07

Ours

Li Yin walked out from the restaurant just after she felt so suffocated inside it. The picture of Jong Dae and Soo Jung together made her sick. She shouldn’t have felt this feeling; she knew it, but she couldn’t help it either.

She kept her heavy breathing; it was so hurtful to see it. Jong Dae in the arms of another girl was something that she suddenly hated the most.

“Jie, are you alright?”  Yi Xing came to her looking really worried. Li Yin just nodded slowly. She was looking not in good state and Yi Xing sighed.

“Jie, if you want to go home, we can do it now. I will say to Jong Dae that we need to go home quickly.”

“No, that’s not—“  Her words stopped when she saw Jong Dae’s parents came into the scene. Both siblings bowed to them. His father smiled, but his mother looked really furious when she saw Li Yin there.

“What are you doing in here?”  His mother hissed. The father patted her shoulder. “Darling, they are here for congratulating Jong Dae, right? They are his best childhood friends. Of course Jong Dae asked them to come.”

She scoffed, “I am okay if Zhang Yi Xing is here, but I don’t ask him. I ask this woman. How could you leisurely show up in this place, huh?”

“Darling, stop it. I think Li Yin doesn’t know—“

“I know, Mr. Kim. I know everything.”  Li Yin blurted it out. She cursed herself but then she knew she had to tell them the truth. They had every right to be angry to her; it was their only son they were talking about.

“See? She knows and she feels that it is okay to show up here and make my son suffer,”  his mother chirped, “Now I demand you to go from Jong Dae’s life! You bring nothing other than suffers for him!”

“Darling, please….”

“No! She has to know how hard his life is because of her! Do you know how hard he was studying for entering medical school just to make you proud of him? Just to make you look to him as a man, he kept studying and then when he graduated, he also suffered by waiting for your comeback? Twelve freaking years, Zhang Li Yin! My son wasted twelve years of his life only to dream about you! And suddenly you came back bringing stranger’s arms and cheerfully declared that he was your fiancée and your ideal type! Don’t you know how crushed my son is? You ruin him! You ruin his life!”

“Mrs. Kim! Please!”  Yi Xing stepped out for his sister, “my sister didn’t know any single thing about Jong Dae until some days ago! She also suffers now by knowing the truth! My sister loves Jong Dae so much until the extent that you don’t even know so don’t act like my sister is the only one who is guilty here!”

Li Yin broke with crying. Her heart ached so much. She knew what Yi Xing told was true; she didn’t know any single thing about this problem, but on the other hand, she knew exactly how Mrs. Kim felt this time. She was on the pain that Li Yin couldn’t even imagine if it happened to her.

“Jie—“

“Darling, come on. We can’t make ruckus now,”  his father said, “Jong Dae must be upset if he knows about this. Come on, we should congratulate Jong Dae instead.”  The lady walked harshly to the restaurant. Jong Dae’s father bowed several times to ask an apology from the siblings.

“Jie, calm down, okay?”

“Yi Xing, please, take me home.”

“Okay. I will go inside first. How is about Jun Su hyung, jie?”

“I can take care of that.”

 

 

 

Jong Dae threw himself into the bed after the party. He was exhausted. Soft knocks were coming and Jong Dae opened the door. Soo Jung came into the room bringing two cups of tea.

“This is what I called as refreshing tea,” she said, “I always drink this if I am feeling bad.”

“Thank you.”

“So, you are living here alone?”  She asked.

“No. I am living with my previous neighbor who worked as my private nurse and her daughter.”

“I see. Where are they now?”

“They are now going to my cousin’s house. They told me when I was about to go home. It seems like we were running out of supplies and they wanted to ask my cousin give some. We just moved here for two weeks. We are not really settled here now.”

“Oh, okay then.”  She sat beside him. “Thank God I bring that tea. I have that bad habit, you know. It seems like I can’t live without those tea bags. I actually wanted to ask cup from the waiters back there to make this tea.”

“You have quite a weird habit, Soo Jung-ah.”  Jong Dae smiled to her. They stared for quite a while until her fingers traced his face.

“Kyung Soo oppa told me that you were in hell problem. What is it?”

“What?”

“I can see you are quite uncomfortable with everything. I can see you are not as happy as everyone should be….you know, you got scholarship and everything. People usually are happy as hell when they get this blessing, but you don’t seem like happy at all.”

Jong Dae took her hand with his and kept staring to the girl. The girl was beautiful, but he clearly couldn’t erase Li Yin from his mind. He felt terrible to Soo Jung. She was nice girl and openly stated that she was interested to him. That was the reason why she ended up at his house this time. His mother suddenly showed up and was so glad to see that her son seemed to be moving on. After hours explaining to her that there was nothing happened between them, his mother sent Soo Jung to go to his house after he just arrived.

Soo Jung here was also the victim as her sister and brother-in-law secretly agreed to Jong Dae’s mom’s decision.

“Oppa?”

“I can’t! I am sorry!”  Jong Dae growled in pain and then he covered his face with his hands. Soo Jung was so confused and she didn’t know what to do.

“Oppa, it’s okay. You don’t have to feel sorry because there is nothing, okay?”  She patted his back and attempted to walk out, but Jong Dae gripped her hand suddenly and forced her to sit again.

“Oppa? What—“  Soo Jung stopped talking because suddenly Jong Dae crashed his lips to hers. She was so shocked that she didn’t close her eyes. However, she could feel his sorrow and his confused feeling, and she understood. She gently released herself from Jong Dae and cupped his face.

“Oppa, don’t do this. You don’t have to do this and I know I don’t want this thing too,”  she spoke gently, “I don’t know the cause of your problem, but I can help you go through it.”

“I am sorry, I didn’t mean to—“

“Shush. It’s okay,”  she smiled, “I think I really have to go now. Just call me if you need someone to talk to. I am ready to hear it.”  She grinned and pecked his lips lightly. She then waved goodbye. It was revealed then that Mrs. Choi and Jin Ri had arrived back and they were so shocked to see a girl coming out from Jong Dae’s room and she was not Li Yin.

“Oppa! Who is that girl?”  Jin Ri shouted as Soo Jung had gone out. Jong Dae groaned.

“No one. She was my friend.”

“Why did you groan?”  Jin Ri asked.

“Nothing, Jin Ri.”

“How was the party, dear?”  Mrs. Choi asked.

“The party was great. It was awesome.”

“Did they come?”  Jin Ri simply asked and Jong Dae nodded immediately. Come to think about it again, Jong Dae didn’t remember when Li Yin and Yi Xing went out from the venue. He frowned. He did see Jun Su and Sun Young for quite some time, but Li Yin and Yi Xing were just gone like wind.

He didn’t know that Li Yin was a mess back in Yi Xing’s house. She even needed to drink sleeping pill because she had trouble sleeping. Yi Xing called his girlfriend that Li Yin wasn’t feeling well and she would spend the night at his house. The girl then talked to Jun Su and they went out from the restaurant together, earlier from when Jong Dae came home.

Yi Xing his sister’s hair to clear her face. She slept peacefully thanks to the pill. He sighed. He didn’t know what to do with this complicated matter. If he had power for turning back the time, he wanted to use it to fix this thing. He wanted to shout to Li Yin that Jong Dae loved him back when she was about to leave twelve years ago, or maybe he wanted to push Jong Dae as hard as possible to encourage him to reveal his feeling to Li Yin.

But he knew he couldn’t. And all he could do this time was to make things right.

Probably talking to Jun Su about this problem was the good idea. But he needed Li Yin’s approval first. Talking about this matter to him could mean destroy the marriage preparation and everything.

Probably disagreeing to Jong Dae’s sudden departure was the good idea. But he couldn’t. Jong Dae had every right to go everywhere he wanted to.

He scratched his head. He was dizzy because of this matter.

Maybe he could encourage Li Yin, because this time, he knew exactly Li Yin’s feelings. She clearly had feelings for Jong Dae, and it was more than friendship and sisterhood-brotherhood things.

For over these two weeks, it was obvious as light. Li Yin avoided Jun Su after she knew Jong Dae’s feelings and used to daydream about something, which he predicted it could be about Jong Dae. Jong In told Yi Xing about these weird behaviors of his employee and he actually felt confused too.

Li Yin herself had to know that she had feelings for Jong Dae. Yes, Yi Xing would make her realize that fact.

But this time, it probably best for Li Yin to rest. She had hard day because of the accusation of Mrs. Kim.

 

 

 

Jong Dae came into the boutique for the fitting. Yi Xing asked him to go there since, well, he was the best friend. He probably wasn’t the man in honor anymore, but he could always support the marriage.

Yi Xing really played his card well.

On the other hand the marriage would be held in two weeks and turned out Jong Dae’s departure was at the same day with the marriage, not to mention Jin Ri’s condition now as she was already hospitalized. Jong Dae looked so exhausted. Thank God, Jong Dae’s relationship with Soo Jung became closer than before. Soo Jung could become his friend in every feeling that he had been through and he was so glad that Min Seok and Kyung Soo together with Baek Hyun introduced her to him. She was like the sunlight of his life.

‘Was like’ was the keyword. She wasn’t Li Yin. Li Yin was the real sunlight. Jong Dae could probably laugh with Soo Jung, but he really couldn’t laugh as sincere as before again. Only Li Yin could make him smile and laugh cheerfully. But now, he knew he couldn’t ask for more. Li Yin would be with someone else and she clearly couldn’t make him laughed again.

“There you are.”  Yi Xing stood up from the sofa when he saw Jong Dae entered the room. The room was white and it was full of wedding decorations.

“Where is Sun Young?”

“She is with jie. She is the bridesmaid. She should help her with everything now.”

“Where is Jun Su hyung?”

Yi Xing frowned, “haven’t you heard that some say it is forbidden for the upcoming groom to see his upcoming bride in wedding dress? That is why he sent me and I asked you to come too.”

“He isn’t angry to me, right?”

“Angry, yes, but he doesn’t hate you. He understands your position. Besides, the marriage will not big. The preparation isn’t really complicated.”

“Glad to know. But I think I should ask an apology from him.”

“Yeah, you should,”  Yi Xing smiled, “so, how are you?”

“I am fine.”

“How’s Jin Ri?”

“She is now hospitalized. Doctor Park is monitoring her. I am getting discount since the owner of that hospital is my teacher back in university.”

“Oh, so when my wife is about to bear the child, can I go to that hospital too? I will carry your name, of course.”  Jong Dae laughed because of Yi Xing’s attempt to enlighten the atmosphere. However, his laugh was stopped when he saw Li Yin came in with her wedding gown.

She wore the exact same gown which she showed to him weeks ago. The dress was perfect for her. Her hair wasn’t being done yet, but Jong Dae could imagine how beautiful she would look.

He gulped. He wasn’t ready, even though on the way there, he was trying to prepare himself.

“Wow! Jie! Look at you! You look really beautiful!”  Yi Xing gave the compliment and took her hand. He looked so happy for this marriage. Sun Young who stood beside her also smiled genuinely and even fixed the flow of the lower part of the gown. Jong Dae was still stunned.

“Jong…Dae? Why are you here?”  Li Yin asked when she realized that Jong Dae was there. She felt her face became warm and she was sure her face was red.

“Uh, Yi Xing hyung called me to come here, noona,”  Jong Dae answered awkwardly. “You look beautiful, noona.”  The awkwardness came to the scene. Both Sun Young and Yi Xing stared to them and they understood.

“Thank you.”  Li Yin simply replied his compliment. The designer suddenly came into the room. She was a middle-aged woman, probably almost 50 or 50-ish. She looked elegant but also intimidating for some points for Jong Dae.

“Look at you, Li Yin. You look beautiful. No wonder your brothers are shocked to see it.”  Li Yin just smiled, but she faked the smile. Hearing Jong Dae as her ‘brother’ made the heart ached.

“He is not my brother,”  Li Yin stated. Her index finger pointed to Jong Dae.

“Oh, I am sorry then. So, who is it?”  The designer kept observing and tidying from behind. Jong Dae and Li Yin stared to each other for quite a while. Jong Dae wasn’t sure of what Li Yin would say, but Yi Xing had his guts. He knew his effort for these days after the party would be paid.

“He is the one that I love, Ma’am. He is my love.”

Jong Dae was so surprised; this went to Sun Young too. She gasped when Li Yin finished stating about it. The designer, who was the only one that didn’t know anything, smiled genuinely.

“Is that so? So he can then use his suit? I have it ready; I thought he would come in different time.”

“Uh, sorry Ma’am but I am not—“

“He is not doing it. He just accompanies me,”  Li Yin smiled to the lady, “Is it good, people?”

“Yeah, that looks magnificent.”  The designer said, “I hope your marriage will bring happiness.”

“Thank you.”

“I’ll leave you then.”  The designer and her people came out from the scene, leaving the four people there did the silence and awkward act.

“I think I have to change back,”  Li Yin excused herself, but Jong Dae stopped it. “Noona, what did you mean by what you were talking about? She is now thinking that I am—“

“I want to talk to you, Jong Dae-ah,”  Li Yin stated, “come on, follow me.”  Jong Dae reluctantly followed Li Yin into the changing room. The room was big, actually. Sun Young and Yi Xing waited at the outside.

“Noona, what do you mean by—“

“Jong Dae, I am sorry,”  She quickly said, “I am sorry for now realizing your feelings for me. I am sorry for hurting you in many ways.”

“Noona? How—“  He then understood, “Yi Xing hyung must have told you.”

“Don’t blame him. Actually, Jin Ri is the one who told me for the first time. I needed confirmation and Yi Xing helped me by hearing it from you. He called you while I was hearing the whole conversation.”  Jong Dae was so shocked and he got this mixed feeling. He wanted to be angry but he knew he also felt happy because Li Yin knew his feeling, even though it was too late.

“Noona, don’t get me wrong, but I wish you didn’t know. It can ruin everything. I—“

“But you are now with Soo Jung-sshi, right?”

“What?”

“I have seen how you interacted with her at the party. She likes you and I know you like her too; you are attracted to her. I can see that.”

“But we are not couple.”

“Yet.”  Li Yin said, “I know this is selfish, but I just want to confirm one thing. Can you stay still?”  Jong Dae blinked several times and then nodded. He stayed still and Li Yin got closer to him.

Her lips touched him and he was literally shocked. This event was the most shocking event in his life. He didn’t do anything regarding to the kiss.

Li Yin released herself and smiled bitterly, “I got my answer. You don’t like me anymore. That’s okay, and that’s for the best. Jong Dae, I realized that I might love—scratch that, I love you. I love you more than just brother and sister. I love you as a man. But I have hurt you. I don’t deserve you. I am sorry, Jong Dae.”  She turned around after she said it but Jong Dae took her hand and spun her around. Their faces were close as he gripped her waist.

“I love you noona. I love you more than anything.”  He then kissed her. 

 

 

 


about the matter of Kris' lawsuit....I will not say anything. I actually have my view but I will not tell it. I am tired of getting bashed because of my thought, so let's just see, okay? 

and keep supporting chenyin because probably we can see their interaction more in future, okay? 

 

@nizzyool: luna is with yixing in this story. I use her real name, Park Sun Young. And there is a reason I chose Krystal: she does collaboration with chen in sm the ballad too, but I forget the song's title. I just got the idea from there. About Sehun's father: congratulations! Please wait for his grand appearance!! And Liyin realized her feelings, her real feelings!

@shroom: do you mean Krystal? The oc is Krystal? Krystal is not an oc, she is f(x) member. And of course I will not, then the tag will not be chenyin :) please wait patiently!

@13thmembersofexo: he is the cheerful one in here, along with Baekhyun hehe

@kyeoptaluhan88: of course chen and liyin will be together, but please just wait. And for the father things: congratulation, you nail it! I will not make him as a total jerk, please do not worry :)

 

and for other subscribers and silent reader, thank you for waiting!

PLEASE COMMENT, AND THANK YOU FOR THIS SO MANY COMMENTS! I LOVE YOU

 

 

 

XOXO