I hate you

The Bet

“Hello?” Aaron didn’t recognize the voice, but one thing was for sure; it was a boy.
“Why’re you bothering my girlfriend?!” Aaron yelled at the person.
“What are you talking about…? You’re the one calling MY girlfriend!” the guy said.
“Well, my girlfriend received texts from this phone number about untrue stuff!” Aaron yelled. He was really angry with this guy.
“Gosh, stop yelling at me, this is my girl of the week’s cell phone… she’s asleep right now, so she can’t answer her phone!” the guy yelled.
“Can you give me a name?” Aaron asked.
“Dude, she didn’t even give me her name” the guy laughed, and then hang up. Aaron got annoyed and threw the cell phone out of the window. Aaron had quite a huge temper when things didn’t turn out the way he wanted them to. He looked around her room. He actually really did miss her. He just didn’t know what to do about it. Her cell phone was lying in his garden, so he couldn’t contact her. Of course Melody had to make it even worse, not to speak of the boys, and of course Hebe it had to around him all the time, so he didn’t get to stalk Melody and find Gui Gui.
“Why didn’t I think of that before?!” he asked himself, and called his family’s private investigator.
“Hello?”
“I need you to find an address for Miss Melody Yin, and find out about when she’s home, and when she’s not.” Aaron said. He couldn’t believe that he had been so stupid; it was so obvious where she was staying.
“I will, young master, but may I ask why?”
“Bob, asking why isn’t in your job description” Aaron said coldly, and hung up.

Gui Gui was sitting on Melody’s couch, while drinking tea and talking.
“But I still feel bad about staying without paying…” she said, and looked truly sorry. She hated receiving help from others, because of the way she grew up.
“Well, just make sure to clean your own room and it should be fine… As long as you don’t end up like Albee, getting knocked up by a player” Melody said and smiled.
“I still don’t get it… If he’s Jiro’s rival, Aaron would know him. If Aaron knew him, Aaron would’ve warned me about him. If Aaron had warned me about him I would obviously know who he is, but I don’t.” Gui Gui said. She was thinking like crazy.
“Well, he has spent some years in America… Aaron probably didn’t even know that he was back.” Melody said and smiled.
“Oh, okay… But… How long have Jiro seriously been a player if its a few years since his rival left Taiwan?!” Gui Gui asked.
“Well… Jiro actually told me about this when he was hitting on me, and… Let’s just say that it’s been quite a while.” Melody said.
“Did he also tell her that he’s engaged?” Gui Gui couldn’t help but ask. She hated this kind of playboys.
“As a matter of fact he did. But his fiancée has this boyfriend who I know, as he’s one of my best friend’s little brother. He’s okay… I don’t talk to him that much, but he seems nice, though.” Melody said and smiled. Gui Gui was stunned by her network, and by her ability to make people say things.
“Gui Gui, I need to ask you this, though it’s none of my business, and you may find it weird… If someone dated you, only because of a bet, what would you do?” Melody asked her and looked into her eyes.
“Aw, Melody, someone did that to you?” Gui Gui asked and looked worried at her teacher.
“No, but someone did so to a totally innocent person that I know.” Melody said.
“I think I would get that jerk hospitalized after beating him up with a baseball bat, and then send some of my father’s friends from the casino after him” Gui Gui said and smiled secretly about her plan. Melody on the hand looked horrified. Of course she knew something that Gui Gui didn’t, but Gui Gui had looked her straight in the eyes while saying the whole thing, without changing her facial expression. It was actually pretty creepy.

“Wait… He can’t possibly be back, I would know, my girls always talk about him when he’s in Taiwan” Jiro said. The boys were discussing a rumor about Jiro’s playboy-rival being back in Taiwan.
“According to the rumor he knocked some innocent girl up… I wonder who it is” Chun said and yawned.
“Well, he can at least be man enough to pay for the abortion… I always do that… I of course hold the girl’s hand until the operation starts because she’s scared” Calvin said and smiled to himself.
“If she wants and abortion at least” Aaron said. Hebe walked by.
“What are you guys talking about?” she placed her hands on Aaron’s shoulders and started massaging them. Though Aaron was tired of her, it felt rather nice, so he allowed her to continue.
“People say that Danson Tang has returned to Taiwan…” Calvin said in a bored tone. He had his own rivals, and discussing Jiro’s wasn’t really his style.
“He is, I’ve met him… He knows my family, so he stayed overnight in our guestroom. In the morning he randomly started to call me his nameless girlfriend, he even answered my phone, it was so retarded” Hebe said. Aaron suddenly thought about something.
“Hebe, have you ever texted Gui?” he asked her.
“Yeah, I have, why?” Hebe asked.
“Because I called a number that kept on texting her, and it was answered by someone who talked about his nameless girlfriend” Aaron said and rolled his eyes.
“That… Can’t be me, I only asked about… homework, a long time ago” she said and pulled an innocent face. Though Aaron didn’t believe her, he wasn’t in a mood to discuss it anymore.

