CHAPTER 6

What am I? [Discontinued]

Jackson was correct and in a way, he had a point. There was no harm in trying to befriend someone. But befriending a person like Jackson- was it a good idea? Eunbi had a completely different reputation compared to him. He also made most of her time spent in the school unbelievably miserable. Even so, she was no damsel in distress who begged for help. She endured more hardships and situations than you can imagine.

"One question; Why do you suddenly want to be friends? It doesn't make sense." Eunbi hesitated as she pondered about it.  Jackson should have seen this coming. "Why? Why not? I mean, I know it's sudden and all. If I were in your position, I'd be uncertain too. But I would also consider it." the male shrugged. "Fine. I'll think about it." Eunbi finally said. As if on cue, the rest of GOT7 approached the duo. "Yo. Jackson, what are you doing with the commoner here?" Jaebum asked, glancing at the two from one person to the other. "Nothing. I just needed to say something to her. It isn't anything important."

The group finally left but the youngest of them all kept on stealing glances at Eunbi while walking away with the group. Knowing Jackson, the guy wouldn't just talk to someone secretly just because he 'needed to say something.' Yugyeom's curiosity got the better of him and the scene just couldn't leave his head. That afternoon, Eunbi felt her phone vibrate in her pocket. Entering her passcode and tapping on the letter icon, she opened the new message. That's odd. It was from an anonymous person. Which was what she thought at first. 

"Hey. Meet me near the back of the university. I have a certain proposal that can make you pay for what you did to me a few days ago. If you don't show up, I'll torture you for the next few days until you come up to me directly. Got it? Oh. It's Mark by the way. If you're wondering how I got your number, I used my charms to persuade the receptionist to give me your contact details." At this point, Eunbi's eye was twitching. 'Damn that guy. Ugh. I hate his guts.' she thought as she put her phone to sleep mode once more. The lecture was boring as always and Eunbi stared hard at the clock until the bell rang to signal the end of the day.

Following the instructions given to her in the message, she did show up at the back of the university. Mark was already waiting for her. That's what she thought anyway. At that moment, Mark caught her looking at him. He nodded his head as a signal for her to come forward. "What do you want, Mark? This better not be something stupid." Eunbi glared. Unfazed, Mark coolly tucked his hands in his pockets and tilted his head slightly. "Oh, don't worry. This won't take much of your time if you cooperate with me. I'll get down to business here. My proposal for you is to become my maid. I will pay you for it so be grateful. Take it or leave it?"

Now Eunbi wasn't so naive. She knew there was a catch if she refused. "If I leave it, what consequences will there be in store for me?" "Heh. You're a witty one, aren't you? Of course there'd be consequences if you refuse. If you leave it, I'll make a different proposal. It will be humiliating and I won't do it so discreetly as I'm doing now." He smirked. "You really do irritate me to the core. However, I'll accept your proposal. I'll text you the times where I can fit it into my schedule. I really don't see what women see in you. You're a jerk. That's all there is to it." Eunbi scoffed.  "Mm. Maybe you're just too blind to see my charms."

"I doubt that. Anyway, I'm going to leave. Bye." All Eunbi wanted to do at this point was to go home, relax and relieve the stress that she had built up. "U-huh. Bye. Oh wait, by the way,what did Jackson talk to you about?" Mark asked suddenly. Eunbi froze on the spot for a second. Well...it wasn't like she could tell him the truth. "Ah, he was just asking me for notes because he wasn't paying attention in class." she fibbed casually, waving her hand while maintaining an impassive face. "Okay. So it's nothing serious. See you." "Yeah. Bye."

Hold on. Why did she cover up for Jackson? She didn't even like the guy. Then again, it wasn't like she wanted GOT7 to hold anything against him for asking her to befriend him. Sure, Eunbi could hate Jackson all she wants. But she didn't want his friends to hate him. "Man, I need to get my head together."

That night, Eunbi tossed and turned in her bed. She thought about Mark's deal. Darn, that guy is so sneaky. Then again, she had to do this to keep her identity hidden. You might as well endure torture, pain and problematic situations such as these than get caught in the act, right? What exactly did Mark want to achieve? she wondered. Nobody will ever know the answer to this. (Apart from Mark himself of course). When it comes to thoughts, it applies to everyone. You never know a person's true or real intentions or feelings.

When she saw Mark the next day, she tried to avoid eye contact or getting within a metre distance. Basically, she didn't want to go anywhere near him. As if to ruin her day, she bumped into Mark. "Haven't seen you in a while."