08

Ours

Jong Dae ruffled his hair several times after leaving the boutique. He said it. He had declared his love to Li Yin but this was not the best time at all. It was only matter of days to the wedding and this time, they just realized that they shouldn’t go with the marriage.

Jong Dae was confused; more confused than before. He had prepared himself (although he knew he could never be prepared) to face the marriage, but this time it was more complicated than before. Li Yin just told him about her feelings toward him. He felt happy but guilty too. Jun Su had done nothing to get this bad treatment.

When he thought deeply about how the life brought him into this mess, his phone was ringing. He answered it without knowing the caller because there was no id caller.

“Hello?”

“Is this Jong Dae?”  Jong Dae knew the voice. It was Jun Su. He gulped. He couldn’t risk blurting out that he just kissed his soon-to-be wife.

“Yes…..are you Jun Su hyung?”

“Wow, you even have recognized my voice. Li Yin is right. You are genius.”  Jong Dae just bitterly smiled.

“Hyung, why are you calling?”

“Can we meet?”  Oh God, does he know? No way! We kissed in the dressing room or changing room, or whatever it is. He is not here! Jong Dae got panicked.

“Uh….yes?”  He answered with unsure tone, and later cursed himself for doing that.

“Well, can we meet now? I am in my office, near it there is a restaurant. We can spend our time there.”

“Alright. Does noona come?”

“Why don’t you ask to her yourself?”  CRAP!

“What?”

“You are there in the boutique with them. I know it. Yi Xing told me.”  Jong Dae sighed. At least the man said that he wasn’t spying them.

“Okay. I will go there.”

When he arrived there, Jun Su hadn’t come, so he ordered food and drink because he was starving too, mostly because of thinking of what Jun Su would say. His stomach was in pain and he was sweating even though the place has air conditioners in it.

Jun Su arrived for about one hour later and smiled genuinely to him. Jong Dae examined his behavior and partially relieved because Jun Su didn’t show any gesture of angry man.

“How are you?”

“I am fine, hyung.”

“That’s good. I see you have ordered food.”

“Yeah, I am starving.”  Jong Dae smiled to him while examining more. He was really afraid.

“Jong Dae, I am sorry for asking you this question,”  Jun Su began the conversation. Jong Dae’s stomach became more painful, “do you, by any chance, like Li Yin?”  Jong Dae’s eyes were about to pop out. He was caught!

He kept the awkward silence and stared shockingly to Jun Su, until the later smiled, “then I am right. I have this gut since the first time we met. You know her longer than I do. I always think that you like her, and now I know I am right.”  Jong Dae couldn’t speak. He felt his tongue was frozen. Jun Su, however, kept continuing his speech, “I know somehow Li Yin might have feelings for you.”

“Wh…what?”  Okay, that was the big lie from Jong Dae. He pretended (and hopefully, it was convincing) that he was shocked over that news.

Jun Su smiled, “yeah. I figured that out too. That is why I called you here.” 

“Hyung, I—“

“I want you to leave Li Yin for good.”  Jun Su’s voice became stern, “I will marry her in several days more. You know the consequences if she leaves this. My mother is revengeful one. She also has power to make Li Yin’s life in danger if she ever hurts me.”

Jong Dae’s face became puzzled, and then with the same stern voice, he said, “do you threaten me?”

“It depends from which angle do you see,”  Jun Su spoke, “I love her deeply, and I know she loves me too. But your presence here is confusing for her and our relationship. I just want to make sure that you will not step outside the boundary of ‘sister-brother’ relationship. If you don’t do it, I am afraid the whole plan and everything in her life will be shattered.”

Jong Dae had gotten angry. How could this man threaten to ruin Li Yin’s life unless she marries him?

“It’s not me who will destroy her,”  Jun Su spoke again, continuing his words, “it’s my mother. You must have heard how wicked she is. She will not stop torturing her if she ever ruins this wedding plan. It only brings our family into shame and that is just like throwing poop into my mother’s face.”

“Are you saying that I have to stay away from noona so that she will not be destroyed by you and your family?”

“Finally, we agree on one thing.”  Jong Dae clenched his teeth and his hands formed fists. Jun Su just smirked, “you could just see everything now, Kim Jong Dae. Your presence now doesn’t bring happiness for her; she gets more confused day-by-day. Don’t you want her to be happy?”

“She will not be happy if she is with you.”

“Let’s see. Will she be happy if she finds out that her father and her brother will lose their job and pension if she leaves me?”  Jong Dae stared in disbelief. How could he believe this man was good for Li Yin? He showed how egoistical he was.

