Date

The Elites and Socialites [CANCELED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Perhaps he had set himself up for failure and torture that he was pleasantly surprised to find out it was the complete opposite. 

After the fiasco that was the auction turned to a blind auction Kibum lethargically walked to his owner for the rest of the day. Krystal had a smile so bright it was blinding him but the smile didn't last when word reached her that  Kai and Sehun had withdrawn from the auction but both them and Sulli graciously donated money for the cause regardless. Krystal angrily asked what had happened but Taemin kept mum about everything and all Minho did was shrug and honestly looked confused standing beside Suzy who had won the bid on him. Randomly enough, Taemin was bid on by Bomi one of Naeun's friends who were a backup in case Amber didn't follow through. Amber hadn't followed through.

Just thinking about Amber made him grimace. He wasn't sure if it was the smirk on Kris's face or if it was the not disgusted look on Amber's face that bummed him out the most. It was probably a mixture of both that brought him to look out the yacht he was currently on. Krystal had literally blind folded him until they reached their destination on the Han River. Kibum looked up to see Krystal smiling like a small child as the wind blew her hair around. She was at the nose of the yacht and decided to give him "time" to warm up to the fact that Amber really didn't know him and bid on Kris. He countered that it was her doing but she only giggled as a reply.

Though he would admit the day was beautiful, the view was beautiful, and the company was as beautiful as well. Finally pushing him off of the railing he was leaning on Kibum headed over to Krystal. She smiled wide at seeing him approach and Kibum had to remind himself that she wasn't an angel but a devil in disguise. In that moment it was hard with the sun setting behind her creating a glow around her and her wavy hair that flapped against the wind in an uncharacteristic manner. She must have tangles by now but that didn't take from her beauty. He sighed and looked away. It was easy to be ensnared.

"I see you finally have come through. It's perfect, we're almost there."

"Almost there? Where are you taking me?"

Krystal grabbed a hold of his arm and pointed to the not so far distant shore. It was deserted. In the place of humans was a table set for two. Surrounding the table were lights that hung from the tree surrounding the table. It took Kibum awhile and for them to get closer to realize that they were candles hanging from the trees in clear glass. Same with the center piece and what lit up the walkway to their destination. He wasn't sure how to react. The happiness coming from Krystal was almost contagious that he unconsciously smiled at the planning that must have gone to create all of this. She was conniving but inside that icy heart really was a hopeless romantic that wanted to be loved and appreciated. He figured he could give her one day of his time.

 


***

 


"Are we just going to stand here?"

Amber looked at her position and then up to Kris. She wasn't standing but sitting on the bleachers to the nearest basketball court. "You can stand there all you want or leave. It's up to you."

"Or we can do what you had planned to do with that guy..."

Amber glared up at Kris. There was no way that she would do what she had planned on a whim to do with Kibum. It ended with them hopefully having continued the previous day interrupted moment. But that was just hopeful thinking on her part and Kibum was now with Krystal. She should have known that when Krystal stopped the bid so low of a price that it wasn't Kibum. In fact she did know it wasn't Kibum but it was too late. She had been the only person to outbid everyone else and no one else was going to bid higher. She had even turned to Min who shrugged at having noticed the panic look on her face. When Kris came out she wanted to die. She wanted to die again when Kibum came out after Kris and Krystal having won the bid. She wanted to cry more than anything else and now she was stuck with the last person she wanted to be with.

"I don't know what you see in that kid. He's so wimpy and I don't know ... doesn't he seem a little queer to you."

Amber sneered at Kris. "I could easily say the same thing about you. Doesn't he seem like a low life, douche bag?"

"I'm not like that."

"What you did and your actions say otherwise."

Kris laughed and sat beside her, making her move away from him as far as she could. "What makes you so sure he won't be like me?"

Amber contemplated what he said and she wasn't very sure but her heart was yelling to be cautious, very cautious. But she had one fact that sent her heart into a calm state. "He has never laid eyes on Jessica Jung."

She could see how that was an open wound jab to him but it was the truth. She was being truthful and it was time that Kris owned up to what he had done and why. The look that he gave her was challenging. Almost as if he was asking her if she really wanted to know and go down this road. Amber didn't say anything but didn't flinch from his stare.

"That's something you'll never forgive me for."

"I've forgiven you but I haven't forgotten and I don't want you in my life again. You never liked me Kris. You led me on and then used me to get closer to Krystal because she was Jessica's sister. You used my connections for your own benefit and look at us now. I can't look at Krystal the same ever again. I can't look at you the same and if Jessica were to know, you would have even less of a chance than you ever did."

Amber stood up and walked past the basketball court. She didn't stop walking until she was at the edge of the Han River. She had chosen this spot for a specific reason. Sure her original plan had been for her and Kibum to go to Namsan Tower but plans changed and from where she stood she could easily see the yacht stopping to let two familiar people off.

From her point of view she could see Krystal and Kibum. Maybe she was torturing herself by watching but she rather guards her heart then let it be unexpected like before. That back stab still had half the knife embedded in her back. The crunch of a twig didn't make her jump. Kris would have followed eventually. 

"You know they are going to kiss."

"Yeah and so is everyone who bid on someone."

"Does that include us?"

"I rather drink from the river than kiss you." 

Amber looked at Kris and frowned. There was no denying he was attractive and still as awkward about the way he behaved. It was what attracted her to him and Kibum was different. If she thought about it Kris was almost brotherly, almost.

 


***

 


He shouldn't have let her drink but she insisted. She told him how she needed to drink for the previous night’s heartbreak and the recent ache. What surprised him the most was the fact Taemin had believed what Naeun said to him. Kai always knew that someone being nice at their school and dubbed the sweetheart was too good to be true. They were a school full of pretenders and backstabbers. So he still did not understand why it was so surprising for him to hear such harshness come out of Naeun's mouth. Of course that didn't matter but what matter was the stance Taemin took. All those years Kai knew how Taemin felt about Sulli and yet now Taemin decided to believe someone he barely knew. Someone he only liked because she had similar qualities to Sulli.

Sighing he put his consideration to Sulli. She finally had stopped drinking but he had Sehun to thank for that. It wasn't their initial plan to walk away from the auction but circumstances called for drastic measures. Sulli was hurting and it hurt him. His closes friend was going through multiple pains in a few weeks’ times. She never really recovered from her father's betrayal. He couldn't understand how she could and now she would be an older sister to a brother she never had wanted. Add to that fragile heart the same heartbreak he was feeling with how much more intimate Minho and Krystal were being.

Sulli could be in love but she was never as aggressive as he was to try to get what she wanted. If it meant making people happy she would let them walk all over her. Minho didn't belong to her and that's how she saw it. His negativity towards Minho and Taemin's non encouraging words didn't help with the stance she took. He could see that but he could see like the day after everyone in school found out about her soon to be new half-brother, Sulli's pain did not come from Minho or her father. Her pain was coming from Taemin.

Just thinking of his name made him wants to hunt him down and beat him into a pulp. But no matter. He could see that the only thing Taemin would be feelings was going to be regret. He could also see that Sulli might make a drastic choice and be what Taemin said she was. She always proved to be what her friends thought of her. Never had it been negative until now. Now everything was downhill and he didn't have to lift a finger to see how the relationship between Krystal and Minho would be over. He just had to sit back because he already knew. He knew what Minho didn't but what Suzy did.

Tonight would mark the end of Minho and Krystal. Tonight he would start his plan to woo her. Because if Krystal really thought about it she was as dirty as he was and yet he would accept her as she is. Krystal Jung is a princess in his eyes and it was high time someone treated her like a princess.

Kind of like how Sehun was treating Sulli at the moment. No. Not kind of. Kai would most likely do the same as Sehun. He couldn't blame him. He also knew of Sehun's crush on Sulli. Now that Taemin made it on the black list like Minho, Kai was just fine with seeing his two intoxicated friends kissing. So a picture as blackmail to insure guilt was his forte. Due to him Taemin would see what he is seeing.

 


***

 


"Can you stop smiling at me like that?"

Minho took back everything. Interrogating Suzy was harder than he thought it would have been. She was like a sealed book. The mischievous look she was giving him was irking him to no end. He was supposed to have the upper hand but everything looked and seemed backwards. It didn't help that he was extremely distracted. 

Talking to Taemin that afternoon was nerve wrecking and confusing. Taemin's hostility finally came to light and he was more shocked than anything in finding out that Taemin loves Sulli. Yet that did not explain why Taemin was dating Naeun if he was so in love with Sulli. Minho would admit it he had started being a really bad boyfriend to Krystal when he finally saw Sulli as something other than a little sister. Her beauty took him by surprise but every time he let himself look at Krystal he could still faintly feel the same jolts he did when they first started dating. Maybe it was curiosity on his behalf but he had let his guard down and part of his heart was taken by Sulli.

Yes he admits to having been hard on Hyunwoo and even punching him when he saw him kissing Sulli. It was a nerve hit. It was what Minho wanted to do since the first time he let his guard down and kissed Sulli. He wanted to taste those kissable lips of hers again and he did . . . behind Krystal's back and betraying her. Thinking on it he didn't deserve Krystal because she was always faithful to him. He really was a horrible boyfriend and friend. He had hurt Taemin by kissing the girl he was in love with. Taemin. What had made Taemin say those things about Sulli?

Why was Krystal avoiding Sulli? Krystal wouldn't say and the one time she actually let him go past her limit she scared him. He could see how something inside her was desperate to have given up her ity to him. That was not how he had seen it. He always thought she would want it to be special and not rushed. Sure he rushed into thing because of confusion of his feelings for Sulli but last night had been the last straw. Krystal scared him and he made the decision to not pursue Sulli. No matter what feelings he had he couldn't lead two girls on. They were friends and he should not be the reason as to why they would fight. He had made his decision long ago and he knew that he still had feelings for Krystal or he would have ended things with her.

Krystal was like the damsel in distress. She was the princess and he as the prince was lacking and forcing himself. He really was horrible but he did only want to see Sulli today to ask about their science project. 

Minho was taken from his reverie when he saw just how closely Suzy had gotten to him. Automatically he pushed her away and shuddered. "What do you think you're doing?"

"What, don't act like you've never kissed Sulli before. I'm here. I bid on you and for today you belong to me."

"You only bid on me because Krystal told you to. And that is not how it works. That kiss with Sulli was a mistake."

"A repeated mistake,"

"Yeah, much like your make-ou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter