05

Ours

Jong Dae looked to the folder that Baek Hyun gave to him. Baek Hyun looked so nervous, with no reason.

“Are you sure I am accepted?”

“Yes. They sent them all to me; all of your needs are there.”  Baek Hyun sighed, “you should, at least, use your cousins’ address, for God’s sake! I was so shocked when I saw this letter and all the other things. I called you and Jin Ri just said that you were busy.”

“I am so busy.”

“So, what are you gonna do?”  Baek Hyun asked.

“I will go to prepare this.”

“Are you sure? What about that girl? She is the girl that you constantly talked when we were in university, right?”  Jong Dae stared to Baek Hyun. Baek Hyun could see that Jong Dae was torn apart and exhausted.

“Yes, she is.”

“Is she really getting married?”

“Yes.”

“My big condolences for you,”  Baek Hyun joked, but Jong Dae didn’t look like he caught the joke well. He also looked too exhausted to reply his joke, “I am sorry. What are you going to do then? I mean, besides preparing yourself.”

“I will call my mom. Maybe she can help me.”

 

 

 

Four days later….

Joon Myeon opened the door for the gank. Mrs. Choi carried her bag and Jin Ri’s, as Jong Dae carried the rest with Joon Myeon.

“This is your house. Thank your mother, Jong Dae-ah. She gave me money to buy this unit.”

“I have given her that compliment.”

“She said you have never gone to your old house again. She needs to see you before you take off to States.”

“Thank you, hyung. I have considered that, but Jin Ri needs to be in Seoul fast, since we don’t know when she will bear her son.”

“Go there as soon as you can. And do not forget to meet me and my family again. My child likes you.”  Jong Dae smiled as Joon Myeon patted his shoulders and walked out from the unit. Jong Dae then looked around. His family was quite well-fund enough to easily buy him this kind of place. The place was big, with three bedrooms, three bathrooms, a living room / family room, dining room combined with kitchen, and a little terrace to see Seoul’s night sky.

Mrs. Choi and Jin Ri had chosen their own bedroom, and of course, they took the biggest one. Jong Dae let them from the beginning, since there would be three human beings lived there, also they needed to put baby crib once Jin Ri’s baby, little Sehunnie, had come into the world. The third bedroom was intended for guests’ room. Who knew someone would come into that place?

Jong Dae had closed the clinic, but not forever. He had talked to his fellow doctor at Seoul, and he gladly planned to take over his clinic, but he had to prepare first. Jong Dae gave his place for that certain doctor, wishing that he could continue his work.

Of course, people who lived there were sad about his departure, moreover about his not-coming back departure. Since he would take specialist degree, he would not come back as a normal doctor in suburban anymore; he would search jobs in hospitals in big cities like Seoul or Busan.

Well, everything he would do to avoid Li Yin and her happy life with Jun Su after she married. After Jong Dae saw the letter, he knew it was his only ticket to fly away from the torture. He couldn’t imagine if he had to see Li Yin’s pregnancy because of Jun Su, or see their kids calling him ‘Uncle Jong Dae’ for the rest of his life. If this acceptance could make him escape, he would take it without doubt.

His mother was angry to him after he one-sidedly took the acceptance. His father had become the middle man in all their arguments and he did it again at the latest time. His mother was so angry that she thought that this departure of Jong Dae was meant for following Li Yin. She thought Jong Dae would follow Li Yin and her new husband; his mother suspected that Li Yin and her new husband would go to States after they married.

Jong Dae just went out after his mother yelled quite big enough. His father suggested it. He also was the one who actually gave money to Joon Myeon and asked him to search a unit for Mrs. Choi and Jin Ri to live.

“Don’t you tell Miss Zhang that you have been in Seoul now?”  Mrs. Choi suggested once she got out from the room and saw Jong Dae was spacing around. Jong Dae smiled weakly. “I will. I want to sleep first, Mrs. Choi.”

“Take your time.”  Jin Ri was listening and seeing the scene, or you can say all the scenes of despaired Jong Dae. She sighed and closed the door. She then reacher her phone and called the only person she thought that would support her sudden decision and helped her got out from the new place without any suspicion.

“Hello?”  Wait. The voice was a girl’s. Jin Ri frowned but then she thought more, maybe she is his wife.

“Hello, is this Doctor Park’s house?”

“Yes, whom am I speaking to?”

“I am Choi Jin Ri. I am his patient and he gave me his number just in case there is an emergency time.”  The woman seemed to take down the phone and gave it to Chan Yeol since just after that Jin Ri could hear his panicked voice, “yes? Jin Ri-sshi, is it the time?”

“No. But I need your help.”

“What?”

“Doctor Park, I need your help to reach a certain person now. She is living in Seoul so don’t worry, it’s not that far. I need you to take me to her place.”

“Why? Can’t Doctor Kim do it? Is he so busy?”

“It has something related to him and I don’t want him to know for now. Please, Doctor Park. I know you can help me….unless you are busy with your wife.”

“What? Wife….oh, she is my older sister. I have no wife now. I am not busy actually, unless there are emergency calls from patients LIKE YOU,”  he emphasized the words, “but….if it is really connected to Jong Dae, I guess I can help.”

“Thank you, Doctor Park.”

“You’re welcome. So, what is your new address? Jong Dae told me about your moving.”

 

 

 

Li Yin had finished decorating the cake for upcoming birthday of one of her clients. The parents would come in the minute and she needed to finish it quickly. She then looked so satisfied with her creation and then she took it into the desk. There was her employee and he would wrap the cake.

“Wow, it’s beautiful, noona!”  Jong In complimented the cake and Li Yin just patted his back, “thank you but now you have to do a beautiful wrapping so the cake will be ready before the clients arrive.”

“Aye, aye, noona!”  Jong In then took his time to wrap the cake. Li Yin left him with a big smile, and her smile got bigger when she saw Jun Su came in with a bouquet of pink roses.

“Oppa!”

“This is for you, Li Yin-ah.”  Jun Su gave the bouquet, and Jong In obediently left his work to take the bouquet after Li Yin admired it, to make way for his boss to kiss her fiancée.

“Miss me so much, Miss Zhang?”

“You know I miss you so much.”  Li Yin smiles and Jun Su wrapped his hands around her waist, only to kiss her more. There were no customers, so they could do that without worrying…..well, they just left Jong In bit his lip with jealousy.

“Hey, don’t you think that I am still here?”  Jong In who couldn’t take it more, yelled in despair. Li Yin and Jun Su chuckled as they saw him sulking.

“Go search girlfriend.”

“I want to, but there is no one who wants me.”

“Then you need to work harder. It took me two years to convince her to be with me,”  Jun Su said and Jong In just nodded lazily as he was still working on the wrapping.

“Why are you here?”  Li Yin asked after they sat down.

“Why? Why can’t I visit my fiancée?”

“Well, you must be busy with your work, so I think—“

“I can be busy but you are the most important thing for me, Li Yin-ah. I have to see you every day.”  Li Yin blushed hard. Yes, Jun Su was the kind of this guy. But, he genuinely said it; you can see it from his eyes.

“How’s the preparation, then?”  Jun Su asked. Li Yin just nodded lightly, “I have called my senior to make the wedding cake and she said she was ready to give us a big discount,”  Jun Su smiled, “and then about the venue, it is fixed. Sun Young helped me more and I got the perfect place for us. It is a garden so yes we will have a garden party.”

“What about Jong Dae-sshi? Is he coming for this?”

“No, he said he had to prepare his moving to Seoul, but he hasn’t contacted me since.”

“Li Yin-ah, are you sure he is happy about this?”  Jun Su asked. Li Yin looked up and saw Jun Su’s concern eyes.

“Oppa, what do you mean? Of course he is happy. He is just so busy with everything. He has Jin Ri-sshi and she needs someone who she can rely onto. You should know her story; I know this after Jong Dae told me when we visited his house.

Jin Ri and this particular Chinese guy had been in relationship since they were in high school and suddenly, the guy vanished without any words. Jin Ri had sent her letters to his hometown which said that she carried his baby but there was no reply. Townspeople were out casting them but Jong Dae’s mom felt pity of them, since Mrs. Choi is a widow and she has no one left to support them. So she recommended her to Jong Dae who worked alone and he gladly accepted them, and so she is becoming Jong Dae’s responsibility.”

Jun Su lazily heard the story of Jin Ri. He didn’t ask about Jin Ri; he asked about Jong Dae. Since the first time they saw each other, Jun Su could feel this distant feeling Jong Dae had given him. He suspected that Jong Dae had feelings, intimate feelings, to be exact, to Li Yin, but the girl didn’t realize it.

Jun Su just needed some proofs, but Jong Dae hid it too well. He had never met Jun Su after Li Yin asked him to become her man of honor, so he couldn’t see Jong Dae more.

“Okay, but he needs to be here, at least when we are married.”

“He promised me that. He will be there, I promise you,”  Li Yin touched and caressed his hand, to make him assured that Jong Dae would come. Li Yin herself wasn’t quite sure about Jong Dae, but she still kept her hope that Jong Dae would show himself more, as he would move to Seoul. Not that she knew, Jong Dae had been living in Seoul.

Jin Ri and Chan Yeol arrived at the same time as Jun Su walked out from the shop. Jin Ri smiled and bowed lightly to Jun Su, but Jun Su didn’t know who she was, so he didn’t know and just smiled lightly.

“You know him?”  Chan Yeol whispered.

“He is the fiancée.”

“Ah, I got it.”  Chan Yeol had been lectured by Jin Ri about the truth, so he knew the real deal between these people.

Jin Ri opened the door and Li Yin looked so surprised. “Hey! You are Jin Ri, right?”

“Yes, Miss Zhang.”

“Call me unnie, please. And who is he?”  She asked after Chan Yeol came into the bakery.

“He is my doctor. His name is Park Chan Yeol, and he is also Jong Dae oppa’s senior in the university.”

“Is he?”  Li Yin was so cheerful, Chan Yeol thought, “welcome then! I will ask Jong In to prepare some cookies for you. I will be with you two shortly.”  Jin Ri and Chan Yeol sat down. Not long after that, a young man came with two cups of tea, but Jin Ri said that she needed mineral water, and Jong In did give her the water after that.

“Well, why are you coming here? Where is Jong Dae?”  Li Yin asked as she sat down.

“He is in our new house.”

“What? You all have moved?” 

“Yes, unnie.”

“Why doesn’t he call me?”

“He is so tired. He will call you.”

“Why are you here, Jin Ri-ah? Is there something happened or—?”

“There is something happened, unnie. Listen to me.”  Jin Ri sighed, “you know that Jong Dae oppa really treasures you and loves you, right?’

“Of course. I love him too.”

“But…..do you know that he loves you more?”

“What do you mean?”

“Unnie, Jong Dae oppa loves you as a woman.”  Jin Ri shortly said that, and it took some time for Li Yin to understand that fully.

She then gasped and shook her head, “you must be joking, right?”

“Why would I?”  Jin Ri yelled, “Have you had never thought why he suddenly avoids you? He is hurt with you and your fiancée and your marriage plan. Have you had any idea that he has loved you since you two were kids? He patiently was waiting for your come back and when you did, you suddenly brought a stranger whom you claimed to be your boyfriend! Can you imagine how hurt he is? And you asked him to become you man in honor! Do you know what he feels? I have seen him drowning himself at his work and he rarely eats and sleeps! I am grateful that I have an angel like him and I don’t want to see him sad, but look what you have done!” 

Chan Yeol wasn’t prepared for sudden burst of Jin Ri so he held her to calm down. He really didn’t want Jin Ri to bear her child in that bakery.

“W…hat?”

“You didn’t expect it, don’t you? Yes, he loves you as a woman, since you two were kids. He was waiting for you and expecting to tell his feelings once you came back but you did it with bringing another guy. He is always the nice guy as he just keeps his silence in order to see you happy! But I can’t help it! I can’t see him sad every day so I think this is the right choice. I asked Doctor Park to accompany me here since he is the only reliable person that Jong Dae oppa thinks that can take me out.”

“Are you telling the truth?”  Li Yin asked again. She suddenly felt like a pang in her heart. It was like her eyes were open fully and she understood Jong Dae’s reasons for avoiding to meet her. She suddenly realized everything.

Jin Ri nodded.

Li Yin felt confused in her mind and her heart. She suddenly thought she couldn’t choose anymore, or think anymore. 

 

 

 

 


@nizzyool: I will not kill him hahahaha, do not make me to really kill him in this story hehe....and about the scholarship, he will still take it, don't worry :) about exo's comeback, yes I have heard that kind of concept too and I think that is the real one (or the closest one). I have heard Overdose (from the leaked video) and I can say I am really anticipating the MV and the album! I didn't like the teasers so the video made my day! 

 

and for others, thank you so much! Please comment!!!! Thank you :DDD

 

PS. Can you suggest who the baby's father is? I have given another crucial hint (I guess) and for your information, Jong Dae's childhood house has a lot of foreign neighbors, so having chinese neighbors are common thing there.....I have seen that kind of neighborhood in the city where I live so I think I can feature it here :D 

 

HAVE YOU SEEN CHENYIN MOMENTS IN THAT JACKIE CHAN CONCERT (I don't know the name, or I am lazy to remember it XD)? They are so cute! this is the gif set that I really like

and kyungsoo's eyes and smile (I will smile like that if I see my friend bravely approaches her crush, just saying *ignore my wild imagination, kyungsoo just smiled*) *giggling happily*

 

 

 

 

thank you

XOXO