Chapter 4: Joining a Club

Everything Started with an Apple (Chapter 13 update 7/15/19)

Chapter 4:

Joining a Club

 


 

It’s been two months since School has started and Baekhyun’s arrival.

 

We can’t say that everything’s fine because that will be a lie.

 

Ever since Baekhyun’s arrival, she is able to open up with her friends. From Kyungsoo, who became her best friend, Jongin, who became her favorite dongsaeng, Joonmyeon, who became her ‘umma’, and Kim Taeyeon from the Student Council, who became her favorite unnie for some reason after helping the secretary one time. She is also became close to their dorm’s director, Ryeowook and shared many things to each other and even taught Baekhyun how to cook.

 

She was able to meet Xiumin a week later, when Luhan appeared out of nowhere and started to flirt with Baekhyun. Xiumin whacked Luhan with a thick book before apologizing to Baekhyun on Luhan’s behalf. Xiumin is a very cute woman that looks younger than her actual age. Baekhyun didn’t really believe that she was the same Xiumin that Kyungsoo mentioned on her first day.

 

Xiumin is apparently a strong woman despite her appearance. It was revealed when a male student bullied Baekhyun for fun once and the male student ended up in the infirmary with a blood on his nose and minor broken bone. It is somehow surprising that Xiumin didn’t end up in detention.

 

Luhan is still the same, appearing from time to time to flirt with Baekhyun but is either stopped by Sehun, who is throwing a dagger towards him or Xiumin, who will always told him to stop and reminding that he was engaged.

 

Baekhyun really wondered what was with Sehun and Luhan though. It’s complicated, Baekhyun.

 

Kris and Joonmyeon were always not in the scene as they were busy with Council meetings and such.

 

Baekhyun didn’t see Sehun that much as well, only in the dorm where Sehun can be herself. Apparently, Sehun always sticks with the Student Council members or in the library on her free time.

 

Well, those aren’t the ones that happened during that month.

 

Ever since Baekhyun came, she became the new ‘target’ by none other than the ChanDara Fanclub. Of course, nothing happened to make her life miserable…yet. But with every pairs of eyes -that belongs to the members of said fanclub- that watches her actions wherever she goes and it makes her uncomfortable and expose. She did say that she isn’t a fan of being the center of attention. She still receives ‘notes’ from them from time to time, reminding her to avoid a certain kingka.

 

Speaking of said Kingka, she really avoided him at all cost except she couldn’t avoid him behind close door (shared dorm room) when Chanyeol came in the bedroom to get some clothes when he needed to take a shower.

 

The weird thing was, her heart always skipped a beat whenever Chanyeol was in her view. She really tried to avoid him and she even did what Chanyeol told her when his girlfriend was in the room with him.

 

Chanyeol on the other hand, is still the same. He always gave Baekhyun a cold shoulder and everything except for his girlfriend, Sandara.

 

Also, during those months, the school held an examination to every students to see those who are going to pass to be able to join a club without problems with their grades or not.

 

All of those happen in two months. What will happen when that cycle suddenly change one day then?

 

~SM Academy ♥ SM Academy~

 

Baekhyun yawns softly as she is walking towards the school building. As usual, almost all the students are staring at her with judging looks. Baekhyun just ignores them as she walks until she reaches her classroom.

 

Baekhyun enters the classroom and walk towards her seat as she is ignoring the stares that directly go towards her direction. Baekhyun slumps on her seat as her head is resting on her table, facing towards the window beside her.

 

Baekhyun is practically tired and is in a daze until someone pats her shoulder. Baekhyun looks up to see a smiling Kyungsoo as the latter greets her. Baekhyun greets back and both are now conversing for a few minutes before going back to their own world: Kyungsoo reading a book and Baekhyun looking at the sky through the window.

 

Classes have started after a few minutes and Baekhyun somehow finds herself distracted despite trying to concentrate in class. This also happen to the other classes that she is in.

 

~SM Academy ♥ SM Academy~

 

It’s Lunch Break now and Baekhyun finds herself suddenly outside the school building with Kyungsoo dragging her by her wrist.

 

Kyungsoo knows that Baekhyun is really tired but doesn’t know the reason. So she decided to drag Baekhyun to eat outside for some fresh air.

 

Kyungsoo and Baekhyun reaches somewhere Baekhyun didn’t know until she realizes that they’re in a field. The only place where there are fields is on the way past the tennis court.

 

Kyungsoo continues to drag Baekhyun until they reaches a big tree. As they walk towards it, Baekhyun notices that there are four people sitting under the tree.

 

“Baekhyun-noona! Kyungsoo-noona! Hurry up, we’re hungry!” Baekhyun hears Jongin’s voice.

 

“Jongin, be patient!” she hears another voice, which belongs to Joonmyeon.

 

Baekhyun doesn’t realize that she’s already sitting under the tree beside Sehun, who looks at her strangely.

 

“Are you alright, Baekhyun-unnie?” Sehun asks Baekhyun with a hint of worry in her voice.

 

Baekhyun snaps out of her daze and looks at Sehun, smiling softly as a sign that she is alright. Baekhyun turns her gaze and notices Kris, Joonmyeon, Jongin and Kyungsoo looking at her.

 

Baekhyun becomes confused as to why is Sehun here along with her brother and Joonmyeon. She knows that Sehun is practically hanging out with those two but with a Kingka like Jongin?


 

“Why is Jongin here?” Baekhyun blurts out.

 

“What?” The rest stares at her like she has grown another head.

 

“I-I mean… Jongin usually hangs out with me and Kyungie but Jongin and Sehun in one group….” Baekhyun tries to explain without offending the others.

 

The rest laughs at Baekhyun’s statement as Sehun pats her shoulder, “It’s okay, unnie. Actually, Jongin and I are friends since we’re in the same class and club together.”

 

“Huh? But you never mention him to me before. You practically tell me everything, you know.”

 

Jongin gasps and cries dramatically, “Sehun, you’re so cruel! How can you not mention this awesome, handsome and hot friend of yours to Baekhyun-noona!”

 

“You’re anything but those three that you mentioned, Jongin.” Sehun smirks at Jongin.

 

“Hmph! Be glad that you’re a girl, Oh Sehun.” Jongin crosses his arms around his chest, pouting childishly.

 

“You never change, Kkamjong.” Sehun states it.

 

“Don’t call me that!”

 

And the two starts a never ending bicker all of a sudden.

 

The rest are watching in amusement, except for Kris who is reading a book.

 

Joonmyeon, Baekhyun, Sehun and Jongin are startled when Kyungsoo announces that everything is set. They turn their heads and sure enough, the sight makes them drool except for Kris who is still reading (or pretending to read to hide his drool).

 

In front of them contains different kinds of Korean foods from meats to sea foods. There are also some desserts to add fuels in their hunger. What makes drool more is a fact that it’s homemade and not made from restaurants and made by cooks in the cafeteria or in their dorm. It was made by Kyungsoo.

 

All of them started to dig in as they thank Kyungsoo for the food and saying appreciating words and such.

 

~SM Academy ♥ SM Academy~

 

After eating their lunch as they have still time left before their class started, they all decided to rest to where they are. Sehun leaning her back against the tree with Baekhyun, whose head is resting on her lap while the latter’s hair. Joonmyeon, Kris and Jongin are talking about something, probably about something related to Jongin’s club. Kyungsoo on the other hand, is reading a book.

 

Sehun then remembers something. She looks down at Baekhyun asks a question, “Baekhyun-unnie, have you join a club that you like?”

 

Baekhyun looks up at Sehun, startles at the sudden question. As for the others, they all turn their heads towards Sehun and Baekhyun and listen in their conversation.

 

“Not yet. Do I have to join one?” Baekhyun says to Sehun.

 

“Yes unnie. You need to join. In this school, you are at least, required join one or two clubs of your own choice.”

 

“O-Okay? What am I supposed to do though? What are the requirements for me to join a club?” Baekhyun asks, not only Sehun but the others too.

 

“Well, the requirements are depending on the club itself. But your grade must not be lower than ninety-five. But some other clubs requires you to have a grade not lower than ninety or you won’t be able to join and wait next year.” Joonmyeon explains to Baekhyun, on Sehun’s behalf.

 

“O-oh…”

 

“But from what I see in your record since last week’s examinations, you are higher than ninety-five, so you already achieved one of their requirements. All you need to do is choose what club you want to join in.”

 

“Okay…”

 

“So what club that you want to join in, Baekhyun-noona?” Jongin asks Baekhyun.

 

“Anything, I guess?”  Baekhyun answers Jongin, not really sure what to answer.

 

“Baekhyun, you should choose what club that you want to join in. You should think about this wisely.” Joonmyeon reprimand Baekhyun softly.

 

“W-What am I going to do then?”

 

“How about you visit one club from another before deciding? After all, the club registration will end on Friday. So you still have three days to choose, Baekhyun.” Kris who isn’t saying anything because he’s too quiet to boot, suddenly speaks.

 

“That’s a good idea, hyung! How about we all go visit the clubs tomorrow?” Jongin suggests it.

 

“Kris and I have a student council meeting all day tomorrow. I’m sorry, Jongin.” Joonmyeon says as she gives a sad smile.

 

“Don’t worry, Joonmyeon-unnie. I will take care of Jongin and Baekhyun tomorrow.” Kyungsoo reassures Joonmyeon before turning to Sehun and asks if she will come or not.

 

“I’ll go but Jongin needs to abort his plan in tagging along. He is the vice president in dance club, so he isn’t supposed to be absent during the club registration.” Sehun says to Kyungsoo.

 

Jongin whines to Sehun, “But Sehunnie~~!!!”

 

“No buts. What kind of vice president are you if you are neglecting your role as a vice president? Why did I vote for you again?”

 

“Fine, be that way but you better tell me the details after this whole club registration is over. Got that, Oh Sehun?”

 

“Yes, yes, whatever. Anyway, we need to go back. The bell will ring soon for our next class.” Sehun states it as she stands up from the ground.

 

The rest follows her action and all of them walk together, going back to the school building then parted ways to go on their way to their respective classrooms.

 

~SM Academy ♥ SM Academy~

 

The next day, everything seems to be the same for every students of SM Academy. Well, except for Baekhyun and her friends.

 

Kris and Joonmyeon are stuck in Student Council meetings more than usual. Kyungsoo and Jongin are stuck in their own club to wait for the new members that wants to join their club as club president and vice president, respectively. Kyungsoo apologizes to Baekhyun in advance for not telling her earlier that she is needed in the club.

 

Only Baekhyun and Sehun -who volunteered to tag along- are left and the cousins are visiting every club for a tryout as what they have planned the night before. Baekhyun is glad that her cousin is free and will help her on behalf of Kyungsoo.

 

The Oh cousins decided to try out on the sports clubs today then they will visit the indoor clubs the next day.

 

The class hour has ended fifteen minutes ago and the girls are on their club hunting.

 

They first visit the Volleyball Club, which is in the gym. When they entered the gym, they are surprised to see Chanyeol staring at them, drenching in sweat.

 

Baekhyun unconsciously blushes before averting her gaze away from Chanyeol. Sehun on the other hand, face on her palms. She forgets that Chanyeol is a member of the basketball team and the basketball team and the volleyball club are sharing the gym.

 

Chanyeol raises his brow before asking the girls.

 

“Are you here for tryouts?”

 

Baekhyun is about to answer no but Sehun cuts her by answering yes.

 

Chanyeol is a bit skeptical about Sehun’s answer so he asks the latter again, “Aren’t you already a member of two clubs, Oh Sehun?”

 

“I am. I’m only here because my cousin wants to join a club and we decided to try out here first.” Sehun responds to Chanyeol’s question.

 

Chanyeol raises his brow again, not expecting the answer. Chanyeol looks at the girl beside Sehun, he doesn’t see Baekhyun as the athletic type but who knows.

 

“If that’s the case, I’ll tell the captain of the volleyball team then.” Chanyeol says to Sehun when he turns away from Baekhyun and is about to call the captain.

 

“That’s not necessary, Chanyeollie.” A voice stops Chanyeol from doing what he is going to do.

 

The three turn their heads to see Sandara Park, already in her volleyball jersey uniform.

 

Chanyeol smiles brightly at Sandara as Sehun and Baekhyun bows, as a respect to an upperclassman.

 

Sandara smiles but her smile fades slightly when she notices that Baekhyun is not looking at her and is looking down on the floor instead. Sandara looks at Sehun.

 

“Is Baekhyun-ssi going to try out?” Sandara asks the youngest Oh.

 

Sehun is about to answer yes when Baekhyun holds onto her hand, as if telling her to go somewhere else. Sehun stares at Baekhyun in confusion before she realizes what kind of situation they are in. Sehun looks at Sandara then to Chanyeol then back at Sandara, she smiles a little before answering the question, “It seems like my cousin is a bit nervous, maybe we will come back again next time before the deadline? Please excuse us for a while.”

 

Sehun bows and Baekhyun follows after before the Oh cousins leave the gym, leaving Chanyeol and Sandara there.

 

~SM Academy ♥ SM Academy~

 

Sehun stares at Baekhyun as they both walking towards the next destination, in which is where Track and Field and Football field are located.

 

“Are you sure that you don’t want to try out the volleyball club?” Sehun asks and she only receives a nod from her cousin.

 

Sehun sighs as they reach the field. Baekhyun stares at the field, quite envious at the students that are very active when it comes to sports.

 

“Want to try them, ladies?” A voice asks the two from their back and Sehun wants to kill herself on the spot as she recognizes that voice everywhere. Both girls turn their heads and sees Luhan, holding a soccer ball.

 

“No. We just walked around. Now please excuse us and we need to do something important.” Sehun drags Baekhyun away after excusing their selves to Luhan, leaving the soccer captain behind.

 

Luhan frowns at the rude attitude but shrugs it off as he sighs before going to the field when his fellow members are waving at him to go faster before their coach comes to the field first.

 

~SM Academy ♥ SM Academy~

 

Sehun and Baekhyun are now walking towards the swimming pool, where the Swimming Club members are at the moment. The pool is located on the opposite direction from the gym.

 

The Oh cousins enter the premises and decided to watch the Swimming Club members practicing. Both observes how the club practices and Baekhyun suddenly wants to leave the place. Sehun agrees with Baekhyun and both of them leave the premises.

 

As soon as they started to walk towards the last destination, which is the tennis club, Sehun can’t help herself but comment that she won’t allow Baekhyun to join the Swimming team as the latter’s body is too precious to be exposed in public like that, making Baekhyun fluster in embarrassment. Sehun smirks and teases Baekhyun for getting fluster easily, in which Baekhyun decides to say something to counter the younger’s teasing.

 

They soon reaches the tennis court and watches the tennis match that is happening at the moment.

 

Baekhyun watches the game in amazement. Even though the match isn’t exactly like what she saw on TV, it still amazes her. Sehun smiles slightly when she sees her cousin enjoying the game.

 

As the Oh cousins continue to watch the match, they suddenly turn their head when someone asks them if they are here to try out. It turns out that the one who asks them is the captain of boy’s tennis team, Nam Woohyun.

 

Sehun remembers that Woohyun is a part of the student council and a classmate of Kris and Joonmyeon and also the person who confessed his feelings using the tradition to a senior that she forgot the name, last year. Sehun can bluntly say that the confession is so cliché but hates to admit that it is also a romantic way to confess to someone. Nam Woohyun is practically one of the kingkas but he’s different from the rest, Sehun can say that as the guy likes skinship so much.

 

Sehun nods her head then points at Baekhyun, who is looking at the Woohyun, blushing a little bit at how attractive the guy is.

 

Woohyun stares at Baekhyun for a bit then remembers something.

 

“You’re the girl that Park Chanyeol dragged out of the auditorium on the first day, right?”

 

Sehun raises a brow then remembers that scene from the first day.

 

“She is. As you already know, she’s Oh Baekhyun, Park Chanyeol’s in-traditional fiancée and my cousin.”

 

Woohyun smiles before nodding his head.

 

“I see. Anyway, the captain of the girl’s tennis club is not present at the moment but I can let you try if you like. We don’t really mind if you’re good at it or not, you can always improve your skills but it will be depending on your decision.”

 

“We’ll try it out if you don’t mind, Nam Woohyun-sunbaenim.” Sehun says, smiling a little at Woohyun.

 

“So formal as always but anyway, follow me to the other court and we’ll test your skills.” Woohyun walks away towards the other court, after grabbing the tennis bag that is on the bench and Sehun has to drag Baekhyun, who seems to be in a daze, away to follow the senior.

 

As soon as they reach the other court, Woohyun enters the court, followed by the Oh cousins. Woohyun places the bag on the bench and takes out two tennis rackets. Woohyun walk towards Sehun and Baekhyun and gives the spare racket that he has before going to his position in the court with a ball on his hand. Sehun tells Baekhyun to sit and watch on how to play. Baekhyun nods her head and sits on the bench as Sehun goes to her position on the opposite side of the court and she says that the captain can serve anytime now.

 

Woohyun says that he will serve as he serves an under serve. Sehun mentally pouts at the weak serve as she returns the serve back at Woohyun. The captain is impressed at Sehun’s game play as they are now on a rally. Baekhyun is amazed at Sehun. Sehun is not really an athletic person but she knows the basics.

 

Woohyun decides to end the rally by not returning the ball, which resulted a bunch of words coming from Sehun with “unfair”, “coward”, and “I’m not that weak”. It made Woohyun laugh though before going towards the bench and sits beside Baekhyun. Sehun also goes to bench and gives the racket to Baekhyun.

 

“Why don’t you try it, Baekhyun-unnie? You might like joining the club.”

 

Baekhyun nods her head as her hand reaches for the racket and holds it carefully before looking at Woohyun, who smiles encouragingly at her and tells her that it will be okay. Baekhyun nods her head before standing up from the bench, followed by Woohyun and both goes to their position in the court.

 

Baekhyun gulps nervously and does the posture that Sehun did earlier when she is playing and stares at Woohyun, waiting for the ball. Woohyun on the other hand, is impress that Baekhyun is able to see the basics during the game and he gives her some points for it.

 

Woohyun serves an underserved again, just like the serve he did earlier and is again, impress at Baekhyun for catching up to where the ball is but mentally sweat drops and feels bad when Baekhyun suddenly trips on her own on the ground, face first.

 

Sehun palms her face but rushes to Baekhyun’s side, she kind of forget that her cousin is a klutz. Woohyun also rushes to Baekhyun’s side and helps Baekhyun to get up from the ground.

