[side]

Captivated

[drabble] that night

Seoyeon watched Luhan go away with a smile; a hidden smile, since it wouln’t do to be too obvious. Now, with that obstacle out of the way, she could finally put her plan in motion.

“Sehun, I – pregnant people can be rather emotional, right?” Seoyeon said in her most sympathetic voice.

Sehun didn’t say anything to that as he kept eating, but the way he would ever so slightly glance back at the direction that Luhan headed off to that told her that he wasn't paying attention. Unhappy at being ignored, Seoyeon moved her chair closer to Sehun.

Placing her hand on his arms, she batted her eyelashes. “Don’t be so worried. He will be fine.”

“I have already booked a room at a nearby hotel for you – “

“But I thought that I was going to stay here?” Seoyeon asked. “I – I can’t stay here?”

“Luhan doesn’t like it,” Sehun said simply. Seoyeon seethed because this Sehun wasn’t the one that she knew. This Sehun was soft, he had turned soft and it was all that intruder’s fault. “Let’s finish our food, then I will send you to the hotel.”

“You've changed,” Seoyeon put down her utensils.

“I am still the same Sehun,” he replied, his tone cold. “I still won’t hesitate to cut anyone down if they dare to cross the line. Everyone be damned, I don’t care: but Luhan is special. If anyone dared touch him, I wouldn’t show any mercy. None at all.”

Seoyeon paled visibly, did Sehun find out what had she done? No, he couldn’t have. She had made sure to cover up her tracks, so was she reading too much into it?

Plastering on a smile, she took her wine glass and sipped from it. “You really cherish him a lot – “

“He is my life,” Sehun cut her off and Seoyeon hated that person even more now. “Finish? Let’s go.”

 

 

Seoyeon was feeling uneasy the whole way to the hotel. Sehun hadn’t softened, he was still the same old Sehun. That one tender, caring side of him was reserved only for that person, and not for anyone else. Which angered Seoyeon because what did that person have that she didn’t?

She was beautiful, capable and smart. To put it simply, she was the better choice out of the two of them. It didn’t hurt that she had known Sehun for a few years now and her father had business dealings with him.

No, she refused to believe that she lost to this...this tresspasser. While Sehun was sending her to her room, she had tried to invite him in for coffee. As expected, she was coldly rejected. Maybe it was the alcohol that she had just drank that caused it, but she lurched forward and hugged Sehun.

Sehun’s hands didn’t come around her, he stood extremely still. “What do you think, you are doing?”

“I – I miss you – “

“I thought I made it clear the last time, I have no interest in you: not now and not ever.” Sehun interrupted her before pushing her away. Giving her one last glare as a warning, he walked off leaving Seoyeon fuming as she started plotting how to get rid of her rival. 

  

 

 

[drabble] 

Luhan rarely went to Sehun’s workplace but he was in a good mood today so he decided to cook something for Sehun.

After he finished packing the lunch boxes, he called Sehun, who picked up on the first ring. “Have you eaten?” 

“Going to, did you eat already?” Sehun asked and Luhan heard some paper rustling. “I miss you.”

“You just saw me this morning,” Luhan’s voice softened. “I miss you too.”

“Good.” Sehun gave him a one word answer. “What are you planning to do now?”

“Let’s have lunch together,” Luhan told him.

“Sure, I'll pick you – “

“You don’t have to – “

“I don’t want you to drive or take the public transport.” Sehun sighed.

“Fine, you can send someone to pick me up. Just don’t send Jongin.” Luhan warned him and heard Sehun laughing gently. His heart warmed at the sound of laughter; he could get used to this.

Despite being a crime lord, Sehun had his own company. On paper, he was the CEO of this company but in actual fact, that wasn’t the case. Walking into the company headquarters, the receptionist flashed Luhan a smile before bringing to the VIP lift.

Luhan headed to the highest floor and despite having been here a few times, he still couldn’t get over how this place simply reeked of class and money. It was nicely furnished and he was proud of Sehun for being able to achieve this, despite it being through illegitimate means.

Sehun’s secretary saw him and was about to inform Sehun when Luhan shook his head. Getting the signal, the secretary nodded and Luhan pushed open the door. Once Sehun spotted him, he made his way to Luhan’s side immediately. Hugging him, he placed a kiss on his forehead. “I missed you.”

Luhan tugged his hands, leading him over to the table at the side of the room before laying out the boxes. “Come on, let’s eat since you still have to earn more money to support us.”

After giving Luhan another kiss on his lips, Sehun began eating. It wasn’t until then that Luhan saw the painting on the wall. He could feel the tears pricking his eyes because that painting was the exact same one that his mother refused to sell. It was now proudly displayed here in Sehun's offce.

“How – “

Sehun looked up and saw the direction where Luhan was looking at. “I can be very persuasive when I want to. I just wanted to see you- even when you are not here with me.”

“Idiot,” Luhan muttered but he was still touched by this man in front of him. This man whose love brought out the best in him, this man who accepted him for all his flaws and still loved him regardless.   Standing up, he went to Sehun and hugged him tightly.

Words weren’t needed, the hug and the kiss followed after showed Sehun just how much Luhan loved him. 

 

 

 

 

*an: life have been rather hectic recently hence the lack of updates. for those who wanted to know what happen that night, you get your answer. the lipstick mark is made by seoyeon when she hugged sehun. and yes, sehun did manage to buy the painting from lu's mother eventually. with this, i will be ending this fic in another two chapters, the second chapter being the epilogue. so look forward to that and thanks for all the subscriptions, upvotes and comments. i appreciate it lots. 

 ask.fm