Chapter 3: A Warning, The HunHan Couple’s Appearance and a “Note ”

Everything Started with an Apple (Chapter 13 update 7/15/19)

Chapter 3:

A Warning, An Encounter of One of the Infamous Couple and a "Note"

 


 

 

Baekhyun wakes up the next day. As she sits up to lean her back against the headboard, she seems to notice that she was being tucked to bed. She doesn’t remember what happened but she remembers that she fell asleep without a blanket. Moreover, she remembers that she fell asleep after her so-called fiancé left her last night. Her face blushes as she remembers their compromising position that happened last night. She grabs a pillow just beside her and smacks face on it for thinking such thoughts.

 

Baekhyun keeps on doing it, not even noticing a pair of eyes that belongs to none other than Park Chanyeol, who is standing at the door.

 

Chanyeol is quite amused, seeing his “in-traditional fiancée” acting like that but he cannot get careless to whatever action the latter does. He decides to break her out of her own world as he walk towards the wardrobe by stating, “You look stupid doing that and it makes me want to laugh at you, Oh Baekhyun.”

 

Baekhyun snaps out of her own little word then looks at Chanyeol in surprise. Realizing what Chanyeol has said that make her whole face blush and eyes widen in embarrassment.

 

Chanyeol wants to laugh at how ridiculous and cute she looks. ‘I did not just say that she's cute, right?’ Chanyeol thinks before shaking his head.  As he opens the wardrobe, he remembers something so he informs Baekhyun.

 

“Oh yeah, the uniform that was supposed to be here yesterday, has arrived. It’s in the living room, on the couch. Breakfast is on the table in the kitchen. Just get some towel and undergarments then go get a shower.”

 

Chanyeol notices Baekhyun nodding her head before scrambles out of the bed, only to trip on her own feet and face falls first on the floor.

 

Chanyeol silently chuckles when he hears his traditional fiancée groans.

 

“You’re such a klutz for a nerd, Oh Baekhyun.”

 

In a flash after he states it, Oh Baekhyun is nowhere to be found then he hears the door, possibly from the bathroom, slams shut. Chanyeol doesn’t notice that he lets out a soft chuckle before saying to himself, ‘Such a cute kid.’


 

~SM Academy ♥ SM Academy~


 

After thirty minutes or so Baekhyun thinks, she leaves the bathroom, already in her uniform but her hair is still a bit wet. She runs to the bedroom and rushes to fix herself.

 

Ten minutes has passed before Baekhyun gets out of the room, already fixed. The uniform is a bit big to her. Her uniform is designed in a white blouse and a black necktie with gold as the outline. The skirt is designed in a gold-checkered one that reaches her knees. The blazer on the other hand, is designed in black and gold. The emblem of the school can be seen on the left chest. Her hair is tied in a bun, as usual as she is wearing her eyeglasses.

 

Baekhyun looks around and doesn’t see Chanyeol in the living room. She goes to the kitchen and sees a set of food that is prepared for breakfast. She notices that her books and notebooks are already in her bag and is placed on the table. She also didn’t see Chanyeol so she thinks that he already left. She sits down and starts to eat her breakfast.

 

After Baekhyun finishes her breakfast and washes the dishes, she gets her bag and leaves the room that she shares with her involved-in-an-accident school tradition fiancé, Chanyeol.

 

~SM Academy ♥ SM Academy~

 

Baekhyun is walking alone towards the school building as she is looking at the sky when someone bumps into her shoulder. Baekhyun turns around to see Jongin smiling at her.

 

“Yo! Good morning, Baekhyun-noona.”

 

“Good morning, Jongin-ah.” Baekhyun smiles back.

 

“How’s your day yesterday, noona?” Jongin asks as he and Baekhyun continues to walk forward.

 

“It was fine, I guess? Our room is big. There’s a kitchen, living room then a bedroom.”

 

“Hmm… so it’s kinda different from the boys and girls’ dorm then.”

 

“What do you mean?” Baekhyun asks Jongin.

 

“The boys’ and the girls’ dorm and the dorm you are staying which we call as “Couple’s Sanctuary” has its difference. Firstly, there’s no kitchen in each room that we are staying and we all eat in the dining hall with the food the dorm directors cook for us unlike in your dorm, you can cook on your own. Secondly, our dorm only has a joint living room and bedroom and there are four bathrooms in each floor, so we take turns but some of us are taking a shower together. I bet you guys have your own bathroom, right?”

 

Baekhyun nods her head.

 

“You’re quite lucky that you have your own bathroom. Chanyeol-hyung must be happy that he can take a shower as long as he likes, since he can only take turns with you, not fifty plus students.”

 

“Maybe…?”

 

“Anyway, is Chanyeol-hyung treating you well?”

 

Baekhyun is silent for a while before nodding her head to Jongin.

 

“You sure?”

 

“Nae~”

 

Before they know it, they’re already in campus and both goes inside, switches their outdoor shoes with their indoor shoes before going to the East Wing. After reaching the building, they both bid their goodbyes to each other before going to their respective classroom, not noticing the judging stares from other students in the hall.

 

~SM Academy ♥ SM Academy~

 

Baekhyun reaches her classroom and enters the room. She goes to her desk and is about to sit down when three girls approaches her.

 

“Are you Oh Baekhyun-ssi?” A girl in a ponytail asks her.

 

“I am Oh Baekhyun, why?”

 

The girl lean towards Baekhyun and by instinct, Baekhyun lean her head backwards. The girl’s face is only a few centimeters away from Baekhyun when she leans further until the girl reaches Baekhyun’s ear to whisper something.

 

“Don’t you dare ruin Dara-unnie and Chanyeol’s relationship, you hear me, nerd?”

 

“W-Who are you?” Baekhyun asks nervously.

 

The girl pulls back then answers Baekhyun, “I am Kim Hyuna, I am a member of the ChanDara fanclub. You must have heard about us, right? If so…” The girl now named as Hyuna, lean towards Baekhyun and says, “I’ll tell you that all of those things that they labeled as “rumors” are not rumors. Even if you became Chanyeol’s fiancée, you cannot break those two apart. I don’t know how you got here, based from your attire yesterday, you must be a scholar student but I’m warning you, if we ever see you near Chanyeol, you are dead. Understood?”

 

Baekhyun can’t help but feel scared so she nods her head, indicating that she understands. Hyuna pulls back then glares at Baekhyun before leaving her with the two girls.

 

Baekhyun lets out a deep sigh before looking at the window. She notices Chanyeol and his girlfriend, talking at one of the waiting sheds. She can see Chanyeol laughing about something. Baekhyun feels something on her stomach after she sees him like that, she didn’t understand why. As she is staring at them, she didn’t notice that the person she is staring to is now staring at her. When she realize that, she averts her gaze away from them when she saw Chanyeol glaring at her.

 

Baekhyun sighs before putting her head on the desk.

 

“What’s with the sigh, Baekhyun-ah?”

 

Baekhyun looks up to see Kyungsoo, smiling at her.

 

“It’s nothing. Good morning, Kyungsoo-yah.”

 

“Good morning. I doubt it is a good morning to you though. What’s wrong?” Kyungsoo asks as she puts her bag on her desk and sits down.

 

“I’m just thinking about this tradition. I just think that getting involved in such tradition is a bad idea.”

 

“It’s not really a bad thing but you just get paired up with someone who has a girlfriend and you’re a transfer student. I’d say that you have bad luck.”

 

“I guess…”

 

“Speaking of which, Seohyun just told me that you were being cornered just now by Hyuna. Is that right?”

 

“Seohyun?”

 

“Seo Joo Hyun, our class president. She’s also a part of the Student Council. She told me to look after you. It seems like you are their next victim, huh?”

 

“I guess I am…”

 

“What did they tell you?”

 

“It’s nothing.”

 

“Tell me, Baekhyun.”

 

“It’s really nothing. And besides, I’ll be fine as long as I avoid him, right?” Baekhyun smiles at Kyungsoo.

