November Trip Part One

My Bestfriend's Love

 

 

“Come on, Gyuri! We already have everything planned” Whined Nicole.

When Gyuri had come home from work, she found all the girls in the living surrounding the coffee table, happily whispering unaware of the confused goddess.  The moment she asked what the whispering was all about, she regretted it. The girls had planned a weekend out at a restore up north.

“Girls, you know I can’t” Gyuri’s voice echoed in the small living room.

She secretly liked the thought, but she knew she didn’t have time or the money. She wasn’t like her friends; Nicole and Seugyeon had come from a very rich family with already well-know companies. And Hara wasn’t rich, but she wasn’t poor; simply middle-class. Gyuri never had a vacation, even when she was younger. She was constantly working to make ends meet. She envied her rich friends for not working as much she had, but she also knew they couldn’t handle the stress. In the group, Gyuri was the mother-figure. She often cooked them food, helped them with homework and with boys. She nagged the girls to clean up after them self. To her, it had come naturally; the girls had learned to lean on her for everything.

“Please, please!”  Seugyeon pouted, “Trust us everything is sent, just agree!”

Gyuri looked to Hara for help, but Hara looked confused too, “They said the same thing to me too, I just agreed” the skinny beauty smiled apologetically.

“But, I’m working this weekend”

“Don’t worry, we got that covered!” Nicole smiled proudly, as she looked to Seugyeon.

“What are you talking about?” Gyuri replied, curiously between the two girls.

But it was Hara who answered, “I talked to your boss about giving you the weekend off and even though she was sad that her best waitress isn’t working, she thinks you deserved sometime off!”

Gyuri kept as if she had something stuck in . She looked at the three girls in front of her, feeling warm inside. She cleared before answering,

“Fine”

And with that the three girls cheered in victory.

“How did you pay for this?” Hara said, in shock; while Gyuri stood beside her in the door of their hotel suit, unable to speak. Both were unable to breathe as the view in front of them was too captivating. The other two girls had quickly dropped their bags to the floor and ran to the kitchen to the right of the door. Everything was seemed right out of a catalogue. To the front of Hara and Gyuri’s view was the living room with a view of the dark night. And to the right was a hallway that led to three other rooms.

It was the following Friday of the second week of November. After finishing school, the girls quickly left home and drove 3 hours north. By the time they reached the restore, they weren’t able to see anything clearly, expect from the lights that showed the resort. They were too tired really to notice anything else but getting to their room and sleep.

“We didn’t” Seugyeon sang happily, grabbing a water bottle, before disappearing into the hallway, “I call this room with Gyuri” She shouted.

“Wait” Gyuri snapped out of her trance and looked at Nicole to find her already pigging out, “What do you mean you didn’t pay for this?”  She moved out from the door, grabbing the girl’s bags from the floor, moving it to the small dining table to her right. She turned to face Nicole as she dropped a bag of chips to the counter.

“Do you guys remember Jonghyun?” The two girls shook their head, no; Nicole answered, “Oh yeah! You guys never met him before! Well anyways, his family owns a chain of hotels and resorts, this happens to one them.”

Gyuri stood, watching as Hara stepping out of the door into the suit, grabbing Nicole’s bag along with hers into the hallway.

“Hey, Gyuri” Nicole said, worried. “Are you okay?” She asked from across the room. The suit echoed her voice allowing the other girls from hearing in even in their rooms making them coming into the room.

Gyuri looked up and smiled, “Yeah, I’m great. Just...” She stood and began to hug all of the girls, “Thank you”

The next morning the girls had decided to spend the morning at the spa. It seemed so long since the girls had just spent some time together alone. They were also expecting the guys to come sometime today, meaning that Seugyeon and Nicole would be spending time with Onew and Key, leaving the other two girls alone.

The girls had just finished getting their messages and were about head into the sauna before meeting up with the boys, but Hara had decided to get a glass of water before heading in with them. She wrapped her towel tighter around her chest, feeling uncomfortable with the lack of clothing she had on, and stepped out the door to a quiet room outside the message room. She let out a sigh of relief, pretending she was in a show; she wiped an imaginary sweat off her forehead. As she did that, her towel began to slip, slightly dropping. Hara quickly grabbed her towel, her already big eyes even wider now as she tighten her towel again.

“Omo, what if someone saw? That would be terrible!” She said speaking to herself, like a little girl. She playfully pouted before laughing at herself. Suddenly she heard a deep voice laughing along with her. She looked up to where the mysterious voice was coming from. Her eyes widen again to who she saw; Minho.

He was standing in front of the snack bar, dressed in a business suit holding a bottle of water in both hands. Hara covered her chest, feeling her cheeks warm up. She stumbled back; wondering if she could ran back in and pretend that this incident never happened, but it was too late. He was looking start into Hara’s widen eyes, chuckling at what he saw. Minho had just come with Jonghyun but when they had got there, they were quickly ambushed with business matters.

Hara never noticed that Minho had come close to her until she felt something on her shoulders. She looked up to see Minho only 2 feet away from her now only wearing his blue collared shirt; he had given her his black suit. She grabbed the front of the suit, careful not to wrinkle to and covered herself.

“Thank you” She whispered, bowing her head in embarrassment. And as if the whole situation was embarrassing enough of the young girl, her stomach had growled in hungry. She shut her eyes, hoping this wasn’t happening, “Why must this happen to me? In front of him? WHY GOD?!

She heard him chuckle again, “Are you hungry?” Hara looked up in response, just giving him a sheepish smile. The girls decided that they would eat after they went to the spa.  “Come on” He continued, “I’ll treat you to breakfast” He gave her a smile that actually took her breath away.  

When she had come out of the change room, Minho was busy on the phone. It seemed like it he was arguing with the person on the other line, but the moment their eyes met, he quickly hang up the phone. He jumped out of the stool, and walked up to Hara. Minho was amazed on how casual she dress; gray baggy sweat pants, baggy white v-neck and black uggs. As side from Nicole’s casual look, all the girls he’s ever met seemed always looked like they stepped out of the catwalk, with heavy make and tight clothing and high heels. When he looked closer at her face, he say her natural beauty; no sign of make-up.

“Here, thank you” Hara extended her arms to him, handing back his suit.

He shook his head, “You look cold, wear it” She did as she was told a put her arms in the selves, not caring that it was 3 times bigger than her. When she was finished, Minho extended his arm to her, “My lady” He called, smiling down to her. She laughed at him and linked arms with him, forgetting about her shyness.

“I never had this before” Hara said before she took another bite of her American style pancakes, “Well I mean Gyuri made it before, I just never tried it! I regret it now, it taste so good!”

Minho laughed, “You seem different now”

“Well you’ve seen me at my worst, so I guess that can make us friends, right?” She said cheerful. In truth, Hara had no idea what had come over her to shed her shyness; she only acted like this when she was around her girls.

“Friends?” He looked at her, smirking.

“Ye-es” She said dazed from his smirk, “Well... If you want to I mean”

He pretend to think for a bit, making Hara giggle, “Alright” He announced, “Friends”

Hara smiled, “Minho oppa”

“Can I be called oppa too?” Joked Jonghyun, taking a seat beside the embarrass Hara. Jonghyun laughed again, as he began talking about his trip here. Minho half-heartily listen to Jonghyun’s stories, mainly paying attention on how quickly Hara changed from the cheerful girl he was talking to just a moment ago to the shy one he met a couple of months ago. It was strange to see how her mood changed so quickly.

“YAH! Minho! I asked you a question!” Yelled Jonghyun

“I’m sorry what?” He turned his head to his friend

“I asked you how the meeting went”

“Meeting?” Hara asked, speaking for the first time since Jonghyun came.

“Yeah, meeting! His family owns a chain of famous spas, that includes the one here” Jonghyun said, taking a bit of Minho’s food, “That’s why you girls got to experience the spa without anyone there”

Hara never noticed it then, but now it made sense. She had assumed that since it was morning no one wanted to go to the spa.

“Really?” She looked into Minho’s eye seeking for an answer, all she got was a nod.

Jonghyun turned to face Hara, grabbing her hands in his hands “Yah! I owe this resort, give me some attention!” He pouted playfully.

“OUCH” Jonghyun yelled when he received a slap in the head making him drop Hara’s hands as he rubbed his head and faced to find angry Gyuri.

“Who gave you the right to touch her?” She said angrily.

“YAH! If you wanted me to hold your hands, just say so!” He stood up, so they would be at eye level, “I don’t need you to hit me!”

Gyuri rolled her eyes, “Please like that will ever happen!”

Hara and Minho exchanged confused looks with each other, “How do you guys know each other?” Minho asked.

“I don’t” Gyuri  said.

“But you wish to know me!” Jonghyun joked, putting his arm around her shoulder.

“YAH! Don’t touch me!” She yelled, pushing him off, and sat beside Minho.

“You never answer the question unnie, how do you know him?” 

“We met once or twice before” She said, “How do you know him then?” She flipped her hair back

“Unnie, this is Jonghyun... the one who owes this resort” Hara said shyly.

Gyuri eyes widen, “Are you serious?”  Now that she knew that her vacation was being paid by the joker in front of her, she regretted agreeing.

“What do you think I’m hotter know” He leaned in giving Gyuri a wink. In response Gyuri leaned back in her chair, “Gross” she whispered

“WHO ARE YOU CALLING GROSS?”

“YOU! I’M GOING TO GROSS!”

From there the argument grew louder and louder. They were lucky they were the only ones in the restaurant. Minho and Hara exchanged looks to each other, and planned their escape out.

“Oh hey guys, we didn’t know you guys knew each other” Onew said happily, hand-in-hand with his girlfriend, Seugyeon.

“Gyuri, you never told me that you knew Jonghyun”

“I didn’t know I knew him actually”

“Well, that’s great, maybe you guys can come double date with us?”  Seugyeon asked her friend.

“What do you say?” Onew asked, smiling as his best friend.

“Why don’t you ask Hara and Minho...- Oh, they ditched” Gyuri said, disappointed. She was so consumed in the fight with Jonghyun she didn’t even realized that her two friends had left.

“Please please, Gyuri!” Seugyeon plead to her best friend, and Onew did the same.

Gyuri and Jonghyun exchanged glances, “Fine”. 

Author's Note: This chapter took way too long to write. I had a different idea for this this before, but when I started writing it started to change, and now the whole trip is different. The next part is going to be mostly Nicole and Key's part of the trip. And because of school and work and other things, I'm having a harder time writing the chapters out, sorry guys.