Stirring Something

The Elites and Socialites [CANCELED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Beginning of a Happy Ending or Nightmare Event?

This weekend a gala was hosted by the infamous Jung family. No one knew why but it seemed that it was their turn to host the party. The show was stolen by the announcement of the Choi's oldest daughter getting engaged. Seems like Choi Sulli will be getting a new brother in more than one way with the news of her step-mother being pregnant. So why at such a happy occasion were so many unhappy?

Sulli was spotted crying by the fountain in her lonesome before Choi Minho failed to comfort said damsel. Why was Sulli crying and then seen drunk, pushing Lee Taemin away? Not only that, but Krystal Jung's date was none other than the new student she has dubbed as "Key." Was tension created between Key and Minho? It seemed no but there certainly was tension on between Kim Kai and Minho. Maybe Krystal wanted to get a rise from Amber Liu, ex popular girl, only to find out Kai was her date? How did she score such a hottie for the night? There in the lonely corner, after locking lips with a heavily intoxicated Oh Sehun, Bae Suzy was seen giving longing glances to an unresponsive Kai. Looks like he rather have spent his night with Amber than poor Suzy.

What is making these friends (and not friends) have such a hard time? I don't know but if I find out I won't be keeping it a secret.

 


The day had started out just fine and normal. No one was paying attention to the school newspaper as always. They passed by it and ran to their friends to hear the latest gossip. The only problem with that was that gossip from the weekend events that were family hosted never made it out. No one in the school knew what was going on. They only knew that Sulli's eyes were blood shot and Kai by her side trying to get her to talk. She never said anything but kept staring straight ahead at nothing in particular. 

Suzy was avoiding going anywhere near Kai because Sehun was standing with him. Krystal on the other hand was glaring Kai down and looking for someone that was clearly not Minho who stood beside her, secretly glancing at the stoic Sulli. It was for a bit before he would shake his head and kiss Krystal’s forehead as if reminding himself that he was taken and had very strong feelings for the girl. Then there was Taemin, nowhere to be seen. When he did show up he looked like he had been rather busy. He stopped next to Sulli who looked at him nonchalantly, took in his presence before fixing his color and whispering something in his ear. Taemin flew a hand to his neck and excused himself. Too late because the obvious lipsticks stain on his shirt collar and neck were seen.

In a second a student watching the odd group of friends was wondering why the sunshine smiling Sulli was so quiet that he ran into a stack of newspapers spilling some over. He picked them up in haste and what looked like a flyer flew from in between. Curious he picked it up and read the latest gossip and shook his head in pity for Sulli. His friends asked what was wrong with Sulli and he explained along with where the paper came from. By the time Kibum had walked through the doors and taken his books from his locker students were racing to find any newspaper not claimed.

A smile made it on his face as he continued forward and away from running girls that spotted the newspaper stack behind him. He and Amber had spent a while talking about how they could do this and not be the culprits. One thing was that they could put it as a flier and if it were to grow make it into something else. They would have alias, of course but for now they were nameless. All that mattered was getting the headmaster to see the students paying attention to the newspaper. 

But their information was weak and that was when Amber left to the restroom and ran into the drunken Sulli as she upchucked in a cubicle. Amber helped her clean up when Sulli drunkenly mumbled the news of her father and step-mother. It was too good to not put in. With the help of Min they remembered to mention themselves. By default they were taken out of suspicion.

 In that moment Kibum was searching for Amber before the start of first period. He couldn't find her anywhere but heard a squeal of girls as a tall, cold looking guy passed by. He seemed mysterious and scary with his naturally frowning face. Kibum watched him heading down the main office before looking for Amber again. He did find her but not how he expected to find her.

Amber was standing near a corner by her locker pulling down at her skirt. She was wearing a girl's uniform and if Kibum had not seen her in a gown that weekend he would be more surprised today. Amber spotted him looking and turned away from him. That made him laughs as he walked towards her and whispered in her ear.

"Excuse me have you seen my friend? She's your height but likes to wear a male uniform while dressing fancily for weekend events."

Amber turned around and smacked him on the back of the head. Kibum rubbed his head in pain while mumbling how much it hurt. He didn't open his eyes again until Amber was standing in front of him with her arms crossed. 

"You're not funny."

"It doesn't mean you should be so violent. I thought it was funny. Seriously though what happened?"

"Krystal happened. She gave me a letter last week and then sent one to my parents from school. This whole time they didn't know. They were fine with it but I was threatened suspension."

"In other words Krystal got her way?"

"Yeah, being a girl and dressing like a male was too much attention that I was getting as the 'social outcast'."

He was about to reply when a loud scream was heard. They both looked down the hall to see Krystal ripping the paper away from anyone's hand. Min ran across the hall to them to watch the marvel that was Krystal Jung having a breakdown. She looked around at everyone holding the paper and didn't know how to stop them from reading what was already read. Kai came running behind her to stop her from making a scene. She pushed him off but he kept trying to hold her back until he urgently whispered something. Krystal took the nearest student's paper before running off with Kai.

"That was intense. I guess we hit a nerve by being so rude with Sulli." Min spoke and looked at Amber. "He's back Amber and I'm wondering about this plan of yours. Are you okay with being thrown under the bus with this?"

Kibum looked to Amber and wondered who he was. Was he the same senior Nicole had mentioned before? She didn't look at him as an expression he couldn't quite figure out crossed her features. She seemed panicked but there was something else there too. Amber looked down and nodded to Min.

"It doesn't matter. I've already been humiliated enough that it wouldn't matter. If its blackmail they wouldn't know it backfired with me printing my own rumors."

"Wait, why do you ask Min?"

Min smiled at them before slipping out a yellow envelope. She handed it to them to look at. In the corner, huddled together they looked through the contents. Kibum read what the students knew and didn't know how to tell. It was as if this made them realize they could give their secrets out. Kibum read through most and saw that they were past events but still relevant to it. He looked to Min who shrugged and leaned forward.

"I went in this morning to write a piece for the paper and while in there I kept getting these notes and pictures thrown under the door. Some are old but they all involve the inner clique. It seems the student body gave us a week worth of gossip to write about. That is why I ask if it's okay to be thrown under the bus Amber. There's something on Kai and though it's no surprise it's with whom and photo evidence that makes it so shocking."

Min pulled out something else she had in her back pocket. She handed it to Amber. Amber took one glance at it before trying to hide it behind her back. Kibum immediately cornered her to try and grab the picture she was holding. Amber struggled and put it behind her back and didn't budge with his maneuvering of moving her away. He looked down at her. She was avoiding eye contact with him. She was okay with being thrown under the bus a minute ago but now she wasn't okay with it. He stepped back to make her believe he was giving up.

Amber didn't relax as if she knew what his tactic was. She remained guarded while Min laughed at figuring out it meant Amber did not want that story ran. Min left after that leaving them behind with her guarded and holding the picture behind her back. Kibum threw his arms up in defense and stepped back to head to class. The same guy he saw earlier was coming their way through the rapidly emptying hallway. It seemed he was looking for someone. Kibum didn't know much but the whispers and looks that followed the guy around meant something. This unknown person to him was someone. Something clicked in his brain when he put two and two together. He turned to Amber but was startled by Min.

"We need a place to have the student body drop what they see. If they keep coming to the editor's room the jig will be up. I'm thinking a mail or disposable number could work. Maybe mail that's harder to track down if done correctly. I'll work on it and let you guys know okay."

"That's fine with me and I think its fine with this sudden human zombie." Kibum pointed at Amber while Min laughed. Min looked behind him and had a knowing look on her face. She patted him on the shoulder before walking away. Kibum shrugged and stepped forward before he was stopped again and the guy readily approached where he was standing.

Amber had thrown her arms around his neck and brought him down to her almost touching her lips. It was out of character and so sudden that he lost his balance leaning his body on hers and completely covering her from view. Whatever had brought on the action bothered him more than anything else. He wasn't one to go around kissing or pretend kissing people that he had no particular feelings for. Amber, he knew for a fact had no feelings for him other than friendly ones. He gathered back his thoughts after staring at her doe eyed scared face and pushed away from her. It had been a good minute and when he did she sighed while watching the back of the previous guy walking away. Kibum glanced at her before grabbing the picture she was no longer guarding.

He looked at it for a second and scoffed. Of course more secrets were coming out and now he was questioning who Amber really was and if she had truly changed. He pushed her into doing this but did her past stay behind her change? Their current situation where she almost kissed him just now let him know that not everything was in the past. Kibum took the picture and ripped it in half in front of her. He ripped it to shreds as he let them fall to the ground. The picture of her and Kai was destroyed for the most part. The image was still engraved in his brain.

"I don't care what you did or used to do back before I met you. I like you because you're different. If you're trying to hide something or from someone don't drag me into it again."

He started walking away when Amber stopped him. "Kibum I'm sorry. I panicked."

"So had you panicked more you would have actually kissed me? Is that why you kissed Kai because you panicked?"

"That was in the past it's just ... I liked him."

Kibum looked to the boy that had passed and nodded. "Awesome well I'm late for class." He removed his arm from Amber's hold and walked a few feet before turning over to look at Amber. "You won't let this change you will you?"

"No. I'm not going back to that. You won't change right."

"Of course I won't."

He answered that but he wasn't so sure he could actually keep that promise. Already he was changing whether she noticed or not. The picture and walking past Amber's ex-crush made him grimace. Stupid, she's just a friend and nothing else. Outside of his classroom door was the last person he wanted to see. He stopped and started walking backwards around the corner when Krystal saw him. She ran to him and smiled with her cute preppy style of dressing even with a school uniform.

"Key, did you see? Who would do this? Sulli is devastated and won't talk to Kai or Taemin. They were the only ones she remembers telling. I told her Kai could have told Amber but Sulli said he wouldn't. She thinks it's Taemin so she's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter