Baby

Baby It's A Wild World

"Why do you make my eyes shine like this
Why do you make my heart beat this crazily"

 

C H A P T E R 12: BABY


 

Kyungsoo walks through the school’s hallway absentmindedly, mind wondering off to think of the various things he has coming up in the week. Because of the showcase the choir club has been meeting daily and while it’s fun to see friends more often it’s been putting quite a strain on his voice. He figures he’ll take it easy today.

Rounding a corner the doe eyed boy spots a small crowd a ways away, squinting he can see three large what appear to be students, standing facing one of the walls. Actually on closer inspection, they look like their looming over something.

A frown forms on his face as he approaches, something’s not right.

How pathetic

He’s a halfbreed, what did you expect

Your kind doesn’t belong here

Something dark and cold settles into Kyungsoo’s gut when he picks up on the conversation the three where having. He’s pretty sure he knows what’s going on, after all there was bullying in his old school too. Even if he was never a victim himself, he’d heard the horror stories from some of his more unfortunate friends.

They haven’t noticed him yet and for a split second the shorter male is torn between intervening himself or playing it safe and calling a professor. In his indecision one of the bullies slides to the side giving Kyungsoo a clear view of a body crouched down in front of him, books scattered around the floor.

A gasp escapes his body involuntarily, causing the three to quickly turn in his direction.

Kneeling on the floor picking up the books is a very familiar mop of silver hair, and when he looks up because of the gasp he only confirms Kyungsoo’s suspicions.

“Kyungsoo!” Sehun calls out of surprise, eyes wide and nervous. The bullies also look at him in shock until one seems to finally snap out of it.

“Move along pretty boy, nothing to see here” He snaps rudely, glaring at the shorter boy, the other two just nod and narrow their eyes at him.

His knuckles have gone white from how hard they’re gripping at his sides, there was something about seeing Sehun of all people, with his youth and naivety being degraded that made his blood boil.

Narrowing his eyes and furrowing his brows trying to look as intimidating as possible Kyungsoo cuts through the bullies and quickly reaches Sehun’s side, bringing a hand down to haul the other up by his bicep.

Sehun scurries to pick up his remaining book and gives Kyungsoo a clear look that says what the hell are you doing?!

The bullies apparently agree because one (the largest one he should add, who stands about a foot taller than Kyungsoo) takes an intimidating step forward, towering over the nymph boy.

However Kyungsoo stays as still as a tower unwavering under the male’s heavy gaze and even fights it one of his own. He’s not sure where all this courage suddenly came from but all he knows is that if those bullies want to get to Sehun, they’ll damn well have to go through him first.

The male in front of him twitches his arm up and Kyungsoo tenses for an incoming blow.

“What do you think you’re doing?” Say’s an unfamiliar accented voice and for a moment Kyungsoo wants to breathe a sigh of relief, a teacher showed up in the nick of time.

Except when he turns to look at his savior he meets two familiar heavily bagged eyes that stared him down on his first day of class, it’s the male that’s always hanging around Kris. One of “the dragons” as Sehun had put it the other day.

The male, which Kyungsoo remembers goes by Tao approaches them quickly with only a few steps, his legs long and lean as they slide through the tiles hallway walls. The bullies recognize him too as two of them let out a cry of surprise and quickly take steps back before full out running away. The one that’s left tries to call them back but stands his ground.

His fists tremble but he tightens them and turns away from Kyungsoo to face the dragon head on.

“Wow, he really is stupider than he looks” Kyungsoo can hear Sehun mumble before a blur moves past them at frightening speed and the bully goes flying towards the ground after a hard kick to the chest.

Sehun and Kyungsoo recoil visibly and give the two space, not wanting any part in the collateral damage.

The bully wheezes and gets off the flour haphazardly, aiming a messy punch at the dragon boy, but Tao effortlessly dodges it and lands a fiery punch on the bully’s cheek, knocking him to the floor and out of consciousness.

Sehun lets out a squeak next to him “Oh my god, he killed him!”

Tao looks back the silver haired boy with a raised eyebrow and a pursed lip. “Relax, he’s still alive, I just made sure he won’t ever think about messing with someone who isn’t his size again.”

Kyungsoo bites his lip thoughtfully, eyes gazing over the body on the floor before looking at the black haired male.  “Why did you help us?”

Tao dusts off some invisible lint from his blazer and gives Kyungsoo one last piercing gaze.

“Don’t misunderstand, I could care less about you and your friend, but Kris for whatever reason does and he’d do much worse to those bullies if he found out they hurt you. I’m making sure it wouldn’t come to that because I’d prefer not to have my only friend expelled.”

And with that the foreign boy struts off down the hall, posture cool and composed as if he just didn’t knock out a 6 foot tall jock.

But despite his tone, something about his words left a twinge of pity in Kyungsoo.

my only friend

Kyungsoo takes a note to say hi to Tao every time he sees him.

Sehun lets out a huff of disbelief which has the shorter male looking at him strangely.

“Can you believe that prick?” He says, rolling his eyes and hugging the books to his chest tighter.

Kyungsoo lets out a small smile “You do realize that prick just saved both our asses.”

Sehun sneers but lets out a chuckle and wraps an arm around the shorter male. “Speaking of saving, why in the world would you get in the middle of something like that? They could’ve done some serious damage to you hyung.” His tone is forceful and serious but Kyungsoo could care less about getting hurt, he’s more concerned for his younger friend.

“Why where they even bullying you in the first place Sehunnie?” Kyungsoo worriedly responds, he bites down on his lips before softly adding “Does this…has this happened before?”

The half kitsune grips his hand tighter on Kyungsoo’s shoulder. “It’s nothing, really, like I mentioned before my kind doesn’t sit well some people, I have it under control. Just…don’t get involved next time, if they were to find out that you’re…” He trails off, but the half human left unsaid rings clearly through the shorter male’s head. “you’ll get it worse than me.”

The nymph brings a hand up and rests it gently on top of Sehun’s, causing the other to jump and look down at him with wide eyes. Kyungsoo catches his gaze and holds it, eyes steady and conveying his emotions strongly.

“I don’t care about any of that Sehun, they can come at me all they want I can take it too. I’m stronger than I look you know.” He gives the taller a smirk before it naturally blooms into a full-blown genuine Kyungsoo certified heart smile.

“Just, promise me that you won’t go through this alone alright? Talk to me or anyone if this happens again.”

When the silver haired boy doesn’t respond, Kyungsoo brings him into a playful headlock, hand wrapping loosely around his neck while the other messes up his fringe of hair.

Sehun lets out a laugh the rings through the hall and starts tapping out on Kyungsoo’s arm, “Alright alright Hyung, I promise!” His chuckle still remains even when the shorter let’s go and soon enough he joins in as well, and together they begin to walk back to class.

Right before turning the corner Kyungsoo comes to a full halt.

“Wait! What are we going to do about him?” Suddenly remembering that there’s an unconscious body laying the middle of the hallway.

Sehun glances back and only shrugs before dragging Kyunsoo away once more.

“Ehh, let’s leave that , someone else can deal with his sorry .

---

After all his classes are finished, the doe eyed boy walks lazily to the choir club. Even though he’s excited for the showcase (and to see the dancer kid again) coming there after classes has started to get tiresome and some days he just wants to go to his dorm and sleep until next week. Not to mention he hasn’t had time to hang out with Chanyeol because of it. He misses his tall lanky friend.

The walk is calm and peaceful though, and the cherry trees are beautiful as they sway softly, with little birds nesting comfortably in their branches.

As he comes to the entrance of the room, the shorter male is surprised to find the door is open, with a shrug he comes in and quietly closes the door behind him. It’s quiet, quieter than a room full of singers should be. With a frown he continues on, did he come early?

Turning the corner he peeks in to the main choir room, letting out a soft “Hello?”

He lets out a startled noise; the room which is normally decorated with couches and desks is completely empty in the middle, all the furniture has been haphazardly pushed to the edges some of it is even fallen on the wooden floors. It looked completely trashed.

He swallows a mound stuck in his throat and slowly approaches the center, finally noticing a glint of white on the floor. It was a piece of paper.

With slow steps he approaches it, gut getting heavier and heavier by the second.

There are suspicious red letters written messily on the paper but the words are clear.

I KNOW

Bending down the black haired boy grabs the lined paper and brings it closer to his face to inspect it. The ink used is thick and blotchy and the color is a dark red that looks an awful lot like blood. A cold chill passes through his spine at the ominous message.

This has to be some sort of prank he decides, he’s new to the club and hazing is common in schools like these. Yeah that’s what this is, some dumb prank by his friends. Writing an ominous message like I know can apply to anyone; no one is secretless after all.

Except Baekhyun would kill anyone who would trash his Choir room and Kyungsoo knows Joonmyeon and Chen wouldn’t go along with something like this.

At that moment he hears the doorknob creak open and the unmistakable sounds of footprints coming in.

His breath goes still, body tensing by reflex as he quickly turns to look at the entrance to the room, his mind is screaming to run but his feet are glued to the floor and he just stares like a deer in the headlights.

It seems like an eternity that he waits, hands nervously pressed at his sides and breath held.

It isn’t until Joonmyeon walk through the entrance that Kyungsoo finally lets out the breath he was holding. Hands quickly going behind him to hide the paper.

“Oh my god, what happened here!?” The blonde exclaims as he takes in the scene in front of him.

Kyungsoo crumples the paper in his palms behind him and quickly stuffs it into his pockets while the older male is distracted. When Joonmyeon’s eyes finally land on him the shorter male is scared for a split second that the other might think he caused this, but his worried tone and “Are you okay?” quickly calms him of his nerves.

“Y-yeah, I just got here too and found the place like this.”

Joonmyeon lets out a sigh and brings a hand up to run it through his hair, “This is probably just a mean prank, i’ll let the faculty know someone got in here.” After a moment he looks back at Kyungsoo curiously. “By the way, what are you doing here?”

The nymph boy furrows his eyebrows “What do you mean, don’t we have choir club today?”

“Yeah but we’re practicing in the auditorium today remember? We left a memo on your door did you not get it?”

The shorter male wracks his brain but nowhere does he remember seeing anything on his door. He shakes his head.

Joonmyeon scratches his cheek and mutters a quick “that’s weird we stuck it on there pretty securely” before moving to a cabinet by the wall and pulling out a stack of papers. “Anyway, I just came by to pick these up, c’mon I’ll show you where the auditorium is we’ll be meeting there a few more times.”

Kyungsoo just nods and follows the older boy, his hand sneaking into his pocket and touching the crumpled piece of paper.

There’s something extremely uncomfortable about the whole situation and part of Kyungsoo is starting to doubt it was just a coincidence that he was the one to find the note, but the question was who was doing this? Or more importantly, what did they mean by I know?

He looks at the large windows covering the room, the curtains drawn in to block out any sunlight the walls thick and soundproof. He swallows nervously, what if Joonmyeon hadn’t of come?

With shaky hands hidden inside his pants he quietly follows the blonde outside the building.

---

It’s nothing Kyungsoo, you’re being paranoid, just relax

Has pretty much been his whole mental mantra for the rest of the day. Choir practice went by smoothly with only a minor freak out by Baekhyun after Joonmyeon shared the news of the state of the room, but luckily no one was suspecting him despite being caught in that compromising situation. He was glad he had loyal friends. Although he wondered what that said about him for keeping the note a secret.

But he had his reasons, after all he wasn’t sure what was going on and didn’t want to cause needless worry. Right now he just really wanted some sleep.

With heavy legs Kyungsoo dragged himself into the elevator and pressed the number for his floor, quietly waiting as the machine brought him up.

Once the beep signaled he was there he got out and made his way towards his room, part of him was tempted to knock on Chanyeols door to see if the taller boy was in, but Kyungsoo was tired and he figured he wouldn’t be good company right now. He’ll catch the older boy another day.

With a sigh he reached out and gripped the doorknob but a dark spot on his door caught his attention.

Curiously he moved closer, what in the world was that?

On closer inspection there where faint markings that looked carved into his door, bringing up a hand he traced them with his finger, feeling hard ridges on where they started and ended.

Something cold settled in his gut and he immediately drew back his hand.

They were claw marks.

He glanced at the doors next to him, maybe it wasn’t just him?

Chanyeol’s was clear and so was the mysterious Kim Jongins- except-a glint in Jongin’s doorknob catches his eye. There’s paint chipped of around the gold sphere and while normally that isn’t something to be concerned about Kyungsoo shockingly realized the chipped of paint is in the same markings as his door.

He quickly ushers into his room, it’s nothing he tells himself, its nothing.

But that night Kyungsoo sleeps with his heart beating heavy and the seeds his mother gave him wrapped tightly in his palm.

 


A U T H O R S N O T E

twitter / tumblr

We interrupt your regularly scheduled hiatus to bring you a message from our sponsor!

Whoa okay first things first this update is waaaay overdue and im really sorry for that~ As you can tell WW took a semi-hiatus while I went through some writers block for this story. However i tried to pull my together and finally give you guys an update OTL Another thing is that the story is coming to an end soon, however im leaving it open for a sequel series in case i get my EXO mojo back.

Thank you guys so much for subscribing and sticking with me through the thick and thin! I hope you all have a wonderful day.<3