Xiumin/You

Drabble Collection
Please log in to read the full chapter
masquerade vendetta ◥cafe-teacups

You adjust your mask on your face with a resigned sigh, straightening your evening gown and surveying the people in the ballroom, eyes flicking from one to another in search.

You’ve never liked formal events, but sometimes you had to do what you had to do, even if it came at the cost of your sanity.

"Excuse me?"

The sudden voice startles you, and you berate yourself for not paying attention.

"Yes?" you say, turning to face the source of the sound, and come face to face with a man in a sharp black suit and silver mask. His eyes twinkle playfully, and a subtle smirk tugs at the corner of his lips.

"May I have this dance?" he says, extending out a white-gloved hand towards you, and you take it in your own satin-gloved one. His grip is firm as he pulls you closer to his body, close enough for you to feel his heartbeat.

The two of you waltz, both your steps measured and tense. The air grows thick with anticipation, and your skin nearly buzzes with electricity at the tension.

"You do know why I’m here," he whispers, and you feel something cold and sharp poking into your back.

"It would take more than that to fool me, Kim Minseok."

You twist a ring on your finger, and out pops a spike, which you press next to his neck.

"Shouldn’t we just end this? Here and now?" Minseok whispers, and his voice is tantalizingly light as he paints a picture in your head that you’ve dr

Please log in to read the full chapter