Chapter 7: Bad and Boring Sunday, Maybe or Maybe Not?

Everything Started with an Apple (Chapter 13 update 7/15/19)

Chapter 7:

Bad and Boring Sunday, Maybe or Maybe Not?

 


 

 

Sunday morning comes, birds chirping happily outside and the warm sun rises beautifully as Kyungsoo wakes up and sits up from her bed. She stretches her arms upward then stretches her upper body along with her arms side wards.

 

Kyungsoo gets up from her bed and exercise a bit before slipping her feet in, wearing her slippers before going down the stairs. She looks at the clock, saying that it’s six o’clock in the morning. She goes to the bathroom to wash her face and brush her teeth. Kyungsoo grabs her toothbrush from the toothbrush holder and toothpaste before putting some toothpaste on her toothbrush before brushing her teeth. After brushing her teeth, she washes her face with water before putting some facial wash soap on and massages her face with it before rinsing the facial wash soap with water. She dries her face gently with a face towel before getting out of the bathroom.

 

Once she’s outside the bathroom, she goes up the stairs opposite from where she gets down to the bed where someone is sleeping.

 

Kyungsoo sits down on the side of the bed, leaning closer to the figure as she her hand places on the figure’s shoulder and shakes the figure to wake up.

 

“Unnie, wake up. You’ll be late for your Council meeting…”

 

“Mmh…” The figure shifts her position and her back is now facing Kyungsoo.

 

Kyungsoo shakes her head before shaking the figure a bit harder, “Joonmyeon-unnie, wake up! Kris-sunbae won’t be too happy if he learns that you’re sleeping late again.”

Joonmyeon groans, indicating that she’s awake now. Kyungsoo stands up from Joonmyeon’s bed, walking towards the stairs but before saying, “You should go and take a shower, I’ll fix your outfit for today, unnie.”

 

Joonmyeon sits up from her bed, ruffling her hair before nodding her head. Kyungsoo goes down the stairs and walk towards Joonmyeon’s clothes section under the bed section.

 

Kyungsoo opens Joonmyeon’s wardrobe and scanning through the clothes before picking some clothes that might suits Joonmyeon for a perfect Sunday morning. As Kyungsoo picks some clothes, she notices Joonmyeon walking grumpily to the bathroom.

 

Kyungsoo chuckles at this before grabbing Joonmyeon’s clothes and goes to where the ironing board is and plugs in the iron. She waits for a few minutes before she irons Joonmyeon’s clothes for the day.

 

As soon as Kyungsoo’s done ironing, Joonmyeon coincidentally goes out of the bathroom, one towel wrapping around her upper body and another one is using for drying Joonmyeon’s hair.

 

“I’m done ironing your clothes, Joonmyeon-unnie. I’ll just put this here on the ironing board. I’ll take a shower.” Kyungsoo says as she places the clothes carefully on the ironing board and starts walking towards the bathroom.

 

“Thanks, Kyungie. I’ll make it up to you after the meeting is over.”

 

Kyungsoo smiles at this as she tells Joonmyeon to dress up before going inside the bathroom.

 

~SM Academy ♥ SM Academy~

 

Kyungsoo’s eyes are close as the water from the shower pours down on her, thinking on what she will do today. She can’t go to her best friend (Baekhyun) because she and Sehun are outside the campus because last night after they came back, Baekhyun’s mother fetched them, unannounced. With the exception of Kris, because he declined to go as he’s busy with school and council stuffs.

 

Kyungsoo can’t bother Minseok as well because the latter is busy reviewing for pop quizzes and doing her project. Senior students sure are having a hard time.

 

Kyungsoo shakes her head before taking a shower quickly. After a few minutes, she’s done taking a shower. She wraps the towel around her upper body and gets another towel to dry her hair as she goes out of the bathroom.

 

Kyungsoo notices that Joonmyeon’s not in the room anymore. She sighs as she goes to the clothes section under the bed on her side and drags the curtain close so she can dress up.

 

After a while, Kyungsoo drags the curtain open, revealing herself. She wears a plain white t-shirt with an adventure time design. She wears a pair of three-fourth jean shorts and as for her footwear; she’s still wearing her indoor slippers.

 

Since she’s decent enough, she starts to clean the room, starting from fixing her and Joonmyeon’s beds then sweeps the floor with a broom. After sweeping the floor, she fixes the couch as she places pillows beside the arm rest. After that, she decides to eat breakfast downstairs so she drags herself at the front door. She takes out a pair of sneakers and wears it. Before going out, she grabs the keys then gets out of the room. She greets some of her classmates curtly and they wave at her.

When she comes down and towards the dining area, she is greeted by their dorm director, telling her to sit somewhere and that she will fix some breakfast for her. Kyungsoo smiles with her heart-shaped lips before going to find a seat.

 

She sits down once she finds an empty spot and coincidentally, she’s beside the gang that she really wants to avoid at all cost: It’s a group of arrogant and self-centered rich girls, who are after rich boys like the kingkas and others that they think are worth chasing.

 

Hyomin is a third year student and the gang’s leader and has been chasing a fellow senior, Nam Woohyun for years since she first saw him. Sojin is a member of the gang and a second year student. She has been chasing one of the kingkas that Kyungsoo forgets who it is. Hyoyeon is also a member and also a third year student like Hyomin. She’s been chasing Kim Jongin or Kai because of how attracted the younger male is. That last one that Kyungsoo remembers is Hwang Miyoung or who she likes for them to call her “Tiffany”, she’s actually the same age and year as Sojin and has been chasing Chanyeol, despite the male having a girlfriend.

 

Kyungsoo ignores them as she waits for her breakfast to arrive.

 

The girls are currently talking about their dream boys’ daily life and such before the conversation leads to something that catches Kyungsoo with curiosity.

 

“Woohyun is as handsome as ever. He’s so perfect, especially when he’s playing tennis.” Hyomin states to the girls as she places her chin on her palms, sighing dreamily.

 

“No way! Kai is more handsome, y even. He dances so perfectly. His skin tone fits him. He’s like a god.” Hyoyeon retorts at Hyomin’s statement.

 

“Those two are not that great! Chanyeol is more handsome and charming than those two combined. Chanyeol is perfect beyond compare, so don’t think they’ll win against Chanyeol. I can imagine Chanyeol is like a beast behind his cute and childlike yet handsome face.” Tiffany smugly says to the girls.

 

Hearing them makes Kyungsoo wants to puke at how they describe the kingkas.

 

“Yeah right, as if. Speaking of which, it seems like you got yourself a rival aside from Sandara-sunbaenim. And it’s only her first time here. What will you do about it, Tiffany?” Sojin changes the topic as she looks at Tiffany

 

“What are you talking about, Sojin-ah?” Tifanny looks at Sojin in confusion.

 

“Oh right, you’re not here on the first day of school. YOUR Chanyeol-oppa is engaged to the new student.” Hyoyeon smirks at this, anticipating Tiffany’s reaction.

 

Tiffany seems to register what they are saying before she slams her palms on the table as she stands up, “Say what?!”

 

“You heard it right, girl. Chanyeol is engaged to someone who is not Sandara Park.”

 

“Who is it?! Who is the who has the guts to get engaged to Chanyeol?!” Tiffany goes mad because of the news.

 

“Whoa! Calm down, girl. We’ll tell you, just sit down first.” Sojin tries to reason out with Tiffany but it doesn’t seem to work.

 

“Tell me who it is first!”

 

“I heard that her name is Oh Baekhyun. There’s a rumor that she’s Oh Sehun’s cousin.” Hyomin says to Tiffany.

 

“That ! How dare her! Wait ‘til I get my hands on you, Oh Baekhyun…” Tiffany is really fuming in rage before standing up from her chair and faces everyone, who are still at the dining area. Tiffany slams her fist on the table, gaining every students attention.

 

“You people, listen here! I don’t care if Park Chanyeol is engaged or not. But remember that Park Chanyeol is mine! You understand?! If I heard any of you, including the pest that is so called Oh Baekhyun lay a finger on MY Park Chanyeol, I wi---!!” Tiffany’s sentence gets cut by someone who pours some water on her head.

 

Most of the female students gasp in shock when they learn who did that. Tiffany and her gang turns their head to see Kyungsoo, holding a glass of water with an unreadable expression.

 

“I suggest you to refrain yourself from causing a scene. Hwang Miyoung-ssi. You’re disturbing the peace and it’s only eight o’clock in the morning and the students are trying to eat quietly as possible.” Kyungsoo says coldly, very coldly that made almost all the students shiver.

 

Tiffany and her gang are not moving or saying something, so Kyungsoo continues what she started.

 

“Also, whoever gets involved with Park Chanyeol-ssi is none of your business. He can do what he wants. And you did not just threaten the students, who admire him so much because you’re possessive over him, especially Oh Baekhyun who is my best friend. Dare lay a hand on her or things won’t be nice for you.” Kyungsoo glares after that before stomping out of the dining area, leaving the already fuming Tiffany and her gang behind.


 

“That Do Kyungsoo …” Tiffany growls, making the other students scram from the dining area except for the gang who tries to calm her.

 

~SM Academy ♥ SM Academy~

 

Jongin is doing his morning rounds by jogging on the way to the school building’s gate and back to the dorms (from the East Dorm to the West Dorm) and now it’s his tenth lap and is on the way to the fountain to rest for a bit. On his way there from the school building’s gate, he didn’t expect to see someone he rarely sees during weekends. Based from the hair and the figure, it’s a girl

 

He jogs closer to the figure that is sitting on one of the benches and sits beside her. The figure looks up, surprise to see the younger at the place.

 

“It’s nice to see you on such a fine Sunday morning, Kyungsoo-noona. This is the first time we see each other on weekends.” Jongin smiles at Kyungsoo, who snorts in return.

 

“Well, good morning to you as well, Jongin.” Kyungsoo rolls her eyes as she looks away from Jongin.

 

Jongin frowns and asks Kyungsoo what’s wrong and the latter just answers nothing’s wrong. As if Jongin will believe such lie. Kyungsoo is really smart and talented and doesn’t seem to have a flaw but she has one: She’s bad at lying.

 

“Noona, the weeks that I have known you, you’re talented and all but you’re bad at lying and I can read you like a book. So my question again, what’s wrong?” Jongin frankly says what he thinks at Kyungsoo.

 

Kyungsoo sighs before answering, “I just had a bad day, no thanks to those arrogant girls who are chasing after kingkas. All I want is a peaceful day where I can eat peacefully and do my homework without any kind of incident.”

 

“What did they do to you?”

 

“They didn’t do anything to me. They’re so noisy in the morning. Can you believe it? They’re talking about you, Woohyun-sunbae and Chanyeol-ssi like some piece of art paintings that they love so much and I tell you, they act is just plain ridiculous and disgusting. They’re quite obnoxious.”

 

Jongin is quite amuse at his senior and can’t help but laugh at her, especially when her expression is quite funny.

 

Kyungsoo raises a brow, indicating what is funny. Jongin tells her what is funny and what Kyungsoo did next is what Jongin didn’t expected at all.

 

Kyungsoo stands up and goes behind Jongin before wrapping an arm around Jongin’s neck before placing her other arm at the back Jongin’s, making him choke.

 

Jongin is really choking, so he pats Kyungsoo’s arm, telling her that he gives up. Kyungsoo lets go and Jongin inhales lots of air before glaring playfully at Kyungsoo, who smirks smugly in return as she sits down again.

 

It becomes silent before the two laugh really loudly. They continue to laugh until a grumble is heard. Jongin raises his brow as he sees Kyungsoo blushing brightly.

 

Jongin chuckles before standing up and puts a hand in front of Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo stares at the hand before looking at Jongin who winks, telling her that he will treat her breakfast.

 

Kyungsoo hesitates for a while before placing her hand on top of Jongin’s hand and Jongin pulls her up.

 

Both Kyungsoo and Jongin starts walking side by side towards the inside convenience store, not even noticing that they’re still holding hands.

