An Eye For An Eye

The Elites and Socialites [CANCELED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's Spring Break ... I didn't update last week ... I got time. So here you go. :D

 

"Everything has to be perfect."

"Mom not everything has to be perfect."

"Yes it does. We’re announcing your engagement tonight. It has to be perfect."

Kai groaned and jabbed Sulli in the back. The latter turned to look at him before raising her hand to hit him. He only laughed as she scowled at him but soon smiled when she saw someone behind him. Kai followed her sight and beat Sulli to getting to Taemin's side. It was the weekend and like every other weekend there was some sort of event their parents were throwing that would force them all to go. Not that he was complaining since usually it was his only chance to kiss Krystal and fantasies that she belonged to him instead of Minho. Luckily for him neither had shown up yet though he expected Minho to show up first. It was no news that Krystal was coming with the new kid as her today and that left Minho solo. Probably trying to claim Sulli as his date.

Kai beat him to it which never really counted since he was Sulli's step-cousin and used that to really give Sulli over to Taemin. He was younger than the other males in the group but he was closer to Taemin than Minho ever was. So that gave him the inside information on what his best friend was feeling and that was that Taemin had the hots for his cousin. Yet something told him that Taemin had gotten way further with Sulli than he ever did with Krystal. 

Sulli pushed past him as he had hung his arm over Taemin's shoulder as she hugged Taemin instead. The way they always greeted each other was as if they hadn't seen each other in days when it had been hours. If he didn't know any better he would think Sulli also had feelings for Taemin but he knew better and he knew she likes Minho. Not likes, she "loves" Minho as she would say from time to time in sighs. Kai knew Sulli's home was more of a home to him than his own. The broken little Choi home had more love surrounding their walls than his where the pressure was on to be the perfect little heir.

His escape was always Sulli's home or dancing with Taemin. He made a deal with his parents that he would dance strictly for charity not as a career. It made his father readily agree as seeing that he doing charity competitions every weekend gave his father a good name and their company. If he had a way he would be a dancer much rather than be the heir to a company. Taemin was almost in the same position. Only saved because he had an older brother that would take over the company. If not him he still had an older cousin while Kai had no one. He did have an older sister but she got to choose what she wanted since she was a girl. Life wasn't fair for him. First he had to do something he didn't like as a living and the girl he loves since they were young belongs to someone else.

"Taeminnie where's Naeun? I thought you were bringing her."

"Nah, she doesn't really fit well here and always gets uncomfortable. I'm dateless for the night."

Kai smirked and winked at Taemin as Sulli wrapped her arm around his and smiled. "I'll be your date then. Both you and Kai will be my date."

"I thought you would have loved to have been Minho's date."

Sulli sneered at him before grabbing his arm a wrapping her free arm through it. "I much prefer this set up. Besides it's not like Krystal is going to stay with the new kid all night."

She had a point and he could see what she was doing. From what small snippets of conversation he could hear between Taemin and Sulli during the ride home from school—due to having his headphones on—she was to keep her distance from Minho. It wasn't like she never tried. Kai would see her walk the other way when seeing Minho walking towards her. She did try but apparently it wasn't enough and Kai wasn't going to say anything. He didn't know Minho well or what was up with him. He just wanted him out of the way so he can be with Krystal.

"Anyway why is Krystal bringing the new kid?" Taemin looked over to Kai who shrugged.

"My mother is announcing Sooyoung's engagement today. She invited everyone and that includes the Liu's. Amber will be here and well, you guys know the drill." Sulli sighed and shook her head. She looked up and paused before dragging them away. "Let's go this way instead."

Kai looked to see who they were avoiding and smirked. It was Minho who had walked in dateless and getting attention from everyone in the premise. He looked around and spotted him, making eye contact. That was his cue. He slipped away from Sulli. She gapped at him but he shooed her away with Taemin. Sulli glared but turned away while he winked at Taemin who rolled his eyes at him.

Trap. It was set when Minho went hunting down his other two friends. Today he would get answers whether they liked it or not. He would also get Krystal's attention the only way he knew how, playing fire with fire. Kai was accustomed to getting burned. Happened the first time he slept with someone who happened to be one of Krystal’s maids. She found them and she fired the maid while making her be “very disappointed” in him. If she wanted to make Amber jealous he could make her jealous. The person he was looking for walked in with her family, looking around until he swoops by her. If he was correct in guessing her parents didn't know about their contention. 

