was any other activities they did there. He was careful enough to close the door behind him, looking as calm and casual as he usually did as he scanned the hallway. The girl stepped back to the wall where she was hiding on another hallway, when she heard that he was actually walking on her way. She braced herself and started walking out of her hiding place, she even managed to greet him with a slight bow as she passed him, and he greeted her back without any suspicions.

She huffed in relieve, not knowing why it was her who was nervous that he might have caught her when it was him who had a secret. A lot of people had been wondering if the second lead couple was a real thing, but both of them had deny it countless times that they weren’t and eventually people believed them despite the obvious signs and hints they left around the set. She actually didn’t quite believe her own eyes when she saw them walking hand in hand, not that she had been used to see them done that so many times before, but the way they behaved like they were such in a rush was odd. And her suspicions were hightened when they didn’t come out for about 20 minutes. She tried to opened the door once, only to find it was locked from the inside, and the fact that she couldn’t hear a single sound except for a few thuds on the door make her even more curious.

Krystal came out a few minutes later with her own clothes, right when the girl was about to pass the changing room. Krystal recognized her as one of the stylish team then bowed politely.

“Oh, unnie,” Krystal said to the girl, “I’ve put the blue dress on the very front of the hanging rack, along with the shoes.”

Ne, Krystal-ssi, I’ll check on it later.”

Ne...” Krystal bowed once again before she left to the same direction as Kang Minhyuk earlier.

The girl went inside the changing room carefully, and found no one else was there. She sighed, it’s too bad that the room didn’t have any CCTV for privacy reasons, no one would believe her even if she told everyone about what she had seen...

***

Finally, the filming of The Heirs had come to an end. Everyone clapping and congratulating each other to celebrate their hard work for the past months. The actors and actresses gathered around by gender, joking with one another, laughing as they reminisced their experience and journey together. The atmosphere was a mixture of joy, relieve, and of course, sadness. Sad because they’ve been so used to be together and that now they have to separate ways.

“Ahh... I’m really going to miss you all, guys...” Park Shin Hye exclaimed to the girls, gesturing to make a group hug. “It was so fun to have most of the cast with the same age, it really feels like high school all over again...” she said, her eyes b on the verge of tears.

Unnie... don’t make me cry,” Soojung gave her a personal hug which made the older girl giggle at her cute antics.

“Soojung-ah, don’t be a stranger, okay?” Soojung nodded as they released their hug and Shin Hye turned to Kim Jiwon to give her a hug. “You too, Jiwon-ah... Don’t hesitate to call me if you need any help, oh?”

Neunnie,” Jiwon smiled at the kind-hearted girl who she considered as her own sister, along with Soojung. “Don’t cry, who knew maybe next time we could meet again in another drama?”

“Fingers-cross?” Soojung inquired, and the other girls followed suit.

Meanwhile, the actors were laughing out loud at the story that Kim Woobin and Park Hyungsik shared. They were having a fit as Lee Minho challenged them on who can pull the best aegyo. Park Hyungsik won without a doubt, but Kim Woobin shameless tries never failed to make everyone who see it burst into laugh.

Aisshh... this is so unfair...” Woobin voiced his objection. Hyungsik had been his best buddy both on-and-off screen, the rumors that they hit it off was only second with Minhyuk-Krystal’s dating rumors. “It’s been so long since I had this much fun while filming.”

Lee Minho cut him off, “Yah, you always had a role as a high school boy. You always had fun while filming.”

Woobin pursed his lips, then nodded in agreement, “True. But none of them was as fun as you guys. Ahh... I’m going to miss teasing each and every one of you, especially Hyungsik, Minhyuk, and Krystal,” he stated, wiggling his thick eyebrows suggestively.

Yah, oppa! Did you just compare me with Minhyuk and Krystal?” Hyungsik pouted at the older guy, while Woobin shoved his head away at his jokes. Having been used to that kind of treatment, Hyungsik jutted his lower lips even more.

Aiishh, jinjja, this guy really... tsk, tsk, tsk,” Woobin then ignored the sulking Hyungsik alone, before turned to Kang Minhyuk and Kang Haneul. “Hhh... so Minho hyung got a kiss, Kang Haneul got a kiss, even uri Minhyukkie got a kiss. Am I the only guy who didn’t get a kiss, again?”

“Neither do I,” Hyungsik quipped.

“I’m not asking you,” Woobin replied curtly, not even bothered to glance at him.

“I think Choi Jin Hyuk ­hyung also didn’t get any,” Kang Haneul reasoned to him.

“He doesn’t count,” Woobin deflected. “Well at least, he got a girl to be paired up with, while I’m, I’m stuck with this kid from beginning to end,” he corrected, regarding Hyungsik with his signature glare.

“Don’t be so disappointed, hyung,” Minhyuk tried to cheer him up, “You’re such a great actor. Sooner or later, a packed of beautiful girls would line up to have a kissing scene with you.”

Geude?” Woobin asked him back sarcastically, “Can I have Krystal in the line, too?”

Ahhh...” Minhyuk chuckled at his blatant attempt to get a reaction like he did to Hyungsik not so long ago, but Minhyuk wouldn’t fall to the same hole twice, “That was up to her, not me.”

Woobin and Hyungsik exchanging knowing looks at Minhyuk’s diplomatic answer, obviously doubting if he meant what he was saying. Minhyuk bent his head in shame, knowing fully well what they were implying. He was thankful that none of them had told anyone else about the little incident at the campsite, if only they knew that he was actually dating Soojung... Minhyuk was sure he would never see another day without them teasing him mercilessly.

“What is it?” Lee Minho looking back and forth at the guys, completely confused, “Did I miss something?”

Aniii...!” The guys answered in unison that only made him even more curious.

Wae? What is it?” Kang Haneul, who was also left not knowing anything, trying to connected the dots and asked to Minhyuk, “Is there something going on between Minhyuk and Krystal?”

“I’m still curious about that, too...” Woobin smirked.

Minhyuk’s face turned pale like a deer caught in the spotlight, as all the other guys now fixed at him, demanding for an answer.

Aniii...” Minhyuk lied. He had to. His relationship with Soojung was still on its early stage and so fragile that he didn’t want to share it with anyone yet until he was sure that it would last. Soojung’s probable overreaction didn’t help either, there’s always a possibility that she would ran away from him just because she was too scared of the publicity.

“Is that true?” Hyungsik lead him on. “I’ve heard that the kissing scene wasn’t her first kiss after all. I really wonder who is that lucky guy...”

“I-it’s not me! I don’t know either. She won’t tell me,” Minhyuk desperately trying to find an escape out of this. He was really hoping that they couldn’t see the truth right through his eyes.

“Minhyuk-ah, Hyungsik had never mentioned that it was you... could it be...” Haneul squinted his eyes at him.

“Tsk, tsk, tsk... Yah, Kang Minhyuk! I’d never thought you had it in you...” Lee Minho tilted his head, cornering the younger guy along with the others.

A-anii... Hyung... There’s really nothing... Why don’t you believe me?”

Woobin couldn’t help it anymore as he finally laugh, “Minhyukkie, you are too easy. That’s why we love to tease you so much because you’re getting nervous so easily. Hahahaha...” he laughed out loud as Hyungsik gave him a high-five.

Minhyuk could only released a sigh of relief. To be honest, he was actually glad that the filming finally over. That meant less people to off, he had enough people who did that in his company. If only they know the truth...

***

The wrap-up party held later that night, with the whole crew and cast packed up in a restaurant they had rented specially for the occasion. Minhyuk and Soojung had spent the whole afternoon after their last scene together driving around the town. He then dropped her off to the f(x)’s dorm where her manager had been waiting for her while Minhyuk returned Yong hyung’s car to the dorm, and he also would go to the party with his own manager. The couple had agreed on this as to not raised any further suspicions. Besides, Minhyuk would have a fan meeting after the party, so it would be best for them to arrived separately.

Soojung arrived first and she waved on him to sit beside her on one of the corner tables that she had reserved for them. She was careful on picking the table that was far away from anyone’s sight. She’s also intentionally avoiding to sit anywhere near the lead actors, since she knew that they would be the center of the attention tonight. All it ever did to her was teasing her; to be exact, she had had enough of it.

“Hey,” Minhyuk oppa greeted her with that heart-warming smile of his, taking a seat right beside her. She thought that after her doubts about his feelings on her had been cleared, it would be impossible for her feelings to grow. Apparently, she was wrong. Ever since they’re officially dating, even a mere sight of him could make her heart beats uncontrolably.  

He scooted closer to her, and she shivered at their immediate physical contact. People were filling in, foods and drinks were served and as soon as the director finished his speech on thanking everyone for their great teamwork, everyone started to digging in. Soojung had long pass the pretense when it comes to eat, especially meats; everyone already knew that she eats a lot. So it wasn’t a surprise when she was the one who put the meats on the grill eagerly.

Soojung served the perfectly cooked meats to Minhyuk oppa, while Minhyuk wrapped the meats then feed her and himself alternatively. Choi Jin Hyuk oppa and Kang Haneul oppa sat right in front of them and even though they were used to with them being so lovey-dovey, they were still amazed with how comfortable the couple were with each other.

Hyung,” Kang Haneul said to Choi Jin Hyuk who was gaping at the couple, “Don’t you feel like a third wheel here?”

Oh,” replied the other guy shortly. He scoffed lightly, but the couple went on like they didn’t heard anything. “Yah... Did you really have to do that? The filming had ended, so why the hell did you have to keep the act?”

Soojung then looked at him blankly, tilting her head with chewing on the delicious meal, “Do you want some, oppa?” She completely disregarded his comment earlier, making another wrap to offer to him instead. “It was really good, oppa, here.”

“You should try it, hyung,” Minhyuk even had the guts to urge him on, “Soojungie really knows how to make a perfectly cooked meats.”

Unbelievable. Choi Jin Hyuk opened his mouth to say something to them, but thought better of it. He might not have a lot of scenes with the couple, but who didn’t know about them, really? In all his experiences, most people, especially ones who get teased a lot like they had, would try to keep a distance once the rumours spread out. It would resulted in an awkward situation where it would show on-screen, and eventually people would forget about them. But that’s not the case with this couple. It was almost seemed like they didn’t care what other people said about them, they’d never do anything about it. If it was possible, they were actually enjoying each other company too much that it seemed like they did it on purpose to mocked everyone who teased them, just so that people would get more annoyed and jealoused with how close they were. It’s a reversed psychology, Choi Jin Hyuk knew it all too well that if he said anything more, they would probably took the public display of affection to a whole new level that in the end it was him who would feel uncomfortable. He sighed in defeat and finally took the offered meat wrap from Soojung, while the girl proceed to make another one for Kang Haneul. Minhyuk was watching the older guys as they eat, waiting for their response.

“How was it? It’s really good, right?” Minhyuk asked, obviously proud with his girlfriend skill.

Kang Haneul nodded, lifting his thumbs up while he hummed as he clearly enjoyed the meat. Choi Jin Hyuk muttered something incomprehensible, but by the look of it, he was enjoying it, too. Minhyuk then served them with more meats, hoping that it would be enough to bribe them and shut them out. Soojung knew what Minhyuk oppa was trying to do, so she poured some drinks for the older oppas in order to get some peace through the night.

Their plan seemed to work as they didn’t hear any complains from them anymore.

A couple of hours later, the restaurant were getting noisy as more and more people were getting drunk. There were shouts and howling in the middle of the room, and Soojung couldn’t careless about what were happening around her. Soojung wasn’t drunk anyway, neither she nor Minhyuk oppa had even touched their drinks. She was afraid that she would say something that would revealed her relationship with Minhyuk oppa if she was drunk, while Minhyuk oppa reasoned that he needed to attend the fan meeting after this¸ and it wouldn’t be a good idea if he appeared drunk at the event.

His phone vibrated from one of the pocket in pants. He fished the phone out, seeing that his manager had texted him that it was time to go. Soojung peeked through his shoulder, smiling a bit as she saw their selca as his phone screen—not the ones from the filming, but the ones they took privately and kept for their personal secret, she had tons of it in her own phone—but the smile vanished as she read the text.

Her eyes shifted to look up at her boyfriend, linking her arms to his as if she wouldn’t let him go, “Did you really have to go?”

Minhyuk gave her a sad smile, he also felt reluctant to go because this is probably the last time they could be seen together without raising any suspicions. This is the last time they could freely act as a couple in front of everyone, where they didn’t need to be afraid if any scandal would break-out if they were too close, where they could use Yoon Chan Young and Lee Bona as an excuse. Being a couple on-screen when you were really not was easy; but try to act as if they were nothing in real life? Well, that would be hard. Everything would went down hill from now on.

He held a reassuring hand on hers, trying to convinced her that it would be okay. That they would be okay. He really wanted to give her a kiss, even if it was just on her forehead or her hands, but that would be too risky. So he settled on rubbing his thumb at the back of her hand, hoping it would be enough to soothe her for a while.

His phone vibrated again, a sign that his manager and the other members had been arrived to pick him up, and he could feel her grip on him tightened. With a heavy sigh, and a heavier heart, he released his arm from her death grip, whispering ‘I’ll see you soon, okay?’, before he got up and bid his goodbye to everyone around them. Soojung watched him helplessly as he walked over to the way out, taking time to greet the director, scriptwriter, and the older cast briefly, and finally disappeared behind the doors.

***

A/N: Why do I feel like crying while writing this?

If you think that the story was over since the filming had ended, well, worry not.

The drama were just about to begin.