“What do you mean?”

“Their father works for our family; you can say that….and Yi Xing’s workplace is actually my uncle’s. So, you can say her family is in my hand. Do you think she will be happy if she knows she is the one who brings her family into misfortune?

“You are disgusting.”

“This is how the world works. Besides, you have lost your turn when you just waved goodbye to her. You did that by going out frequently with that girl in the restaurant. I can see you are quite compatible with her. You should just marry her and then you will not become my problem again, my problem between me and Li Yin.”  Jong Dae’s breath became heavy because he held his anger. Jun Su wasn’t the nice and kind man. He was just a boy with many wealthy toys to play, and likely Li Yin was about to become one of them.

Jong Dae stood up and went out, but before he went out, Jun Su shouted, “or maybe what about Jin Ri?”  Jong Dae turned because he was confused. How could he bring Jin Ri into this matter?

“What do you mean?”

“I know where Han is.”  Jong Dae frowned for a while and then the realization hit him. Han.

 

He was Jin Ri’s boyfriend.

 

The man who would become a father when little Sehunnie born.

 

“What do you mean?”

“I know Han. Our families are friends. And if I am not mistaken, Jin Ri’s baby is boy, right? Well, if I am not mistaken, Lu family is searching for the next heir because of Han’s constant rejection toward any girls that are offered to him. What will happen if I say to them that there will be a little heir for them in just couple days? They will take him and then your little Jin Ri can say goodbye to—“

Jong Dae walked harshly to Jun Su and then punched him right in the face. The restaurant suddenly was in ruckus. For Jong Dae, it didn’t matter if he wanted to destroy his life, or probably, Li Yin’s because, well, they were in the middle of this thing. But Jin Ri? She was no one in this matter. She had no wrong or even participates, and this man cruelly declared that he would do everything he could to make Jin Ri and little Sehunnie separated.

Jun Su smirked and wiped out blood that came from his nose. “You have good punch, Kim Jong Dae.” 

“Don’t.ever.try.to.touch.Jin.Ri.”  Jong Dae stated.

“Then you have to promise me you will leave Li Yin to me. I can take care of her well. You know that.”  Jong Dae really wanted to spat into his face, but he took his way to leave the restaurant. He stomped toward his car, and then he growled in anger.

 

 

 

Li Yin got the news that Jong Dae punched Jun Su two weeks before the marriage. Li Yin panicked. What if Jong Dae decided to just eliminate Jun Su? But, Jong Dae wasn’t like that.

To get some answers, Li Yin called his house. Mrs. Choi answered it.

“Is Jong Dae there?”

“Yeah, Li Yin-sshi.”  She sounds not so happy, Li Yin thought. Then she directed it to Jong Dae.

“Noona?”

“Thank God I can call you! Are you okay?”

“Yes.”

“I have heard it. What exactly happened?”

“What did he tell you?”

“He didn’t tell me anything….well, scratch it, his mother forbids me to talk to him and demands you to ask an apology. She probably thinks that I can take you to ask forgiveness so—“

“Noona, I want to talk to you.”

“Okay. Shoot.”

“Not from the phone. Can I go to your place instead?”

“Okay.”  And so, Jong Dae came. After Li Yin opened the door, Jong Dae abruptly hugged her tightly.

“Jong Dae-ah, what happened?”

“Please,”  Jong Dae pleaded, “stay still. I want to be like this little longer.”  He kissed her cheek while hugging her. Li Yin hugged him back and sometimes kissed his shoulder. They stayed like that, embracing each other and then released the hug.

“Mind to tell me what happened?”  Jong Dae had thought. Just after he got back from the most hatred meeting he would have, Jin Ri called and said that she was so excited for the baby. Jong Dae then went to hospital and his heart ached more. Jin Ri was so happy about the delivery and she was glowing. Even Chan Yeol said that this was the first time he saw something like this. Jong Dae couldn’t let Jin Ri sad. She was radiant and cheerful.

He clearly couldn’t be egoistical by sacrificing Jin Ri for his own happiness. Jin Ri had gone through a lot. Being pregnant in such young age was a big burden; Jong Dae couldn’t let the happiness went from her again.

“You have to go on the wedding as planned, noona.”  Li Yin got shocked. She thought that Jong Dae was joking, but she looked to his eyes and he wasn’t lying.

She gulped.

“What? Why?”

“I can’t take you from him abruptly like this.”

“Is that why you punched him?”

“I wanted to ruin your wedding by punching him so that he would not be presentable, but I guess I can’t be that cruel. You will be happy if you are with him.”

Li Yin looked in disbelief. She couldn’t believe Jong Dae wasn’t that bad. He was so kind until the extent that people couldn’t believe. She stared to him and she suddenly she understood.

“You…are lying, right?”

“No, I am not lying.”

“I am not a fool and I know you for years, Jong Dae. You are lying. What did exactly happen?”  She begged him to tell the truth but he couldn’t.

“No. I will not.”

“Does Jun Su oppa have something to do with this? What has he done?”

“Noona!”  He gripped her shoulders, “you will be happy if you marry him. If you go with me, your life, and all people we love will be destroyed. Please!”

“Is that how he threatens you? By telling you that he will destroy everyone?”

“Your father, Yi Xing hyung and Jin Ri.”  Li Yin frowned, “he told me about Lu family.”

“What?”

“Jin Ri’s ex-boyfriend is someone who comes from Lu family, noona. He threatens me if I don’t leave you, then Jin Ri will lose her baby.”  Li Yin stared to him and then she hugged him back. “How? How’s the story?”

“Jin Ri….and this one boy were in relationship. I know the boy’s name—“

“What is it? What is his name?”

“Han. Lu Han.”  Li Yin looked so shocked. “Han? As in Lu Han the heir of Lu family?”

“Yes. That is why we don’t want to publicize it. Jin Ri and her life will never be peaceful if this comes out. I don’t want to sacrifice Jin Ri. I don’t want to make her suffer more.”

There was a silence between them.

“Then you will leave me?”

“You have to marry him or those people will get the harm. I don’t want it.”

She sniffed, “if that’s what you want. I will marry him, but please, stay with me. Just stay with me before I am married.”  Li Yin begged and Jong Dae couldn’t hold it more. He kissed her again. They made out until a ring from the door heard.

“Who?”

“It could be anyone.”  Jong Dae sat and Li Yin opened the door. Yi Xing was the one who came. “Jie? What the hell? I have heard the news about Jun Su hyung and Jong Dae. What is—“  Yi Xing stopped as he saw Jong Dae there sitting peacefully.

“Jong Dae-ah? You are here? How—“  He then understood. “You two are together now? Really?”

“That is not the point, hyung. Besides, noona will continue the marriage.”

“Wait, what? Why?”

“I don’t think you can hear it.”

“You two are in love but she will go marry someone else? That is the weirdest thing ever.”

“We have our own reason to do it,”  Li Yin defended Jong Dae, “what are you doing here?”

“Did I interrupt something?”  He teased them and laughed, “well, I just want to ask about the incident, but somehow you two get the reason but don’t want to tell me. That’s fine. I will figure it out somehow.” 

“If that’s it, you can go.”

“Geez, jie! Seriously? Now you are with Jong Dae and you don’t want to see me anymore?”  Yi Xing complained, “alright. I will go. I still have Sun Young waiting for me. Bye!” 

 

 

 

Chan Yeol ran all the way from his office to the operating room. Blame his sister for dragging him into her problem, so he was late so the midwife had taken care of Jin Ri. He entered the operation room and there was Jin Ri and the midwife with Mrs. Choi too.

At the outside, Jong Dae and Li Yin (who had been in ‘date’) arrived, and later, Yi Xing and his fiancée. Jong Dae’s friends came too, along with Soo Jung. Li Yin clearly showed her jealousy as Soo Jung constantly showed her affection to Jong Dae, but there was nothing she could do. She had to pretend that there was nothing between her and Jong Dae.

After waiting, Chan Yeol came out and he smiled proudly as if it was the first delivery he had been into. Mrs. Choi took out her grandson and showed it to people.

“This is the little Sehunnie, or I should say, Choi Se Hoon.” 

 

 


I am back!

Well, turns out I made Jun Su as bad as he could be (and it is planned hahahahaha) so you can curse him if you want

 

@nizzyool: nobody can stop time hehehehe, and the story will not just stop on here....please wait for the wedding on next chapter!

@Sofofol: I am sorry for not updating fast hehe, but do you like this chapter? 

@kyeoptaluhan88: but I will not just make them together just like this *evil grin* thank you!

@13thmembersofexo: do you now feel bad to him? hehehehe and yeah she is now bad bride-to-be. How could she love someone else other than her husband-to-be?

@iamangeline: thank you for the compliment! 

 

and for all, thank you for waiting! Please keep loving the story by giving comments XD

and yeah, I have revealed the father......:)

 

 

XOXO