 

~SM Academy ♥ SM Academy~

 

Jongin did treat Kyungsoo for breakfast but only buy melon bread and a box of milk. And now, both Jongin and Kyungsoo are walking back towards the dorm in silence. Jongin is holding Kyungsoo’s box of milk as Kyungsoo eats her melon bread. When they reach the dorm, Jongin tells Kyungsoo “see you later” as he gives the box of milk to Kyungsoo and the latter just waves her hand before both part ways.

 

Kyungsoo enters the dorm building and goes up the stairs to her shared room with Joonmyeon. Kyungsoo takes out a spare key from her pocket and opens the door with the key. She goes inside the room and closes the door and locks it.

 

She takes off her sneakers and wears her indoor slippers and walks hurriedly upstairs to her bedroom section and grabs her bag and takes out her homework and places them on her study table before she sits down and does her homework.

 

While she’s working on her homework, she can’t help but smiles.

 

‘Today seems not to be bad or boring at all, maybe?’ Kyungsoo thinks to herself before shaking her head, snapping her out of her thoughts and continues to do her homework.

 

Kyungsoo finishes her homework after two hours later. She is now lying on her bed and is staring at the ceiling for a while now.

 

‘It’s more boring than I thought, I guess…’ Kyungsoo sighs before closing her eyes.

 

Her eyes opens immediately when her phone suddenly rings that is place on her bedside table. She picks her phone and raises her brow when she sees Jongin’s name on the screen.

 

Kyungsoo decides to answer the call and places her phone on her right ear.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Hey Kyungsoo-noona~ what are you doing right now?” Jongin’s voice is somehow different but Kyungsoo recognizes his voice a bit.

 

“I’m just staring at the ceiling. Just finished doing my homework, you see.”

 

“Wow, noona. That’s just plain boring.”

 

“Thanks for rubbing it in, Mr. Genius.” Kyungsoo sarcastically stated.

 

“You’re welcome.” There’s a hint of mocking in Jongin’s voice that makes Kyungsoo want to punch the younger’s face.

 

“Why did you call, anyway?” Kyungsoo decides to stop beating around the bush.

 

“I just want to talk with you, is that bad?” Feigning innocent can be heard from Jongin’s voice. How Kyungsoo can tell the difference is quite mystery.

 

“We just talk a few hours ago, Kim Jongin.” Kyungsoo chuckles at this.

 

“Fine, I’ll tell you. I wanted to ask if you like to come with me outside the academy for lunch. My treat and it will be better than melon bread.”

 

“Are you asking me out, Kim Jongin? That’s a bit too forward, coming from you who is quite shy before.” Kyungsoo jokingly says that to embarrass the younger and it did.

 

“YAH! ASDFGHJKL- I didn’t say that!” Kyungsoo can tell that Jongin is embarrassed, based from the reaction the younger is acting.

 

“I’m only joking, pabo.” Kyungsoo chuckles in amusement.

 

“That’s not nice, stupid noona…”

 

“You’re not sulking, are you? Such a childish person you are, Kkamjong.”

 

“Don’t call me that! And I’m not sulking, I’m mad.”

 

“Right, whatever you say~!” Kyungsoo mocks Jongin, who pouts on the other side.

 

“I’m serious!”

 

“Whatever. Anyway, I’ll come with you. Better treat me to some places that is nice or else…”

 

“Roger that! Meet me at the fountain in fifteen minutes. Bye, Kyungsoo-noona!” And Jongin hangs up.

 

Kyungsoo removes her phone from ear and stares at it for a while before gets up from her bed and rushes down the stares and goes to her wardrobe and grabs some clothes before closing the curtain behind her.

 

After a few minutes, the curtain slides open revealing Kyungsoo’s clothes.

 

Kyungsoo wears a black cardigan that reaches her thighs with a white tank top underneath it, a pair of denim jeans. Kyungsoo looks at her reflection in front of the mirror before fixing her hair by tying it in a ponytail. After that, she applies only baby powder on her face then grabs her phone, her wallet, and her keys then goes to the front door, grabbing a pair of brown ankle boots from the shoe rack and wears it.

 

She comes out of the room and closes and locks the door. She starts walking downstairs to the front door in the dorm building before going to the name plates that are hanging and grabs her name plate, that indicates that she will be out and goes outside the building, never noticing someone glaring behind her back.

 

~SM Academy ♥ SM Academy~

 

Kyungsoo reaches the fountain where she and Jongin will meet up at and notices the younger already there.

 

Kyungsoo walks closer and greets the younger, “Hey, Jongin. Did you wait long?”

 

Jongin grins childishly and tells that he only just came a minute earlier.

 

After a few discussion where they will go, they start walking back to the direction where the dorms are but they walk straight towards the Main Office.

 

~SM Academy ♥ SM Academy~

 

As soon as they’re out of the campus after they were given permission to go out, Jongin and Kyungsoo walk towards the parking lot. It made the older wonder why are they there in the first place when she remember what Joonmyeon says to herself about Jongin being stupid for taking the car with him.

 

Kyungsoo notices that Jongin stops in front of an expensive black sports car.(*)

 

“This is yours?” Kyungsoo asks as Jongin fishes out his keys and opens the door on the driver’s seat before going to the other side and opens the passenger seat door.

 

“Yes. It’s my baby, you see.” Jongin replies as he lets Kyungsoo get inside the car first, before shutting the door close and goes to the driver’s seat.

 

“Hmm, it’s nice inside.” Kyungsoo comments as she looks around the car.

 

“Of course it’s nice because of its owner.”

 

“Narcissistic much, I see?”

 

“Not really.” Jongin chuckles as he starts on the engine and drives off and out of the campus.

 

~SM Academy ♥ SM Academy~

 

Jongin and Kyungsoo go to a fancy World Class Restaurant where you can choose variety cuisine from around the world for lunch after a few minutes ride and Jongin really did treat Kyungsoo. Jongin eats a Set of Japanese cuisine and Kyungsoo eats a Set of Korean cuisine. The two talk about their daily lives and other people, mainly Baekhyun.

 

After lunch, the two decides to go to an arcade center to release some stress. They first play whack-a-mole. The two decides to have a competition at who gets the highest score. Jongin lets Kyungsoo go first as she’s a female. Kyungsoo snorts at this, telling Jongin that he’s too greasy. Jongin laughs at this as Kyungsoo starts playing the arcade game.

 

Jongin sees his senior enjoying herself, so he can’t help but smile at this.

 

Kyungsoo is done and it’s Jongin’s turn now but the two checks what is Kyungsoo’s score and somehow, Jongin feels a bit pressure because Kyungsoo gets a higher score than expected. Kyungsoo smirks at this and cheers for Jongin despite having a bet.

 

Jongin smiles at Kyungsoo for being supportive then starts playing.

 

When it’s over, Jongin looks at the scoreboard to his score and unexpectedly, his score tied with Kyungsoo’s. Kyungsoo’s eyes widens before smiling.

 

“Isn’t that nice? No win, no lose?”

 

“Yeah, you’re right.” Jongin chuckles before he and Kyungsoo goes to play another one. This time, both play air hockey and after that, they play another one: from car racing to dance dance revolution to arcade battle such as Tekken to bump cars to shooting arcades. If you see the time they spent together in the Arcade center, it takes them four hours to finish. But it’s all worth it since they are able to release their stress from all the works that they do: from school works to club activities and they are able to enjoy their selves that day.”

 

~SM Academy ♥ SM Academy~

 

That night, Kyungsoo is lying down on her bed while staring at the ceiling before taking a stuff toy upward and stares at it instead of the ceiling.

 

The stuff toy is a cute owl. Kyungsoo smiles at it, remembering what happened earlier.

 

~SM Academy ♥ SM Academy~

 

-Flashback-

 

After playing for hours, both Kyungsoo and Jongin decided to stop for today and both of them decided to go home after that. After all, it’s near curfew and they still needed to drive thirty minutes to get back.

