My Lady

Baby It's A Wild World

"Show me a bit more of yourself
To be honest
This harmony I haven’t felt before
Don’t be too late"

 

C H A P T E R 13: MY LADY


 

The sweat prickles in the back of his neck, hair rising on its own accord

Kyungsoo holds his breath as he takes another step down the deserted hall.

Bang bang

The wind is hitting at the windows, air screeching as it passes through the cracks, the lighting is getting stronger and stronger outside.

He can hear vague footsteps trailing behind him, in front of him, the sound is everywhere. He swallows a lump in his throat and keeps going.

There’s a door infront of him, he’s terrified to open it but he knows its his way out. With shaky hands he reaches for the doorknob but at the same time the footsteps intensify, they sound like gunshots.

Bang baNG BANG BA-

Kyungsoo’s eyes snap open and after a second his vision adjusts. He’s sprawled out on his beds, pillow wet with sweat as his hair sticks to it as he moves he adjusts his head.

Someone is knocking on the door.

With a curse Kyungsoo bolts out of his bed, he completely forgot and overslept. Chanyeol had wanted to eat breakfast with him for today and Kyungsoo promised to have it ready. Biting his lip he wipes his head with his sheet, it’s gross but he reminds himself to wash it later and then walks towards the door, sparing a moment to adjust his pajamas.

Chanyeols grin is as bright as the sun; he’s wearing some comfortable clothes and has what looks like a boxed cake in his hands. Kyungsoo raises and eyebrow but side steps to let the taller male in.

“Hey im really sorry I must of overslept.”

Chanyeol just lets out a laugh, the sound is really pleasing. Seriously Kyungsoo wants to record it and use it for destress therapies.

“Yeah I figured when you weren’t in the commons kitchen. Anyway, I bought a cake to celebrate the showcase!” He carefully puts down the box on Kyungsoo’s nightstand and starts to open it.

“The showcase isn’t till tonight Yeol, don’t you think we’re celebrating a little too early?” Kyungsoo chuckles despite himself at his friends coy smile, the smell of strawberries passes through his nose and the shorter male feels his mouth water, he has a weakness for strawberry shortcake.

Chanyeol turns and gazes at him, smile fading as he finally takes in his ragged appearance.

“Are you okay?” He asks concern laced in his voice as he bring out a hand to touch Kyungsoo’s forehead.

The shorter male just sighs and leans into the warm hand, “Yeah I’m ok, I’ve just been having some nightmares these past few days. I’m probably just nervous about today.”

Chanyeol brings his arms to wrap around his shorter friend in a loose hug, Kyungsoo wants to push him away because he’s not one to be coddled but Chanyeol is so warm and inviting and apparently knows all of Kyungsoo’s weaknesses.

“Hey, you’re going to do great today you hear? You’re going to blow everyone’s socks off.”

Kyungsoo laughs into Chanyeols shoulder; the elder has such a way with words. But still, they made him laugh so he supposes it could be considered a win. “I’d rather just have my voice not crack but blowing socks off sounds good too.”

Chanyeol pats Kyungsoo’s back and messes with his hair, the sweatiness of it not even bothering his happy go lucky mind. Chanyeol is truly something else. “C’mon let’s eat this cake” He says in that deep voice of his and who is Kyunsoo to refuse?

Chanyeol is the only one who can convince the shorter male to have cake for breakfast and he’s not sure yet whether that’s a good or bad thing.

___

They’re in the auditorium setting up for the stage when Kyungsoo gets a glimpse of him again.

Jongin is with a couple other dancers checking out the stage floor and Kyungsoo has a sudden nerve to go talk to him. Luckily the dancer looked in his direction and caught his eye, breaking out into a grin Jongin approached him first.

“Hey!” He greeted happily, adjusting his snapback almost shyly.

Kyungsoo returned his smile and greeting.

“You ready for the showcase today?” Jongin asked casually, speaking a little louder than normal so he could be heard over the buzz of the speakers.

“I don’t know I’m super nervous.” Kyungsoo responded honestly, eyes darting away for a second when he noticed some of his club members giving him weird looks.

Jongin placed a hand on Kyungsoo’s shoulder, the warmth quickly spreading throughout the area. “I’m sure you’ll do great.” He spoke reassuringly, eye crinkling into crescents.

“Thanks, same goes for you.” Kyungsoo responded, feeling giddy all of a sudden.

From the back the dancers called Jongin back to practice, Jongin waved at them to signal he’d be there before turning around and bidding the shorter male goodbye.

Kyungsoo watched sadly as the dancer walked away from him, but his stomach fluttered when he remembered that the other had placed a hand on his shoulder.

----

“Thanks for coming!” Kyungsoo greeted as he spotted his friends coming into the auditorium. Lay and Luhan had been the first ones to arrive, they gave Kyungsoo a big grin and a hug before taking their seats. Kris had been next and Kyungsoo was surprised to see Tao had tagged along as well. He gave them an acknowledging nod which they returned. Sehun walked in with a friend Kyungsoo recognized from his English class and they both gave him a thumbs up.

Kyungsoo had kept his eyes peeled but so far there was no sign of his tall lanky friend. Biting his lip in worry the nymph boy checked his watch; the show was starting in less than 15 minutes. Chanyeol wouldn’t miss it…would he?

“Kyungsoo! C’mon we’re starting soon, let’s get prepped.” Baekhyuns voice spoke from behind him and the shorter male frowned but followed the other backstage. Maybe Chanyeol was just running a little late.

The showcase would start by a group performance by the dance club, then the choir club and then they would go on to the solo performances.

When the dancers where about to go onstage Kyungsoo excitedly watched from the sidelines, eyes immediately picking out Jongin.

The music was powerful and full of energy and the short male watch amazed as the bodies moved in ways he didn’t even know could.

The curtains closed and the choir members quickly rushed out and the dancers left the stage. Kyungsoo felt two strong arms wrap around him and a soft “good luck” being whispered into his ear before the dancer was off.

Kyungsoo stood frozen.

Not because of the hug no, but because of the familiarity of it, the familiarity of the arms and of the voice. The same ones he had felt that one night he almost fell into the fountain. The being with the golden eyes.

Kyungsoo felt a lump in his throat, that couldn’t have been Jongin…could it?

He had no time to think because suddenly music was playing and the curtains where drawing open. Focusing last minute Kyungsoo started to sing.

There was a shuffling in the crowd and amidst the cheering the nymph managed to catch a familiar deep voice. His eyes quickly darting towards that direction.

There stood Chanyeol in the front, holding up a large banner with Kyungsoo’s name on it and he was cheering and waving it around.

The short boy felt his face redden but he couldn’t hold back his stupid grin at his friends antics, Chanyeol must of noticed him staring because he grinned cheekily back.

The rest of the performance ran by smoothly and Kyungsoo bowed to the loud roaring of the crowd, feeling immesiely proud of himself. The other members, most notably Suho and Chen also had huge grins on their faces.

“We did really good!”
“You killed that solo!”

Kyungsoo just chuckled and quietly sneaked off the stage to greet Chanyeol. The taller male ran up to him and pulled him into a hug. Kyungsoo laughed and returned the embrace, feeling happy from all the attention.

“You did so well!” Chanyeol praised and Kyungsoo raised an eyebrow teasingly.

“You do know it’s not over yet right? Hold your applause till the end.”

Chanyeol just laughed before getting quiet, eyes changing as he stared into Kyungsoo’s

“There’s something I have to tell you Soo.”

“Tell me later, I have to go prepare for my solo stage.”

“I can’t if I don’t say it now I might lose my nerve. Soo I really really li-”

An announcement stating that the solo stages would be up next cut off Chanyeol and Kyungsoo cursed inwardly.

“I have to go I might be up next! Just tell me later Yeol.” Kyungsoo interrupted, giving Chanyeol a sorry smile before sprinting backstage. Missing the way the smile on Chanyeols face fell or the sad look he gave Kyungsoo retreating back.

Like Kyungsoo had predicted his solo stage was next and he breathed heavily through his nostrils.

It was now or never.

Taking a moment to collect his thoughts he walked towards the center of the stage and closed his eyes. The music started to play through the speakers and Kyungsoo could hear the crowd quieting as the curtains opened to reveal him.

The song meant a lot to him and he put every ounce of passion to it, making sure to give the performance of his lifetime.

He was nearing the end when the mic started getting faulty. The speakers started getting staticy and before Kyungsoo knew it the mic had completely shut off. The nymph boy felt his insides turn cold. No, no this was not happening.

With widened eyes he quickly looked around, he was frozen he had no idea what to do.

Then, the lights started flickering rendering the stage pitch black before illuminating it once again. Kyungsoo had no idea what was going on and he could see the audience members murmuring amongst themselves equally as confused.

A sudden scream broke out from the door way and Kyungsoo felt his heart stop.

At the entrance stood a large black figure, it’s gleaming eyes obvious even from this distance. It looked like a monster, hunched up onto its hindlegs with animalistic features. Like somekind of dog human hybrid.

Wait it couldn’t be.

A werewolf?

A howl broke out from it and the lights went off. Everybody began to panic and evacuate, it was a mess.

“Kyungsoo!” He heard a voice call out, it sounded like Chanyeol.

The nymph called back desperately but he couldn’t see anything. Then, he felt something grip him harshly, it was the beast!

He let out a scream and began to struggle but the beast overpowered him and began to carry him off. Kyungsoo felt his body stiff with fear, his mind going haywire. He didn’t know where the beast was taking him or why but in a moment of desperation Kyungsoo took out the seeds from his pocket, dropping them to make a makeshift trail.

The beat hauled him into the woods and Kyungsoo let out a groan when he felt sharp claws itch into his skin. Unknowingly to him Kyungsoo’s powers had begun to awaken because a tree root harshly detached from the ground and caught the beast’s leg. Losing its balance it dropped and sent Kyungsoo rolling to the floor. The shorter boy let out a scream as he felt his leg bent out of place.

Scrambling away from it Kyungsoo blindly d at a tree, calling for help into the night.

Finally he turned back and saw the beast struggling with the tree root; it would break free any moment.

‘What do you want from me?!” Kyungsoo cried out, shaking helplessly. The beast snarled and turned in his direction. It’s beady eyes staring into his soul.

“You.” It responded with a harsh voice, sounding animalistic and wild.

He broke free from the root and began to slowly approach Kyungsoo, alternating between all fours and on its hind legs. Kyungsoo held his breath.

The best was suddenly knocked back as another large dark figure knocked into it. Kyungsoo let out a gasp. It was almost exactly the same except its fur was a dark brown and its eyes where a familiar yellow hue.

It snarled and scratched and they began to attack each other harshly. Kyungsoo watched with frightened eyes as the dark brown werewolf was thrown against a nearby tree, letting out a growl of pain.

Its eyes turned to look at Kyungsoo worriedly and the nymph boy felt his insides twist.

“Jongin?” He whispered cautiously but the widened eyes the beast gave him let him know he had guessed right.

“Watch out!” He yelled out when he noticed the black werewolf approach them again, Jongin weakly got back on his feet and growled.

A shriek pierced the clearing and a bright light flew above them. Kyungsoo recognized the heat immediately and let out a smile when there was a flaming bird flying above them.

Two figures also dashed through the trees, it was Lay and Luhan both in their shifted forms. They ran up in front of Kyungsoo and gave the beast angry looks.

From another side the nymph saw two unfamiliar beings one was made out of pure electricity and it glowed brightly sending shockwaves through the ground. The one next to it was made of water and it left puddles with every step. Kyungsoo wouldn’t have recognized them had he not seen Baekhyun the wizard in training run up behind them. Wand in tow.

The beast was getting nervous eyes darting everywhere and snarling nastily. He knew he was outnumbered.

Quickly he launched himself to an unoccupied side and ran through the trees in an attempt to get away, however surprisingly no one made an attempt to go after him.

The flaming bird swooped down and shifted into Chanyeol before Kyungsoo’s eyes, approaching Kyungsoo rapidly. “You’re not going to chase him?!” Kyungsoo responded, only to see a smirk on Chanyeols face.

“Trust me, with what’s coming after him no one can run from that.” Kyungsoo furrowed his brow in confusion but a howl was heard and a screech before two enormous figures loomed in the sky.

Two dragons flew above them holding the beast with their claws, the beast was growling and snapping but he was no match for a dragon.

Kyungsoo’s mouth fell open but not for long because soon everyone began rushing up to him asking if he was ok.

Jongin had reverted back to his original form and was lagging behind, a wince evident on his face as he held one of his arms.

“Jongin!” Kyungsoo called out in worry but the other was already making an attempt to flee. Baekhyun put a stop to him by grabbing his bicep.

“Oh no, you’re not going anywhere not without a trip to the medical office. Plus I need to thank you for saving my Soo, who knows what hard would’ve of come to him had you not been so quick on your feet.”

Everyone quickly turned to glare at Baekhyun for his “my soo” comment but the nymph boy only let out a chuckle. Before letting Chanyeol push him onto Lay’s back, since he wouldn’t be able to walk with a broken leg. Kyungsoo patted the horse softly in thanks to which Lay responded with a happy huff.

Jongin was also placed onto Luhan and they made their way to the nurse’s office.

---

“Can you pass me the remote?”

Kyungsoo raised an eyebrow at the boy laying on the medical bed next to him before reaching over and throwing it at Jongin.

“Just cause your arm is broken doesn’t mean you can boss me around ya know, im still older than you.”

Jongin let out a cheeky grin and switched the channel to cartoons. Kyungsoo sighed and rolled his eyes but couldn’t help but hold back his smile.

The beast turned out to be an out of control student with a notorious hate for humans, he had been suspended and eventually banished from the school but somehow managed to break back in and reverse the body changing spell. Luckily he had brought Kyungsoo to the crack which made the other be able to rescue him easier, if he hadn’t who knows if Kyungsoo would even still be alive.

Turning to his side the nymph spotted the large amount of vases and flowers on his stand, carnations from the choir club, lilies from sehun, daisies from his classmates and surprisingly roses from Chanyeol.

Kyungsoo smiled and grabbed one of the roses, pressing it to his nose to take in its sweet scent. The rose brightened up in Kyungsoo’s hold and twisted to entwine itself in his finger.

He was still pretty new to the whole plant powers, and definitely needed to work on that.

Kyungsoo let out a sigh and leaned back into his bed, despite the fact that some crazy beast was after him or that he almost died…the school itself wasn’t half bad. After all he had made some pretty great friends. Friends with crazy powers and abilities but friends none the less.

Kyungsoo turned to look at the flowers one more time, he heard the chuckling of Jongin in the background and the noise of the cartoon coming from the small tv. The nymph boy let out a smile.

Not bad at all.

 


A U T H O R S N O T E

twitter /

And there we have it folks Baby It's A Wild World has officially come to its end! I'd like to apologize if the ending wasn't what you hoped it would be and its my own fault but if i kept putting off the story any longer i would've abandoned it entirely. I'd like to thank each and every one of my subscribers and everyone who left wonderfull comments you guys where such a big inspiration! I left the ending for you to interpret as you wish!

Bye bye have a lovely summer friends<333