Chapter 8: Uprising Conflict (?), Sandara's Discovery and Confusion of Feelings

Everything Started with an Apple (Chapter 13 update 7/15/19)

Chapter 8:

Uprising Conflict (?), Sandara’s Discovery and A Confusion of Feelings

 


 

 

It’s already 7 o’clock in the evening when Sehun and Baekhyun walks out of a very fancy restaurant along with Baekhyun and Kris’ mother, Mrs. Wu and their family’s business partner, who is in his early 40’s with his wife.

 

Sehun and Baekhyun says their goodbye to their family’s business partner and his wife then the girls both peck Mrs. Wu on the cheeks before going inside the black sedan car.

 

During the ride that night, Sehun has been staring out of the window for sometime now as Baekhyun sleeps on Sehun’s shoulder, looking tired. Who wouldn’t? You’ll really get tired when you were dragged from one meeting to another all day, it’s tiring.

 

Sehun has been thinking about something. Ever since yesterday, she’s a bit bother by it and she’s been thinking about it all day, not even focusing on those meetings earlier.

 

‘Since when did that happen? Does…does he know about this?’ Sehun wonders to herself as she recalls what she saw that time.

 

As Sehun stares outside, she notices Baekhyun from the window’s reflection and can’t help but think to her self, ‘I wonder how you  feel towards Chanyeol-oppa. I also wonder what would you do if it’s you, who saw it instead of me, Baekhyun-unnie?’

 

Sehun averts her gaze away from Baekhyun’s reflection and stares at the sky with a solemn expression, asking no one in her mind, ‘What are you trying to achieve from this. What are you up to…?’

 

Sehun unconsciously closes her eyes as she leans her head beside the window and unconsciously falls asleep with Baekhyun still sleeping on her shoulder.

 

~SM Academy ♥ SM Academy~

 

Sehun wakes up when she feels someone shaking her shoulder. She opens her eyes and looks up to see Baekhyun, who is smiling softly and apologetically at her.

 

“Sorry to wake you, Hunnie but we’re already here.” Baekhyun says to Sehun softly as the latter rubs her eyes cutely before stretching her arms before getting out of the car. Baekhyun is right though. They’re back at the academy.

 

Baekhyun bows to their driver before going inside the main building (office) with Sehun following behind.

 

During their walk, they didn’t say anything to each other as they are both tired and sleepy. Once they reach their dorm, they say their good nights to each other before parting, going to their respective rooms.

 

Sehun reaches where her shared room is and pulls out her keys from her pocket before opening the door. She goes inside and closes and locks the door behind her before removing her heels and groans at her ankles.

 

‘Damn those heels. Oh how I wish you burn in hell for being made.’ Sehun curses in her mind as she wears a pair of slippers before walking slowly inside and to the living room. She raises her brow when she notices Luhan on the couch, sleeping without a pillow or a blanket.

 

‘This person is an idiot, seriously. Who sleeps with the air conditioner turn on maximum and without a pillow or a blanket to use on the couch? He’s really an idiot.’ Sehun really wonders how Luhan’s mind works as she walks away from the couch and towards the bedroom, leaving Luhan behind.

 

Sehun walks out from the bedroom a few minutes later, carrying a blanket and a pillow. She goes to the couch and sits down to a little space beside Luhan’s body. She tries to raise Luhan’s head as she slips the pillow through without waking him up. After successfully placing the pillow, she covers Luhan’s body with the blanket.

 

Sehun stares Luhan’s face for a bit, unconsciously reaching his hair with her hand and brushes some strands away from his face.

 

“Sleep well, idiot…” Sehun mumbles to herself before standing up and leaves the sleeping Luhan as she goes inside the bedroom and locks the door behind her.

Sehun stares at her hands, in a daze for a bit before snapping out of it and groans to herself.

 

‘Why did I do that? Now I need to wash my hand with Lysol or bleach to erase whatever germs he gets from wherever or whoever.’ She rushes inside the bathroom after thinking about it.

 

~SM Academy ♥ SM Academy~


 

Sehun wakes up the next day when her alarm clock keeps ringing. She reaches her arm for the alarm clock from the bedside table for her to turn off the alarm. After that, she sits up from her bed and stretches her arms. She gets up from her bed and does a little exercise to wake her whole body up before going towards her wardrobe, opens it and picks up a set of uniform, she closes her wardrobe before walking towards the bed to place her uniform on. She goes to the drawers and gets some undergarments a pair of socks before going back to the bed and placing it beside the uniform.

 

Sehun enters the bathroom after her clothes are set. She takes a shower while pondering on things that happened during the weekend.

 

~SM Academy ♥ SM Academy~

 

After thirty minutes of taking a shower and dressing up, Sehun walks out of the bedroom and goes to the kitchen, only to see Luhan preparing something for breakfast.

 

Sehun raises her brow at this because usually, Luhan doesn’t even make something for breakfast her or himself on that matter. Because let’s be honest, both Luhan and Sehun doesn’t know how to cook at all. That’s why Sehun’s curious as to why Luhan is preparing breakfast and can’t help herself but comment without thinking.

 

“You’re not trying to commit suicide, are you? Because let’s face it, you are a horrible cook.”

 

Sehun’s statement startles Luhan and he almost dropped the cup of coffee that he is holding.

 

“It’s way too early for me to deal with you, so please spare me, Oh Sehun? And no, Ryeowook-noona gave this to me just now.” Sehun can tell based from Luhan’s voice, that he is serious and even catch what Luhan says afterwards, at least Luhan’s not suicidal.

 

“Fine, whatever you say.” Sehun says as she sits down across the empty seat which is Luhan’s and stares at her breakfast in front of her. Their breakfast for today is consists of a sunny side up egg, two strips of bacon and rice.

 

Luhan places another cup on the table beside Sehun’s place as the former sits down, which snaps Sehun out of her trance and mutters an awkward thank you to the male. The pair starts eating their breakfast with a tension in the air. Usually, the pair eats downstairs but today, Ryeowook just give them their breakfast.

 

Sehun can’t help but glance at Luhan, who is only focusing on eating his breakfast. Sehun can’t help but notice how tired Luhan is, probably because of their year level’s examination coming up or something, Sehun doesn’t know.

 

Luhan has dark circles under his eyes, he seems to be restless lately and Sehun won’t admit it in front of Luhan, she’s worried.

 

After an awkward fifteen minutes, pair finishes their breakfast and places the dishes inside the dishwasher beside the stove.

 

As the pair starts fixing their things for today, Sehun can’t help herself but ask the tired Luhan, “Can I ask you something?”

 

“You’re already asking.”

 

“Jerk…” Sehun mutters to her self before letting out a sigh then asks, “How would you feel if you saw someone with someone else?”

 

Luhan stops what he is doing and stares at Sehun with an expressionless expression.

 

“It depends on the situation.”

 

“Depending on a situation? Like what?”

 

“If you saw girl with a girl or boy with a boy, it means they’re only enjoying each other’s company like friends or best friends. It’s the same if you saw a girl with a boy or vice versa and they’re only chatting like friends or best friends and there will be cases that they can be dating. Is that what you’re asking?”

 

“It is… it’s just…”

 

Luhan rolls his eyes before saying, “Time is ticking, Sehun. Better spill it or I won’t answer it.”

 

Sehun mutters something and Luhan didn’t catch it, so he asks again and this time, Luhan heard it clearly but didn’t expect to hear that question from our Residential Ice Queen.

 

“…What if you saw someone you know that has a boyfriend with another guy? And they’re acting like a couple…How would you feel?”

 

“Why did you ask?”


 

“Just tell me your opinion, damn it!” Sehun is getting frustrated at Luhan for not giving an answer to her question.

 

Sehun realizes that Luhan is walking towards her direction so she unconsciously walks backwards until her back hits the wall from behind.

 

“Why does it matter on how I feel? You won’t understand it at all, Oh Sehun, the Ice Queen.”

 

“Me? I won’t understand? Let me tell you this, I can tell what it feels like. All I am asking is how you will feel if you are the one who saw them. Is that hard to answer or you haven’t feel it because you’re the one who is doing the “cheating on someone” act. Is that the reason, Luhan-sunbaenim?”Sehun glares at Luhan, who puts a hand on the wall beside Sehun as he leans closer.

 

“You don’t know me at all, Oh Sehun. Or what you are getting at, if you don’t shut up.” Luhan’s face is practically close to Sehun’s as their noses almost brush against each other as his voice tone turns into icy ones while eyes narrows. Sehun glares more, giving a warning to Luhan’s unreadable expression.

 

“So? What if I don’t shut up? I'm not afraid of you! Just who do you think you are to threaten me, huh?! You’re just a stupid playboy who always plays around with girls and an annoying bas-?!!”

 

Sehun’s eyes widen as Luhan cuts her with his lips on her. Sehun is freezing on the spot, too shock on what to do. Luhan notices this, so he decides to kiss Sehun more.

 

Sehun closes her eyes shut and presses her lips tightly close as she feels Luhan deepens the kiss, trying to make Sehun kiss back but Sehun is a stubborn girl.

 

Sehun almost gives in into the kiss because of Luhan’s touches around her waist but she snaps out of herself when she feels Luhan’s tongue her lower lip. Sehun pushes Luhan away from her and did one thing that both Luhan and she didn’t expect.

 

Sehun slaps Luhan on his left cheek.

 

Luhan’s eyes widen as he realizes what he is doing. He glances at Sehun and feels surprise to see her tear-stained face and feels guilty for what he did.

 

“S-Sehun, I-I…” Luhan tries to reach for Sehun with his hand but it is slapped by Sehun, who looking at him with eyes full of hatred.

 

“Don’t you dare touch me with your filthy hand, Luhan-sunbaenim.” Luhan can hear Sehun’s cold and venomous voice as the latter speaks.

 

“Look, I didn’t mean it. It’s not intention-“

 

“Intentional or not, On purpose or not, you dare take advantage of me! First, you told those es you call fans to bully me, hunt me down, degrading my pride and dignity until now. Now, you took advantage of me when I only asked you a question. What exactly did I do to you?!”

 

“Sehun…”

 

“You’re the worst. I hate you!” Sehun pushes him aside, grabs her things and runs out of the room, leaving Luhan standing alone in the living room.

 

Luhan runs his hand on his hair, he feels guilty about what he did and can’t help but feel hurt because Sehun didn’t let him explain about what Sehun told him just now.

 

~SM Academy ♥ SM Academy~

 

Baekhyun is running late for school and she’s now running as fast she can just to reach the school before the bell rings.

 

Why is she late? Because she slept late last night due to homework and talking to her mother via phone call about the discussion during dinner. Also because she recalls some things that happen during the weekends; her outing with her friends and how happy she is because she is able to forget her problems for a while and some stuffs that is related to her problems. That’s why. And you can’t blame her when her phone didn’t alarm on time as well.

 

Anyway, Baekhyun reaches the school gate as she greets the security guard and rushes inside the school building and towards her shoe locker.

 

Baekhyun stops in front of her locker and lowers her head, panting from running. As she regains some energy, she raises her head and her eyes widen.

 

Four spaces from Baekhyun’s locker, she sees Chanyeol and Sandara. Well, Baekhyun won’t react if the couple is only talking or anything but what she sees made something inside her shatter into pieces for some reason.

 

What did Baekhyun really see? Well, Chanyeol is pinning Sandara against the shoe lockers while making out with the latter.

 

Baekhyun immediately averts her gaze away from the scene and hurriedly opens her shoe locker and gets her indoor slippers and wears it quickly before quickly places her shoes inside the locker and closes it. She quickly grabs her bag and quickly runs away from the scene and goes to the other side to get to her classroom in time. Not noticing a piece of paper falling on the floor and tears falling from her face.

 

~SM Academy ♥ SM Academy~

 

‘Was that Baekhyun-ssi?’ Sandara asks herself as she pushes Chanyeol away when she notices someone running away.

 

“Is something wrong, noona?” Chanyeol asks her with his deep voice.

 

Sandara looks at Chanyeol with her sweet smile, telling him that there’s nothing wrong but reminding him to go to his class before he’s mark as absent. Chanyeol nods his head like a puppy before pecking Sandara’s lips one last time and telling her “see you later”. Sandara waves at Chanyeol before walking to where she sees someone but stops when she notices a piece of paper lying on the ground.

 

Sandara picks up the paper from the floor and reads the contents to find the owner of the paper but what she have read made her eyes widen in shock.

 

The paper that she found is…

 

~SM Academy ♥ SM Academy~

 

Baekhyun is in daze during the first class. When she enters the classroom earlier, she didn’t notice that she’s crying until Kyungsoo asks her why she’s crying. Baekhyun just says that maybe she’s tired from running. Kyungsoo didn’t buy it but didn’t bother to question Baekhyun more.

 

Baekhyun is really confused about something. She really don’t know what it was but whenever she thinks about the scene earlier, her heart clenches in pain, which she also didn’t understand why though.

 

‘Why is my heart clenching whenever I see them together…?’


~SM Academy ♥ SM Academy~

 

A/N: Hello again~

I apologize for the delay, dear readers. As you can see, I really don’t know what I would do in this chapter and I had several writers’ block because of this chapter. No ideas came up until this. I actually think that I kind of rushed things here, so I apologize.

This is also unbeta-ed (Well, most of my chapters are not beta-ed anyway.)

Anyways~~ Thank you for reading, commenting, subscribing and upvoting this story~~!!! *beams happily*

-lunaichinomiya

PS. Can't wait to see Chanyeol acting in a movie/drama~~! ♥ 

PSS. I'm not really good describing kissing scenes so please excuse my description *bows*