I Don't Like This

The Elites and Socialites [CANCELED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Thank you to the people that have commented. It's not many that do but you guys make me want to update. :D Thanks again ... even you guys dislike how some charatercs act, which is fine since I do too but I wrote them to be that way ... opps...

 

The day was like your regular day. He woke up before Jonghyun and ended up making breakfast for the two again. It was like an unspoken chore that he did without realizing. After breakfast he left walking to school and avoiding the driver that the Jung's would always send. He always wondered who drove Krystal to school until he remembered that Minho most likely always picked her up. Regardless he never once rode in the car sent to him.

Kibum found it all too bothersome for him. He already felt indebted to the Jung's for paying his schooling. He did not need another reason to remind himself why he couldn't just hurt Krystal to make her go away. Every little thing they did to him made him in some way or another nicer to Krystal than he ever planned to be. In his defense Krystal was a wounded bird on the inside. Anyone who paid close attention could tell that she was wounded and hurting from something. It didn't excuse what she did. There was never an excuse for destroying someone's life or getting pleasure by being mean to others.

It took everything in his willpower not to ask what had happened. Something told him that Krystal wouldn't know. Maybe it was a defense of hers to not feel guilt or maybe Krystal sincerely could not remember if she had done something wrong. Either way he didn't know because Amber would not talk and he wouldn't make Amber talk. What little he knew was from Henry who had made a habit of calling him every day just to see how everything was going. Kibum knew that whatever reason Henry was calling for it was mainly to check if he was still the same. He was. At least nothing had changed him.

The school was coming closer to view and the first person he saw was Nicole who he waved to but the other one was Amber who was behind her. He passed by Nicole and swung his arm around Amber's shoulder. She didn't jump or react much to what he did. She must have gotten used to him doing that every time they met. The more he thought about it, he would always do it. Her usual response was to jab him playfully in the stomach to make him stop. Today she didn't and that made him wonder what was up with her that she wasn't paying much attention.

Kibum looked around them and in the corner across the street was his answer standing there. Kris was there staring him down like he was at fault for something. In all actuality it was Kris who was at fault for making Amber be the way she was. She wasn't responding and he could only somewhat blame himself for not having gotten to school earlier. Without her having to say anything verbally he moved away to what was considered a normal distance between friends. When he did that he got a response from Amber.

"Min says that we should check the email after school. A lot of people have been sending things in."

He nodded but didn't say anything. She must still be processing what she and Kris were talking about. Or more like what Kris was talking about. It would eat at him all day to want to know what was said. He knew it would but he had to push past that. Amber wasn't anything to him but a friend. They were only friends. He had no claim over her. Still lingering in the back of his mind was this thought that said it shouldn't be like that. Kibum pushed that thought down and walked into the school. It was the same as usual but one particular couple.

"Stop, stop, stop, stop…"

Kibum nudged Amber on the side to point out the abnormally sweet Krystal and Minho. They were in the middle of the hallway and Minho had his arms wrapped around Krystal. It seemed that he was whispering in her ear making her feel ticklish. Even with how Amber reacted Kibum knew that it was very uncommon for them to do that. School had barely started and already a sight of a sweet loving "it" couple called everyone's attention. No one really paid attention to how Kai was scowling at the side with Sehun beside him. Taemin was at his locker getting books out. He didn't pay the couple much attention but kept throwing glances at Sulli who smiled and waved at everyone that passed. It was complicated for sure but Krystal actually looked happy and not forcing it with the undying attention Minho was giving her.

"I take it that doesn't happen often."

"No not at all. Usually it's Krystal trying to get Minho's attention while he's so indifferent. Seeing them like this is like a glimpse to how it probably first started off."

Amber stopped and turned to look at him. It seemed she had something on her mind but didn't know how to word it. Gone was the expression from before and there stood someone that looked somewhat excited? She tucked a hair behind her ear. There was a smile on her face that it made him smile. He was happy no one had come to interrupt them like usual. It was usually Min who came with new news or gossip that made her giddy. If not Min it was the stubborn Kris. Kibum finally had a chance to walk Amber home the previous day when Kris was waiting for her at the gate. He could only groan and pull Amber to the other side while looking Kris down to keep him away. The glare did its work and probably the fact that Amber hadn't seen him also helped. But he knew the reason as to why Kris hadn't come to interrupt them.

"I talked to my parents last night. My mom asked me about the boy auction and if there was really anyone that I cared about betting on and I told them I did. She didn't ask questions but she literally gave me a blank check for it. This is the first time she's done that and then I found out that Henry told her it was you."

"Oh well I guess I'm saved?"

Amber nodded not realizing that she was smiling too brightly. He shook his head and walked forward as she followed behind him. He only stopped when he saw a sweet looking girl walking up to them. She passed him but stood right in front of Amber. So much for not being interrupted. Amber had been looking down smiling to herself that she didn't notice the girl stopping in front of them. She only looked up when he nudged her hand. Confused she looked at him and to where he was pointing for her to look. Amber made an "oh" sound and smiled at the girl in front of her.

"Amber I have a really big favor to ask of you."

"What is it Naeun? You seemed disturbed."

"I am. I don't have any way to get large amounts of money to bet on Taemin for the boy auction. I'm worried that someone else will get him."

Kibum looked to Taemin who stood beside the happy couple that were talking to each other while having their foreheads touching. Kai had long gone and it looked like Suzy was trying to talk to Taemin but glaring Sulli down, the person Taemin was talking to. He wasn't sure why Naeun would be worried until he noticed the look in Taemin's eye. It was unspoken but he could tell that Taemin cared for Sulli in more than a friendly way.

"Are you worried that Sulli will bid on him?"

Naeun nodded while biting her lip. "I know they're childhood friends and that he chose me but I'm so insecure about her. They have so much history and I'd be blind to not see the chemistry they have. I'm just insecure."

"But..."

Amber pouted and looked to him. Kibum looked at her and gave her a sad face. It wasn't because he was sad but because she couldn't refuse Naeun. He could see how worried she was about not having Taemin with someone she knew had no feelings for him. Amber's pout grew as she stumped her feet at him. She didn't want to and he could tell. Just a few minutes ago she was all excited about having a blank check and knowing she would beat Krystal. But seeing Naeun looking at Taemin and biting her lip as if she would cry hit a chord with him. He could survive Krystal. 

"Amber, please." Naeun started rubbing her hands together in a plea.

Kibum wrapped Amber's hand in his and shook it in a childish way. She could only groan at him and pouted even more. She looked down and nodded.  Naeun smiled and hugged Amber before walking away to Taemin who smiled at seeing her and walked away from Sulli who watched him go before walking off. Amber started glaring at him for pressuring her into saying yes to Naeun. He only shrugged but that earned him a shove. He laughed at her and got her to laugh before he stopped. In the corner of his eye he could see Krystal walking towards him with Minho. Amber followed his gaze and at seeing Krystal she automatically started walking away until he grabbed her hand and pulled it back. She tried to get away. By that time Krystal was already standing in front of him looking at Amber with her signature face.

"Key, so I want you to finally meet Minho. I told him about how I want to get to know you so I'll be betting on you for the auction. He's fine with it as long as Suzy bets on him."

Minho stuck his hand out and Kibum shook it. Minho had a friendly smile on his face that he could hear girls fainting at the sight. In front of him was the perfect couple and he couldn't deny that they did look like they were made for each other.

"I've heard a lot about you from Krys. She's really excited about this and already has a plan of what you'll do."

"I can hardly wait..."

Krystal smiled brightly at him and slapped his arm in a playful manner. He stumbled and apparently Amber had been hiding behind him the whole time. When he stumbled Amber was put into view where Minho could see her. He smiled friendly at her but Krystal's smiled disappeared almost having forgotten she was there. She looked at Amber and down to their hands linked together. A sneer made it to her face before her voice turned into a saccharine tone that was chilling for him to hear.

"Amber I did not see you there. Will you be betting on someone in particular this year or will you be going against me for Key?"

Amber avoided eye contact with Krystal while Minho nudged Krystal to tell her to stop. "Unfortunately I have someone else in mind..."

"Oh you'll be going for Kris this year? I told you she would, didn't I?"

Krystal spoke to him and he only smiled. "Well it was nice meeting you and talking to you but we have to go."

He didn't wait for a reply before turning around. Amber didn't have to be dragged when she went so willingly to get away from Krystal. It wasn't pleasant at all being in her presences with Amber being there. It was what he expected to see. Krystal throwing jabs at Amber that had hiding meanings they only knew about. Hidden meanings that hurt Amber more then he probably could imagine. They walked in silence passing everyone for a while until they reached the point where they had to go different ways for their classes. Kibum finally let go of Amber's hand not having realized he had been holding it the whole time. Amber looked as if she was lost in her thoughts with the distant look in her eyes.

"I'm sorry about that back there." He spoke to get her out of her reverie.

"It's not your fault."

"I'm not apologizing about Krystal. I think everyone knows how she is. I'm apologizing about making you agree to what Naeun wanted."

"Oh..."

"You seemed really excited about it and ... I’m I wrong to say that you lost to Krystal last year?"

Amber shook her head but stayed quiet. He had figured she wouldn't say anything. He could only ever get a nod or a shake as an answer. No more. No less. If he had the choice he would want to know but it wasn't his past. He wasn't opening up or being asked to open up. Amber, she was reserved and kept it that way. There was a chance she was more outgoing before yet what he saw in front of him was who she had become. Someone that was still trying to heal the wounds from the past while others kept reopening them. He was one of those people and he should feel shame.

"Last year Kris won the popular choice. It was no secret to anyone that I liked him. He knew as well. When the auction day came I was ecstatic in thinking that I had a chance to a date with Kris. I should have had more shame but I didn't. Instead I found myself going up against Suzy. She was trying to outbid me but I won. At the last minute when I had reached my limit Krystal overbid me. I was left with Myungsoo and Suzy with Taemin. Another girl had gotten Minho while Sulli had bet on Sehun."

Kibum smiled sadly. He didn't know how to reply but Amber had said enough. It explained why she was so reluctant and he had made her make a promise to bid on someone else. He hadn't asked for her to tell if she wasn't ready and Amber was not ready to talk about the continuation of that story. The look in her eyes said everything so Kibum messed her hair up in a friendly gesture to let her know she didn't have to say anything else and he understood. It was also time for them to go to class.

"Look on the bright side, at least you're not crushing on me so no conflicting feelings are involved." He said that to make her smile not to see her look at him with a confused expression on her face.

"Yeah..."

That yeah didn't convince him and he knew it didn't convince her. She stood there for a while thinking before turning around and walking away. He stared at her as she walked away with his hand raised as a wave. "Yeah, okay bye. See you later... aish." He threw his hand down before going his way to class. 

Yeah, he had the same reply Amber gave him if he directed the question to him. At least they didn't like each. From his side he knew that was partially a lie.


***


Making a decision wasn't hard. Sticking to that decision was. He could easily go crawling back and knew she would give in to his persuasion. Seeing her everyday made it harder but he was willingly to change. At least he would remind himself every day and every hour. Today was no different. The only deference was that his cousin came to see him when he walked along the school grounds heading to the back where the soccer field was located. Onew never really graced his presence to Taemin. Only when work let him. He learned a lot from Onew and one was to not trust anyone and guard his heart. He failed on that par

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter