6

Captivated

Returning home to find a woman in their house wasn’t what Luhan had in mind. Not to mention that said woman was extremely beautiful with her flowing, black hair, slender frame and flawless skin. It made Luhan felt like a bloated whale next to her. Said woman smiled upon seeing him and even stood up to greet Luhan, which was just ridiculous because this was Luhan’s house and he should be the one doing the greeting, not her. With a forced smile on his face, he reached out to shake the woman’s hand.

Her perfume was overpowering, nauseatingly rich and musky, to the point that Luhan almost wanted to puke, but he forced it down. “You are?”

“Oh! Sehun didn’t tell you that I would be here? I am Seoyeon.” She gave Luhan a dazzling smile as she invited him to sit down.

“He didn’t tell me anything,” Luhan informed her and saw her frowning.

“Sehun can be a tad forgetful at times,” Seoyeon waved it off. “Anyway, I am going to stay here for now, since my father has thrown me out of my house – “

“Stay as in stay?” Luhan asked to make sure that he didn’t mishear her, because this was supposed to be just his house. Yes, getting thrown out of her house was pitiful but Sehun could have put her up in a hotel or some other place, rather than here.

“Yes, I will be staying here.” Seoyeon told him. “I hope that we will get along.”

Forcing another smile, Luhan nodded before getting up and heading to his bedroom. Someone had some explaining to do.

 

 

“Sehun, there is a woman in our house.” Luhan got straight to the point without any greeting. After this surprise that Sehun had sprung on him, the man should be grateful that he didn’t start by shouting into the phone.

“Are you talking about Seoyeon? Sorry, I got too busy and forgot to inform you.” Sehun told him. “Don’t worry about her, she will be staying with us for the time being – “

“No,” Luhan cut him off. “I don’t want her staying with us.”

“Luhan,” Sehun had let out an exasperated sigh. “She is the daughter of one of my business’s partner. Her father had told me to look after her – “

“No,” Luhan was getting more emotional now, his voice trembled slightly. “I don’t want her staying with us.”

“Be reasonable, will you?” Sehun seem to be at the end of his patience. “She will only be staying for a week or so – “

“You can let her stay in a hotel or something,” Luhan cried.

“Her father had told me to look after her – “

With that, Luhan had hung up on him before throwing the phone across the room. It hit the wall with a satisfying crash.

 

 

Luhan went down after the phone call to Sehun and saw Seoyeon at the kitchen. The sight of her cooking made Luhan even more uneasy because cooking was his responsibility in the house. Upon spotting him, Seoyeon gave him another smile.

It didn’t put Luhan at ease, he only felt his skin crawl at how fake the smile was. He decided then and there that he needed to know what Seoyeon’s purpose here. Call him crazy or paranoid but there was something about this woman that he couldn’t trust.

“Seoyeon, tell me why are you here?” Luhan stood beside her, watching her chopped the carrots.

“What are you talking about?” Seoyeon had appeared to be confused. “I am here because I have nowhere else to stay.”

 “Drop the act, what is your real purpose here?” Luhan persisted because he knew that Seoyeon had understood him perfectly.

Dropping the carrots into the pot of boiling water, Seoyeon took her time to answer Luhan. “What do you think?”

“I think that you are here to steal Sehun,” Luhan voiced out his suspicious and Seoyeon had covered the lid of the pot before turning to him.

“To be honest, I didn’t come here to steal him.” Seoyeon examined her perfectly manicured nails. “I come here to claim my rightful spot. He is supposed to be with me and you are the unexpected factor.”

Hearing this from her didn’t make Luhan feel any better, it only made him scared because this woman was serious.

“I've known him since forever, and I am supposed to be his wife but you – “ Seoyeon had pointed at Luhan, glaring at him. “ – appeared and spoil everything.”

“I am the one with his child – “

“Then everything will be settled if the child disappeared, right?” Seoyeon raised an eyebrow at Luhan. “I am not going to leave here without an engagement ring on my finger.”

 

 

Luhan looked at the blank canvas in front of him, he was supposed to do another piece for the opening of his exhibition, but he just couldn’t find it in himself to start anything. Seoyeon’s words still rang in his mind and he wondered if this was a nightmare.

First and foremost, he still wasn’t sure how he should label his and Sehun's relationship. Now, there was another complication added to this already complicated situation. It didn’t help that Seoyeon was a beautiful woman and Luhan paled in comparison to her.

Luhan should be fighting back, claiming his rightful spot but really, what was his spot in the first place? That woman out there was someone who had a past with Sehun, he didn’t know if she had slept with him or if she had – stop.

Placing his hand on his stomach, he was at a loss as to what he should do. Sighing, he headed to his couch and laid down on it. He would just take a nap first, everything else could wait.

 

 

Opening his eyes, he saw Sehun looking down at him with tenderness in his eyes. Sehun had immediately gone to his side to help him up, before draping a jacket over his shoulders. “Cover up, I don’t want you to be catching a cold.”

“I sent Seoyeon to a hotel just now,” Sehun informed him.

“Sorry, I was being all emotional just now and I – “ Luhan sighed. “She is beautiful, isn’t she?”

“Luhan – “

“I am a burden, right? If I wasn’t pregnant, you wouldn’t be forced to stay with me.” With each word he said, Luhan could feel his walls crumbling. But he couldn’t stop now, he needed to get this off his chest. “She was supposed to marry you or something, right? Did my appearance ruin everything?”

Gathering him in his arms, Luhan started to cry. He was feeling extremely vulnerable now. “I am sorry.”

“I don’t plan on marrying her or anyone for that matter,” Sehun told him. “You have nothing to apologise for, I should thank you instead, for appearing in my life.”

“Are you sure? What if one day you decide that you want to – “

Sehun shook his head, “There won’t come such a day because I am already thoroughly captivated by you and I can’t so much as look at anyone else.”

“I am hungry,” Luhan smiled through his tears. “Little cupcake wants to eat.”

“Come on, let’s feed the both of you.” Sehun tugged him up, his larger hand grabbing hold of Luhan’s smaller one. Luhan decided he liked the contrast. 

 

 

 

 

*an: let's just say that this won't be the last that you will see seoyeon. and well, I already have an idea what I want to do for my next fic. as for this fic, I am planning to end it within twenty chapters or maybe less than because I didn't have much planned in advance and I am writing what strike me. alright, that is all for now. thanks as always for all the upvotes, subscription and comments. so follow me on twitter to see what i am up to or drop me a prompt at my ask.fm because I wanted to write a fluffy oneshot but I have no inspiration for that.