Chapter 9: A Flower Representing Her Feelings

Everything Started with an Apple (Chapter 13 update 7/15/19)

Chapter 9:

A Flower Represents Her Feelings

 


 

 

During the first three hour class, Kyungsoo observes Baekhyun, who doesn’t seem to be focusing on the lesson that is being lectured by their teacher at the moment. Baekhyun is looking at the front with a blank expression. Kyungsoo wonders what happen and decides to ask her best friend later

 

At the same time but in a different year and class, Jongin and Taemin observe Sehun, who is in the same situation as Baekhyun. Both Jongin and Taemin look at each other, wondering what happened.

 

Apparently, they can feel Sehun’s emotions are all over the place.

 

During lunch break, Joonmyeon and Kris, who join in with them to eat lunch, are now feeling tense at the gloom atmosphere. They wonder if something happened. Kyungsoo and Jongin decide to fill some information to the seniors.

 

After that, they look at the Oh cousins, who are eating their lunch silently, in worry. Usually, Baekhyun should be talking, like right at that moment and Sehun would be like, teasing Jongin but nope, the Oh cousins didn’t speak a word today.

 

The rest of the gang at the table, sigh in hopelessness before eating their lunch while talking about their first three class and club activities. They decide to let the Oh cousins be for today, thinking that everything will be back to normal tomorrow.

 

After a few hours later, classes are over and students are now on the way to their respective clubs to have their respective practice but some students are going back to the dorm. Anyway, the Oh cousins skip their club activities because they don’t feel like attending but they inform their respective club advisers to excuse them.

 

Sehun and Baekhyun’s fellow members of their respective clubs are actually flabbergasts about them skipping because let’s be honest. Despite having different personalities as what they observe (though they won’t admit it), the Oh cousins (including Kris) have one in common: not skipping any classes or club activities.

 

Will the Oh cousins return back to their usual selves like how their friends predicted? We’ll see…

 

~SM Academy ♥ SM Academy~

 

On the other side during that day, Luhan seems to be acting strange as well. Usually, he should be flirting with his female classmates by now but nope, Luhan is staring outside, looking like someone just died.

 

Well, who wouldn’t act strange if you are feeling guilty for what you did? No one.

 

Luhan has been feeling guilty since last night. Not to mention, his conscience is haunting him in his dreams for taking advantage of Sehun. Well, serves him right.

 

Minseok notices Luhan acting like a zombie and decides to observe him for a bit. As Minseok observes Luhan during the three-hour class periods, she wonders what happened to Luhan, aside from looking like a zombie, he seems tired these days, no thanks to their teachers, who dumped a pile of projects and exams to them.

 

During lunch break, Luhan sticks to Minseok instead of flirting or going to the soccer field to practice, which makes Minseok think that Luhan got abducted by aliens and made a doppelganger.

 

While they are eating, Luhan has stayed quite and Minseok already had enough of his quietness so she decides to ask Luhan what is wrong with him. Luhan answers her with a “I-I… I don’t know how to start it.”

 

Minseok decides that Luhan should tell her later as to where they are now is not the right place to talk about what Luhan wants to say.

 

~SM Academy ♥ SM Academy~

 

After school, Luhan decides to skip practice as he is not feeling well. He thank the heavens for letting him have permission from his coach to skip soccer practice. Luhan is now walking back to the dorms with Minseok in silence.

 

In a while, Luhan and Minseok reaches the dorm and goes inside, up to the second floor and to their respective rooms but Luhan remembers that Sehun can be inside the room already and he can’t face her yet, after what he did.

 

Luhan notices Minseok enter her room and he decides to follow her instead of going back to his room. Minseok on the other hand, doesn’t notice this. She didn’t notice Luhan sitting on the couch as she enters the bedroom to change clothes. She only notice Luhan after she gets out of the bedroom and gets the shock of her life because of him.

 

Luhan is watching some drama that is on air at the moment when he notices Minseok standing. He waves at her and asks for something to eat and drink. Minseok gets irritated by this but remembers that Luhan is still acting strange, though he seem to be okay.

 

Minseok sighs before going to the kitchen to make some juice and something to eat for her and Luhan.

 

After a little while, Minseok walks back to the living room, carrying a tray on her hands and sits down on the couch beside Luhan as she places the tray on the center table. Luhan gives his thanks before grabbing some popcorn from the bowl and eats as he watches in silence. Minseok does the same and both are now watching television without saying anything.

 

~SM Academy ♥ SM Academy~

 

After three hours of watching television, Luhan and Minseok are now engaging themselves in a conversation about their projects and exams and such. After that, Luhan is now complaining to Minseok on how stupid he is or something along the lines, which brings Minseok back to her senses and remembers the purpose as to why Luhan is in her room in the first place.

 

Minseok looks at Luhan and asks as to why he is acting strange today, in which Luhan realizes his own mistake and denies by saying that he is not acting strange but with Minseok’s look that says “who are you trying to fool here?”

 

Luhan sighs and looks at Minseok dejectedly and the latter is quite surprise to see that look on her best friend’s face. Minseok’s eyes soften but it only lasted for ten seconds after Luhan tells her the reason behind his actions today. (This is involves Sehun, if you guys are still wondering)

 

After Luhan finishes speaking, Minseok silently stands up from the couch and goes inside the bedroom, leaving a confused Luhan at the former’s actions. Luhan’s confused look lasted for five seconds as Minseok walks out from the bedroom. He gulps as he sees Minseok’s expression and he is now praying for his life

 

In a blink of an eye, Luhan is now hiding behind the flipped dining table in the dining area as Minseok is throwing things at Luhan for being a stupid, inconsiderate and insensitive jerk.

 

After learning what really happened between your own best friend and a younger sister-figure to her, who wouldn’t get pissed at your best friend?

 

And things didn’t go well for Luhan that night. Let’s just say that he suffered from Minseok’s wrath.

 

~SM Academy ♥ SM Academy~

 

The next day, Baekhyun and Kyungsoo decided to walk together towards the campus. Baekhyun seems to be back to normal as she and Kyungsoo are now talking about random things, which is a relief to Kyungsoo because her best friend is acting her usual self again.

 

But what Kyungsoo doesn’t know is Baekhyun is only pretending. Baekhyun might have not notice yesterday but she knows that she made the others worried about her and she can’t let that happen again. Baekhyun made a resolve to herself to act normal today.

 

As they reach the main building, Baekhyun’s resolve dissolves into thin air as she slows down from her steps. Kyungsoo stops as well when she notices Baekhyun stop from her tracks. Kyungsoo raises her brow and asks what is wrong but Baekhyun is staring at something. Kyungsoo looks at the direction where Baekhyun is staring and she almost have a heart attack because in front her, standing Park Chanyeol and Sandara Park.

 

Kyungsoo bows and greets them politely. Baekhyun only bows before excusing herself. Almost bumping her shoulder against Chanyeol’s arm as she walks inside, leaving Kyungsoo behind.

 

Kyungsoo bows her head before excusing herself and runs inside the building, to catch up with Baekhyun, leaving the couple, who look at their direction: Chanyeol with his brows furrow in confusion and Sandara, staring at the two, more on Baekhyun though.

 

~SM Academy ♥ SM Academy~


 

During class hours, Baekhyun is staring outside, thinking about something regarding her confused feelings. She’s not even listening to the lessons at the front.

 

Kyungsoo who is focusing in listening to every lessons, notices Baekhyun not focusing on the lessons. Kyungsoo decides to observe Baekhyun for a bit, without getting caught by the teacher.

 

And after observing her, she realizes that Baekhyun is still acting strange.

 

‘Is she missing something? She misses her mom, perhaps? Baekhyun-ah, why are you like this? You can tell me everything, you know?’ Kyungsoo silently pleads for Baekhyun.

 

~SM Academy ♥ SM Academy~

 

After first half of class hours, the bell rings indicating that it’s lunch break. Kyungsoo drags Baekhyun outside the classroom to the stairs at the main building and down to the cafeteria. As soon as they enter the cafeteria, Kyungsoo is able to locate Joonmyeon, Jongin and Kris. And to her surprise, Minseok also join them and Sehun is missing, on the other hand.

 

Kyungsoo asks them about Sehun as she drags Baekhyun to sit on the empty spot beside Joonmyeon.

 

Jongin answers that Sehun ran out of the room as soon as the bell rang and he has no clue where the youngest Oh go.

 

Minseok tells them that let Sehun be for a bit and she also informs them that the Oh cousins are not the only ones who were acting strange. The rest of the gang except Baekhyun, are a bit surprised when they learn about Luhan from Minseok. But then again, Sehun and Luhan have a complicated relationship, so they’re not really surprise. What worries them the most is Baekhyun, who has her head bow low and only eating in silence.

 

The rest of the gang are looking one by one at each other, asking their selves on what to do but sighs when they can’t even help Baekhyun because they don’t even know what is wrong with her in the first place.

 

~SM Academy ♥ SM Academy~

 

Meanwhile, Sehun is walking along the hallway all by herself. Sehun’s emotions seem to be all over the place and she can’t seem to control it and so, she decides to ditch her friends to not make them worry.

 

As she is about to take a step upstairs, she bumps into someone. She instinctively closes her eyes as she feels her body falling but is prevented when an arm wraps around her waist securely before pulling her closer.

 

Sehun opens her eyes slowly and looks up but she regrets doing so as she learns that she bumps into the person she is avoiding the most, Luhan.

 

Sehun pushes Luhan away from her and glares at him. Luhan flinches as he looks at Sehun. He can feel the hatred from Sehun’s glares but there’s also something in her eyes that he can’t point out what it is. But Despite that, Luhan is determined to explain everything regarding his actions, even if Sehun pushes him away in the end.

 

“Sehun, about the other day… I-“ Luhan starts the conversation but easily cut off by Sehun.

 

“There’s nothing to talk about. If that is all, please excuse me.” Sehun ends the conversation immediately before walking away from Luhan, who can’t even stop her and is standing alone.

 

Luhan sighs as he brushes his fingers through his scalp in frustration.


 

~SM Academy ♥ SM Academy~


 

Baekhyun is walking outside the school premises towards the gate, all by herself. She is practicing her vocals as she walks, heading back to the dorms. In a while, she passes by the fountain park and decides to admire the fountain for a bit.

As Baekhyun admires the fountain, she notices two figures meters away from where she is. She looks closer and recognizes the couple that she really wants to avoid.

 

From afar, Baekhyun can see Chanyeol saying something and thinks that it is something as she sees Sandara laughing. Baekhyun doesn’t notice herself that she is staring at the couple in envy and something else.

 

‘How does it feel like to be in her position? Moreover, why am I acting like this…it’s not like I like him or something but why…’ Baekhyun mentally asks herself before looking away and hurriedly walks away from the park before the couple notice her. Not realizing that her face is already covered with tears.

 

~SM Academy ♥ SM Academy~

 

Without Baekhyun’s knowledge, Sandara did notice her walking away from the park. What’s more is Sandara also notices Baekhyun crying.

 

‘Baekhyun-ssi sure is acting strange. Why is she avoiding me? Or is it Chanyeol? That letter… I guess I will observe you for a while, Baekhyun-ssi...’ Sandara thinks as she stares at the direction Baekhyun runs off to.

 

Sandara snaps out of her thoughts when Chanyeol is calling for her. Sandara smiles as she says to Chanyeol that they should go back to the dorms. Chanyeol nods his head and the couple walk away from the park, holding hands.

 

~SM Academy ♥ SM Academy~

 

That night, Baekhyun is busy doing her homework and club assignments. She is actually done with her homework and is now working on her club assignments which is practicing her vocals and memorizing the lyrics. In middle of practicing, she suddenly feel thirsty and decides to take a small break.

 

She stands up from the bed and walks out of the bedroom to go to the kitchen. She passes by the living room where she sees Chanyeol talking with someone on his cell phone. She shrugs and goes to kitchen and searching inside the fridge for something to drink.

 

Baekhyun can’t find anything except water. She grabs the pitcher filled with water, closes the fridge then places it on the table and grabs a glass. She places the glass on the table beside the pitcher. She grabs the pitcher and fills the glass with water.

 

As Baekhyun is filling the glass with water, she hears Chanyeol says something and she almost drop the pitcher on the ground. Her face is showing that she is hurt and her heart is clenching, like something pierces through her.

 

Baekhyun grabs the glass filled with water and hurriedly runs back inside the bedroom, shutting the door close with a loud bam.

 

Baekhyun leans her back against the door before slipping down to the floor. She covers her face with palms and is now sobbing silently, not wanting the other to know that she heard what he said.

.

.

.

.

“It is impossible for me to fall in love with Baekhyun. I rather die than fall for her. And besides, I wish she transfers out already because it’s all her fault that I am not still engage with you, Dara-noona.”

 

~SM Academy ♥ SM Academy~

 

The next day after, Baekhyun and Kyungsoo are already inside the classroom, sitting on her seat while her head is lying on the desk as she looks outside, staring at nothing. Kyungsoo, who is sitting beside Baekhyun, notices this and it worries her. It’s been three days since Baekhyun has been acting like a corpse and she doesn’t even know what to do to cheer her up. Kyungsoo also notices dark circles under Baekhyun’s swollen eyes.

 

Kyungsoo even asks herself if Baekhyun is having a problem or something but she can’t even ask her because it’s not in her nature to in someone’s business unless necessary.

 

Kyungsoo snaps out of her thoughts when she feels her phone vibrating from her pocket. She takes her phone out and sees a message from Joonmyeon. She opens the text and reads the contents,

 

From: Joonmyeon-unnie

Subject: Good morning, Kyungie

Hey Kyungie, sorry to disturb you in whatever you are doing but Kris is bugging me to ask you if Baekhyun’s okay. Her brother’s been worried since yesterday. You know how he is. But I’m also worried too.

Text me back asap. ^_^

 

Kyungsoo looks beside her and sees Baekhyun not moving at all from her position. Usually during this time, Kyungsoo and Baekhyun always chat about things.

 

To: Joonmyeon-unnie

Re: Subject: Good morning, Kyungie

Good morning, unnie. Baekhyun seems to be really down for some reasons. She’s silent and isn’t moving from her position. I think something happened since 2 days ago that we didn’t know.

 

Kyungsoo presses the “send” button and her message has sent to Joonmyeon.

 

‘Did something happen during the family dinner? Wait a minute…I haven’t seen Sehun anywhere since yesterday.’ Kyungsoo’s eyes widen at the realization.

 

Kyungsoo immediately sends a message to Joonmyeon, telling her about Sehun’s condition from Jongin.

 

‘Why didn’t I realize this? Did they have a fight? But they don’t seem to be the type of person to fight though. They’re closer more than it should be.’

 

Kyungsoo snaps out of her thoughts when she notices the teacher coming in and decides that she will confront Baekhyun today during lunch break.

 

~SM Academy ♥ SM Academy~

 

It’s already lunch break time and Kyungsoo is grabbing her lunch and stands up to approach Baekhyun but the latter is nowhere to be found.

 

Kyungsoo looks around and sees Baekhyun rushes out of the room. The Kyungsoo follows the Baekhyun out but the former loses her sight out of the latter and sighs.

 

Kyungsoo thinks that maybe Baekhyun is already at the table, so she rushes towards the cafeteria. When she enters the cafeteria, she tries to locate the others and she did but didn’t spot Sehun or Baekhyun with them.

 

Kyungsoo sighs dejectedly before dragging her feet towards where the others are. She sits down beside Joonmyeon and sighs.

 

When Joonmyeon asks what is wrong. Kyungsoo answers that Baekhyun ditched her. The rest of the gang on the table seems to be surprised but didn’t show it. Minseok, who is with them again, says that Let Baekhyun and Sehun for a bit as she continues that the girls needed time for themselves to think, whatever their problem is. Joonmyeon and Kyungsoo are quite reluctant about it but they think that the oldest of the rest is correct, so they decide to leave it and they al eat in silence with the exception of Kris and Joonmyeon talking about something Student Council related.

 

~SM Academy ♥ SM Academy~

 

On the other side, Baekhyun has been walking around the campus for thirty minutes now, alone. As soon as the bell rang, indicating that it’s Lunch Time now, she stood up immediately and got out of the room, not looking back when Kyungsoo was trying to call her.

 

You see, Baekhyun is avoiding her friends at the moment, not wanting them to worry. She just acted on her instincts that she wants to be alone for a while.

 

Baekhyun seems to be thinking about a lot of things lately and today is one of those moments. Something is making her confused about something she can’t figure out what it is. Her emotions seem to be in a mess, she doesn’t know why though.

 

Baekhyun sighs as she keeps on walking until where her legs gets tired.

 

Baekhyun stops walking and realizes that she seems lost. She looks around and only sees are trees and fields of different kinds of flowers.

 

Baekhyun feels a bit helpless because she doesn’t know how to get back, so she decides to get some rest under the tree, that is a two meters away from where she is standing.

 

Baekhyun sits down as soon as she reaches the tree and she leans her back against the trunk. She decides to observe her surroundings and she can’t help but feel relax. She seems to be able to forget about her problems for a bit as she plucks one flower from the field and stares at it.

 

She hums some random songs that fits her emotions at the moment and after a while, she’s talking about all the things that she can’t tell the others.

 

“You know, I am really happy that I transferred here. I am able to see my brother and Sehun. I am able to make friends, despite looking like a nerd. They’re all nice, unlike in my previous school.”

 

Baekhyun twirls the flower around with her thumb and forefinger while looking at the sky as she continues on talking, “I met Kim Jongin, one of the kingkas first, and I am surprised that he’s different from what I imagined. He’s so cute and adorable yet childish despite on how he looks. His sister, Joonmyeon-unnie is also a nice person. Although, there’s something scary about her or maybe it’s my imagination…”

 

Baekhyun goes on and on until she starts tearing up all of a sudden.

 

“Despite me enjoying this school year here, it also has its side effect. I thought everything will be fine but ever since I got involved in the tradition, my world turned upside down. I get harassed everyday. They always send me threatening letters and warning notes. Not only that, whenever they get a chance, they will warn me in person. Do they think that I deserve it? I don’t even want to be involved in that tradition in the first place but here I am, traditionally engaged to someone I don’t know…”

 

Baekhyun trying not to burst into tears as she thinks of what to say next. “And then, my traditional fiancé is treating me like I am someone not worth taking care of. He wants to get rid of me…H-He thinks I ruined his plan of proposing to the one he loves and decide to treat me badly instead of knowing me, even only as a friend. What’s worse? I’m getting mixed feelings whenever I see them. Whenever I see them, something inside me ache, I don’t understand why am I acting like this? I am so tired and confused. I really want to know what this is and I want to stop it because it hurts, it really hurts…”

 

By this time, Baekhyun is already whimpering as tears fall down on her face as she stares at the flower and opens to say something, “I-I… must be crazy talking at flowers…”

 

“You sure are. You also must be crazy to keep your feelings from others too. You need to change that habit of yours, Baekhyun-ssi.”

 

Baekhyun’s swollen eyes almost pop out from its socket in surprise and looks around her surroundings. She hears a chuckle somewhere and she decides to look at the other side of the tree but sees no one.

 

“Up here, Baekhyun-ah.”

 

Baekhyun looks up to see Woohyun resting at one of the branches and is smiling at her with his greasy smile.

 

“W-Woohyun-sunbaenim! W-what are you doing here?” Baekhyun is now stuttering, embarrassed that someone witness her talking to an object.

 

Woohyun laughs before jumping down from the tree and sits beside Baekhyun.

 

“This is my hiding place away from fans and I am the only who comes here but it seems like you got lost and stay here.”

 

Baekhyun lowers her head down, blushing in embarrassment.

 

Woohyun looks at the sky with a serious expression and says, “I heard everything you just said. Must be difficult to endure them, huh?”

 

Baekhyun looks at Woohyun for a bit before looking at the fields. She nods her head, telling Woohyun that he’s right.

 

“You know, you can tell your friends about what you really are feeling. And I’m sure Park Chanyeol-ssi didn’t mean anything of those actions. After all, he’s doesn’t seem to be that type of person to do such things. There’s a reason for everything, Baekhyun-ah.”

 

“H-How would you know?”

 

“I do not know what really happened with Chanyeol-ssi in the past but perhaps, it has something to do with someone. How he fell for Sandara-ssi is something I do not want to assume as I do not know the full story behind it.”

 

“How can you sure he is not really a cold-hearted person? Many told me he is actually a very happy person but why is he treating me like I am someone not worthy of his friendship? I do not deserve being treated like that.”

 

“I have a friend who is a senior in high school department now, who experienced that kind of feeling that you are feeling right now. Although, the situation is a bit different from yours. It all happened two years ago. He was in 3rd year of middle school department that time when he fell in love with a freshman in the senior high department due to circle of friends, who does not have an outstanding marks in looks but she is very smart but quite sassy and moody.. She is cute, I admit.”

 

“Really, sunbae-nim?” Baekhyun asks teasingly.

 

Woohyun laughs before continuing, “Anyway, despite all that, she is engaged with a junior student as well, whom she is in a relationship with for two years. She really loved this junior student and gave everything for him, more than giving everything for herself.”

 

“She’s really that dedicated?” Baekhyun asks, a bit skeptical and awestruck at what she heard.

 

“Yes, she is really dedicated. Everything that she had done is in a form of unconditional love. All of the now present senior students knew about that. And from our point of view, her boyfriend loved her back. Their feelings were mutual and most of us knew that because we always see them together. Then her boyfriend decided to propose to her by using the our school’s tradition. She caught it, instead of somebody else. And this broke my friend’s heart and pride.”

 

“Is your friend…does he really love this girl so much? Like unconditionally?”

 

“Yes, he loves her so much until now.”

 

Baekhyun’s eyes widen hearing that statement, ‘He still loves her?’

 

Baekhyun’s expression made Woohyun laugh and the young 2nd year feel embarrassed about that, thinking that she looks ridiculous.

 

“Quite shocking, I know. But what hurt him more was what happened after the proposal.”

 

This picks Baekhyun’s interest and stays quiet, for Woohyun to continue.

 

“Both families actually approved of the engagement and everything already settled until marriage, once they graduated high school but then it happened.”

 

“What happened?”

 

Woohyun looks at Baekhyun, the usually goofy expression is now replace with a stoic and cold expression, that it can rival her brother’s.

 

Woohyun takes a deep breath before continuing his story, “Everything went downhill. You see, the junior that my friend is in love with, was being used by her fiancé. She didn’t deserve it. Her family’s business was taken away from them by force because of that bastard and his family, who is actually after her family’s business. Moreover, he paid her friends to destroy their friendship and his fans to hurt and torture her. Of course, she did not know about it but my friend knows about it.”

 

“T-That’s…”

 

“They’re cruel, right? After that, she continued her study here but she endured those two years here because she was getting harassed by her classmates. Her friends turned their backs from her after learning about her situation, except for two people. You know them because you met them once, during your club hunting. Anyway, aside from those two, no one really talked to her after that, she’s like non-existent to most students here. She became entitled as the school’s “loner”.”

 

“That’s horrible. How can they treat her like that? Is it because of what happened?”

 

“I know, right? There are people like that. To make it worse, the bastard is the one behind all of it.”

 

“W-wait, what did he do?”

 

“He paid those es to do any harm that they can think of to her.”

 

“He’s an insensitive jerk! Does he even love her? He’s really a jerk. If I’m strong enough, I’ll give him a piece of my mind!” Baekhyun pumps her fist in the air with determined look on her face.

 

Woohyun laughs and comments on how cute Baekhyun is. Baekhyun pouts and says that she is not cute.

 

Baekhyun then asks Woohyun about what his friend did that time. Woohyun sighs as he recollects the scene in his mind.

 

“Before I continue, I’ll label her as “Person A” as I am too tired to mention “she”, and the fiance as “Person B”.”

 

Baekhyun nods her head in understanding.

 

“Person A did something outrageous after enduring all those stuffs and a year later, which equivalent to last year for you. Anyway, we were actually shocked that she really humiliated Person B in front of every student body in this school. She revealed everything, in full details about what Person B and his family did to her and to her family. All of Person B’s secrets and motives, were all exposed. Coincidentally, it happened during an event where the media were invited for a scoop, parents of every students, including the powerful business companies in the country, like the Park Corporation; the Wu Foundation; Kim Commerce; and their special guests, the CEO of Byun Enterprises, his wife and the first son. In the midst of it, Person B became the center of criticism and had to transfer out of the academy, including the break off of their engagement. We all thought that Person A will return to her usual sassy but bubbly self but she became more reserved and does not usually trust anyone, especially towards men.”

 

“I would be like that too, if it ever happens to me…” Baekhyun silently mutters her opinion on the matter.

 

Woohyun smiles bitterly at that before continuing, “It can also apply to Chanyeol-ssi. There must be a reason why he turned from the “Happy Virus” that we all knew into a “Moody Virus”. Perhaps he experienced something traumatic, that he forgets how to be friendly with everyone.”

 

Baekhyun pouts, “It does not mean, he has to treat me like I am a pest or something. But now that I think about it, is this the reason why they add this additional consequence when once an engaged couple broke off the engagement, one of them had to transfer out?”

 

Woohyun chuckles, “Yes, perhaps. After all, they do not want us to embarrass our school any further than what happened last year. It became quite the history of the year, after all. Especially with top wealthiest people around the globe. So, how’s the story? Have you figure it out why it is similar?”

 

“I only get the possible reason behind his actions but how is that really related to my situation?” Baekhyun frowns as she looks at Woohyun.

 

“Oh right, I forgot. Because of Person B, Person A became how she is until now and because she did not trust anybody anymore, after the incident, My friend did not know what to do, to gain Person A’s trust and love. He befriended her, treating her like a queenka usually do towards boys and girls who run errands for her. He buys her food, water, carrying her stuffs back and forth and the like. It’s a negative effect on her part. She felt like my friend is pretending to be kind, when he can possibly backstab her from behind. That routine continues for a year.”

 

“What happen after that?”

 

“My friend wasn’t able to confess his love for Person A and he only have a limited time, because Person A will be graduating that time. He had to do something. He was becoming desperate, so he ask for help from everyone, especially those who are once closest to her, those who never betrayed her in the first place.”

 

“What did he do?”

 

Woohyun chuckles at this, “Ironically, he used our tradition to confess. And it happened on the day of the graduation.”

 

“What? Is he serious? If he used it then…”

 

“Yes, he was aware that he would be the happiest or the most miserable person in the world when he did that, especially with more than five hundred students, plus parents who are attending. The shocking part is, Person A caught the apple and her expression is hilarious and scary at the same time.”

 

“I’m speechless…”

 

“You would be, if you were there.”

 

“So, how is this related to my situation with Chanyeol-ssi?”

 

“Both you and my friend like someone who does not want you both enter their world and both you and my friend do not know the extent of your situation as well.“

 

“I-I do not like Chanyeol-ssi that way, Woohyun-sunbaenim.”

 

“Based from what I heard from you about Chanyeol-ssi just now, it seems like… you really, really like him.

 

“T-that’s impossible! How can I like him? Moreover, I can’t like him!” Baekhyun exclaims.

 

“Hmm, don’t be so sure about it. I can tell that you’re quite dense about your feelings but I can see in your eyes that you are lying. If you don’t believe me about what I said, you can always ask Mr. Flower to answer your question.”

 

“Huh?”

 

Woohyun smirks as he stands up from the ground, dusting off some imaginary dust off from his bottom. He walks away from the tree but not before saying the directions to Baekhyun when she decides to go back and a tip about what he said earlier.

 

“Plucking the petals one by one would be the hint, Oh Baekhyun-ssi. Anyway, see you later~!” And thus, Woohyun is gone.

 

~SM Academy ♥ SM Academy~

 

Baekhyun stares at the flower for a while as she thinks of what Woohyun said before leaving, ‘ ”Plucking the petals one by one would be the hint, Oh Baekhyun-ssi.” ’

 

“How am I supposed to do that?” Baekhyun mutters to herself.

 

It takes a while before Baekhyun decides to do it for the heck of it and takes a deep breath.

 

“D-Do I…like Park C-Chanyeol or not?”

 

And Baekhyun starts plucking the petals one by one until she gets the result…

.

.

.

.

.

.

“N-No way…i-it can’t be...”

 

~SM Academy ♥ SM Academy~


A/N: Hello everyone again~ I apologize for not updating earlier like how I announced it. You see, I just recovered from getting sick again and couldn't able to finish the chapter fast. Also, because of midterm exams.

Not only that though. You see, I never expected to see a news that would get a huge impact on me.

.

.

.

Yes, you're right. It's about Ladies' Code. I may not be a fan of them but I can tell how their fans feel about their sudden loss of two members, EunB-unnie and Rise-unnie. They are still young and they still have dreams that they want to achieve but I am sure the two of them are at a better place where they can be happy now and are not in pain anymore. I hope both of them rest in peace and I offer the other members of Ladies' Code, their fans, Polaris Entertainment, stylists and of course, EunB-unnie and Rise-unnie's family and friends my deepest condolences.

A/N #2: I am not quite sure when will be my next update though, so I will thank all my readers, subscribers and upvoters (currents and future ones) in advance for supporting my story despite my slow progression.

-nicoleloudanielle18 (former "lunaichinomiya")

PS. I apologize for the chapter if it seems a bit rush in advance *doing dogeza* 

PSS. Don't forget to leave a comment or feedback. It will be appreciatable and will give me motivation :

 

EDIT: Hi, I am back and if you all notice, this is an edited version of Chapter 9. Because what Woohyun told Baekhyun, does not make sense to me. AT ALL. So enjoy~