 

Before Kyungsoo can say anything, the bell rings and all of the students enter the room and waits for the teacher to come. Baekhyun then notice Chanyeol from the corner of her eyes, sitting on his desk at the back.

 

~SM Academy ♥ SM Academy~

 

It’s already lunch before Baekhyun knew it. Both Kyungsoo and she makes their way to the cafeteria for lunch. Along the way, Baekhyun bumps into someone and falls on her . She hears Kyungsoo and some other students in the hall gasps. Baekhyun looks up, only to see a hand in front of her.

 

“Are you alright, Miss?”

 

Baekhyun decides to look up further to see a handsome guy that somehow looks like someone from a shoujo manga. Although, she thinks that the guy somehow looks like a girl.

 

Baekhyun nods her head when she realizes that the guy asked her.

 

The guy helps Baekhyun to get up as the former stares at her face while the latter feels nervous at the stare.

 

The guy leans down closer to Baekhyun until they’re only a few centimeters away from each other’s face.

 

“Why is a beautiful lady, wearing such hideous eyeglasses? By the way, my name’s Lu Han. May I know your name, Miss Beautiful?”

 

‘So this is Lu Han-sunbaenim that Kyungsoo talks about.’ Baekhyun thinks while observing Lu Han.

 

“Is there something on my face? Or are you falling for me?” Lu Han asks while smiling angelically-not really.

 

“N-no…I-I…”

 

“I suggest you get away from her, Lu Han-sunbaenim. I rather not have her fall for your schemes or have your germs on her.” A very icy tone that belongs to a female, speaks from somewhere.

 

Lu Han pulls away from Baekhyun and turns around to see a girl, walking towards them elegantly.

 

The girl has her hair tied in a ponytail but one can notice that her hair reaches below her waist if it isn’t tied in a ponytail. The way she wears the uniform is very neat. The girl is actually pretty or can consider as a beautiful one but the only thing about her that doesn’t somehow fit the concept is her cold expression though.

 

“It’s a pleasure to see the “Ice Queen”, Oh Sehun in such places like the corridor. Although, I am happy that you are jealous because of this beautiful lady, but you shouldn’t feel jealous. I am your fiancé, after all.” Lu Han says while walking towards the girl, who turns out to be Baekhyun’s cousin, Oh Sehun.

 

“As conceited as ever, isn’t it? Who says that I am jealous? The last time I check, I despise you so much. I am more concerned about this lady, who happens to be my cousin. So get lost.” Sehun states it as she emphasize the word “despise” to give a hint that she really mean it to Lu Han while walking towards Baekhyun as she avoids having physical contact with Lu Han. The students -mostly girls- around them gasp, after learning such revelation that the girl that their beloved Lu Han just helped is their beloved’s fiancée’s cousin.

 

“As harsh as ever but anyway, she’s your cousin?" Luhan turns his head to Baekhyun with a smile that can only define as 'flirty' in Kyungsoo and Sehun."May I know your name, miss beautiful?"

 

"I-I'm Oh Baekhyun..."

 

"Oh Baekhyun? I think I heard it somewhe- oh... I see now. So you're the rumored fiancée of Park Chanyeol? Interesting." Luhan looks at Sehun with a smirk.

 

"Chanyeol is very lucky to have such a fine lady as your cousin to be his fiancée but I feel bad for your cousin as she is engaged to someone that has a girlfriend, Sehun."

 

Luhan turns his attention again to Baekhyun as he hold up Baekhyun's hand -which is very soft mind you- and kisses the back of her hand. "Don’t worry, beautiful lady. Once both of us are engaged-free, I’ll take you with me and might marry you.” Lu Han states with a flirty smile towards Baekhyun before looking at Sehun, smirking.

 

“As if I will let someone like you take my cousin away. I rather choose someone who is not you, bastard.” Sehun glares at Lu Han as the latter shrugs his shoulders.

 

Lu Han turns around, back facing the girls and starts to walk away but not before saying, “See you some other time, Beautiful lady, Oh Baekhyun-ssi.”

 

Lu Han leaves, leaving a Kyungsoo, who is shaking her head exasperately, Baekhyun, who is gawking and Sehun, who is glaring a hole at Lu Han’s back.

