Himchan/You - Regrets

Drabble Collection
Please log in to read the full chapter

part of a series of drabbles based on a friendship of mine and its eventual decline

You’re not really sure how the two of you became friends.

One day, he was just the weird transfer student, and the next, he was joking around with you like you’d known each other for years.

Himchan’s a year older than you (and abuses that every chance he gets—he enjoys forcing you to call him sunbaenim), and he enjoys nauseatingly overactive aegyo, but the two of you seem to click.

As well as a quiet girl and a popular boy can click, in any case.

The two of you aren’t particularlarly close, but you’re comfortably friends and it feels right to you. You tease hin often, and he accepts it in stride, occasionally sending one of his own jabs your way. You pretend it doesn’t affect you the way it actually does. As time passes, you find yourself growing closer to Himchan, even though you kind of hate him (and his friends, who like pretending to be ulzzangs and wear far more makeup than your average teenager should.)

One night, everything seems to be going wrong. Your friends are pushing you aside, your grades in school are slipping, and stress is building and building for no damn good reason.

In a fit of desperation, you send Himchan an anonymous message detailing your problems.

In traditional Himchan fashion, he replies:

i’ll be your friend! ㅋㅋㅋ but you have to come off anonymous first of course~~

You gulp nervously, and send him another message off-anonymous. A few seconds later, he sends you an IM message.

himchanxoxo: was that you?

whatislife00: yes

himcha

Please log in to read the full chapter