CHAPTER 3

What am I? [Discontinued]

[Recap]

"...Did you just spill this drink on me? Are you going to pay for it? Ah, of course you can't. You're a commoner. You can't afford such an expensive shirt. Just how are you going to pay for the damage you've caused?" Mark growled and glared at Eunbi.

Eunbi just balled her fist and inhaled sharply. All the while she kept her eyes on him. Eunbi is a mafia boss's daughter. It is only a given to not be afraid and just face things. This part of her personality came from her dad, after all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Slowly, Eunbi stood up. Did she really have to deal with this guy?

 "Listen here...Tuan Mark. Sure, I admit that I spilt my beverage on your shirt. Though I don't think I should pay for it. Believe me, I would pay for your shirt if I did such a thing purposely. Unfortunately for you, it was an accident. Therefore, you can forget about the fees for that shirt." Eunbi's tone got darker as she finished her sentence. Mark was surprised with Eunbi's reaction. Normally, other students would tremble under his gaze. This girl is odd. He thought even though he didn't show it on his face. "You've got guts for a girl- I'll give you that. But whether you like it or not, you're paying for this shirt.Got it?" It was obvious that neither of the two was going to back down.

"Come on, Eunbi. Just apologize!" Yun whispered hastily. She didn't want her friend to get hurt. Mafia boss's daughter or not; she wasn't going to allow any physical harm happen to her friend. Besides, Eunbi's dad would probably just rage and go over the roof if he saw his daughter in a bad state. At those times, the sight of the bully being injured wasn't a pretty sight. "I'd take your friend's advice if I were you. Apologize, pay and get out of my sight. If you don't, you'll regret it. I really couldn't care less about you being a girl. I will hit you if I have to." Mark's voice sounded acidic and venomous, but Eunbi didn't flinch.

"You see? That is what I hate about people like you. Thinking that I'll take your 'orders' and listen to what you say. You're pathetic! You have no shame. Your ego and pride irritates me to the core.  I don't care about your position in the school. I won't hold back in ruining your image." Eunbi retorted. Meanwhile, Yun continued to tug Eunbi's sleeve. 'There really is something off about her.'  Mark chuckled darkly. "You really are amusing and surprising me. Not only do you have guts. You also have a foul mouth."

By now, everything was silent. The students enjoyed getting on Eunbi's nerves, but they didn't expect this from her. The vibe and aura that she gave off actually sent a cold shiver down their spine.

"Really? Maybe you should listen to yourself before you criticize people. If you paid more attention to what you're saying, maybe you'd realize that you're actually being a hypocrite." Eunbi's face showed no emotion.

"Hahaha! No. Now you're just getting on my nerves."

"Oh is that right? Funny. You've been on my nerves ever since you entered this academy. Not everyone in this school likes you. Get that through your thick skull." With that, Eunbi her heels and walked away with Yun tagging along.

"Yah! Don't you dare turn your back and walk away from me!" Mark yelled in frustration. "You have no idea who you're dealing with, Han Eunbi!" he continued to yell and pointed his finger at her back. For a second, Eunbi glanced back. She gave him a smirk in which he responded speechless. "Oh, will you look at this? Such a shame I'm already walking away from you. By the way, you have no idea who you're up against either, Tuan Mark." Eunbi said his name with a disgusted tone as if the man was the most vile thing she's seen in her life.

Mark on the other hand, stood there trembling with anger. The fury was overwhelming. Not once did a girl ever smirk at him in disgust. Not once did a girl ever look at him with such hate. Last but not least, this was the first time that a girl made him speechless in a negative way.

The students could only stare at Yun and Eunbi as they entered the academy building and headed to class. All of them were shocked. However, Haneul and her friends were the only ones glaring at Eunbi and Yun apart from Mark. "This girl...how dare she?! Han Eunbi...get ready for a beating that you'll never forget." Haneul hissed under her breath.

That day, after school ended, Haneul and her friends dragged Eunbi to a isolated area. They all crossed their arms and glared at her with fury. (At least it wasn't as bad as Mark's.) "Ugh. What do you want, Haneul? I don't have time for your stupidity right now." Eunbi sighed, unfazed by the look Haneul was giving her. "You...you...ugh! Forget it. Let me tell you this, Eunbi. You're going to regret talking to our Mark with disrespect like that. Now, you shall pay." Haneul's eyes turned deadly."'Our Mark'?Pay? Another one? Heh. I'd turn back and leave me be, if I were you. Instead of hurting me, you'll end up hurting yourself." Eunbi chuckled.

"That's it! Get her, girls!"

That was when disaster struck. The twin's arms reached out for Eunbi; their nails looking like talons. As if it were instinct, Eunbi's hands shot up and grabbed hold of their hands before they could lay a scratch on her. Grinning wickedly, Eunbi easily twisted their arms. The two girls screamed in agony.

"God! If you want to do something, might as well get it done yourself!" Haneul sighed in irritation. Eunbi,sensing Haneul's approach, quickly kicked her in the stomach. "Augh!" Haneul groaned and collapsed, clutching her stomach. But Eunbi wasn't done. Before Haneul could reach the ground, Eunbi's fist shot out and punched Haneul in the face. Who would have thought that one punch could break that girl's nose so easily?

Haneul shrieked. "Ah! My nose!! Just who are you?" she asked, covering her nose in an attempt to stop the bleeding. "Sorry, but I can't tell you that. You should have listened when you had the chance. I told you that you'd hurt yourself didn't I? Oh and by the way, Mark isn't yours. You should probably stop being delusional groupies." For the second time that day, Eunbi her heels and left.

"Hey, where were you? Why are you sweating?" Yun asked, looking at her friend who had just arrived with glistening sweat. "Oh, me? Sorry, Yun. I really did forget to tell you. Thing is, I decided to take a run before coming." Eunbi wiped her sweat with a towel as she laughed. The laughing was most likely an after effect from the adrenaline she just felt a few moments ago. Yun knew her friend was lying, but didn't question. "Okay then, if you say so." she replied unsurely, eyeing Eunbi from tip to toe and humming. "You know your parents are going to be worried?" 

"I know. But they worry too much. I'm afraid their hair will fall out because of it." Eunbi joked. It was silent for a few seconds until the two of them burst out laughing.

-----------------------