3.6.5

Baby It's A Wild World

"When the destinies that will test you call for your tears
No matter when, just like a miracle, I’ll appear in front of you
"

 

C H A P T E R 9: 3.6.5


 

The walk back to the dorm is surprisingly quiet other than the buzzing chirps of crickets an occasional eerie owl hoot. The mess in Kyungsoo’s head however, is far from silent.

In fact he’s developed a headache from everything that’s just occurred, from the scary thing chasing him to Chanyeol bursting in and saving him like a damsel in distress. How did he even know where to find him?

The shorter boy pushes his head of the tallers neck and angles it to gage the other’s appearance. Hoping to have some semblance of a normal conversation by looking at his face. “How did you know where to find me?” Kyungsoo asks softly, a little scared to break the silence that was between them.

Chanyeols eyes widen and he comes to a halt glancing at Kyungsoo before hurriedly looking away, his cheeks are looking awfully red under the dim lamp lights and is that a sheepish expression he’s wearing?

“I uh..” Chanyeol starts, stopping to clear his throat which seemed to of dried up all of a sudden. “I heard you when you were leaving your room and got a bit worried since you were going out so late so i…yeah” He finishes lamely, too embarrassed to say I followed you but the words hang obviously in his intent.

“But don’t think I just randomly stalk people! There’s been some rumors floating around about something that’s been terrorizing the students, the school hasn’t said anything about it because they don’t want to scare anyone but they’ve increased the campus security. In fact, I’m surprised you managed to sneak out without getting caught.”

“Guess the rumors are true” Kyungsoo responds as they both enter the safety of the dorm Chanyeol quickly scurrying to the elevator and bringing them both inside. Kyungsoo isn’t as light as he looks despite his small stature and he can’t fathom how someone as lanky as Chanyeol doesn’t look the least bit tired from carrying him all the way here.

Reaching their hallway the shorter boy is caught off guard when Chanyeol grabs the doorknob to his room instead of Kyungsoo’s and carries him in. It looks virtually the same as the shorter boys, the same furniture placement and doors. But this room is so distinctly Chanyeol with band posters littering the walls and messy clothes strewn on the floor that he almost wants to laugh at how much different it looks.

The taller boy tip toes over a guitar that seems to off fallen of the wall and gently sits Kyungsoo down on his twin bed. The mattress is soft and sinks down from the shorter boys’ weight. 

“Wait a sec.” Chanyeol asks as he starts rummaging through one of the drawers on the side of his bed. The shorter looks curiously as to what the other is up too and blushes when he sees him pull out what looks like ointment cream and gauze.

“While I’d normally take you to the infirmary, it’s really late and if they found out we were breaking our curfew we’d be in big trouble. So I hope this will do for now. If it still hurts in the morning I can take you to the nurse.”

Kyungsoo nods and winces as he finally remembers his neglected side. Chanyeol moves closer and reaches his arms towards the shorter boy but abruptly stops and the hands fall to his lap shyly.

Its takes Kyungsoo a second but he eventually realizes, he has to take his shirt off.

Swallowing his embarrassment the doe eyed boy grabs the bottom of his shirt and pulls it over his head, accidentally knocking his beanie off in collateral damage.

He doesn’t miss the obvious gulp in the older boy’s throat or his wide eyed staring and brings up a hand to weakly cough in order to hide a prominent growing blush.

Pulling himself together Chanyeol sets to work and uncaps the ointment, rubbing a bit on his long fingers before bringing it to Kyungsoo’s injured side, there’s a red mark on one of his ribs that he just knows is going to turn into a nasty bruise by the morning.

With gentle hands the taller boy begins smoothing the cream onto the spot, the coolness makes Kyungsoo flinch at first, but Chanyeol’s heated fingers counteract it and settle into something more soothing.

Speaking of heat however…

“The fire…” Kyungsoo starts lamely, the other tenses for a moment but quickly goes back to normal, letting out a noise of acknowledgement.

“Was that you?” He asks curiously, no hint of fear or distrust in his voice.

Chanyeol stops applying the ointment (or more like, stops rubbing Kyungsoo’s side because that cream had absorbed long ago) and reaches for the gauze this time. The shorter boy wants to tell him there’s no need for the gauze and he’ll be fine with ointment but something holds his tongue from expressing his opinions and he’s pretty sure it has something to do with how much he’s enjoying the attention.

“Yeah that was me.” Chanyeol replies just as Kyungsoo’s mind was about to go on a tangent and starts to wrap the gauze around the shorter males torso.

Kyungsoo’s mouth drops open and close a few times, trying to say words that haven’t been formed yet, but nothing comes out, he chooses to stay silent and let the taller explain himself if he wanted to.

Chanyeol doesn’t react to the silence and keeps focused at his task at hand, his arms wrapping around the shorter boys waist occasionally to wrap the gauze around. After a few repetitions of the action he finally breaks the silence.

“I’m a Phoenix Kyungsoo.” He says softly, eyes glancing up to connect with the boy in front of him. Tone and expression completely serious.

The nymph boy furrows his brows and recalls all the stories of a phoenix he learned during the greek mythology period in his history class.

“…so you’re a bird?” Kyungsoo asks confused, head tilting sideways to stare at Chanyeol, he certainly looks human enough even during the crack.

Now it’s Chanyeol’s turn to look confused as he stills his actions and leans back a bit, looking a bit baffled at Kyungsoo’s response.

“Well, yeah I mean…wait a minute, is that really all you’re worried about?!” His voice raises towards the end but the amused smile that lifts the corner of his lips betrays the tone of his voice.

Kyungsoo answers with a sheepish look and doesn’t even deny the accusation, it is true after all.

Chanyeol lets out a full blown laugh that the shorter boy can’t help but mirror.

“Oh my god this whole time I was so scared that you would react negatively or be freaked out ever since I accidentally burned you and since my kind isn’t known for their-“

Kyungsoo cuts off Chanyeol with a laugh and reaches foreword to rest his hands on the taller boy’s shoulders.

“Chanyeol there’s no way I could ever be scared of you, you dumb giant. I don’t care what you are; to me you’ll always be my goofy Yeol, bird or no bird.”

The taller boy stares at him with his large wide eyes and Kyungsoo is almost worried the other is going to cry but Chanyeol blindingly fast gets up and pushes Kyungsoo back down onto the bed in a what could only be describe as a glomp.

Both the boys laugh to their hearts content not even caring if they wake up the entire floor, eventually the others weight is a bit too much for Kyungsoo and he manages to push Chanyeol off of him.

The phoenix just stares at him with a goofy smile that doesn’t incredibly dangerous things to Kyungsoo’s stomach.

“I showed you mine know you show me yours, and don’t even play Soo we both know I saw you with your supernatural green eyes and there was no way those trees where moving on their own.”

Kyungsoo bites his lip in thought, he’s certainly though about telling Chanyeol before but now that he has a chance the words can’t seem to leave his mouth.

“Do I have to tickle it out of you?” The taller boy asks tone playful as he reaches his hands to poke at Kyungsoo’s belly in warning. The doe eyed boy lets out a very unmanly sqeal and squirms away from the other boy.

“Okay okay I surrender. I’m a …well…I’m a nymph” He finally says eyes shyly looking away, a little nervous about his friends reaction.

“Oh my god…are you for real?” Chanyeol asks with something that sounds like a mix of disbelief and wonder. At Kyungsoo’s small nod he lets out a huff of breath. “Well, that explains so much.”

He’s not sure how long he spends talking with Chanyeol on his bed like that, both lying on their sides facing each other. The shorter boy talks about his mother and how he found out about the supernatural all while Chanyeol nods along.

Eventually when Kyungsoo wakes up after accidentally falling asleep and is face to face with a snoring Chanyeol he can’t help the smile that blooms on his face. He makes sure to throw on a blanket over the taller boy and quietly shuffles into his own room. Feeling like a weight has been lifted off his chest.

_____

Apparently news travels fast at the academy because by the next day everyone knew about the mysterious being that’s been attacking students. Luckily no one knew he was the most recent victim but the rumors could be heard bouncing off the walls left and right.

With a sigh the short boy sauntered to his art class trying his best not to gander any attention. It would be a lie to say he wasn’t still a little shaken up and paranoid because of his attack but luckily he was managing.

Like he had predicted his fall had bred some nasty bruises on his side, but because of Chanyeols help they should be fairly short lived and fade in time.

Approaching the door he notices a white paper attached to the handle but he doesn’t bother reading it and just enters the classroom feeling like he’s late enough as it is.

Inside a familiar bundle of blonde hair and black clothing catches his eye as he curiously watches Kris pace around. Aside from him however the classroom is empty.

“Where is everyone?” Kyungsoo asks making Kris snap his head and look at his direction. The taller seems a little shocked to see him and cracks his voice when he responds with a “Kyungsoo?”

The shorter boy holds back a smirk and watches amusedly as Kris tries to regain his composure, masking his blush with a cough.

“There’s no class today, the teacher cancelled…I came to paint anyway because I had nothing else to do.”

Kyungsoo raises an eyebrow at the dragon, he obviously didn’t know class was cancelled either and was trying to play it off like he did but the shorter boy could see right through him. Deciding he could tease the taller male another time, Kyungsoo just nods and heads towards the cabinet of supplies.

He had nothing else to do either so might as well draw and hang out with Kris for a while. Kyungsoo gives the taller male a smile and finds the other returns it with one of his own.  It has a lot more gums and teeth than the shorter boy expected it to have, but he quickly comes to realize that Kris looks a thousand times better smiling.

Maybe he’s starting to like art class for other reasons than just to draw.

 

 


A U T H O R S N O T E

twitter / tumblr

Whoa there sorry(or maybe your welcome?) for all the Chansoo lately haha is my bias showing comment with what Soo pairing you're most excited to see so i can incorporate some scenes into the next chapters! As always thank you all for commenting/subbing/upvoting/being awesome in general