Aaron, Jiro, Calvin and Chun was sitting it Jiro’s favorite club. Aaron got a call.
“Mr. Yan. I’ve found the information you were looking for.” It was the private investigator.
“Usual place, usual time, and give it to the usual person.” Aaron said. The usual person was his old classmate who used to be friends with Hebe; Rainie. She was working for his father, so he always sent her to get the information he got from Bob. He typed her number, and pushed the green bottom down.
“Hello?” she asked.
“Hello. Meet Bob at the usual place, the usual time. He will hand you some information. Place it at the table next to the bed in the empty room. Make sure not to seen. The key to the backdoor is in the little bow in front of the apple tree” he said. He didn’t know why, but Rainie always took his orders, no matter what they were, even if his father wasn’t involved. She probably knew that Aaron would take over the gang when his father died, probably because of a shot. No one noticed, but there was always some weird men in black suits not long away from Aaron, though they pretended to be either cleaners or substitutes at the school.
“There he is. Danson Tang. The only person who ever managed to never get busted in cheating, though he’s a player” Jiro said and pointed at a guy. He wasn’t too tall, but he was beyond handsome. Aaron thought of warning Gui Gui but figured that it wouldn’t help anyway.
“I never got busted either” Calvin said in an I-am-just-as-great-as-him voice.
“You called one of your girlfriends the wrong name!” Chun said to refresh his memory.
“That one doesn’t count; I was also dating her twin sister!” Calvin talked back. Aaron rolled his eyes. He almost couldn’t wait to see Gui Gui. He didn’t even notice that Danson walked their way, before he was standing in front of them.
“How pitiful to see… four wannabes who doesn’t have any dates” he said arrogant. Jiro, Calvin and Aaron would let their pride be affected like that.
“Well, for your information both Aaron and Chun have girlfriends. Me and Calvin on the other hand, we’re busy. We’re here because of business, not for fun.” Jiro said as his phone rang.
“Baby? How was your day?” he asked.
“Who is it?” Calvin asked.
“Oh, Melody, I’m sorry, I thought you were… Wait; was that Gui in the background? Aaron it looking for her, please tell her to call him” Jiro said. Calvin laughed.
“Still can’t score her?” he asked as Jiro hung up.
“Well, it’s not that she doesn’t want me, it’s just that our school doesn’t allow student-teacher affairs” Jiro said sadly.
“Come on, you’re starting to score your teacher? Please…” Danson said and laughed taunting.
“Jiro, was Gui there? Did Melody tell you how she is?” Aaron asked.
“She warned me. She said that it would be dangerous for her to admit that it’s all a bet or let her find out in any way…” Jiro said.
“Well, how would she find out? She sort of dumped me, and if I don’t get her to confess to me soon I’ll lose a lot of money” Aaron said. Danson looked thoughtful.
“What?” Chun asked.
“Okay, I’m usually not a fan of helping you guys, but I may know how to make her confess her love to you” Danson said.
“How?” Aaron asked him. As soon as it was about Gui Gui his pride wasn’t important.
“I’ll have to do this without any of you guys. But believe me, it works” Danson said and smiled evilly.
“Why would you help Aaron?” Jiro asked, sounding suspicious.
“Because I owe him a favor.” Danson admitted.
“What favor?” Calvin asked.
“Aaron, I’ll need an address for where she’s staying.” Danson said.

The next day Gui Gui was lying in Melody’s couch, eating ice cream. She was only wearing her old Hello Kitty pajamas. It knocked in the door, of course she opened it. To her surprise, Hebe was standing outside the door. She looked sad in a weird way.
“Wu Ying Jie. I hate you” she said.
“Why would you hate me? You’re the one who stole away my boyfriend. It’s your fault that I’m living here. I already lost my chance to see my family, and because of you I can’t see the person I love either. I might as well go kill myself, and yet you say that you hate me?!” she asked. Hebe looked angry.
“Well, it’s your fault that I broke up with Aaron!” Hebe answered.
“What are you talking about? I’ve been at Melody’s home to recover my broken heart. I haven’t even called him, how can it be my fault?” Gui Gui said. Why the heck was Hebe there?
“He kept on talking about you! About how real it felt to kiss you! About how perfect and human you are!” Hebe yelled back. She was now crying. Gui Gui didn’t know why, but she started to feel warm inside.
“He really said that?” she asked dreamingly. She didn’t want to be fooled.
“Do you think I would walk all the way to here in rain if it wasn’t true?! I’m soaking wet, for god’s sake. I HATE YOU!” Hebe said, slapped Gui Gui in the face and walked away. Gui Gui was smiling all over her face. Aaron wanted her. Aaron loved her. She was so happy!