Peter Pan

Baby It's A Wild World

"It's not going to be the end of our story

because I'm going to meet you again."

 

C H A P T E R 11: PETER PAN


 

The water is warm and toasty as Kyungsoo stands under the pouring shower head. There is steam building up around him but he pays it no attention. His mind wandering off to pleasant unrelated thoughts as the water dripping off him takes all of his worries with it. Slowly swirling into a foamy pool at the drain hole.

With a free hand he lazily picks up his loofah and squirts soap on it before rubbing it over his body washing all the dirt and grime meticulously. Unconsciously he’s began to hum a little tune, he vaguely remembers hearing it on the radio years back and it’s stuck with him sense. It’s an English song so he really doesn’t have much idea what he’s saying but he hopes he’s at least pronouncing it right. He recognizes words like Sunday and rain and confidently sings those a little more clearly.

He’s halfway with rinsing out all of the product in hair when he finally ends his impromptu performance (mostly because it’s a bit hard to sing when water is trying to pour into your mouth) and unexpectedly hears something that sounds like clapping amidst the droplets of liquid slapping against the tiled floor.

Quickly as if struck by lightning he turns around and peeks through the curtain behind him. The steam is a bit heavy so he can only make out the figure of another male near the door. He’s a little too short to be Chanyeol.

“You have a beautiful voice.”

Kyungsoo gulps and feels the tips of his ears turn a bright red and it’s definitely not from the heat of his shower. The others voice is unfamiliar but there something in the heavy gaze he feels on him that is and he doesn’t know whether he should be worried about that.

He manages a small “Thank you.” and starts to feel very , probably because he is. Slowly becoming more self-aware of his he shies back into the stall and quickly rinses off the rest of his hair before turning off the water and hastily wrapping a towel around his waist.

He peeks out of the curtain so see if the stranger was still there.

He wasn’t.

---

Kyungsoo walks slowly towards the choir meeting, still a little bothered by the creepy shower run in but he thinks the antics of the members will put his mind off it.

Chen greets him at the door this time and gives him a wide smile, happily leading him into the room. Despite the awkward first meeting Chen’s warmed up to him a lot and they can finally hold a conversation. The other still blushes and stutters occasionally but as long as Kyungsoo doesn’t maintain eye contact for that long they’re fine.

Plus, the other offers really great singing advice and his vocal range is amazing.

Baekhyun is next to greet him and Kyungsoo can immediately tell when he feels two arms wrap around him into a hug.

“Kyungiie” The other yells into his ear and the shorter doesn’t even bother to resist a sharp jab into the older male’s side. Despite not knowing him for long he feels comfortable joking around with Baekhyun like that, with playful punches and rough skin ship. Maybe the older just has a very hittable face.

The wizard boy whines and lets go of Kyungsoo, eyebrows squinting as he rubs his side, making a show of acting like he’s really hurt. The black haired boy just rolls his eyes and calmly takes a seat next to Joonmyeon in one of the nearby sofas.

The other boy is sporting a very shocking hair color that the younger had trouble recognizing him at first.

“Blonde looks good on you Hyung.” He compliments and watches as Joonmyeon’s face twitches into a smile looking vaguely embarrassed but pleased at the same time.

“Ahh really? I wasn’t sure if it would come out good.”

“It did, you look handsome.”

Joonmyeon turns away and coughs weekly into his sleeve, is he getting sick?

“Whoa easy on the compliments Kyungsoo, you’ll give that old man a heart attack.”

A weight in the couch dipped next to him signaling Baekhyuns ungraceful decent into the couch. Laughing when Kyungsoo moves a hand to smack the older, Joonmyeon recovers and laughs along, sneaking glances towards the nymph boy’s direction every now and again.

Chen appears with a paper in his hand and walks up to Kyungsoo before passing it over to him.

“Baekhyun keeps forgetting to mention it to you but we’re going to have a joint performance with the dance club soon. A sort of talent show of sorts, it’ll be held next Friday in the auditorium. You don’t have to participate if you don’t want to but it’ll be awesome if you did.”

Kyungsoo looks at the flyer curiously but a certain word catches his attention.

“Dance Club?” He repeats, eyebrows furrowing as he recalls a particular memory. A tanned glistening back, beautiful movements in front of a mirror, will he be there?

“Yeah, there’s a dance club as well in the school, sometimes well do collaborations with them. They have some really good dancers.” Joonmyeon informs him, peeking over his shoulder to read the flyer as well.

“There’s actually a kid in my class who’s in it!” Baekhyun interrupts; he brings a hand to his chin and scratches lightly, as if trying to bring out a memory.

“What’s his name again? The guy who looks like he never gets any sleep? Always dozing off in class, Tea? Toe?”

The description sounds incredibly familiar to a guy in one of his classes too, the one who hangs out with Kris. Chen opens his mouth to say something but Baekhyun quickly interrupts with a loud “TAO! That’s his name. I wonder if he’ll be participating, I hear he does some crazy martial arts stuff.”

Chen just rolls his eyes and starts to hand each of them a stack of the fliers.

“We actually haven’t started passing these out yet, so c’mon and make yourselves useful.”

If Kyungsoo is surprised at Chen’s sudden outburst of confidence he doesn’t say anything, instead quietly standing up from the couch and following the other three as they make their way outside.

All the while Baekhyun mumbles something like “Aren’t you bossy today, and I thought I was the president of this club”

The weather is clear and sunny but with plently of shade from the trees. There’s a light breeze that feels incredibly pleasant, but speaks for potential disaster with the flyers.

After some convincing for them to split up (from Kyungsoo’s part as the others seemed content to stay by his side like little magnets) they were able to cover more ground get all of the flyers distributed that way.

Kyungsoo goes to a more relaxed part of the school with the occasional student(s) passing by every now and again. Luckily for him no one has rejected his flyers in fact it almost seems like they walk towards him rather than the other way around, but he could just be imagining that.

With a smile his stack is reduced to less than half way within minutes, the nymph boy feels quite proud of himself. Maybe there’s a way he can rub it in Baekhyuns face later.

With his distracted thoughts, he fails to notice his grip on the papers going looser and looser by the second. So when a stronger breeze passes through he can do nothing but watch in horror as the arrangement of colored papers sweeps off of his hands and scattered throughout the ground.

Letting out a cry of surprise he quickly scrambles to pick up what he can, hands moving fast as they grasp at the flyers. Some flew into the bushes but he would have to get those later, focusing now on the ones nearest to him.

In his haste he failed to notice a bystander that had been watching from afar begin to help him pick up the mess. It isn’t until he’s gotten to the last paper on the ground that his eyes come into contact with a pair of sporty sneakers. Like some kind of manga he slowly trails up the stranger’s legs, noting his tan slim pants and loose white shirt with the schools blazer haphazardly thrown over it.

Still bent down from reaching for the flyer Kyungsoo meets the soft brown eyes of a boy.

His handsomeness right off the bat is what he notices first. Sharp jawline, tanned complexion, lips full and pretty with a round nose. But his eyes, there are untold stories in those earthy orbs of his; Kyungsoo feels immobilized by the others stare.

There’s something…familiar about him though. Something Kyungsoo can’t quite grasp.

With a snap he breaks out of his stupor and stands straight up, reaching to take the flyers from the boy. However the other is looking at it quite intensely, scanning the text that was printed on it.

‘A dance showcase?” A youthful voice speaks, still looking at the flyer.

Kyungsoo nods dumbly and hugs the papers he collected tighter to his body. “Yeah, it’s next Friday and it’ll be featuring the choir club as well.”

After a thought he adds. “Would you be interested?”

And then almost instantaneously when the other boy looks up at him with a soft shy gaze does Kyungsoo finally recognize him. It’s the boy from the dorm next to him! The dancer!

Letting out a silent gasp Kyungsoo looks at him amazed, he had only seen him from the back and from a slightly off centered reflection in the mirror but this was him, he was so sure of it.

“Yeah I might.” The tanned boy answers and hands him back the rest of the flyers. Kyungsoo takes them with a quick “Thanks” but offers him one in return. “Here take one.”

The other looks pleasantly surprised and accepts the paper. “Oh, can I? Thanks.”

The wind dwindled down creating a more quiet and peaceful atmosphere. With a sort of awkward silence they both stand facing eachother. Finally the other looks like he’s going to leave when Kyungsoo blurts out.

“W-What’s your name?”

The stranger’s eyes widen slightly but he replies smoothly “Jongin” And after a moment “What’s yours?”

“Kyungsoo” The nymph replies with a smile which he’s happy to see is returned.

“Well I’ll catch you later Kyungsoo.” Jongin tells him with a wave as he turns around to head to wherever it was he was going. He’s almost out of sight when Kyungsoo calls back out to him.

“Will you be at the showcase?”

Jongin turns toward him again and connects their eyes; he beams a smile his way before turning around once more and disappearing from Kyungsoo’s sight.

He never knew a smile could do so much to a person, especially scatter seeds in their insides because the nymph feels like there’s a forest growing in his stomach.

He’s not sure what that smile meant but he really really hopes it meant a yes.

 


A U T H O R S N O T E

twitter / tumblr

Sorry for the slow updates recently! *does suju sorry sorry dance* Hopefully you guys can bear with it a little while longer, ya kno how it is finals and all.

Thank you my darlings for commenting and subscribing it's super flattering and encouraging! I hope you guys have a wonderful day today!