Better in time

The Bet

The door opened, and Cyndi walked in. She smiled happily, and was carrying a bag full of vegetables.
“Show, there’s some girl on the phone… she really wanted to talk to you. She said that it was important… Please tell me that you didn’t knock her up.” Cyndi said. Show that was usually really tan turn pale very fast.
“Wait… Jolin, Selina, Noel, Megan, Jozie or Tracy?” he asked. Gui Gui laughed. She couldn’t help it; she had never seen a player who was actually a nice person. She was usually watching people like Aaron, Calvin and Jiro who weren’t the least nice, but Show was just like an older brother.
“How do you even remember their names?” Cyndi asked him. Show shrank his shoulders and took the cordless phone from Cyndi’s hand. He sighed, and started talking.
“Hello, honey” he said. Cyndi rolled her eyes and laughed at Gui Gui.
“Hey, Even, will you please accompany me and mum cooking? Show can’t cook, and we could really use an extra hand in the kitchen” she said. Gui Gui looked at Show, who was speaking happily with some girl that he would probably dump in a few days.
“I miss you to, honey” she heard him say. He sounded just like Calvin or Jiro on the phone. But he wasn’t as arrogant as them.
“Oh, but Gui, before you’re helping us I need to tell you about our school, and especially, our class. We have these preppy girls who thinks that they rule the school just because they’re pretty, but don’t mind them, really… The leader in our class, who’s extremely harmless, is named Janel. The only reason that she’s popular is that her older sister, Jolin, actually does rule the school. Jolin is also Show’s official girlfriend… The second member of ‘the clique’ is named Sunnie. Sunnie used to be nice, but got obsessed with beauty as she dated this Taiwanese player named Jiro Wang…” Cyndi didn’t get to finish before Gui Gui started talking.
“Wait… She dated Jiro?! No way, he’s probably the most annoying guy on earth! Well, if we don’t bring Aaron to the scale, of course…” Gui Gui said. Cyndi laughed.
“Anyways, she’s now on their side. Then there’s Vivian. The youngest girl Show has ever dated. She skipped a grade, as she’s actually extremely smart, but she doesn’t ever show it. Then there’s Megan, an annoying wannabe who dates a rich guy with power named Vic, and Kirsten Ren… She has an older sister named Selina, who Show is dating, and goes to your old school…” Gui Gui looked stunned.
“Selina?! Hebe’s friend Selina?” she asked.
“Yeah, her…” Cyndi answered.
“Honey, it’s just my sister and her friend who’s staying with me, I don’t date other girls… Sel baby, how do you know her name?” they heard Show ask the girl. Cyndi laughed tauntingly. A moment after, Show looked at Gui Gui and gave her the phone.
“Selina wants to talk to you” he said and sighed. Gui Gui just nodded and took the phone.
“Gui, how are you?” Selina asked her, laughing. Gui Gui found it a bit odd that Selina could recognize her voice so easily.
“I’m okay… How about you guys? How’s Hebe doing? Has Aaron jumped out off the closet yet?” she asked. Selina laughed.
“We’re just fine, though it’s lonely without you… Everyone keeps on talking about why you left… There have been a lot of weird rumors. Some says that you went to Tibet to become a nun; some says that you are now going to an all girls’ school, and then again there’s those who says that you and Aaron left to Africa to get married in a tribe and live happily ever after… And then there are the nasty things that I don’t want to mention. Like what Candice Liu said.” Selina said and sighed.
“What did Candice say? I can take it.” Gui Gui said.
“That you went to Europe to get a gender-change-operation as Aaron weren’t gay, so you guys could finally be together… Of course no one believes her… She’s still less powerful than me, Hebe and Ella who’s saying stuff about her to minimize her power level… Hebe has been looking for you, and payed expensive detectives to find you. They didn’t, which is good as that means that Aaron won’t find you… he’s looking for you, by the way.” Selina said. Gui Gui probably felt just as shocked as she looked, but no one actually ever found out if she did. And then the bomb blew.
“HE FREAKING CHEATED ON ME AND ONLY DATED ME FOR A BET! HOW DARE HE LOOK FOR ME?! HOW DARE HE?!” and then she started feeling her eyes getting wet.
“I know, Gui, I know… And I totally support you, of course I do, but as he’s in Shanghai right now we really cannot stop him…” Selina said. She sounded sorry.
“What is he doing in Shanghai?!”

The next day was Gui Gui’s first day at the new school. It felt like she had animals walking around inside her stomach. She checked out her new school uniform; it was prettier than her old one. It consisted of a green pleated skirt, grey over-the-knee socks, a grey blouse, a green bow tie and a black blazer. It was really, really cute, and it looked really good on her. Show walked out from his room. The boys’ uniform looked a little different. They were wearing green pants, a grey shirt and a green tie. It was actually pretty boring, but she thought that it was better than the one the boys wore in her old school.
The bus ride to her new school weren’t considered funny. There were way too many people on the bus, so they were almost mashed together. If it hadn’t been for Show and Cyndi Gui Gui wouldn’t have gotten out from there alive.
“The school is this way” Cyndi said at the bus stop. Gui Gui followed her, and so did Show. Show looked really jolly; he was on the phone with some random girl.
“I promise you honey, I’ll have time to see you soon… but right now I have to prepare for my midterm exams” he explained to the girl.
“He doesn’t ever prepare for the midterms; it’s just an excuse he uses when he doesn’t think that the girl is good enough for him. He always fails” Cyndi explained. Gui Gui smiled.
“And here we are” Cyndi said, and stopped outside an old building. It looked scary, almost like it wanted to eat someone. Gui Gui watched the people walking around in a scared way. The most of the girls were pale, short and had shiny, black, straight hair. Someone walked their way, and Show hurried to so goodbye to the girl he was on the phone with.
“Show, honey, how are you?” the girl asked him. Show smiled.
“Jolin sweetheart. I’m fine, what about you?” he asked her. She didn’t answer; she just kissed him. Show seemed pretty happy about it. Gui Gui couldn’t help but smirk. Someone walked by.
“Cyndi, I thought of you tomorrow… I think I met your father… in the zoo. He’s the big, muscular guy in the monkey cage, right?” the girl asked. She looked pretty snobby.
“Vivian, if what you don’t know doesn’t hurt you, you must be the most cheerful person on earth” Cyndi answered quickly. Gui Gui looked at the Vivian-girl. Vivian looked back at her.
“You must be the new girl. Welcome to our school…?”
“Even… But my friends calls me Gui Gui” Gui Gui said and smiled. She didn’t want anyone to dislike her at her first day.
“Even? What an interesting name. My name is Vivian, but you can like, call me Viv. My friends do, and you’re defiantly going to be one of them. You’re living with Show Luo, right?” Vivian asked. Gui Gui nodded.
“Yeah, he’s like a brother to me…” she answered.
“Oh my god, really?” Vivian asked. She started to take a better look at Gui Gui. “You have like, really great skin. What products do you use?” she asked.
“Oh, I use this weird spf 40 sunscreen… And then some paling-products, of course. You have really great eyebrows, who do them?” she asked back. Vivian looked surprised in a positive way.
“Oh, my personal stylist… Why don’t you eat lunch with me and my friends?”