 

As they walked towards the exit, Jongin stopped for a while at a booth. It’s a shooting booth and all you need to is shoot at an item that you like and if it fell, it’s yours. Jongin went to the booth and paid for the fee before taking the shotgun toy and positioned himself. Kyungsoo watched from the sidelines along with a few people around.

 

Jongin shot on his first try and already get what he wanted in the first place.. He got a owl stuff toy. The one managing the booth gave the stuff toy at Jongin before the latter walked away from the booth as Kyungsoo followed suit afterwards.

 

~SM Academy ♥ SM Academy~

 

After reaching the Academy at five o’clock and thirty minutes, Jongin drove ‘til they reached the parking lot and parked at the same place where they left earlier.

 

Both Kyungsoo and Jongin got out of the car and both of them started to walk back inside the academy in silence.

 

The two are glad that they were able to enjoy today without any incident so they contented for today.

 

As soon as they reached the gate towards their dorm in the East Side, Jongin stopped Kyungsoo for a bit. The latter turned around and looked at Jongin.

 

Jongin asked Kyungsoo to raise her hands for a bit. Kyungsoo did what he asked then got shocked when Jongin placed the owl stuff toy on her palms.

 

“What’s this, Kim Jongin?” Kyungsoo asked Jongin.

 

“It’s a present? Too bad I didn’t get a big Teddy bear for you to punch as much as you like but the owl reminded me of you, so I got it instead.” Jongin grins cheekily at Kyungsoo, scowled at him.

 

“Are you saying that I look like an owl? You’re impossible, Kim Jongin!”

 

“Your eyes resembled an owl but don’t you think it’s cute? The stuff toy, I mean” Jongin smirked.

 

“Whatever.” Kyungsoo turned around and walked away from Jongin, pretending to be mad when she was smiling slightly.

 

“Yah! Wait for me!” Jongin ran after Kyungsoo, apologizing for making fun of her but Kyungsoo put a stoic face but was really amused mentally.

 

-Flashback Ends-

 

~SM Academy ♥ SM Academy~

 

Kyungsoo grins when she remembers that scene, especially when Jongin really looks helpless trying to apologize.

 

“Such a cute dongsaeng, Joonmyeon-unnie is lucky to have a brother like Jongin.” Kyungsoo mumbles to herself.

 

“What are you talking about, Kyungsoo?”

 

Kyungsoo suddenly sits up from her bed, to see Joonmyeon looking at her in amusement from the opposite side.

 

“It’s nothing, nothing at all. Gosh! You scared me, unnie!” Kyungsoo exclaims as she puts her hand on her chest where her heart is beating so fast in shock.

 

Joonmyeon laughs at this before telling her to go to sleep. Kyungsoo says her good night as she lies down on the bed again and Joonmyeon says her good night before turning off all the lights with a remote.

 

Kyungsoo smiles again before placing the owl stuff toy beside her and closes her.

 

‘It’s really not that a bad or boring day as I expected, indeed…’

 

Kyungsoo falls asleep after that.

 

~SM Academy ♥ SM Academy~

 

A/N:Hello again, everyone~

Here's a new chapter~ And it's Kaisoo~

Hope it's not too cringeworthy though, ahahaha. Just kidding~

Anyway, thank you for the reading, subscribing, upvoting and commenting this story. I really appreciate it~~!! Also, happy 112 subscribers~~!! ^____^

About the names of those rich girls are picked randomly, I don't hate them so rest assured that I only use them because I can't think of original names *sweat drops*

And as for the request that is somehow regarding HunHan, I will think about it first and foremost before deciding because it might affected the story and all. Please understand. *bows*

Oh and on the next chapter, it's HunHan plus Baekyeol feat. Sandara,

That's all~

-lunaichinomiya

PS. You can find me here ask.fm/lunaichinomiya. You can also find me on twitter but I will send it the link privately for those who want to follow me. ^_^

PSS. Kyungsoo and Joonmyeon's room is like the same as Minho and Sulli's room in the Korean Drama "To The beautiful You". The only difference is there's two, instead of one. The two has their bed on the upper part and in lower are where their closets were. The middle part in the room is their living room with Television set and sofa. (Just imagine it as I am at describing sometimes//panned