3

Captivated

Luhan was at the waiting room and he was much more nervous than he should have been. Sehun was nowhere in sight, claiming that he would be late because he had a meeting to attend to. Honestly, Luhan hated the hospital, especially the smell of disinfectant. It made him recall that time when he was sixteen, and had to head to the hospital straight after school every day to look after his grandmother.

His grandmother had looked after him since young in the place of his parents who weren’t always around. The elderly woman was stern when she needed to be, but otherwise, she had been nothing but kind to Luhan. She had taken the place of his parents who were often not at home due to work.

The time spent with his grandmother are some of Luhan’s fondest memories. He remembered her donning a flowery apron, baking those cookies for him and how she would swipe flour onto Luhan’s cheeks. His grandmother had also made sure that Luhan knew his way around in the kitchen, not losing her temper even when he burnt the stew. She would often tell Luhan that the best way to a man’s heart was through his stomach.

Those had been the good times and he missed her dearly now which was why he hated going to the hospital. Glancing at his watch, he hoped that Sehun would show up soon.

“Luhan,” a stern looking nurse called his name and gestured for him to enter. Luhan sighed; he guessed Sehun wasn’t going to make it on time then.

 

The visit went rather well, since the doctor had been extremely kind and easy going. There was always a smile on his face as he patiently answered all of Luhan’s questions. He went through each test that Luhan had to take and there was never a moment in which Luhan felt uncomfortable in his presence.

The visit soon ended and the doctor- who was called Joonmyeon- had scheduled Luhan for his next check-up. “You are aware that males have a higher chance of miscarriage, right?”

“I know,” Luhan replied. He had looked it up on the internet before coming for his check-up. “I will be extra careful.”

“I also expect you to come for your checkups regularly, and do try not to miss any,” Joonmyeon instructed him, his tone stern.

“Don’t worry, I will do my best.” Luhan assured him as Joonmyeon showed him to the door.

“It would be good if the father of the child was here – “

“About that. I can’t make any promises.” Luhan interrupted him, giving him a sheepish smile. “He is a busy man. I will see you next week then.”

“Have a good rest,” Joonmyeon told him before giving him a paper which had his private number. “If you have any questions, just call this number.”

 

Why wasn’t he surprised when he saw Sehun’s car in front of the building waiting for him? The bastard most probably installed a GPS or something on Luhan so that he could track him. That was something he had to address with Sehun.

He got into the car and just his luck, the chauffeur happened to be Jongin who had smirked at him. “Hi there, Princess. Looking beautiful as always.”

“I am not beautiful, and what do you think you're doing here?” Luhan folded his arms. “You should be attending that meeting with Sehun.”

“I am under his highness’s instruction to protect you today,” Jongin told him. “Why? You miss me or something?”

“I would really hate to puke in this car right now,” Luhan threatened him and Jongin narrowed his eyes. “I'll do it in a heartbeat if you continue to annoy me.”

Thankfully, Jongin seem to take the hint this time as he ceased talking. Luhan closed his eyes to get some rest, letting the drone of the radio lull him to sleep.

 

 

He woke up in an unfamiliar place and he didn’t remember getting out of the car. He was now on a bed which was so soft that he never wanted to get out, ever. Swinging his feet to the side of the bed, Luhan slipped into the slippers provided. He padded out of the room, thinking to explore this new place while he was at it.

This house felt different, but a good kind of different. It was decorated in different shades of brown and the flooring was wooden, shiny and glossy. The living room even had a fireplace, the whole place had felt like a home. Warm and inviting, a place which made you wanted to stay. The furniture was all made of high quality wood, and there was beautiful carvings on it. Luhan liked it here. He liked it much more than the previous house, which was all sleek and minimalistic, a place which didn’t have that special touch and had felt much too cold.

“Do you like it here?” Sehun’s voice rang out, startling Luhan who was in the kitchen, admiring the appliances from a brand that he really liked.

Overcome by everything else, Luhan didn’t speak and simply gave a small nod to Sehun.

“Good, then we will stay here permanently from now on.” Sehun gave him a small smile and Luhan ran toward the man, throwing himself into his arms.

“Why?” He asked softly. Why would Sehun do this for him?

“Because the previous house was unsafe for the both of you. And this isn’t a big deal anyway.” Sehun replied him.

Maybe this wasn’t such a big deal to Sehun, but this meant something else to Luhan. Damn his hormones; he could feel tears pricking behind his eyes and Sehun wasn’t helping as he tightened his hold on Luhan.

“You stupid, stupid man.” Luhan hit his chest weakly before planting a kiss on Sehun’s lips.