The Auction/Breaking Points

The Elites and Socialites [CANCELED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This is short because I couldn't get anything else out. I've been drained of creative juices because I'm hitting a crisis in my life. It's not fun.  But I wanted to give you guys an update. Sorry it's so short compared to the last two. Just trying to get this story moving and not updating so bloody slowly.

The day wasn't supposed to be a dreaded day but it seemed that it was. Everything was becoming a blur and the empty pit feeling in her stomach was throwing her nerves overboard. Amber sat down on the couch while Min looked through the gossip. It was pointless to point out about Krystal and Minho when it seemed Suzy mass texted the whole school. She wasn't sure if Krystal knew or not because everyone was on lookout for their "queen" and "king" to make their grand entrance.

"I can't believe he almost kissed you. Bloody Kris, he has horrible timing! My dream was so close to being realized."

Amber groaned and glared Min down. She shouldn't have told her about what happened the previous day but she had to. It was the first time she kept something from Henry because she knew Henry would have started to reprimand her and called Kibum. She did not need that embarrassment. She already was embarrassed that she had the gall to kiss him on the cheek. Amber unconsciously giggled when she thought back to Kibum's flushed cheeks and pathetic lie to what almost happened. She knew it was an excuse but she found him so adorable at that moment that she kept quiet. But along with Min she hated Kris and his showing up.

Kris was everywhere she was. Trying to apologize and making her feel all the pain again. It had passed but seeing him around just shot an arrow through her heart. Everything was so easy to forget but Kris was that reminder that not everything could be forgotten. It was the main reason why she had a hard time keeping quiet whenever seeing Minho to just tell him what had happened. How could Krystal block out that memory? Amber knew how. Krystal was never going to acknowledge it ever happening.

"Amber, please tell me you like him. Please, please, please tell me you like Kibum as much as I think he likes you."

Min looked at her hopefully and all Amber could do was sigh and nod. "Yes. It scares me really. I barely know him but I have this heart pounding feeling every time I see him. It's not like how it was with Kris at all. Kibum, from the beginning he made me flustered and on most days we bicker so much but I'm too scared to let anyone in."

"I think sometimes you just have to trust yourself to know that you won't get hurt again."

Amber nodded and bit her lip. "I felt his lips graze mine. I've kissed others before and it felt like it was about to be my first."

Min laughed with her and closed the computer before getting up to sit beside her. Amber had a smile on her face and watched Min walk towards her when the door slammed open. There in front of them was Krystal with all her glamorous glory. She had her bag hanging on her forearm and looked angry. The anger was directed to none other than her, Amber. Amber felt a chill run down her spine and hoped she didn't hear anything about what she and Min had been talking about. More than ever she was weary on how Krystal looked at Kibum. Krystal never looked at Kris like that until after she introduced them. She didn't even have to introduce her to Kibum and already she had that look in her eye. She wanted him in her possession. Not in the same level as Minho but she wanted him wrapped around her finger. It scared her so much that she wasn't going to lie to herself that she cried thinking of what could happen.

"What is the meaning of this?" Krystal showed on her phone screen the infamous text.

"It obviously is you and Minho in a compromising position." Min replied for her.

"I wasn't asking you. I was asking her. What the hell Amber? What is the meaning of this? How did you even get this?"

"What are you talking about? I could care less about the intimate life of you and Minho. But I do wonder how's Sulli holding up?"

Amber knew she hit a sensitive nerve when she mentioned Sulli's name. For a few seconds, sadness passed through Krystal's eyes. It was like she thought about Sulli finding out and it pained her. But her pride was too great for her to show any kind of emotion but glorified posh-ness and sophistication. 

"I don't know okay! But I traced it back and it went back to you. How did you even get in my house?"

"You sound ridiculous. What's the real reason you're here?"

Krystal smirked. Amber knew that she wasn't here about the picture and text. Krystal had probably already chewed out Suzy for what she did and then forgave her because she still needed someone that wasn't Sulli to bet on Minho. She couldn't let any other girl in school take the most sought out and lusted for boy Minho without fearing what would happen.

"I'm here to tell you that you should prepare to lose again. I'm really looking forward to that date with Key. I'm looking even more forward to the end of the night and that mandatory kiss. You must understand why I had to finally seal the deal with Minho. To be completely blunt. It was perfect and how I always pictured it to be. Minho was so gentle and loving. And what can I say he's showing all this affection to me and only me. But I have a very fun night planned for me and Key. It will be a very fun night. Oh and the auction is different this year. We don't know who we're bidding for until after we won. Luckily for me I know the order.

Amber sat frozen in her seat. Krystal's eyes and tone was scaring her. The queen didn't say anything more before leaving out the door. The auction was going to be hidden. Krystal and her friends had an advantage to knowing the order. How would she know when to bid on Kibum? She couldn't lose to Krystal. She couldn't have him go to her because of out-bidding. Amber hated the empty feeling in the pit of her stomach. It was making her nauseous and looking at Min only made her break down in tears with remembering everything. Krystal did acknowledge it and Amber felt sorry for Minho. She knew exactly what happened and why they couldn't be friends. That knowledge broke her and her walls. No. Not Kibum.

 


***

 


She was confused. Everything was confusing that she couldn't even concentrate on what she was reading. The day had started off with a scare. She had woken up to the breathing of Taemin and the first thing she thought of doing was checking to see if they were both clothed. They were and she didn't have a hangover because she didn't get to drink when Taemin found her and dragged her home where she cried all her woes on his chest and fell asleep.

It was perhaps a bit too much for her to handle. She had told Krystal to get one step closer to closure. She didn't expect the text Suzy sent and feeling the blood rush out of her body. Taemin had commented how she looked paled and she did. She just didn't know how to react. Something like that, she thought Krystal would have waited for bette

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter