Kai

Drabble Collection
Please log in to read the full chapter
"You are only going to be as good as the people you surround yourself with. So be brave enough to let go of those who keep weighing you down. " ◥Anonymous

Jongin’s always known he was special.

Although he might not be the best, he’s always known that he was better than average.

In his youth, the word “prodigy” was often thrown around with his name. It frightened him, the way people would whisper and point when they thought he wasn’t looking.

But it drove him to work harder, to push himself to his limits until he very nearly broke.

When he’d been accepted into SM, he’d thought that all his dreams would finally come true.

For five years he worked, tirelessly working himself to the bone. While others around him were content to practice for two hours, he would dance for five, six, seven, until someone came in to tell him to eat something.

When SM finally decided to have him debut in a boy group, he was ecstatic—perhaps he’d finally have something tangible to present, proof of his long efforts.

He vowed to work harder, train faster, learn everything that his young, hungry mind could learn.

Until he found out who he’d be debuting with.

For years, he lived under SM’s overbearing shadow, doing what they told him, living out a half-dream under thick makeup and sparkly jackets, waiting as everyone else lives out everything they’ve ever wanted.

But still, Jongin wants more—craves more, needs more, more

Please log in to read the full chapter