11 [end]

Captivated

Jongin refused to show any emotions on his face as he watched Luhan and Sehun walk down the aisle. He was touched and extremely happy for his friend, but being the badass that he was, showing such emotions were a big no – no. Therefore, with the scariest scowl on his face, he folded his arms and watched as the both of them exchanged their rings. Honestly, never in his life would he have thought that he would be able to see this day. Sehun and Jongin had both come from an orphanage; they were street rats with no education and a bleak future.

They struggled to survive in the harsh world but against all odds they managed to make a name for themselves. Afterwards, Sehun had ruled the underworld with an iron fist. He showed no mercy, he had no weakness, his heart was like ice as he locked his emotions up and hid the key. All of these were necessary for them to live in this world where just one wrong step meant their bodies being buried six feet under. Therefore, Sehun refused to trust anyone. Those people who hit on him were treated as bed warmers, and once he was bored with them, he dumped them.

Jongin never thought that it was possible for Sehun to love anyone. Because how could he after what they had witnessed in their life?

However, out of nowhere, Luhan came along. For one reason or another, Sehun was drawn to him. Jongin was worried at first because the both of them came from different world. Luhan was the light and Sehun was the darkness, they didn’t belong together.

Jongin’s first thought were that Luhan was simply another way for Sehun to pass the time. But he spotted the softening of Sehun’s eyes, he saw how carefully Sehun handled Luhan. He began to get scared because Luhan wasn’t just a nobody to Sehun. Luhan was becoming important to him, but it didn’t change the fact that Luhan wouldn’t fit into their world. How could such a soft person survive in their world? Yet with each passing day, he saw Sehun’s smile becoming brighter.

Jongin grew even more conflicted. He wanted Sehun to be happy but he was scared that his friend wouldn’t be able to take it if Luhan’s light was tainted. After all, darkness tainted everything it came into contact with. Therefore, Jongin had warned Luhan to stay away.

What he didn’t expect was Luhan glaring at him, telling him to mind his own business. Who would have known? The little kitty had claws. Extremely sharp claws, at that, and for a moment there, Jongin realised what made Sehun fall in love Luhan.

The man was everything that Sehun looked for. He was bright, he was magnanimous – not to say that everything was good about Luhan. The princess had a temper and he was extremely clumsy too, but perhaps, those little flaws made Luhan even more perfect in Sehun’s eyes.

Perhaps that was why he wasn’t surprised when Sehun told him that he wanted out of this world because the male had found something more important. He saw the length that Sehun was willing to go for Luhan, and he absolutely refused to have his darkness taint Luhan.

It was a long and arduous struggle, since it wasn’t easy to get out of this world. But they managed to do it because they had something they wanted to protect. Afterwards, Sehun had migrated overseas and Jongin had followed. They had set up a company, starting everything from anew. It was tiring but they overcome it and their company finally managed to get listed.   

Watching the both of them, exchanging their vows, Jongin’s lips turned up ever so slightly. Two utterly lost people who belonged to different world managed to find each other. They accepted each other’s flaws and their love was so blinding and dazzling, it should be disgusting to Jongin who abhorred those emotions yet he couldn’t tear his eyes away from them, not even when his vision blurred slightly. He blinked his tears away quickly.

For everyone, there will be that one person who manages to complete you. That one person who is like the missing puzzle peice to your life, that one person who you don’t mind changing because that person was worth it. That one person who was as important as air.

Jongin didn’t have that luck but he was glad that Sehun had. Feeling a small hand slipping into his, he looked down and saw Jihye smiling at him.

“Uncle Jongin! I am going to marry you in the future.” The little girl told him and Jongin picked her up, kissing her on the cheeks.

“Jongin, stop trying to get your hands on my daughter.” Luhan hurried over and picked Jihye out from Jongin’s arms.

“Princess – “

“Listen, Jihye.” Luhan turned to his daughter, the apple of his eye. The mischief marker of their family who destroyed countless paintings, vase and whatnot. “Stay away from that big, bad wolf.”

After that warning, Luhan went away with Jihye in his arms as Sehun patted Jongin on his shoulders. “I guess that love is rather short lived but really, the thought of you becoming my son – in – law is enough to bring me nightmares.”

Jongin glared at Sehun, “Please, the thought of calling you father is enough to give me goosebumps. Don’t worry, I don’t have any unplatonic interest in your precious baby girl. She's tiny!”

They stood in silence as they watched Luhan playing with Jihye when Sehun finally spoke so softly that Jongin almost missed it. “I'm happy.”

“Good for you,” Jongin replied and Sehun went away to join Luhan. Happiness, they didn’t know what it meant in the past but he guessed that the sight of Sehun playing with Jihye and Luhan laughing at the side meant that exactly.

Sehun found his home. 

 

 

 

 

*an: phew! it has been a long journey to the end what's with me updating so slowly but really, this is the end of the fic. Jihye is about three now and they didn't get marry straight away because luhan wanted to look perfect while Sehun wanted to earn more money to get a ring for luhan hence this is why their wedding is three years after. and yes, this is Jongin's pov. honestly, i wanted to thank everyone for walking with me to the end of this fic. i am not the best writer out there not to mention that this is my first fic but really, the completion of this fic is possible because of all of you. there are countless times when i wanted to just delete this fic but well, i couldn't find it in my heart to do so. 

With the end of this fic, i guess, i will just focus on 'through the years' as well as my next chaptered fic which i hadn't really decide yet. a big thank you to my beta thatweirdo who take the time and effort to correct my grammar, you have been a valuable help all these while. once again, thanks for all of your support and hopefully, you willl continue to support me in my next fic as well.

ask.fm