I'd love to go

The Bet

Gui Gui was sitting in class and thinking. She couldn’t concentrate, though she and Aaron were finally back together. Something was bugging her, but she didn’t know why, which was bugging her even more.
“Oh, and before you leave my lovely students… The school is having a costume party in exactly two months. You can buy tickets in the office. If you willingly help out with the planning you’ll get tickets for free.” When she said the last thing she looked at Gui Gui who secretly smiled. But the problem was that Gui Gui wasn’t the only one who noticed it.
“Well, that’s a nice offer Wu Ying Jie, what are you going to dress up as, a hobo?” though Gui Gui had always hated Hebe, she hated Petty even more. She sighed. Being Aaron’s girlfriend she had to be abled to offend people back.
“Well, I was thinking about dressing up as a stuck up , but you do that one SO much better than me” Gui Gui said. Some of her classmates laughed. Calvin and Jiro cracked up.
“Eww, it speaks to me, it speaks to me!” Petty yelled and acted like she was scared. Gui Gui rolled her eyes.
“You know what? When I first saw you I thought that you were an annoying stuck up y . I was right. That happens rarely to you, doesn’t it?” Gui Gui asked Petty.
“Well, at least I get what I want, while you can only sit there and do nothing about it. Don’t be surprised when your boyfriend is telling you that he cheated on you, and that I was the girl.” Petty said. Okay, Gui Gui actually liked open war with Petty more than the closed war she had with Hebe. It seemed easier, and everyone knew about it.
“Girls, girls, girls… I’ll have to send you to detention if you keep on like that…” Melody sighed.
“Well, my boyfriend had way better offers than you and, and they got rejected, so for your information, little not-friend, I think I’m safe, thank you very much.” Gui Gui said.
“Well, your boyfriend has not once in his life been abled to ignore me in more than two months, so by the time of the costume party he’ll be mine. And for YOUR information, with a boyfriend like yours you’ll never be safe. Don’t thank me” Petty said and tossed her hair. Gui Gui wanted to hit her, but as this was a verbal war she couldn’t.
“Do you honestly think that you can come to this school and just get everything back that you had in the past? Aaron USED to be yours. Now he’s mine. You can’t change that fact” Gui Gui said and rolled her eyes.
“Girls…”
“We’ll see, Wu Ying Jie, we’ll see.” Petty said and smiled meanly.
“Detention!”

Aaron, Jiro, Chun and Calvin were talking.
“The night of the costume party is in the exactly date of the bet’s end. It’ll be perfect to make her confess that day.” Jiro said and smiled.
“Yeah, and romantic… I’d recommend making her and Hebe friends so she had someone to comfort her.” Calvin said.
“She has friends” Aaron answered coldly.
“If you’re talking about the pathetic people who is walking around and selling her phone number to erted stalkers she has… If you don’t, she doesn’t” Calvin said. Aaron’s cell phone rang. He answered it, though he thought it was just another love confession.
“How did you like my little surprise? She can clearly make Wu Ying Jie confess her love for you.” It was Danson.
“Wait… this is your way of making Gui Gui confess to me? Making Petty Yang appear?” Aaron was in shock. This was just pure evil.
“Did Petty Yang appear? I was talking about Hebe… I made her make Wu Ying Jie think that you love Wu Ying Jie. When did Petty Yang appear?” Danson asked surprised.
“Oh, then bye. Don’t expect me to thank you.” Aaron said arrogantly.
“I never did. I really owe you back. I never even got to thank you back then, so I guess I have to do it now. It still means a lot.” Danson said.
“Well, I hope it does, cause I won’t do it again.” Aaron said coldly. He got goose bumps just thinking about it. It had been terrible. He hung up and called Rainie.
“Hello?” she asked.
“Investigate Petty Yang, and her every move. Find out why she’s back.” Aaron said, as usual, coldly.
“I will, Young Master, but please don’t get involved with that girl again. You know what she did to you. I don’t hope for that to happen again.” Rainie said and sounded worried. She had always worried about Aaron, like he was her baby brother or something.
“I expect you to have results during a week.” Aaron said.
“But… Your family has a private investigator, why are you asking me to do this?” Rainie asked.
“Bye, Rainie.” Aaron said. He hung up and sighed. Wasn’t it obvious why he called Rainie? She was Petty’s cousin, and she knew as well as him that his parents hated Petty more than anything. The hating part was easy to explain; Petty was the daughter of Aaron’s father’s rival, who had tried to kidnap Aaron, Aaron’s mother and Hebe a lot of times.
Aaron looked at his hands when he got a revelation. Hebe got kidnapped just before Petty appeared. Petty and Hebe had always hated each other. Why didn’t he think of that before?!

“Wu Ying Jie, where are you going, eat lunch with us!” someone yelled. Gui Gui had just picked up her lunch and was on her way to her usual table, where Wang Zi, Alien, Joanne and her used to eat. She turned around. Surprisingly the yeller was Ella. Ella, Hebe and Selina were waving and smiling happily. Gui Gui hesitated for a moment, but then walked to their table and sat down.
“Oh my god, Wu Ying Jie, that was so amped!” Ella said and smiled.
“What the hell does amp mean?” Hebe asked and looked arrogantly at Ella.
“Oh, it’s a slang word… It means awesome.” Ella said and smiled. Gui Gui didn’t want to judge anyone, but these girls seemed pretty weird.
“Okay.” Hebe said and starred Ella down.
“So, Wu Ying Jie, how are you and Aaron?” Hebe asked Gui Gui. Gui Gui suddenly found her nails very interesting, and started poking them with a fork.
“We’re okay…” Gui Gui said after some time in silence. She didn’t notice, but she was blushing.
“That’s good. We want to help you getting Petty out of the way. That shouldn’t just flounce around and think that she’s soooo cool” Hebe said and rolled her eyes.
“But… isn’t that what you guys usually do?” Gui Gui asked. She was still looking at her nails.
“Of course not…” Hebe said.
“What does flounce mean?” Selina asked, looking completely lost.
“Sweety, we went through that yesterday” Ella said and smiled sadly at Selina. Gui Gui tried to suppress her laughter. This was so pathetic that it turned sad.

Aaron and Gui Gui were alone for the first time since their little fight. It was awkward, but still nice.
“So, I’ve heard that you ate lunch with Hebe and the girls today… how was it?” Aaron asked.
“Weird… They seem like they’re from a chick flick, or a bestselling teenage novel or something… I mean, Hebe was bossing the others around, Ella was using foreign slang and Selina was asking stupid questions… I’ve seen this movie of a girl who moved from Africa to America, and she got these two pretty nice friends. One day she’s invited to eat lunch with these girls called the plastics… One of them, Regina George, is like, really bossy, but also the most popular girl in the whole school. Another one of them, Gretchen Wieners, is really clingy, dependant of Regina and uses English slang… And the third one, Karen Smith, is really, really intelligent, but she’s actually pretty nice” Gui Gui said. Aaron smiled.
“Mean girls. I’ve seen it 237 times, because Petty was really into that movie… she wanted to become Regina, but no one ever listened to her.” Aaron said and laughed.
“No way! You’ve watched mean girls?! You’re sure full of surprises… Anything else? Like… Do you have a secret twin brother in Norway?” Gui Gui asked laughing.
“No… But I’ve got an invitation to go with me to the costume party” Aaron said and smiled charmingly. No sane girl would be abled to resist that smile. Gui Gui melted.
“You want to take me to the party?” Gui Gui asked. She was moved to tears, but of course didn’t let it show.
“Well, you’re my girlfriend, why are you acting so surprised?” Aaron asked and smiled shyly.
“Aaron? What would you do if another girl showed up and wanted you too? It’s just… Everyone’s interested in you. Some people pretend to be interested in me to get close to you, and… Sometimes I wonder what you would do if someone way better than me showed up and wanted to be your girlfriend.” Gui Gui said and looked embarrassed. She had to ask him. She had been wondering like a crazy person about it, though she never said it out loud.
“Silly girl… of course I’ll stay by your side” – he sat down at the table she was sitting at, to get next to her – “trust me, Wu Ying Jie. I won’t leave you for another girl ever.” He smiled. She felt she could trust him.
“Aaron, I love…” the door to the classroom she was sitting in opened.
“Oh, sorry, I see I’m disturbing…” A girl said. Gui Gui recognized her as one of the most popular girls in school; Candice Liu. There wasn’t a popular guy, except of Aaron, in the school she hadn’t been with.
Candice left the room giggling.
“What were you about to say?” Aaron asked Gui Gui.
“Me? Oh… Just that I’d love to go to the party with you” she said and smiled sweetly. That was a big lie. She wanted to tell him how much she loved him, but she just couldn’t make herself do it. It was too embarrassing.
“I’m very happy to hear that.” He answered. His cell phone started to ring. Gui Gui noticed that his ringtone was Life On Mars by David Bowie. Pretty unusual song to pick in such a young age. Aaron pushed the green bottom.
“I understand. Thank you” he said and hung up.
“Gui, I need to leave, I’m having a family-crisis-thing… Bye” he said and kissed her quickly on the lips, then he left. Gui Gui didn’t leave. She was smiling silly and daydreaming about how soft lips Aaron actually had. How she loved those lips, and the person who owned them.