"Hello Amber. I see you're dateless. Want to be my date?"

Amber looked appalled but her mother pushed her forward. Kai smiled kindly to her parents and bowed before taking her away. She was trying to get away but he was stronger than her. That and he towered over her whether she liked to admit it or not. She only made him stop when she stepped down on his heel with her wedges.

"First of all ow, second of all that is not how you treat your date."

"I was going to meet Henry."

"No. You wouldn't want Henry. You want to stay with me for tonight's event. Trust me."

"No you trust me Jongin. I want to find my friend."

"How you and he remained friends after breaking up is beyond me. Can you just once trust me in this? Have I ever led you astray?"

"Have you ever not led anyone astray? You make a move at everyone but Sulli regardless if you find them attractive or not. I for one don't want the wrath of that." 

Amber pointed to the front after slipping her arm out of his hold. He held her back by holding onto her waist and looking forward to see Suzy standing by the wall seething. He rolled his eyes as he led Amber down the hall. He didn't want to make Suzy jealous. He didn't want anything with Suzy but she never got that he wasn't interested. She would get back at him for this though and the victim will be an intoxicated Sehun like it always was. If recalled correctly it was Suzy that actually had more to do with the fallout between Amber and Krystal than everyone else. If only Suzy hadn't come along. That was his thoughts all the time.

"Touché, I'll apologize now for that. I'll figure out a way to get her fire put out."

"Just date her. It's not like Krystal will give you a time of day. I mean she's probably face with her boyfriend by now."

"Or her date…"

"Her date would be Minho."

"Not today Am, today he's her date."

Kai spun Amber around to see the entrance of the Jung's. Krystal was doing a good job at being the eye candy to her date like she always was. This time the new face called everyone's attention including Amber's who gripped his arm too tightly. She was in a panic and he knew it had to do with the fact that she was wearing a gown and makeup. The new kid hadn't met her that way. She turned around and walked to the table full of champagne before downing two. Kai stopped her before she could take her third and shook his head. She should know how she gets under the influence of alcohol. It did kill her nerves but she slipped secrets like no other. It made her too loose and he could still visibly remember how both of them ended up heavily kissing on his bed before she figured out what was going on and pushed him off to run home. He didn't mind that part but he did mind if anyone found out when they both promised to keep mum due to it being a mistake.

"You like him don't you?"

Amber glared at him and shook her head. "No. But he is a friend. A better friend than any of you ever were. How could you not believe me?"

"I did. But that meant spilling what happened between us and that means more anger from Stal."

"Just get me out of here Jongin."

"I thought you liked playing with fire? Krystal brought him here for a reason. Give her a reason to be pissed as well. Be my date."

Amber seemed to contemplate it when she looked behind to see them. He could see the wheels turning by the time she turned around and nodded. Kai grinned and put his arm around her waist again as he introduced her as his date to the other guests. He could only imagine Krystal's face.


***


"And here he comes again."

"Stop it Taemin."

"Tae, Ssul what's up guys?"

Taemin groaned and walked to retrieve a drink at the presence of Minho. He could hear Jinri greeting him when he turned around. By the time he came back to hand Jinri her drink she had an incredibly awkward space between her and Minho. She was smiling sweetly but stuck to him by the time he was by her side. Taemin sighed and put up a front like he always did. Minho only smiled at them while trying to find a comfortable conversation to have with them. Too bad for him Taemin wasn't paying attention and Jinri was just nodding and giving no opinion on any topic.

There was bad air between them and all three knew it. Only Taemin knew that Minho was confused as to why Jinri was so distant. Even after having spotted them kissing she wasn't as distant as she was today. Taemin wasn't going to give him the pleasure of letting him know why she was. Their conversation in the car came back to him as he decided to comfort the shaking Jinri by placing his arm around her. He had been harsh to her.

The poor little fragile bird was Jinri. The wounded animal that was hypocritical in how she behaved from time to time. Taemin felt sorry for what he had said to her. Yet he was surprised she preferred his company than Minho's. In

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter