kaisoo [side]

Captivated

*an: for all of you who are asking me for kaisoo sequel, here it is. 

 

 

 

---------------kaisoo------------

Jongin had discovered rather belatedly that Luhan was trying to set him up, getting him to settle down and start his own family. He guessed it had something to do with Luhan’s newly wedded status, a phrase that the slender male was going through.

A phrase that he hoped will pass extremely soon.

However, to his growing disappointment, it wasn’t a phrase. In fact, it felt as though Luhan was serious about wanting Jongin to settle which Jongin had realised when he was tricked to go to a blind date set up by none other than, Luhan.

He had a nagging feeling that something was off as he stepped into the restaurant. Turned out that his sixth sense was pretty much trustable when he saw a woman seated beside Luhan. It didn’t take a genius to piece all the information together and Jongin had bolted immediately. He didn’t even stop when Luhan called out his name.

Once he was back at home, Jongin had turned off his phone and locked his house. He decided that he was going to disappear from the face of the Earth just for a little while or at least until Luhan managed to find a new target to spread his newly wedded bliss with.

To be extremely honest, Jongin was fine with being single and the occasional hook-ups if he feel like it. There was no responsibilities, they were only the most physical relationship and that was fine by him.

Feelings complicated simple things, Jongin was someone who didn’t like to overly complicate things. Granted, his heart did clench the slightest bit whenever he saw the looks passed between Sehun and Luhan where just for that moment, it was as though they were wrapped up in their own world.

No one else but just each other.

But it wasn’t easy to have that sort of relationship. In the end, Jongin just didn’t want to be disappointed. He didn’t want to invest his feelings, his time into something without a definite result.

As the saying always go, “The higher the expectation, the greater the disappointment.”

For that one whole week, Jongin had taken leave, choosing to stay at home. The idea of asking Sehun for help did pass through his mind but he decided against it. Knowing Sehun, the male will probably gang up with Luhan.

While Luhan was doing it out of genuine goodwill, Sehun was doing it because it amused him. That just irritated Jongin to no end, he rather die than to ask Sehun for help. He managed to escape Luhan for that one week and he had thought that things died down when he returned back to work on Monday only to be proven wrong.

 

 

Luhan was earlier than him, seated on Jongin’s chair and clasping his hands, placing it on the desk. Inching back slowly, Jongin was dismayed to find out that his escape route was blocked off as he heard the sound of the door closing.

Luhan glared at him for a while before breaking out into a sugary sweet smile. A nauseating smile that usually means that the male was up to no good and Jongin was the unfortunate victim this time.

Swallowing, Jongin tugged his collar slightly. “I am busy. There are like a million things that I have to do – “

Luhan didn’t cut him off as he continued smiling.

“I am fine – “ Jongin trailed off before sighing extremely deep. “What do you want?”

“A date at this place, tonight.” Luhan placed the restaurant’s business card on the table. “I expect you to be there – “

“In return for going on this date, you back off my relationship status.” Jongin told him. Since this was a done deal, Jongin was going to suffer for nothing.

“You are bargaining with me?” Luhan narrowed his eyes. “Seriously – “

“Look, Princess. Not everyone wanted to be surrounded with pink hearts, glitter and rainbow.” Jongin rolled his eyes. “I am fine the way I am. I like my life as it is, so deal or no deal?”

“Deal,” Luhan answered him after a while. “You better be on your best behaviour tonight. Otherwise, I am going to be organising all of your future dates here.”

“You won’t dare – “

“Try me,” Luhan told him, breezing past Jongin as he exited the office.

 

 

If anyone were to look at Jongin, they probably thought that he was headed to a funeral instead of a date. But that can’t be helped because this was exactly how Jongin was feeling at this current moment.

Straightening his tie, checking his hair in the mirror for the final time, he stepped out of his car and headed to the restaurant. It was a fancy restaurant with a fancy name that probably half of the patrons won’t be able to pronounce.

Leave it to Luhan to pick such a place, high class and expensive to boot. A place where Jongin doesn’t or rather, will never fit in.

The maître led him to his table after he given him his name. Asking for a glass of water, Jongin started to survey the place.  Growing bored after a while, he took the menu and browsed through. Since this meal was going to be fully sponsored by Luhan, he might as well take the chance to eat to his heart’s content.

His annoyance melted just the tiniest bit as he flipped through the menu. He was deciding between the choice of beef or chicken when he heard the sound of the chair being pulled out and someone was seated in front of him.

Alright, Luhan did have considerably good taste after all. At least, the male was cute. Cute in the I-am-extremely-flustered-but-trying-my-best-to-look-calm way. The male almost succeeded if his hand didn’t tremble or if his eyes didn’t dart around, not stopping at Jongin’s face once.

“Hi, you must be – “

“I am sorry,” the male blurted out, cutting Jongin short. “I am not looking to go into a relationship right now.”

 

 

Did I just get rejected? Jongin thought to himself incredulously. I did, the puppy cute male in front of him just rejected me.

Jongin had blinked once, twice and thrice. Not to brag or anything but Jongin had never encountered a rejection before or at least not so blunt in his face kind of rejection. His pride took a hit and he was contemplating if he should just call it a day because no way in hell, he was still going to sit here with someone who had rejected him so abruptly.

“I didn’t hurt your feelings, did I?” The male had continued as he sneaked a peek at Jongin. “I – It is just that, you are too attractive and I am just me. You know like heaven and earth differen – wait, or should it be heaven and hell different? Nevermind, but do you mind me asking if there is something wrong like a disability or – “

“Wait – What?” Jongin wasn’t sure if he had heard what the male had said correctly. The only thing he caught on was that the male had thought him to be attractive.

“I mean someone with your looks shouldn’t be lurking on dating sites. You probably have a long queue of woman or man waiting to go out on a date with you.” The male said, taking a sip of water in between. “It- It could be that you are a closet serial murdere – no, I didn’t say anything at all. You didn’t hear me. I am not here.”

The alarmed look on the male’s face had Jongin burst out laughing. This startled the male as his eyes darted to the knife and his hand subtly reached out to push the knife out of Jongin’s reach.  “How did Luhan manage to discover a gem like you? And no, I am not going to take that knife.”

“How – “

“You weren’t being very subtle.” Jongin answered him.  

The male had placed the knife back on the table when his brows furrowed in confusion. “Luhan? Who is Luhan? Wait a minute, are you Kim Junmyeon?”

“While my surname is Kim but unfortunately or fortunately, I am not Kim Junmyeon. I am Kim Jongin.” A blush crept up the male’s face as Jongin saw him burying his face in his hands.

“I am not here, I didn’t just mistaken you for my date and – “Peeking through his fingers, the male had continued timidly. “How about you close your eyes? I will be gone once you open your eyes.”

“What is your name?” Jongin had asked him, laughter twinkling in his eyes.

“Kyungsoo, Do Kyungsoo.” The male replied softly, looking down at the floor. The tip of his ears red from embarrassment.

Perhaps, it had to do with fact that Kyungsoo looked like he rather die than to continue sitting in front of Jongin. Perhaps, it got to do with the fact that it had been a while since Jongin had laughed genuinely.

But this very second, Jongin had felt his heart racing faster. Maybe it won’t be so bad to see where this lead to.

If it is this male, Jongin won’t mind trying.

 

 

 

Jongin never thought that this will happen to him even in his wildest dream. Let’s just say that Jongin’s dreams can be really wild. Looking at the crying Kyungsoo whose nose was red and eyes puffy, he had behaved like a coward and settled for handing the crying male tissue, not daring to say a single word.

They were treading no thin ice and just one wrong word can set Kyungsoo off into another crying fit. Granted, it wasn’t as if he was completely free of all responsibilities. But it takes two person to make a baby so blaming all on him wasn’t exact fair, right?

Not that he will ever ask Kyungsoo this question, he still valued his life. The usual fearless right hand man of Oh Sehun, the man who can kill with no mercy much less blinking, was currently helpless against a crying male. Jongin could already hear the Luhan’s laughter if the male ever learn of this episode in Jongin’s life.

“I am sorry,” Jongin said after a while. The key to a couple’s fight? If you are the guy, take the initiative to apologise even though it is not your fault. A lesson which he had learnt from Luhan. Not that he could imagine Sehun apologising to Luhan but this advice had saved him a couple of times.

“Why are you apologising?” Kyungsoo asked.

“I understand that you might not be ready for a baby yet. I understand if you want to abort the baby, I won’t blame you and it won’t change anything between us.” Jongin finally got out the words that he had thought over a million times in his mind. While it killed him to say those things but what else could he do to comfort Kyungsoo?

There were times when Jongin had suspected if this relationship was simply one-sided. He was afraid of his deepest fear that this relationship, after all of the time and feelings invested, was going to end up in disappointment.

He had tried to convince himself but the fact that Kyungsoo had kept putting him off despite him asking the male to marry him a few times. This scared him, he didn’t want himself to be right because he wasn’t sure if he could take his heart breaking and the disappointment that followed.

Turned out that Kim Jongin was a coward. But then again, when it comes to dealing with rejection from the one person who mattered, it didn’t matter who you are, you will be scared. Therefore, instead of facing the problem head on, Jongin chose to run away.

He believed that as long as he didn’t bring that topic up, Kyungsoo will stay with him. Jongin believed that time can solve all kind of problems, if Kyungsoo stay long enough with him, the male will love him just like how Sehun loved Luhan.

However, that conviction is wavering as he dared not to look in his eyes. “I am sorry –“

Kyungsoo placed his finger on Jongin’s lips, preventing the tanned male from saying anything. “I just got too emotional. I want a family with you, I want a child that look like you when he smiles.”

Something warmth coursed through Jongin’s heart as he looked at Kyungsoo. The joy in his eyes were blinding. Kyungsoo felt that maybe he should have told this to the tanned male earlier. It was only now when he realised that he had unknowingly hurt Jongin in his refusal to settle down with him.

He should have sensed Jongin’s insecurity sooner, he should have seen the doubt in Jongin’s eyes. But he didn’t because he was set on wanting the perfect moment. Cupping the tanned male’s face gently, Kyungsoo leaned down to press a kiss on his forehead. “I am sorry for making you wait, I just wanted things to be perfect. I didn’t realise – “

“It is fine,” Jongin assured him, reaching up to hug him. This wait is worth it, what mattered is that Kyungsoo is beside him now.

There was no such thing as a right timing, perfection never exist in love. But Kyungsoo was fine with it now, what mattered was that he had someone who love him, someone who is willing to spoil him – this man who simply adored him completely.

Maybe the so-called perfect moment is created by them. Being on the same page where Jongin wasn’t going too fast and he wasn’t going to slow. This moment where their pace finally matches each other?

Perhaps, this is the moment that Kyungsoo was waiting.  Jongin hugged the smaller male tightly, placing a kiss on his cheek.

Just like how Sehun had found his home in Luhan, Jongin now had found his home in Kyungsoo.

 

 

 

 

*an: andand, we have come to the end. hope all of you enjoy this chapter and like it as much as i do. cheers!