{Melinda} I love you Bestfriend

EXO ONESHOT COLLECTION BATCH 1

“Minyoung! Ya! Han Minyoung! MINNIE!! Wait Up!” Baekhyun shouted calling you as he runs trying his best to catch up with you.

You stopped walking and turns to him after hearing him call you. He manages to catch up with you but he was catching his breath from all the running.

“Let me guess, you turned off your alarm and went back to sleep?” you said folding your arms in-front of your chest and raised an eyebrow at him

“Well… I-I” you cut him off.

“Look at you! You’re a mess, your uniform is a total mess and you haven’t fixed your necktie properly” you said fixing him. All he did was scratch the back of his neck and smiled sheepishly letting you fix him.

“Look you are sweating a lot, do you want to attend school smelly?” you added wiping his sweat with your handkerchief

He pinched your cheeks after you were done fixing his uniform. “What shall I do if I don’t have you around Minnie?” he said.

“You’ll be a messy and smelly Bacon” you teased.

“Wae!? Why do you treat me like that?” he frowned and pouted at you making you laugh a bit at his cuteness.

“Stop being such a baby Baekkie. Now hurry up or we’ll be late for school” you said grabbing his arm and drags him to school.

 

Baekhyun was your best friend ever since you were still in Grade School. He was a new kid back and he was a shy type making other kids laugh and . You were the only one who approached him asking him to be your friend.

 

~flashback~

“Annyeonghaseyo, what’s your name? By the way I’m Han Minyoung” you said to the kid who was sobbing at the corner.

“A-annyeong, my name is B-Byun B-Baek h-hyun” he replied between sobs.

“Huh? Byun B-Bacon?” you asked in confusion.

“ANI! BAEKHYUN!” he shouted and starts to cry again.

You started to panic upon seeing him cry, you tried your best to calm him down. “aaaa…. Mianhaeyo Baekhyun-ah, I just misheard your name, please stop crying, Mianhae, I just wanted to be your friend don’t have any bad intentions, I never meant to call you bacon” you said.

He stopped crying hearing what you said and tuned to you sniffing. “Friend? Y-you want me to be y-your f-friend?” he asked. You nodded and smiled at him.

His frown turns into a smile as he looks at you. You felt relieved seeing him smile as he offers you his hand for a handshake.

~end of flashback~

 

Baekhyun was a cry baby and you were always there to protect him whenever other kids would bully him. Well that was way back when the bot of you were still in Grade School. Now that you were in High School he had changed a lot and he was the one protecting you even though sometimes he can be unorganized.

He had grown to be very fine young man and he had made many friends which they call themselves EXO. They even made a band and he was one of the vocalists and also the pianist of the band. But even though he has a group of his own he was still your best friend that he really counts on. You have your own friends and they understand your relationship with Baekhyun.

 

“Minnie, Open up” Baekhyun said knocking on your balcony door in your room.

“Baekkie, what are you doing here?” you ask in a whispery tone as you open the door letting him in.

“I need your help with our homework” he said making himself comfortable in your couch.

Suddenly your mom knocks on your door and opened it. She saw Baekhyun in your room and smiled at him while you had a mini heart attack thinking your mom would scold you seeing a guy inside your room.

“Oh, Baekhyun dear, you’re here, have you eaten dinner?” your mom ask.

“Annyeong auntie, yup I’m done, I’m just here to ask for Minnie’s help with our homework” he calmly replied.

“Minyoung sweetie, dinner is ready downstairs, you can get your dinner there and just bring it here in your room so that you and Baekhyun can start with your homework” your mom said turning to you.

“O-Okay Eomma” you responded and your mom left the room.

 

Ever since you and Baekhyun became best buddies, he would always go to your house passing through your balcony. He had even attached a rope ladder for him to climb easily. It was okay back when you were still little kids but now that you are growing teenagers it was kind of inappropriate that he should barge in your room without asking permission from you.

“You should have used the main door if you wanted to come here” you said glaring at him.

“Why? I always use your balcony every time I wanted to see you, what’s the problem with that?” he asks smiling. You just groan in frustration heading your way out of your room to get your dinner.

 

After you had finished your homework you started to fix all your things for tomorrow’s school. Baekhyun then stretched his body and made his way to your bed.

“Baekkie! What do you think you are doing?” you ask him raising a brow at him.

“I’m going to bed now, I’m tired” he innocently answered.

“That is not your bed, you have your own in your house, get out of my bed and go home” you demanded and pointed the balcony telling him the way out.

“You are such a meanie, Minnie, why are you so tense all of a sudden? We always do this way back when we were still kids” he said not even moving out of your bed. “And we are still kids at heart” he added and grinned.

“Aigoo, that’s different Baekkie, We are already teenagers, you’re a boy and I’m a girl. Don’t you see the point here that it is already inappropriate that you should be sleeping here in my room. Most especially on MY BED!” you explain emphasizing your bed.

But he just ignored you and made himself comfortable in your bed. You groan in frustration making your way to your bathroom to wash up before going to bed.

“Go home, Baekhyun, You are not a kid anymore, you better be gone when I’m through here” you shouted inside your bathroom.

 

After you were done washing up and had put on your fresh pajamas you shouted again checking if he was still there.

“Baekkie!? Are you still there? Byun Baekhyun?” you shouted but there was no response.

Good! He must have gone home.  You thought smiling.

But you were wrong, when you went out of the bathroom you still saw him in your bed. You rushed to him and wanted to shove him off. He was already

 

Lying comfortably

 

Sleeping

 

Snoring softly

 

You smiled shaking your head feeling defeated. You look at him sleeping like an angel. He was so harmless that he can’t even kill a fly. You giggled softly then brushes his hair away from his forehead and cover his body with a blanket tucking him.

“Jaljayo Baekkie” you whispered.

You took an extra pillow and blanket out of your closet and made yourself comfortable in your couch letting yourself drifted to dreamland.

 

Baekhyun slowly opened his eyes realizing that it was already morning. He turns to the side table to look at the time and it was six in the morning. He found a sticky note on the lamp shade taking it and read what you have written on it.

Baekkie,
                did you sleep well on my bed? I hope so. You are such a sly; I just couldn’t win over you. I hope you are reading this early in the morning. I hope you won’t go back home and sleep then come rushing again making yourself a total mess. Kekeke, let’s go to school together later, Arasseo?

                                                                                                                                            Minnie  

He smiled after he was done reading your little note and went toward the couch where you were still sleeping soundly. He softly caresses your cheeks and pecks a kiss on your forehead. He then made his way out of your room through your balcony. He picked one flower and places it on your balcony and made his way home. He climbed up to his room and made placed the memo note inside the large glass jar along with the other memo notes you have given them in the past.

 

You woke up and saw your bed was already empty. Baekhyun was nowhere in sight your room but he was really considerate enough to fix your bed before he went home. You walked to your balcony to breathe some fresh air and immediately spotted the flower that he picked a while ago. You took it and smelled the flowers scent; you made your way to you cabinet where your large books were located. You took one and inserted the flower on one of the pages of the book along with the other flowers that you have received from Baekhyun.

 

“Minyoung sweetie, get down here now, Baekhyun is already here” your mom called you from downstairs. You immediately made your way to the living room surprised to see Baekhyun.

“Annyeong Minnie, I’m here to pick you up, you said we will go to school together” he said.

“This is so unlike you Baekkie” you giggled. You bid your parents goodbye and drag Baekhyun out of your house and made your way to school.

 

You and Baekhyun arrive and entered the classroom. After few minutes your teacher entered the room along with a new student. Baekhyun’s eyes widen seeing the new girl. You smiled after you have recognized who she was. The teacher introduced her to the whole class and let her sit.

 

During break, you approach the new girl to her seat and greeted her. Her name was Kim Junhee who was your friend when you had your summer classes back in Gangnam. Junhee was really happy to see you and you were also at the same class as hers. When Baekhyun notice that you were close to the Junhee, he approached you and you introduce them to each other.

“Oh, Baek, you’re here, meet Junhee, She’s a friend of mine when I had summer classes in Gangnam” you said and Baek bowed to her.

“Junhee-ah, this is my best friend Byun Baekhyun” you said and she bowed to him. She then turns to you ignoring Baekhyun asking you to have lunch with her later.

 

After class you and Junhee walked out of the classroom and Baekhyun had joined you. You turn to your watch and looked at the time. You then told Baekhyun that he should made his way to meet the other boys leaving him in the hallway. Junhee became confused when you left Baekhyun.

“Are you not going home with him?” she asks.

“Nope, I’m heading home first, he still has band practice” you answered.

“Band practice? He has a band?” Junhee curiously ask.

“Yup, he is actually one of the vocalists and also the pianist” you replied.

 

You then bumped into someone and you immediately bowed to apologize. The guy turns to you and you saw that it was Jong Dae or Chen, also a vocalist of EXO. Chen smiled at you and told you that it was okay. You and Junhee then headed your way out of the school and went home.

 

Chen actually had a crush on you but he knew that you will never accept his feelings because he knew that your heart only belongs to one person, and that was your best friend, Byun Baekhyun. Even though he knows that he doesn’t have any chance with you he still treats you well. 

 

After a few weeks Baekhyun confessed his feelings about Junhee to you. He said that he likes her and wanted to ask for your help to get a bit closer to Junhee. Even though it was a little painful for you, you agreed to help him and arranged a dinner date for the two of them.

Junhee in the other tells you how she thinks about Baekhyun and you as a nice friend would just listen to her. But as the days pass your help had improve the gap between Junhee and Baekhyun. You call yourself stupid for helping Baekhyun even though it hurts you, but you know he will never see as more than a friend. Yes, your feel jealous but you keep it inside.

 

Chen on the other hand had noticed the way you acted whenever you see Baekhyun and Junhee together. He would often approach you and talks to you. He was a good friend and would always listen to your heartaches. You trusted him with you secret knowing he will keep it.

When Baekhyun started to date Junhee you knew that you will never have a chance with him. So you tried to open your feelings towards Chen but it was still not working. You were just fooling yourself by forcing yourself to love someone when your heart tells you that only Baekhyun fits inside your heart. But you were still lucky that Chen was very understanding and became your crying shoulder.

 

EXO had planned to go on a trip out of town.  Chen had invited you to come along and you never think twice to accept the offer.  But you were surprised to see that Junhee was also invited by Baekhyun making you regret. You tried your best to distract yourself and focus on Chen.

Remember Minyoung it was Chen who invited you not Baekhyun. You said to yourself. 

Everyone enjoyed the trip most especially you. Being with Chen was great but you still couldn't help take glances at Baekhyun a Junhee who were also having the time of their lives. You turn to Chen who was grilling some pork. He was so focused that you suddenly pinched his nose making him scream and you laugh at him. His nose had already turned red like a tomato making you laugh even harder.

Baekhyun saw what you did to Chen making him smile. He misses those days when the two of you were pinching each other's nose whenever you play a game and if one of you loses. He turns to Junhee who was busy reading a book; he decided to pinch her nose but ended up being showed off by the girl. He sighed a little and turns his gaze to you and Chen who were enjoying yourselves. 

 

"Minne! Wait up!" Baekhyun called you as he runs towards you. You stopped walking and turn to him. You felt your heart skip a beat seeing him approach you.

"Hi Baekkie," you said smiling at him.

"Let's go home together" he said grabbing your hand surprising you.

"Are you not going home with Junhee?" you ask him as he drags you out of the school.

"Not today, she has other business to attend to," he answered. "Oh! Does Chen takes you home after school?" he asked looking at you.

You look back at him and shook your head. “Ani, He does offer me a ride home but I always decline him" You replied making him smile.

You were really happy that after a long time he once again brought you home. Ever since he started dating Junhee he hardly spends time with you. You felt your knees weaken when he bid you goodnight before he left your house. You started to appreciate even the tiniest act he does for you.

 

Baekhyun has a beautiful singing voice making him one of the vocals of his band; but you too have a beautiful singing voice but you were too shy to show your talent in-front of other people.

"Minyoung-ah, look here, there is a singing contest that will be held Sunday next week and it says here that whoever wins the contest will go under training under SM entertainment” Your friend said showing you the flyer.

“That’s nice” you responded ignoring the flyer.

“Super nice, and we are planning to sign you up” Your other friend said.

You jerk from your seat hearing what she said. “MWOYA!? No way! You know I’m too shy doing that” you protested.

“Oh come on Minyoung, we all know that you always wanted to be a singer and just think about it this is your opportunity” another friend of your explained to you.

“This is a once in a lifetime opportunity, just give it a try. You can’t just hide inside your shelf forever” another one said trying to convince you.

You turn your attention to the flyer and thought about what your friends told you. They were all right, it’s a chance for you to let your talent out and be a singer. You look at them smiling and told them that you agreed on joining the contest making your friends squeal in happiness.

 

A night before the competition Baekhyun paid you a visit in your room. You were surprised seeing him inside your room asking for your help with your homework. While the two of you were doing your homework you turn to hi who was very focused on his homework.

