Surprising dreams

The Bet

Aaron quickly pulled away from the kiss, and the door opened. The person was obviously impatient.
“Aaron, why haven’t you been answering…? Wu Ying Jie?” it was Hebe, obviously, and she didn’t seem happy about the blushing Gui Gui being there.
“Yeah, it’s her, problem?” Aaron asked. He honestly wanted to kick Gui Gui and tell her to stop acting stupid, but that would sort of ruin everything.
“Yeah, problem. I think you still remember what I told you, Aaron Yan, I also think that you remember the promise you made me at my 12-years birthday party.” Hebe said. When she mentioned the promise Aaron seemed to become tense all over his body. No one in the room even noticed the beautiful sunset they could see very clearly from the room. The clouds were almost pink.
“May I ask…?” Gui Gui started, but of course she didn’t get to finish, as Hebe cut her off.
“No you may not, little .” She said. That was when Aaron got mad, as Hebe was in no place to insult his girlfriend, even though it was a fake relationship.
“Leave, or I’ll call security” Aaron said. He tried to sound calm, but the anger was very clear in his voice.
“You really dare to?” Hebe asked, and pushed Gui Gui to see some reaction. Aaron pushed a red bottom on his wall, right next to a wall socket, with the letter ‘s’ on it, that was short for security.
“I obviously do” Aaron smirked. Hebe rolled her eyes, and Gui Gui were watching them like they were a movie.
“Oh, Aaron by the way… you shouldn’t use pale pink lipgloss, it isn’t your color… it looks weird on you” Hebe said and smirked. That was when the security entered the room.
“Please show Miss Tian the door” Aaron said and smiled at them. Hebe looked like someone had mistreated her.
“I’ll remember this, Aaron Yan!” Hebe shouted, while the security carried her out.
“Then remember it, Hebe Tian. I’ll also remember the way that you treated my girlfriend, and remember to inform your father about your rudeness” Aaron answered calmly. Gui Gui didn’t know what to say or think, but she knew that she liked that Aaron defended her.
“Why are you looking at me like that?” Aaron asked her. He faked a shy tone and smiled at her. The security had already left the room.
“No reason…”

“So, Wu Ying Jie, tell me about you” Aaron’s mother said during dinner. Aaron’s father hadn’t returned from work yet, which calmed Gui Gui down a bit, as she didn’t have to look the man in the eyes that tried to kill her father.
“Well, I’m Wu Ying Jie. I’m sixteen years old, and have four siblings… and two parents, of course… I go to Aaron’s school where I have the best friends ever, named Alien Huang, Joanne Zeng and Qiu Sheng Yi…” Gui Gui said. She purposely tried to avoid talking about the fact that her family was poor.
“Oh, I see… then what about your family? How’s your life?” Aaron’s mother asked her with a warm smile on her face.
“Well, my father is hospitalized, my mother works in a huge company, my siblings goes to school…” she said, trying to be as neutral as possible.
“I see... why is your father hospitalized?” Aaron’s mother asked.
“He… got beaten up by the boyfriend of a woman he… Uhm… Took care of” Gui Gui said. She could see in Aaron’s mother’s face that she didn’t know, and she didn’t feel a need to tell her.
“I see… That’s terrible… Do you know the name of the man? I’m sure my husband can take care of him” Aaron’s mother said, and sounded worried.
“I think it was one of Hebe’s father guys, but I’m not sure…” Aaron said quickly. It was important that his mother didn’t find out about the real reason.
“Oh well… Mr. Tian’s gang is well-known for being especially violent… I apologies for whoever did it” Aaron’s mother said and smiled warmly. Gui Gui thought about how a person who was so nice could’ve married a gangster who cheated on her.
“Thank you, but you really don’t need to…” Gui Gui said, and tried to smile.
“Thanks for the food… it had a very good taste” Gui Gui added. Aaron’s mother smiled at her.
“You’re welcome” Aaron’s mother said and smiled at her.

Gui Gui sat alone in her room and thought about things. She didn’t feel home in Aaron’s mansion, it had a cold feeling that she couldn’t describe. Sure, his mother was nice, but something just seemed wrong. Maybe it was because she knew that Aaron’s father had tried to kill her own father. Maybe she was afraid. It knocked on her door.
“Come in…” she said quickly, and not very loud. The door opened. It was that maid, Selina.
“Miss, Miss Hebe asked me to give you this message” Selina said, and handed Gui Gui a piece of paper.
“Thank you…” Gui Gui said.
“You may leave now” she added, and Selina left the room. Gui Gui looked at the piece of paper. Hebe sure had a beautiful handwriting. She read the message. ‘Meet me tomorrow at nine PM sharp, behind the school. You better be there – Hebe Tian’ it said. Gui Gui didn’t know if she would actually come, as she didn’t know if it was a good idea. She turned the piece of paper around. ‘Oh, and don’t tell Aaron. If he finds out you’ll be dead meat.’ The back of it said. It knocked on the door again.
“Come in!” Gui Gui yelled. Aaron entered the room.
“What’s that?” he asked and looked at Hebe’s message.
“Oh, nothing… just me looking at some old letters” Gui Gui said and hid it behind her back.
“So, how are you? Do you like the house?” Aaron asked her and sat down next to her.
“I do” she said and smiled. She was lying, but only to make him happy.
“That’s good then… my father won’t be coming home to night. Apparently he’s ‘working’” Aaron said and rolled his eyes. Though he tried to look like he didn’t care it was obvious to Gui Gui that he did care.
“Oh… I see” she said and smiled at him. Aaron took her hand.
“I don’t know why my mother keeps on trusting him… It’s obvious that he’s cheating on her, and yet she’s so… Easy to trick” Aaron said and sighed. Gui Gui looked him in his eyes.
“That’s what love is about… trusting each other… my father has had countless affairs, and yet my mother stays with him at the hospital… I’m not even sure that they’re getting divorced like planned anymore” Gui Gui said.
“Not that I care, I left the family already, but… it pisses me off that they only thinks about them self…” She added. Aaron looked at her in a weird way.
“Aren’t you the same by leaving your family?” he asked her.
“Maybe, but if they can be selfish so can I.” Gui Gui said. Aaron nodded at her.
“Sometimes I wonder if it’s even possible not to be selfish… I mean, everyone thinks of them self, right? Buys clothes for them self instead of supporting poor children around the world, buys expensive French food instead of buying foods for poor people…” Aaron admitted. Gui Gui smiled at him. He was actually deeper than she had thought.
“Of course it’s possible… some people dedicate their life to help poor children or sick people…” Gui Gui said.
“Maybe, but it’s only a few… The world is unfair… Who decided that some should be born rich, and some poor? Who decided that some should die young because they couldn’t afford to live, while a rich person can hear about it on TV, say ‘that’s terrible’, and eat some more expensive food?” Aaron asked. This guy really was deep.
“Then… why don’t you help people, Aaron?” Gui Gui asked him. This guy had gotten her curious.
“I will… That’s why I’m working so hard in school… I want to become a doctor and open a children hospital in Africa…” Aaron said.
“Then I want to help you achieving your dream” she answered, smiling. Aaron leaned closer to her.