Xiumin - I Am (Not) The Best

Drabble Collection
Please log in to read the full chapter

Minseok’s never gotten used to being second-best, when he really should be first.

He’s always been better at others at many things—better at soccer than Luhan, better at moving his body in certain ways than Jongin, Yixing, and Sehun, and better at being tactful than basically everyone else, except maybe Joonmyun.

But Joonmyun’s basically been raised for that since birth, so he doesn’t really count.

Minseok endures in silence as he watches the other members shine, knowing that as the oldest member, he has a duty to step back and let his dongsaengs take credit where credit is due.

But he’ll be dammed if he doesn’t want recognition too.

He doesn’t want to be a “national trend,” because, quite frankly, he’s never been comfortable under the direct spotlight. It definitely wouldn’t hurt, though, if maybe people stopped looking at his cheeks (both face and ) and started taking notice of what actually lay behind the face.

Because he’s the one that everyone cries to in the middle of the night, but there’s no one left for him to lean on when he’s breaking.

And even though he doesn’t seem important, if he were to break down, the whole group would go down with him—as popular as Luhan, Yifan, and Joonmyun are, they lack the levelheadedness that Minseok possesses, making him the most ideal to lead.

But most of the time, no one ing listens.

And who would? He’s the shortest, barely registers as frightening desp

Please log in to read the full chapter