2

Captivated

Storming out of the toilet, Luhan had half a mind to shout at Oh Sehun who was reading the newspaper calmly. Damn, this pissed Luhan off even more, because why was he the only one going through a mental breakdown? Granted, he'd had an inkling, but getting the confirmation was another thing entirely. He sat beside Sehun who was still reading the newspaper.

“What does the test say?” Sehun asked after while or maybe he could feel the intense glare that Luhan was directing at him. 

“Positive,” Luhan gritted it out through clenched teeth. If he didn’t know better, it would feel like Sehun was an observer and had no part to play in this. “This is all your fault – “

“Oh?” Sehun had the audacity to smirk at Luhan as he put the newspaper down on the table. “My fault? I recalled someone asking me to just do it because he couldn’t wait for me to put – “

“I did – didn’t,” Luhan raised his voice to cut Sehun off as he placed his hands on his blushing cheeks.  

Sehun scooted nearer to him, the smirk still firmly on his face. With Sehun so close, Luhan could smell his cologne. It was something spicy, musky and addictive, Luhan just wanted to grab the man and – stop, there were more important matters on hand. 

“What should we do now?” Luhan voiced out the million dollar question.

“We will keep the child,” Sehun answered simply. An answer which made Luhan want to punch him in the face because did he even know what was he talking about? Shouldn’t he put more thought into his answer?

“Are you serious?” Luhan’s temper flared. “You can’t be serious, right? You want to keep the child and start a family together?”

“Is there a problem?” Sehun raised his eyebrow. “Unless you don’t want the child.”

All the fight went out of Luhan as he sat back down on the couch, he wanted the child and the guy should know that but starting a family with Sehun was another matter altogether. “You bastard, how long have you know this?”

“Two weeks,” Sehun told him truthfully. Of course. That was why he was taking the news so well. The bastard had known about this way before, but didn’t see the need to tell Luhan about it.

“Why didn’t you tell me?” Luhan stood up again. He had half a mind to take Sehun’s tie and strangle the man.

“Because there is no need, and you would have noticed it eventually,” Sehun shrugged. “Whether you keep the child or not is entirely up to you. I have a meeting to attend, so take your time and make your decision.”

“What if I say that I don’t want the child?” Luhan asked in a small voice as he buried his face in his hands.

Taking away his hands from his face, Sehun placed his fingers under his chin and tilted it up. “You won’t do that.”

“You don’t know tha – “ He was cut off momentarily when Sehun kissed him, deep and hard. A kiss which Luhan will be thinking about for the rest of the day.

“I know you better than yourself, Luhan. Just remember one thing; you can’t escape me.” After saying that sentence, Sehun walked out of the house and Luhan thought that he should have thrown a vase at his damn head.

 

 

Going out of the house cleared his mind because if he'd stayed another minute  Luhan would have gone crazy. He was stressed out and he was upset, his mood was like a roller coaster. One second, he wanted to cry and the next second, he wanted to violently vent his anger at Sehun.

The damn bastard who was attending a meeting, and therefore conveniently escaping Luhan’s wrath. So to prevent himself from thinking about all the ‘what ifs’, Luhan decided to go around and take pictures. Taking pictures had always calmed him down and it was a stress reliever which was why he had never made this into a full time job, his full time job was a painter. He liked to capture things on a blank canvas and watch them come to life.

It was a love that was passed down from his mother, whereas photography was something which was inherited from his father. Once or twice, he had considered becoming a photographer but he didn’t want to be pressurized into taking photos that he had no interest in. He didn’t want his stress reliever to suffocate him so he threw that idea out of the window. Photography firmly remained as a hobby while painting became a source of income for him. He had opened up a gallery, allowing Jongdae to run the daily operations and dealing with interested buyers while he made sure to produce something every month.

So far, he had been doing just fine and he had no wish to change that. Now, that was impossible with the addition of a new life in him and damn, he wanted to strangle Sehun all over again. The crafty bastard should have just informed him that he was pregnant instead of keeping it to himself. Pushing all thoughts of Sehun out of his mind, he went around taking more photos and trying to get inspired for his next piece. 

To be brutally honest, Luhan won’t have met Sehun if it weren’t for Baekhyun.

They belonged to different world and the chances of them meeting each other were practically zero. But as fate would have it, they managed to meet against all odds. It started with Baekhyun’s pleas of wanting Luhan to accompany him to an exclusive club.

The club catered to the rich and privileged, and not many had a membership. Baekhyun had received a tip-off about the club dealing with drugs, and he had called up Luhan to back him up. Luhan had gone along with him because he wasn’t doing anything important anyway, and Baekhyun really needed all the help he needed. Not to mention, his friend would owe him more than a meal for helping him secure a promotion that was long overdue. Dressed up in suits, they had met at the entrance of the club. He didn’t question how Baekhyun managed to procure the membership card, some things were better left unknown.

 Following Baekhyun into the club, he could tell why it was so popular. Everything was top of the line, the drinks were of the finest quality and the decor was done up classily as well. Everyone had looked important and self – absorbed as though they were superior.

Luhan stood out like a sore thumb in that aspect, and Baekhyun managed to blend in with the crowd rather well. He belatedly remembered that his friend was from a rich family.

“Stay here, if I need help I will text you.” Baekhyun whispered into his ears before sneaking away to god knows where.

Luhan simply sat at the bar and nursed his screwdriver because he was a light weight. He decided to the toilet when he turned down yet another man who had tried to hit on him, but he was stopped on his way by two man in black. Their attire screamed professional and Luhan had tried to run, but he realised that he had nowhere to run. His mind fanatically prayed for the appearance of Baekhyun who was nowhere to be seen. Gulping, he allowed himself to be shepherded, one man in front the other behind.

They entered the lift and one of the men took out his card, and placed it at the scanner before pressing the button. The tension was so thick that a knife could probably cut through it and Luhan vowed that if he made this out alive, he would never follow Baekhyun to any of his tip-offs ever again.

They arrived within seconds and one of them pushed Luhan out of the lift. Once he was out, the lift doors  closed almost immediately and, well, he guessed this was his destination then. The office was huge and there was a window showcasing the night scene of Korea. Given the chance, he would love to paint this scene, but there were more important matters at hand.

Like the man who was looking him as though he was prey, the man whose face that was so handsome that there were probably countless of women and men who threw themselves at him.

“Your men were rude,” Luhan put up a brave front. He had to, since he had a feeling that if he showed any weakness to this man, he would pounce. “You should really discipline them.”

“Maybe you should suggest how I should discipline you instead?” The man  asked, his voice husky, and it sent a shiver down Luhan’s spine.

“I don’t need any discipline – “

“I beg to differ; naughty children need to be disciplined.” That one sentence was loaded full with meaning as the man stood up and made his way over to Luhan. “Where is your friend?”

“Who?” Luhan feigned confusion, praying that Baekhyun had managed to get away. It was the guy’s fault that he was here but he didn't want him to be caught.

“Your other friend,” the man had repeated again.

“I came here alone,” Luhan lied and hope that he was convincing enough. “I don’t know what friend you are talking about.”

The barest hint of smile was there on the man’s face and that had scared Luhan, “What should I do with you? Such a pretty little thing, too.”

“Go to hell,” Luhan spat out venomously.

“Selling you would be a waste,” the man told him, not at all fazed by Luhan. “Should I just keep you here as plaything?”

“You wouldn’t dare.”

“Want to test that out? I look forward to breaking you, making you beg for me. That will be interesting to watch.” The words sent another shiver down Luhan’s spine, this man in front of him was dangerous.

“Bastard – “

“I have been called worse,” the man smirked. “Now, let’s do a full body search. We wouldn’t want you to take any incriminating photos of my club, now would, we?” Before Luhan could squeak out a protest, the man had started to feel him up. Reaching under Luhan’s shirt and touching him everywhere he could reach as Luhan attempted to break out of his hold. Pinning his hands behind him, the man had nudged Luhan’s legs apart. “How about begging me not to do it? Hm?”

Luhan bit down on his lips, refusing to make as much as a sound.

“Stubborn to the every end, interesting.” The man stepped back and let Luhan go. “Don’t meddle with things that are none of your concern because I will most certainly punish you the next time.”

“Bastard – “

“That calls for punishment,” the man assaulted Luhan’s mouth without any warning. The man’s kiss was sensual, a kiss meant to dominate, a kiss meant to mark and Luhan found himself unable to push him away. Luhan was reduced to a mess, his knees had turned jelly and the man’s taste was engraved onto Luhan. If the man wanted Luhan to remember him, he was doing a fantastic job at it.

After a while, he pulled back and had looked at Luhan for a while before leaning in. “My name is Oh Sehun. Don't forget it.”

 

 

If Luhan thought that was the last time he would see Oh Sehun, he was wrong. Sehun had gained an interest in him, and had showed up out of the blue several times, his expensive car pulling up beside Luhan. Of course, Luhan had refused to get into his car but damn, the man had dragged him in every single time.

He had kissed Luhan senseless each time, breaking down his wall and turning it into ashes that his feet. His seduction was slow and teasing, he would reduce Luhan to a mess before stopping and admiring his handiwork. Those had been times when Luhan just wanted to grab him and punch in the face. After those kisses and teasing, the man would take Luhan out to dinner. It got so unbearable that Luhan gave into him at the end, muttering a soft ‘please’.

The rest, as they say, is history.

 

 

Now he was pregnant with Sehun’s child, and the man had told him that he wanted to start a family together. But a family without love? That wasn’t the environment he wanted his future children to grow up in. Not to mention, how was he supposed to tell his children that their father was a crime lord? Damn, the problems just kept piling up one by one and Luhan was drained. He headed to one of the available benches, deciding to take a little break.

He got tired much more easily compared to the past, and Luhan hated his condition as he leaned back and looked up at the skies. The skies were extremely beautiful tonight, littered with stars. A starry night sky, it had been a long time since he took the time to appreciate life’s little joys.

“It is rather chilly, you should really take care better of yourself.” Sehun appeared in front of him. The man had shrugged off his jacket, draping it on Luhan’s slender frame before zipping it all the way up.

“I am keeping the child,” Luhan told him his decision. “I will keep this child, and you better take part in the upbringing because I am not doing this alone."

“I wouldn’t dream of it,” Sehun chuckled. “What does this make us then?”

“I don’t know yet but we'll figure it out,” Luhan replied as he let Sehun support him, something which he would have normally refused.

Luhan might have needed all the time in the world to figure what exactly they were to each other, but at least he wasn’t doing it alone.