 

“That disgusting, flirty bastard…how dare he flirts with my cute cousin with his virus-like existence.”

 

Kyungsoo mentally sweat drops after she hears Sehun’s statement.

 

Sehun turns around and looks at both Kyungsoo and Baekhyun but mostly at Baekhyun. She shows a small smile and made all the students around them gasp again for witnessing something they didn’t see often. Sehun turns around and gives everyone a deadly glare that says “get lost”. All the students in the corridor scram from the trio who are left in the now empty corridor.

 

Sehun turns her head again to Baekhyun.

 

What Kyungsoo witness next is something she didn’t really expect to see as her eyes widen, flabbergasts at the scene.

.

.

.

.

.

Oh Sehun, the “Ice Queen” of SM Academy just tackled the so-called nerd, Oh Baekhyun down onto the floor and is smiling so brightly that her eyes turns into crescent ones.

 

~SM Academy ♥ SM Academy~

 

Kyungsoo and Baekhyun with the addition of Sehun are now sitting on a table with their lunch -but on this case, Kyungsoo’s homemade ones- on their table. Sehun introduces herself to Kyungsoo politely and the latter returns the favor by introducing herself as well.

 

“I apologize on how I acted earlier. Please do not tell anyone about it. It’s just that…” Sehun looks away, trying to hide a red tint on her cheeks, which Kyungsoo finds it adorable.

 

“It’s alright, Sehun-ssi. You must have missed Baekhyun a lot for you to do such actions.” Kyungsoo smiles as she raises a brow teasingly.

 

“It’th not like that…!” Sehun tries to reason out without getting embarrass in which it fails. Sehun’s eyes widens as she realize that her lisps just slips out of as her face heats up in embarrassment.

 

Kyungsoo eyes widens before chuckling at Sehun’s cute lisp.

 

“Your lisp is cute, Sehun-ssi. It makes me wonder why you act so cold but it’s not my place to know.”

 

“P-Please don’t tell anyone about my lisp, Kyungsoo-sunbaenim…” Sehun calms down a bit while she states that.

 

“Your secret is safe, Sehun-ssi.”

 

“Kamsahamnida.”

 

The girls continue to eat their lunch as they talk of many things and Kyungsoo learns about Sehun and Baekhyun that she didn’t know of.

 

~SM Academy ♥ SM Academy~

 

The bell rings, indicating that classes has ended. Kyungsoo and Baekhyun goes out of their classroom towards the main building but Kyungsoo says her goodbye to Baekhyun, telling her that she has a club activity. Baekhyun waves at her before going towards her shoe locker. She opens her locker and is about to change her footwear when she notice a note lying on her outdoor shoes.

Baekhyun picks up the note and reads it, only to drop it on the floor as her eyes widens. The students -who are also going to take their shoes from their shoe lockers, notice her expression as they look at the note on the floor beside her. They gasp and look at her with sympathizing look. One student though, is very brave to voice out what that note means.

 

"They have a new target!".

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

It’s a white note with red lettering that says “One wrong move or die.” in Hangul. The note is a symbol that Oh Baekhyun is the next target by the ChanDara fanclub.

 

~SM Academy ♥ SM Academy~

 

 

 

A/N: Hello again~

I am able to update~ although, this chapter kinda . The last sentence doesn’t sound threatening though, ahahahaha. 

And HunHan couple appeared, it’s quite short but they’ll appear more often in the future. Hyuna also appeared (from 4minute). I have nothing against her or the other members of 4minute, I just need to put up names that fits the role and Hyuna’s name pop out from my mind, so please don’t hate me. I really like Hyuna because she dances so well. Same goes for Dara from 2ne1, although she’s not really… you’ll get what I mean in the future but Dara has a special role in this story, so look forward to it. ^_^

Also, happy 52 subscribers~ thank you for subscribing this story. I’m really grateful to you all *bows*

I’ll do my best to update the next chapter within this week to next week, I don’t know since school just began here in my place and all.

Anyway, that’s all~ *waves*

~lunaichinomiya