 

Both Woohyun and Sehun are glad that no damage done on Baekhyun’s face but still asks if Baekhyun is okay, which they only receive a smile and a nod from her. They did expect that Baekhyun will back out but they didn’t expect that Baekhyun wants to do it one more time. Woohyun smiles at the determination look that Baekhyun has. Sehun is somehow skeptical to allow Baekhyun but decides to let her.

 

Woohyun and Baekhyun go back and gets in to their position again and Sehun gets away from the court to sit on the bench. Woohyun serves another under serve and this time, Baekhyun is able to return the serve and soon, Baekhyun is able to improve but not only that, she is able to enjoy the game. Baekhyun is also able to play a rally with Woohyun, who is somehow proud like a brother. Sehun smiles and enjoys watching the game, with some minor accidents and whatnot but enjoyable one on the way.

 

~SM Academy ♥ SM Academy~

 

Sehun and Baekhyun are now walking back to their dorm after the friendly match with the Male Captain of the Tennis Club, both are sweating heavily but they didn’t pay attention to it. Sehun looks at Baekhyun and asks if the latter will join the Tennis club or look for another club.

 

Baekhyun answers honestly that she wants to but she needs to think wisely. Sehun nods her head, knowing her cousin when it comes to those.

 

Baekhyun stares at the sky, sun setting down. She says to Sehun that she can’t wait for tomorrow to check the other clubs. Sehun chuckles softly before agreeing with her by saying she too, can’t wait for tomorrow.

 

~SM Academy ♥ SM Academy~

 


Sehun and Baekhyun starts their Club Hunting the next day after school hours but this time, Jongin tags along.

 

“It’s so nice of you to tag along this time, Jongin.” Sehun says to Jongin, who is walking behind the girls.

 

“I’ve got nothing to do, so might as well tag along.” Jongin shrugs his shoulder.

 

Sehun and Baekhyun is now going to check on the indoor clubs which located on the second floor with Jongin. Once they reach the second floor, the trio decides to visit every club starting from left to right. They start to walk towards the left side of the main building and reach the last door. Sehun does the honor of knocking the door before opening. When she opened the door, she didn’t expect that the room is a disaster. Comics, posters and action figures are everywhere in the room.

 

Baekhyun and Jongin takes a peek inside and both of them are now blinking their eyes at the mess.

 

Sehun who is very compose at the moment, asks what is going on. Someone suddenly pops out in front of the trio, which results in Baekhyun hiding behind Jongin, a bit scared at the stranger’s get up.

 

The stranger coughs and apologizes at the mess.

 

Sehun asks if they are having an application for new members of their club. The stranger nods before letting the trio inside the room. The stranger introduces himself as Kim Myungsoo but he prefers to be called as “L”.

 

Baekhyun and Jongin only look around the mess while Sehun asks for the requirements in joining the club.

 

“To be able to join, you must know a lot of anime or manga series. You must also good at drawing and programming animation. You must have an interest in cosplaying as anime characters and be able to portray an anime characters’ traits. Manhwa series are included in the club as well. You must also like playing video games too. So in short, you have to be an anime otaku and a geek.”

 

“Oh, I see. Well, we’ll think about it first. For now, we will check out for the other clubs. Thank you.” Sehun smiles politely before pushing Baekhyun and Jongin out of the room, leaving Myungsoo waving his hand, asking them to come again some time.

 

~SM Academy ♥ SM Academy~

 

The next room the trio enters is the Art Room. Sehun raises her brow when she notices that no one is in the room at the moment.

 

“That’s weird, they are supposed to be welcoming new comers.” Sehun wonders loudly.

 

“Maybe they’re not available at the moment.” Jongin states as he glances at Baekhyun, who is staring at the finished art works.

 

“Maybe you’re right. Anyway, based from the works that we are seeing, the requirements must have something to do with sculpturing, and painting. Also, you must have a wild imagination and knows how to picture something. And since there’s no one here, let’s go and check out the others then we’ll go back here if we have time.” Sehun says as she starts walks out of the room, followed by Jongin and Baekhyun.

 

They proceeds to the next room and even before Sehun decides to knock on the door, the door suddenly opens and sees someone who is somehow resembles Jongin. When the Jongin look a-like notices Jongin, he suddenly drags the latter inside the room. Sehun and Baekhyun look at each other in confusion and decidec to follow Jongin inside.

 

The room they entered is apparently, the Dance Club. The room is very clean and nice to hang out in.

 

The members of the club stops at what they are doing and is staring at Sehun and Baekhyun, mostly at Baekhyun, who hides herself behind Sehun.

 

Baekhyun feels that someone is glaring some daggers at her direction and decides to take a peek on Sehun’s shoulder and sees Hyuna and the two who are behind Hyuna on their first encounter. The boys, especially the Jongin look a-like seem to be staring at Baekhyun for some reason. Sehun glares daggers at the boys, as if to mind their own business. The boys avert their gazes from their direction, too scared of Sehun’s icy glare.

 

Jongin’s look a-like jump towards the Oh cousins’ direction and waves cutely at Baekhyun and Baekhyun waves a little from Sehun’s shoulder.

 

Sehun sighs as Jongin tries to stop the guy from scaring Baekhyun.

 

“Baekhyun-unnie, don’t be afraid of this idiot. He doesn’t bite. By the way, he’s Lee Taemin, Jongin’s best friend. He’s a year younger than you, which means Jongin and my classmate.”

 

Baekhyun decides not to hide behind Sehun and stands beside her before introducing herself to Jongin’s look a-like who is introduced as Lee Taemin.

 

Taemin can’t help himself but pinches Baekhyun’s cheeks. If you are in his case, you can’t help yourself too because Baekhyun’s cheeks are a bit chubby and because of her features, you really can’t help it.

 

Sehun, on instincts suddenly slaps Taemin’s hand away from Baekhyun. Taemin’s and Jongin’s eyes widens in surprise as everyone in the room. Sehun is also surprise at her actions and immediately mutters an apology. Taemin smiles in amusement, he doesn’t expect his friend to react like that then he remembers what Jongin told him a week ago.

 

~SM Academy ♥ SM Academy~

 

-Flashback-

Taemin noticed Jongin, who had a hand-marked on his cheek. Taemin asked what happened and Jongin complained at him.

 

“Can you believe it?! Sehun just slapped me in front of his cousin. It hurts like hell and she even stomped on my pride. Sehun and her complex towards her cousin is really something.”

 

“Sehun has complex towards her cousin? You mean the transfer student-noona that you keep on babbling about?” Taemin teased Jongin, whose face suddenly turned red.

 

“Yah! I’m not babbling about Baekhyun-noona!” Jongin exclaimed, a bit mad that he was being teased at by his best friend. HIS BEST FRIEND, can you believe that?

 

“Yeah, right. Anyway, what did you do anyway? I doubt Sehun would act like that without a reason, kkamjong.”

 

“All I did was pinching Baekhyun-noona’s cheeks. It looks so soft so I pinched on it but I ended up getting slapped at. Can’t you believe that?! Sehun slapped me because I only pinched Baekhyun-noona’s cheeks for goodness sake!” Jongin whined and pouted.

 

“Hmm…” Taemin ignored Jongin after that, which made Jongin sulked on his seat.

 

‘I can’t wait to see this Baekhyun-noona that Jongin always babbling about up-close. I only see a glimpse of her when she was dragged by Chanyeol-sunbae. Hyuna-sunbae and her gang seems to be a bit agitated and anxious. I can’t really wait for the day of our first meeting, interesting.’ Taemin thought, smiling to himself as he looked at Jongin, who was still sulking and Sehun, who just entered the classroom.

 

-Flashback Ends-

 

~SM Academy ♥ SM Academy~

 

‘Now I know why. There’s something about her that seems to be attractive, not sure. Despite the nerdy look, she is actually a cute one. Oh, this is going to be interesting indeed.’ Taemin smiles mysteriously at Sehun before turning his head towards Jongin then winks at him. Jongin looks confuse at Taemin’s wink but the latter just smiles before turning his head towards Sehun and tells Sehun that he’s cool and states that he just wanted to know what caused Jongin to receive a slap mark on his cheek.

 

Sehun’s eyes widens a bit but smirks as she stares at Jongin before stating that he deserves it. Jongin pouts when he heard Sehun’s statement and is now annoyingly whine like a child.

 

Their conversation is interrupted by a cough. They turn their heads and sees the dance club’s instructors, Lee Hyukjae and Kwon Boa along with the dance club’s President, Jang Dongwoo and one of the members, Lee Howon or also known as “Hoya”.

 

Boa smiles at the members as the members bows in respect. She looks around and notices a new face.

 

“You’re a new face, are you here for an audition?” Boa asks, remembering who that person is.

 

Sehun answers the question on Baekhyun’s behalf, “Boa-seonsaengnim, we just came here to ask for permission to be excused for today’s activity.”

 

Boa raises her brow at Sehun, “Why would I allow you to do that to my one of the best students here?”

 

Sehun smiles a little as she answers the female instructor’s question, “I was asked by the student council to accompany Oh Baekhyun-ssi, who is my cousin, in choosing a club that she wants to join in and since she doesn’t know anyone aside from me, Jongin, Kyungsoo-sunbaenim from the cooking club and Chanyeol-sunbaenim from the basketball team, I decided to volunteer myself.”

 

Boa is somehow thinks about Sehun’s reason before smiling kindly.

 

“Okay, I permit you to be excused for today. You may go now.”

 

Sehun gives Boa an eye smile that she rarely shows before excusing herself and pushes Baekhyun out of the room, waving goodbye at Taemin and leaving Jongin behind, who is once again sulking.

 

~SM Academy ♥ SM Academy~

 

The Oh cousins proceed to the Cooking Club, which Kyungsoo is the president of. As the two enter the room, they notice that the members are quite busy in something. They also notice Kyungsoo who is wearing an apron and a hair cap covering her hair, is doing her rounds, looking at what the members are doing with a serious face. Sehun explains to Baekhyun that Kyungsoo is always serious, especially when it comes to food. Apparently, the club members are practicing on how to design a cake using frosts and syrup along with some candies.

 

Kyungsoo from the corner of her eyes, notices the Oh cousins before turning her head towards their direction. Baekhyun smiles and waves a little when she notices Kyungsoo looking at their direction as Sehun bows in respect.

 

Kyungsoo walk towards a girl and whispers something in her ear. The girl nods her head before walking around the room, supervising the members from time to time as Kyungsoo walk towards Sehun and Baekhyun with a smile on her heart-shaped lips.

 

“It’s good to see you two visiting the Cooking Club. How’s the try out from yesterday? I’m sorry that I can’t even help you yesterday and today, Baekhyun-ah.I'm a bit occupied at the moment.” Kyungsoo says, a bit sad about the thought.

 

Baekhyun shakes her head slowly before saying that it’s okay as Sehun answers the question on Baekhyun’s behalf by explaining what happened yesterday.

 

Kyungsoo is somehow shock when Sehun mentions Woohyun’s name. Baekhyun asks why Kyungsoo reacts like that to Sehun. Sehun answers her cousin’s question honestly.

 

It turns out that Woohyun is also a part of the Cooking Club and also helping the Music Club from time to time, so Sehun informs Baekhyun that they might see him later. Baekhyun nods her head in understanding.

 

Sehun asks Kyungsoo on what are the requirements to be able to join the club. Kyungsoo tells them that you need to make three dishes without looking at the cook book, knows how to cook and bake and needs to have a ninety percent of her grades in Home Economics.

 

Sehun then remembers that Baekhyun is not that good at cooking and might make the whole room explode, which made Kyungsoo chuckle in amusement and Baekhyun fluster in embarrassment.

 

Sehun then excuses her and Baekhyun to Kyungsoo as she drags her cousin with her out of the door, leaving a smiling sweetly Kyungsoo behind.

 

As soon as the Oh cousins leave the room, Kyungsoo turns around and goes back to what she was doing before the girls came by.

 

~SM Academy ♥ SM Academy~

 

After the Cooking Club, they go to the other side of the main building and the two decided to visit the room opposite from the Anime and Manga Club room. Sehun knocks on the door and opens it. Sehun somehow regrets going here first though. Why? Well…

 

The room that the girls enter is the crazy club who believes in aliens and phenomenon creatures such as ghosts and whatnot, SOS Brigade Club.

 

Baekhyun mentally sweat drops as she notices that there are only two or three members of the club.

 

Sehun sighs as she drags Baekhyun out before the SOS Brigade Club members force them join the club and that very thought will make her go crazy.

 

Sehun shuts the door behind her as she drags Baekhyun and proceed to the other door, leading them to the Drama Club, the club where Sehun is a member of, aside from the Dance Club.

 

As soon as they enter the room, Sehun is greeted by a hug.

 

“Sehunnie, I am so glad you’re here!” A very cute girl appears out of nowhere. The girl who is shorter than Sehun and almost the same height as Baekhyun, is using aegyo on Sehun.

 

“Hello Sunkyu-sunbaenim. Is there something that you need?” Sehun asks the clingy girl, who is still hugging the former.

 

“I told you to call me Sunny! Anyway, it’s bad! We’re in a critical situation, Sehunnie!” Sunny exclaims at Sehun.

 

“What’s going on? What do you mean?” Sehun is somehow worried at her senior and fellow member’s statement.

 

“We’re short on people, Sehunnie! Most of our members are already graduated and some of the members, who were left, left the club earlier. What should we do? We need more crew members to help on the set and to fill the roles. What should we do?!” Sunny’s voice is trembling in panic. Sehun thinks that this is somehow serious than she thought.

 

Sehun asks where are the president and the adviser of the drama club go. Sunny tells Sehun that the president is currently recruiting new members and the adviser is currently at the faculty room. Sehun tells Sunny that she will also help when she remembers that Baekhyun is with her.

 

Sehun turns her head towards Baekhyun, who is looking at her like a confused puppy. Sehun asks Sunny, still looking at Baekhyun if Baekhyun can apply as a member, despite going to be an understudy. Sunny looks at Baekhyun, who has been standing next to Sehun for a while now and whom she just notice just now as well. Sunny studies Baekhyun’s feature before nodding her head in approval before walking away from the Oh cousins, probably searching for the president.

 

Sehun smiles before looking at Baekhyun, whose eyes are like round plates at the moment.

 

“Isn’t that nice, unnie? You have a club to join now. It seems like the club is in dire need of new crew members.” Sehun states as she smiles at her cousin in relief as she sees the smile that she has been wanting to see.

 

“It is nice but I don’t know how to act though, Sehun.” Baekhyun frowns.

 

“I’ll teach you then. After all, I’m a member of this club.”

 

“Please take good care of me then, Sehunnie~” Baekhyun smiles teasingly at Sehun’s nickname.

 

“Anyway, let’s go and look for another club if you want to be a member of two clubs.”

 

“Okay.” Baekhyun smiles at Sehun as she follows the latter out of the room, silently.

 

~SM Academy ♥ SM Academy~

 

Sehun tells Baekhyun that they don’t need to go to the Newspaper club which is located on the opposite side of the Cooking Club across the stairs. Baekhyun asks why and Sehun answers that instead of being a member of that club, they will ask questions that the former doesn’t want to answer. Baekhyun nods her head, telling Sehun that she will take note of that. Sehun decides that their last visit will be the Music Club.

 

Sehun knocks on the door and opens it. She excuses herself before coming in with Baekhyun following behind. Sehun bows when she notices the instructors of the Music Club, Kim Jongwoon or as they call him “Yesung”, Zhang Li Yin, the Chinese instructor from China and Kim Hyo Jung or also known as “Hyorin”, the president of the club, are looking at her.

 

“If it isn’t Oh Sehun-ssi from the Drama Club, can we help you with something?” Hyorin asks.

 

“Sorry for interrupting you about something, sir, ma’am and Hyorin-sunbaenim, I just want to ask if your club is holding an audition for today or not.”

 

“Oh? Is Miss Oh going to audition?” The male instructor, Yesung asks Sehun.

 

Sehun shakes her head and steps aside to show Baekhyun to the instructors. The three instructors look at Baekhyun, who bows her head in respect.

 

“Annyeonghasaeyo, Oh Baekhyun imnida….” Baekhyun introduces herself to the instructors and the club president who in return, are observing her. The President seems to recognize her from somewhere so she asks to be sure, “Aren’t you Chanyeol’s fiancée?”

 

Baekhyun stiffens at the mention of her so-called fiancé’s name and her title too.

 

Sehun answers the question on Baekhyun’s behalf that the latter is indeed, Chanyeol’s fiancée (more like in-traditional one)

 

The instructors seems to be talking about something before the female instructor says that they are fine with it. She smiles when she notices Baekhyun, fidgeting. The female instructor finds it cute at some point. Yesung, the male instructor instructed Hyorin to search for someone and the latter is about to do what it is instructed to her when the door opens. All the occupants in the room turn their head, including Sehun and Baekhyun towards the door, only to see Park Chanyeol looking at them.

 

Baekhyun is standing still, apparently freezing on the spot when Chanyeol is staring at her as if the latter is looking at her soul.

 

“Oh Chanyeol, you’re here! We’re glad that you did. It seems like that we need to ask you to play some instruments. Your fiancée is going to try for the audition.” Hyorin says to Chanyeol, smiling a bit apologetic. Chanyeol shakes his head and says that it’s okay.

 

It actually turns out that the club is holding an audition but on Baekhyun’s case, she will be taking her turn last as she still needs to fill up a form. Sehun helps Baekhyun in filling up the form while the club starts the audition which is going smoothly and a bit faster, much to Baekhyun’s dismay.

 

When it’s Baekhyun’s turn now, all seems to be expecting to see her performance as all the occupants in the room, are looking at her.

 

Let’s just say that during her audition will cause some changes to her normal life, especially her relationship with Chanyeol.

 

~SM Academy ♥ SM Academy~

 

 

Author’s note~

Annyeonghasaeyo~

It’s been a while, right? Sorry for not being active. Been busy lately and also, taking a short break from the issues that just happened until now. But I’ll try to be able to active more often, although I cannot promise that.

By the way, this is a triple update~ I will write a longer Author’s note at the latest chapter later. (Chapter 5) about Baekhyun’s dating issue (although it’s late but don’t worry, the note is not about a bad news or anything *smiles*)

Also, happy 66 subscribers and thank you for upvoting the story. Although I am still lacking with something, I still thank you all and I really appreciate it \(^___^)/

-lunaichinomiya

 

EDITED: I am back for some editing and will catch up with this story. This is going to be my focus when Christmas vacation starts by Saturday. And I combined both part 1 and 2 in this one.