CHAPTER 8: MARK'S SIDE STORY *SPECIAL*

What am I? [Discontinued]

*Note that the family part is fictional (of course). 

The clacking of her shoes fading away is all that I could hear. It is without a doubt that I could've just ignored her, released her and walk away. I could have texted her later on in the day. It is true- I'm not the type of person to abruptly space out. What in the world is wrong with me? The truth is, I'm not a hundred percent sure what happened at that second, although I had a few ideas- all doubtful. I definitely know when something's off about me. Had my character seemingly changed at the time?

The change in the lighting broke my reverie. The sun was setting. How picturesque the sight looked. Who knew it could be so beautiful? As if it were a painting. Heaving a sigh, I turned to head in the same direction as she did not too long ago. I need to figure out what happened.

Before I knew it, I had already driven and arrived home. 'I must've entered without realising it, huh?' I thought as I took in my surroundings. How lonesome it felt to me. As lonesome as it feels, it was I who made the decision to live on my own, was it not?  'A Family Home'. To one those words could be heart-warming and comforting. However, that wasn't the case for me. The word 'family' itself made me feel disgusted inside. The word would leave a bitter taste in my mouth if I dared to say it. I have no family. Or rather, I'd like to think that I was not born into such a family as mine. If I told anyone my past, they'd look at it as a sob story, wouldn't they? My past is what made me come to hate my so-called 'family'. Though I could care less about their views. Other than my friends, I don't care about other people's opinions.

It all began when I was 5 years of age. Yes... I remember this as if the event took place yesterday. Anyway, back to the point. When I was 5, my mother walked out on my dad. Back then I was just a weakling who would always cry over the littlest things; especially when I got bullied and hurt. My mother was like my sanctuary. She was always there to comfort me, to aid me, to hold me and tell me that everything is and always be okay. She told me that she'll always be by my side and that we'll create wonderful, amazing memories together. On the other hand, dad told me to grow some balls, be a man and take care of myself. My mother won't always be there to comfort me. One day, she'll just disappear forever.I cried and denied it all. "You're a liar!" I yelled and ran up to my room. Little did I know... he was telling the truth after all. That very night, I heard them arguing. The volume was getting louder and louder. Before I knew it, I had a torn family. My mother who wanted me to go with her and my father whom I was forced to stay with. But you need not worry; I left the house after putting up with all his problems and those brats.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Not much written here, but it is just a short special after all.  This will be continued later on... (maybe) mehehe.