7

Captivated

The thought of stabbing Seoyeon with his fork or knife did pass through Luhan’s mind several times that night. The woman had managed to worm her way into their house once again, and was eating the food that Luhan had prepared. Maybe he should have just poisoned her and been done with it- that idea was starting to appeal to Luhan very much. He speared his hotdog viciously before shoving it into his mouth. Damn Sehun for inviting her tonight. He had told Luhan that maybe they had gotten off on the wrong foot, because Seoyeon was a 'really nice person'. Right. Sehun had urged Luhan to give her another chance, and even took the initative by invite her over for dinner. 

For a moment there, Luhan had to keep himself in check because there was nothing nice about the woman who was currently siting way, way too close to Sehun. Not to mention how she had been fluttering her eyelashes at Sehun all evening, as well as wearing a skin tight dress which left nothing to imagination. However, Sehun had seen nothing wrong with it, conversing with her amicably, and had even pulled out her chair for her. 

Swallowing back everything he wanted to say, Luhan stood up wordlessly. Both pair of eyes turned to him, Sehun looked at him in concern, while Seoyeon had gave him a knowing leer. “Are you okay?” she asked too sweetly to be really concerned,

“Perfectly fine,” Luhan muttered before leaving the table. He didn’t want to make a scene, he didn’t want to appear to be clingy, and he most definitely didn’t want Sehun to think that he was being emotional due to his pregnancy again.

Therefore, he decided to leave while he was still in full control of himself.

 

 

Luhan woke up when he felt the bed dipping beneath him, rubbed his eyes groggily, and glancing at the clock, he saw that it was somewhere close to twelve now. Sehun smiled at him when he saw Luhan watching him, “Sorry, did I wake you up?”

“No,” Luhan mumbled, getting closer to Sehun instinctually. “Where have you been?”

“I sent Seoyeon back to her hotel,” Sehun told him before placing a kiss on his cheeks.

“Have you showered yet?” Luhan asked and Sehun shook his head. “Go on and shower first, I'll wait for you.”

Not saying anything about the strange request, Sehun got out of bed and took off his clothes, placing it in the laundry basket before going into the bathroom. Scrambling off the bed once he heard the sound of running water, Luhan took out the clothes that Sehun had just thrown in. It wasn’t his imagination: the scent was weak but there was no doubt that it was Seoyeon’s nauseatingly rich perfume. It just meant that they had gotten so close that the perfume was able to cling onto Sehun’s blazer. 

Taking out his shirt too, Luhan saw a lipstick stain on it. It didn’t take a genius to figure out that this was also most probably Seoyeon’s. Doubts and questions filled his mind as he struggled to believe in Sehun. It wasn’t that he didn’t believe in him, it was more of Luhan finding himself lacking. Sehun was rich, handsome and powerful so what did he see in Luhan? Did Sehun get together with him because of little cupcake? Did he feel responsible for Luhan?

The more he thought of it, the more confused he got. Putting everything back into the laundry basket, Luhan crawled under the blanket. That night, he stayed awake long after Sehun had fallen asleep.

 

 

Finding Seoyeon had been the solution that he came up with after awhole  night of thinking. He decided that he wasn’t going to be so passive, and he wasn't going to let Seoyeon have that engagement ring. Luhan was determined to stake his claim on Sehun.

He'd be damned before he let that woman have her way, because Luhan was no pushover. Getting her hotel name and room number from Sehun had been a piece of cake when he told him that he wanted to get to know Seoyeon better. The lie tasted extremely bitter on his tongue but at least he had managed to accomplish his goal. Accompanied by Jongin, they had headed to the hotel. Maybe Jongin had sensed that something was up which explained why he hadn't teased Luhan during their ride there.

Luhan went straight to her room after he got out of the car. There wasn’t surprise on Seoyeon's face when she saw him. In fact, the woman had looked extremely pleased when she opened the door and let Luhan in.

“Leave Sehun alone,” Luhan told her once the door was closed. “I don’t care what – “

“Did you know that he sent me to the hotel last night?” Seoyeon cut him off, a smug grin on her face.

“I know but – “

“Do you want to know what we got up to in this room?” Seoyeon asked, her tone mysterious, as though she was sharing a big secret with Luhan. “A man and a woman in a room, hmm, what do you think – “

“Stop,” Luhan raised his hand up, he didn't want to hear that. “I am not here to – “

“Do you want me to tell you what Sehun said?” Seoyeon stepped closer to Luhan. “He told me that you are a nightmare, he never wanted a child and – “

“Stop!” Luhan shouted. “Just stop talking!”

“But honey, I didn’t even get to the good part yet.” Seoyeon’s voice had turned sweet. So sweet that it made Luhan’s skin crawl. “I had the best night, and he told me that he will get rid of you soon – “

“Lies,” Luhan refused to believe that Sehun had said that. 

“He said that he is so sick of your mood swings and – “

“Stop,” Luhan whispered as he took a step back, and another, until his knees hit the couch and Seoyeon had pushed him to sit down rather forcefully.

Leaning down, Seoyeon had whispered in his ears. “And he has never loved you, you are just one of many so don’t delude yourself into thinking that you are special, because you aren't.”

“You – “

“It is such a shame that the car didn’t get you,” Seoyeon continued, not letting Luhan had a chance to speak. “You are lucky that you managed to survive and got to keep the baby.”

Looking at her fearfully, Luhan realised that the car accident wasn't an accident. Seoyeon had planned to kill him along with his little cupcake. This woman was pure evil and extremely twisted. Messed up in the head. "You planned - "

“Yes, I am the one who planned that.” Seoyeon simply smiled at Luhan. 

Pushing her away roughly, Luhan shot off the couch and ran to the door, but Seoyeon gave an order to grab him. Two men dressed in black came out of nowhere and had caught Luhan before he was able to exit.

One of the burly men had Luhan's arms secured behind his back and Seoyeon’s eyes were filled with delight at the fear she saw in Luhan’s eyes. Facing Sehun had been different; now he had another life inside of him to protect, not just himself. “Now, what should I do? Maybe I should push you down the stairs and claim that it was an accident? Or should I just throw you in the river?”

“You're bluffing, ” Luhan said all of a sudden. He needed Seoyeon to walk closer to him, and then he would knock her on the floor, and using the element of surprise, Luhan would try to escape while he could. He just needed to do something instead of letting Seoyeon get her way. 

Narrowing her eyes at him, Seoyeon had walked closer. “What makes you think – “

“Sehun has told me that he loves me,” Luhan told her. That made her pause, and Luhan was about to knock her down when she stopped walking to him. She wasn't close enough for him to do anything. She pursed her lips before raising her hand and smacking Luhan across the cheek,then walked back the way she came.

Damn.

“That was for lying,” she said coldly. “Now, let’s get started, shall we?”

 

 

 

 

*an: that feels like a roller coaster ride, don't you think? everything suddenly just escalated pretty quickly. so what do you think? did sehun really say those things or did he not? well, do you think that seoyeon succeed in making Luhan lost the baby? questions and more questions which will be answered in the next chapter. once again, thanks for all the upvotes, subscription and the comments. ask me questions or drop me prompt at ask.fm.