Into the Flames

The Elites and Socialites [CANCELED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

So I got my wisdome teeth extracted yesterday ... I'm starving but I'm literally eating baby food. :( Anyway, into the minds of Amber and Sulli for this chapter. I can see a lot of hate towards the characters ... I don't know if I should feel bad or laugh. :P

 

A day passed and she felt horrible. The wounds opened up as if someone had taken a knife and followed the same scars to reopen them. It hurt so much that it clouded her judgment. She was almost like she used to be. Doing things without thinking them through to avoid something or someone. She hurt Kibum and that hurt her. He didn't show up after school like he usually did. Instead she found him once again with Krystal. If the plans were for her to cry she did. Amber ran after Kibum when he said he wouldn't change and saw Krystal with him. Krystal was touching him like last she remembered her touching him. 

She did cry that day and when seeing him walking with Krystal. It didn't seem he wanted to be there but he went by choice and she could tell until Krystal bid farewell. Amber went home and called Henry after that only to end the call rather quickly. Henry told her how he liked Kibum enough that he had sought her out but was weary of everything happening again. She didn't want to hear it be said because it could possibly come true. She didn't want to admit that. Kibum was new and he wanted her to be his friend she had to apologize.

Amber walked down to her locker still pulling at her skirt when running footsteps towards her were heard coming. She looked to Min who looked shocked but excited about what she was going to say. They had no gossip for this day and since she didn't talk to Kibum she didn't know what he knew.  He usually came to vent to her and that made her want to hit her head on the wall. She should not have done what she did but she could not erase the closeness they had been put in because of her. He was so close. His nearly flawless skin was inches away and if he didn't notice she was memorized by his eyes and glanced at his lips. Amber felt herself turn red at the memory of it all.

"Amber you will be so surprised at what I just learnt!"

Amber watched as Min stopped running and caught her breath by her locker. She had a paper in her hand. It was nostalgic and the whole situation was almost too reminiscent of last year. She found herself hoping to not hear what Min might tell her.

"Krystal, they posted the list of the boys being auctioned. You got your usual of Minho, Taemin, and Kai. Sehun is also being auctioned as is Myungsoo, Woohyun, Cheolyong, Sanghyun, and Kris. But the popular choice is already made. It's different from before. No candidates just a name. Apparently Krystal passed around a paper for secret votes from all the girls—but us—in school."

"Min can you just stop the anticipation and tell me who it is."

"It's Kibum. He's the one being auctioned off and by the squeals I heard when the list came out a lot of girls are planning on betting on him."

Amber dropped her books. Why she was so surprised to the answer when she saw it coming? She didn't know. Min smiled as if she knew what was going on. Amber wanted to deny it but she couldn't. Part of her didn't want to befriend Kibum for one reason and one alone. When she first laid eyes on him she found him incredibly attractive. She saw him in the office aimlessly walking around and felt almost the same heart racing feeling as she had before. Luck was not on her side when she ran into him after going the wrong way. Having him be auctioned made her insides turn. Krystal would want him and she knew it. Krystal might be dating Minho but she wanted Kibum under her grasp.

"Where is he?"

"Whoa there Amber. I'm not sure but you need to calm down. Kris is being auctioned off as well, Kris."

"I see he is what of it?"

"Wow you really don't care anymore. Was it that bad?"

"You promised never to ask me that. Where's Kibum?"

"I saw him walking to his locker."

Amber picked up her books and closed her locker before running off to the direction to Kibum's locker. She could hear Min yelling back for her to come back but she didn't. Instead she ran past everyone throwing weird glances at her. She only stopped when there was a big crowd coming down the stairs. Amber groaned in frustration but elatedly jumped when she saw him walking down the stairs. She shoved past someone and waited for Kibum to reach the stairs. Once he did she grabbed a hold of his arm to gain his attention. Her face must have looked panicked because he immediately walked down and asked what was wrong.

"Amber, what's up?"

"Kibum..."

"Amber is that you?"

She could curse her life and still she would have thrown her way. She didn't move and tightened her grasp on Kibum's arm. Of course Kris would have to find her at a time like this. Her tears started to gather up too fast for her own good. Kibum, she had to talk to him and didn't want to deal with Kris. In a second Kibum stood in front of her and looked Kris down. It was comical seeing how Kris was much taller than Kibum.

"I'm sorry but can't you see we're kind of busy."

"I'm not here to talk to you. I want to talk to Amber."

"She doesn't want to talk to you."

"I didn't hear her say that."

"Go away Kris, please." Amber found her voice again but swallowed down her tears.

Kris snarled and came closer to Kibum. He didn't say anything but his look meant to intimidate. Kibum only moved his head away and looked Kris up and down. His face said how much he disliked Kris by the way he sized him up. Kibum smirked and looked away not falling for Kris's intimidation. It annoyed Kris, making him walk away. After he left Amber walked to the deserted hallway while dragging Kibum with her. They got away from the crowds and entered an empty classroom. Kibum only walked to lean on the windowsill and look out while she gathered her thoughts. She didn't want to do anything stupid again.

"Henry called me last night. It was weird. I didn't even know he had my number but he had his ways. Jonghyun. He asked Jonghyun. Anyway he told me to be easy on you and not play with your feelings. He was vague but if I hurt your feelings I'm sorry. I was just confused. Amber I know you have a past we all do but your past is very overwhelming. I just want to know, did you sleep with Kai? It doesn't matter but if that is blackmail that is huge blackmail."

Amber pouted and watched Kibum look out the window showing his jaw line perfectly. "No. I didn't sleep with him. We had been drinking and we were left alone. One thing led to another and ... we just kissed. I came to my sense and ran home. Kai and I both agreed that it was a mistake and meant nothing. A few weeks later..."

Kibum raised his hand up to stop her from talking. Amber shut and swallowed. She anticipated what he would say but he didn't say anything. Seconds passed before he stood up and walked towards her smiling.

"I don't want to know. It's not something you want to talk about. I can see how uncomfortable you are I was just confused in knowing if you could really change so fast. You can and I shouldn't have gotten mad when you panicked yesterday. You have horrible taste in boys."

Amber laughed and blushed at how Kibum was staring at her. His stares and how he always complimented her by calling her pretty in some way or another made her blush. It gave her hope and feelings she should not be feeling and is too afraid to feel. 

"He was nice when I first met him."

"Yeah okay. If you say so. Anyway why did you drag me in here for? I know it's not to apologize it’s something else. The panic in your eyes gave it away. It's not becoming to your pretty face. Man seeing you in a skirt is still something I need to get used to."

She slapped him on the arm. He would always . That much she knew about him. But she didn't know how to tell him she ran to him because she was worried he would have a mandatory date with Krystal. If she really thought about it, it was because of how the date would end. Amber looked around and made her way to the cabinets, opening them to look through them. She coughed from the dust and jumped when she felt Kibum standing right behind her. He had cornered her in. Amber didn't dare move and kept facing forward. The last thing she wanted was a repeat of yesterday and being mesmerized by Kibum. Amber gulped and decided to talk while not facing him.

"I heard you're part of the annual boy auction. I'll bet for you."

"Aww, you're worried for me. That's sweet of you."

"Well it's just that ... the date usually ends with—"

Amber was cut off when a giggle was heard. Kibum pushed her inside the cabinet they were staring at and hid with her. They could see through the small gap and Amber had to stop herself from gasping. Coming into the room was Suzy who was looking for a chair. On her was Minho. She knew what was going on, barely. From what she could see Minho looked intoxicated as Suzy sat him down and told him to wait. She left him behind as he groaned and held his head before getting up to walk around the classroom.

Amber held her breath when he came near the cabinet. Minho had his hand on the handle and opened it at the same time Kibum covered her. He made her hide her face on his shoulder while he wrapped an arm around her shoulder. She could hear a mumble Minho said about the room apparently already being occupied. He closed the door and went to sit back down. Amber breathed in with her heart thumping loudly. Feeling it in for more than one reason.

Kibum pulled back but held a finger to his lip when the door to the classroom opened again. She stayed quiet at once again realizing how close he was. Mindlessly she reached and touched the scar on his eyebrow. Kibum turned to look at her and by then she figured out what she was doing. He only smiled and held her hand before she could take it away. She felt it. She felt the tingling sensation as he held onto her hand.

Shaking her head she looked through the crack again and saw Sulli walking in. The door was open and she gasped as she saw Minho. Minho mumbled her name all slurred with a smile on his face. He stood up and cornered Sulli by the blackboard whispering things neither she nor Kibum could hear. What happened next was Sulli pushing him off and getting away from his grasps. Minho tried to hold her back but Sulli kicked him on the shin. She ran out of the classroom and closed the door on him.

A few seconds later Suzy popped her head in with a camera at hand and sighed as if missing what she wanted to capture. It seemed all too familiar to Amber. The heavy drunkenness. A picture for blackmail. Yesterday, it had been Suzy who got a photo of her and Kai. Only way she had the picture at hand.

"I thought you said Sulli was in love with Minho. Why was Suzy necking with him just now and is here?" Kibum whispered closely to her ear.

"Sulli is in love with Minho but she loves Krystal more."

"Explain Suzy..."

The door slammed open when Amber noticed Suzy was gone. In the doorway was Taemin followed by Krystal and Sulli. Krystal pushed past Taemin to kneel in front of Minho. Minho smiled at seeing her and held her face in his hands. He spoke louder than before.

"Hey pretty girl. I've missed you."

"Minho you're drunk. How are you so drunk while in school?" Krystal was worried as she held onto Minho's hold on her face.

"I don't know. I was drinking my water and then you lead me here. Then you left me. Now you're back."

Krystal tried to hoist Minho up with the help of Taemin while Sulli called someone. They left the classroom with a silence that Amber could hear Kibum's breathing in her ear. They just witnessed something they never thought they would. It was intense, unpredicted, and perfect for the gossip. A

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter