CHAPTER 5

What am I? [Discontinued]

Before Eunbi knew it, morn had come. Quite frankly, she felt so at peace that she didn't want to get up from her bed. But of course, sleeping in wasn't possible on school days. The warmth provided by the blanket suddenly disappeared. Sighing in defeat, Eunbi opened her eyes, sat up and stretched before doing her daily routine.

"Did you sleep well, last night? You came home quite late." her mother asked without looking up from the magazine she was reading. Eunbi nodded. "I guess I got enough sleep to keep me awake throughout today." she simply said while finishing her breakfast and getting up from her chair to leave.

"Leaving already?" "Yes. It's better to be early than late, is it not?" "Why of course. Proceed."

So Eunbi left the mansion and literally ran to the bus stop. "Wow. You're here early." Yun commented as she looked at Eunbi who was panting. "Yeah, well, I felt like coming here early." Eunbi shrugged then boarded the bus.

"So, how was the club last night? You only texted me that you're going there. You never told me how it went."

"I made a fascinating discovery. One of them wears a weird looking earring. GOT7 can apparently perform really well. My reaction was like 'WTFBBQ' when I saw them. What else? Ah, Mark tried to hit on me." Eunbi recalled, remembering his attempt.

"What? Are you serious?! Did you flirt back?" Yun asked, curious. "Huh? Of course not! You know I hate his whole guts! I'd rip out his organs if I had the ability to. But anyway, back to the point. I straight out rejected him and told him to bug off." Eunbi gave Yun a strange look while answering her question.

The girls sat at their usual spot and continued their conversation from the bus. "Do you think he recognised you?" "Obviously not. Think about it. If he knew it was me, would he even try to approach me?" "Good point. Though you do realise your identity will come to light some day." "I know. Let's just hope it isn't any time soon."

"That girl was playing hard to get." Mark his lips at the thought of the events that occurred the previous night. "Yes, yes. Girls who play hard to get turn you on, right? You don't need to continue. We already know your preferences, Mark." Jaebum sighed, shoving his hands into his pockets.

"No, you guys. This girl had a certain appeal. Her eyes were pretty mesmerising." Mark replied. "Now you're spouting corny sentences. What? Are you in love with her or something?" Jinyoung mocked.

Ignoring the tone, Mark shrugged. "Maybe." "But you barely know the girl, you idiot! This isn't some sort of K-Drama, Mark! Come to your senses, bro. Do you even know her name?" "Well...no." "See? That's my exact point."

As the group interrogated Mark, Jackson was the only one who kept silent. He was still thinking about the girl. He would be crazy if he were to think that the girl turned out to be Eunbi.

"Her eyes were pretty mesmerising." he heard Mark say. Her eyes? If Jackson could find the opportunity to look at Eunbi's eyes, then- no, it was impossible. Who was he kidding? Eunbi really despises GOT7. How could he even talk to her?

Class started and everyone filed into the room. Eunbi didn't really pay any attention to the lecture. Instead, she wondered what would happen if they were to find out about her identity. Throughout the whole lesson, Eunbi could feel someone staring at her. However, she chose to ignore it and assumed that it was only her imagination.

After class, Eunbi headed to her locker and neatly placed her books in it. As she finished securing her locker, she heard a deep voice from behind her. As a reflex, her arm shot out to punch his face. Luckily, the male avoided her fist and caught it.

"Woah, there. It's just me." Eunbi recognised that voice. Sure enough, the person turns out to be Jackson. "Oh. It's you. What do you want?" she asked without even giving him a glance after seeing his face. "To be friends." Wait. Did he just say 'friends'? Or could she be hearing wrong?

"Friends? Friends?! Ha! Jackson, are you sure your head is screwed on straight? You're in GOT7. We can never be friends. That is a fact and you know it, don't you?"

Jackson deeply inhaled before speaking again. "That's right. I must be crazy. But is there any harm in trying?" If this is what it takes for verification, then so be it. He would never know if he never tried.