"Ya! Baekhyun are you..."

"Don't worry I'll go home after we are through with my homework" he said smiling at you as she pinches your cheeks making you blush all of sudden.

"A-ah okay" you awkwardly responded.

You felt a bit awkward having him around after a long time. You can feel your heart was already pounding very hard inside your chest. You turn to the side and found the flyer of the contest. You remembered that you haven't told him about you joining the contest. You were about to grab the flyer but he had manage to take it first.

"Huh? What is this Minnie? A singing contest?" he asks turning to you.

"Wel I-I..." you tried explaining to him and started to blush again.

"Did you join the contest?" he excitedly asks.

"Yes, I did, well just a try" you answered.

"WOAH! That’s great Minnie, I'm so happy for you and it's tomorrow night right?" he said looking at the flyer again.

You nodded. "Ya! I expect to see you there and watch me, arasseo!?"You said pouting at him.

"Of course I will, I would never miss id for the world" he chuckled pinching your cheeks.

"But I don't want you to bring Junhee with you, I miss my best friend and I want your attention only to me" you demanded cupping his cheeks.

"Arasseo, arasseo, don't be jealous Minnie, I promise" he chuckled.

 

The contest is about to start just in a few minutes. You were already getting nervous just by looking at the audience. Your parents and friends were already seated at the audience waiting for the contest to start. You were at the backstage getting yourself ready and you can see the audience there. You keep scanning through the scan but you can't still see where Baekhyun is. You also spotted Chen in the crowd along with his band mates.

"Contestants get ready, we will start in 5 minutes" the staff said.

 

The contest had started and you were second to perform but Baekhyun hasn't arrive yet.

Baekhyun where are you? You promised me.

 

The Emcee had announced that it was contestant number two to perform and it was you. You headed your way to the stage an immediately spotted Baekhyun joining the audience along with Junhee holding hands.

They smiled at you signaling you to do your best but you felt angry seeing them together. He broke his promise to you and it hurt you a lot. Your music had started to play but you didn’t sing making the judges and the audience wonder. Instead you held the microphone and spoke.

“Jwesonghamnida (I’m sorry)” you said bowing to everyone and left the stage making everyone bewildered especially Baekhyun. He excused himself and followed you outside.

 

“Minyoung-ah wait!” he called you as he spotted you walking away. You stopped once you heard him. He then approaches you and asked. “Why did you walked out of the stage, it was your chance” he said.

“I changed my mind and it is none of your business” you coldly answered not looking at him.

It took him by surprise hearing your cold tone. He grabs your hand letting you face him. “What’s wrong with you? I thought you wanted to sing?” he asked you.

“You were late” you answered.

He smiled hearing your childish answer. “Okay, I’m sorry if I’m late, I have to fetch Junhee at her house” he responded.

“And you promised me not to bring her with you” you angrily shouted and pushed him.

Baekhyun was really confused with your weird actions. You never acted this way before and would risk something you like with just a small discrepancy.

“Just listen to my explanation please; I brought Junhee with me because I wanted to tell you that she’s already my girlfriend. I want you to be the first to know because you are my best friend” he said smiling at you.

Hearing those words from him completely broke your heart. You lowered you head and told him to leave you. He asked you if you’re happy for him but you didn’t answer him instead you pushed him away from you. He grabs your wrist trying his best to let you face him. You wanted lose yourself form his grip but he was strong for you.

“What’s wrong with you Han Minyoung? This is so not like you, what happened to my best friend Minnie?” He worriedly asked.

“That’s right Byun Baekhyun; I am your best friend! Only your best friend! The person you approaches whenever you have problems; the person you approaches when you need something and that’s will I ever be in your eyes” you said tears were already b down you face.

“Minnie…” he gently said.

“Don’t call me Minnie! I was never worth for you Baek, and you will never see more than just your best friend; I just made a stupid mistake in my whole life for falling in love with my bestfriend!” you shouted making his eyes widen in surprise.

“Now that you know how I feel, I just wish you happiness with your Junhee and stay away from my life forever” you added shoving him off and leaving him stunned to his feet, speechless.

 

After that incident you avoided Baekhyun and you even remove the rope ladder in your balcony. You never talked to him or even take any glance at him during class. You pretended that he never existed.

Baekhyun on the other hand regretted what he did, he actually likes you but he was too afraid to tell you about his feelings because he might ruin your friendship.

He always saw you with Chen and he felt jealous seeing you happy with him. Junhee also noticed that Baekhyun had changed; he sometimes ignores her whenever they are alone together.

 

The days passed, you spend more time with Chen telling him your pain. He completely understands you and tries his best to comfort you. He was a great friend and a crying shoulder.

 

Few days left before graduation and Junhee was already out of patience towards Baekhyun. She had decided to end their relationship. She knew that you and Baekhyun were not in good terms making him a mess.  Baekhyun apologized to her and she totally accepted it. She even told him that he should tell his feeling to you before he would regret everything again.

Baekhyun took Junhee’s advice and decided to tell you his feelings during the graduation party that his band would held. He knew that Chen will really invite you and it will be his chance to ask forgiveness and confess.

 

During the party Baekhyun was restless on his chair as he tries to scan you through the crowd. Chanyeol one of his band mates noticed and told him to ask Chen. To his surprise Chen told him that you won’t be able to come because you were preparing to leave tomorrow for England.

“You got to be kidding me Jong Dae, what will she do in England?” Baekhyun said grabbing Chen by the collar.

“Calm down Baek, she told me that she will study college there to escape her life here. She doesn’t want to tell you all about this but I have no choice since you’re the only one who can stop her” Chan said.

“What do you mean?” Baek asked letting go of the other’s collar.

“Minyoung still love you. She was really hurt when Junhee became your girlfriend, but no matter how she avoids you deep in her heart she still loves you, so Baekhyun, you’re the only one who can stop her from leaving” Chen said.

 

Without thinking twice Baekhyun left the party and headed straight to your house. But to his luck no one was home at the moment because your family had taken you out for dinner.

“Are you going to be okay there sweetie?” Your mother asked.

“Of course Eomma, ahjumma will be there, I promise I’ll call often” You answered.

“Miyoung, be good there, But you can still turn back” Your dad said.

“Appa, Please just let me go” you said giving your parents a hug.

 

On the other hand Baekhyun was already rushing to the airport to stop you. He had borrowed his parents’ car just to be there. He has only 15 minutes left before you leave.

Your parents didn’t enter the airport anymore because it was too hurtful for your mom to see you leave. You bid them goodbye and made your way inside the airport. When you were about to enter the boarding area you heard someone calling you.

“MINYOUNG!! HAN MINYOUNG!!” You turned to see that it was Baekhyun rushing towards you. You were really surprise that he had come to the airport.

“Minyoung, don’t go, you don’t have to do this” he said begging.

“Baekhyun, what are doing here?” you ask in confusion.

“I’m here to stop you from leaving. Please Minyoung-ah, don’t do this” he said.

“I have to Baekhyun, this is for the best” you said turning away from him but he immediately pulled you and embraces you making you surprise.

“Please, I beg you don’t leave me, Call me the stupidest jerk in the planet for not telling you how I really feel. I was just afraid that if I tell you how I feel I will just ruin our friendship and I was really wrong. Believe me Minyoung I regretted it all. I love you Minyoung-ah, don’t leave me” he said and you can see that he was already teary.

“Baekhyun…” you were out of words hearing everything he said. You felt your heart melt hearing that he loves you and if it were a dream you wish you would never wake up.

 

You ask him about Junhee and he stopped you from talking. He told you that they were over and Junhee was even the one who told him to tell his feelings towards you. You tried to hold on to your tears but it was too impossible. You never think twice on hugging him and buried your head on his chest bursting into tears.

“Baekhyun, you don’t know how happy I am hearing those words from you” you said.

“I know Minyoung-ah, I know” he replied.

Without a moment wasted, he cupped your cheeks and kissed you. You smiled under the kissed and kissed him back deepening the kiss. Both of you didn’t bother if there were people around you all you care was that finally both of you were true to each other’s feelings.

 

Both of you break from the kiss and look each other in the eyes. He smiled at you and smiled back. He planted a kiss on your forehead and wipes your tears.

“I love you, Minnie” he said.

“I love you too Baekkie” you replied blushing.

 All of a sudden you heard your name being page for your flight to England. The two of you laughed ignoring the page. Baekhyun took your luggage and intertwined his fingers to yours.

“Let’s go home” he said.

You smiled and nodded. “Yeah, let's go home” you replied and the both of you headed out of the airport.


Hi there Melinda
I'm done with your request
sorry if it took so long
but I hope you like it
please UPVOTE if you think it was great
THANK YOU ^_^

Poster credit to: awkwardloser@first snow graphics