I love you, Cole

My Bestfriend's Love

"You look like a dog eating that ice cream!" Jinwoon laughed as him and Nicole walked the busy streets of Seoul. They had just finished another of their many projects together and to celebrate they got ice cream- it was becoming a tradition of theirs. It was mid-October and they had developed a friendship. It tends to happen after constantly being paired up together for projects. Nicole didn't mind. Jinwoon was a really sweet guy. He had a eye smile that made anyone happy, Nicole couldn't deny that fact that he was handsome. He had a vibe that gave off "I'm handsome", she once told him that, and he quickly laughed. 

"YAH!" Nicole pretended to look serious before laughing, "I'm just copying you!" She stuck her tongue out They had become comfortable with each other now, their friendship reminded of her and Key's friendship. Though they were close enough to tell each other everything, Nicole always felt calm in his presence. Jinwoon laughed along with Nicole, "Funny, very funny" Nicole was about to reply, until she heard her phone ringing from her jean pocket. Nicole lifted her hand up to signal, hold on and looked at the screen. She frowned a little bit, biting her lip again before putting it back into her pocket. She looked up to Jinwoon and smiled. 

"It's Kibum again?" He asked in a more serious tone. Nicole's phone had been going on every 10-15 minutes and all times Nicole had never answered. Nicole never told why she didn't answer the phone and why she was avoiding her best friend, only her girls knew- actually it had been the girls idea. 

That night after spending the day with Jiyoung, Minho and his brother, Nicole had returned to a group of girls seating in the living watching television. Seungyeon sat on the floor, legs stretched out under the coffee table, while Gyuri and Hara sat at the ends of the couch, legs crossed. They all looked at her, faces shocked.

Seungyeon spoke up first as Nicole took of her shoes, "You're back quiet early" The day was just about the set, as the sun was slowly setting, leaving a site of colors outside. Nicole moved into the living, and jumped into the center of the couch. Seugyeon sat on the coffee table, facing Nicole and grabbed her small hands. Gyuri wrapped her arms around Nicole and Hara turned her whole body toward Nicole. Nicole laughed nervously , "What's wrong with you guys? " 

The girls knew something was wrong the moment she had come through the door. Not only was she early, her shoulders slumped in disappointment, and her eyes showed now sparkle like it did when she just spent time with Key. This only meant one thing- Key had ditched her again. Hara had been feeling uneasy the moment he came back from Canada, but they had kept it to herself.

"Stop lying!", Gyuri looked frustrated,  Seugyeon continued, "We know something is wrong", "Spill it!" Hara finished.

Nicole sighed in defeat and told her story. The girls all held their tongues expect for the occasional, "That jerk" from Gyuri's mouth. When she finished, she slumped her shoulders in shame. She took her phone out, looking at the screen. "Keybum <3" Gyuri stood up when she saw the name, "YAH Don't you dare answer that phone or help me God, I'm going to hurt you!" Nicole looked up, shocked, "Bu-bu-but, why?" She couldn't leave her best friend hanging. Seugyeon asnwered, "No lesson is learned if you keep forgiving him!" Nicole looked at Hara for help, her eyes pleading. Hara looked at her best friend, "I'm sorry, Cole. But I agree" 

Nicole looked down into her phone, the called stopped, "I gu- guess you guys are right" 

"Not, it's not a guess, it's we are right period" Gyuri stated. 

Nicole looked at Jinwoon, shocked, "How'd you know it was Kibum?" She never told him who it was. Jinwoon playfully rolled his eyes before answering, "I can see the screen". Nicole just nodded her head, unable to say anything. "You don't need to tell me what's wrong, I just hoped that things get better for you and him" Nicole smiled thankfully. "Anyways" He said, "I need to go see Seohyun" He waved off and crossed the street, leaving Nicole alone in the busy street to watch as the sun set. 

-------------------------------

"Earth to Nicole" Nicole was shocked back into reality. She noticed how it was dark now, and the street had become less crowd. She turned to see Jonhyun standing a few feet away from her, smirking, "If I didn't know you, I would have thought you were a crazy lady" He chuckled. 

Nicole smiled, "Sorry, I didn't notice the time" She looked at the clock 8. "Wow, I didn't even know I was standing here"

"I think you were sleeping" He laughed as they began to walk, "With my eyes opened?" She asked, "Standing up?". They both laughed until Nicole's stomached growled making both stop. She hadn't noticed that she was hungry. Nicole smiled shyly to Jonhyun, who rolled his eyes, "Come on, I'll treat you out" 

Nicole smiled as they walked into a restaurant, "YAH! Don't think of this of a date" and quickly walked into a both, not waiting for Jonhyun. He chuckled, "Like Key would let that happen" He said quietly and joined her. 

"You look like a pig, slow down" Jonhyun watched as Nicole stuffed her face with food. Nicole gave him a glare before answering with full, "I'm not a pig! People need to stop comparing me to animals! It's not nice" Her eyebrows knitted together in frustration as she wiped , "There I'm done!" She smiled at him. 

"Anyways, how come you aren't with any girls?" Nicole asked in confusion, very unlike him. He laughed, "Don't think I changed, little one, I have a date later tonight" 

"Oh" was all Nicole could say. He playfully winked at her before replying, "Don't think a girl can change me!". 

As they finished, Jonhyun spoked, "Who were you with earlier? You smell like a man, and it's not Key's scent?" Nicole didn't even ask how he knew that, he had some magically powers, "My friend, Jinwoon" was all she said. Jonhyun nodded his head, and the conversation had died. They walked silently into the dark streets of Seoul, and the lights were being to light up, leaving a beautiful scene. Nicole looked at the bright lights in amazement, until Jonhyun spoke and had left Nicole shock and hurt.

"Jinwoon? That's a guys name? Are you mae at Key because he has a girlfriend? Are you trying to get back at him?" Jonhyun looked at her, confused. Nicole stopped and looked straight into Jonhyun, "What did you say?" She asked loudly. Clearly, she didn't hear him right. Key has a girlfriend? No that couldn't be. Nicole was sure of it, he would have told her. Jonhyun looked at her shocked face but couldn't help but laugh, "He. didn't. tell. you?" He said in parts because of his laugher, then he saw the seriousness in her face, "Sorry" He looked her her small face, "He really didn't tell you?" Now he was shocked. 

"That jerk" She yelled as she ran to the direction of Key`s apartment. 

Jonhyun realized what he just caused, "Shoot, Key needs to be warned" He quickly texted his best friend before looking at his watch, "Oh I'm late for my date!"

------------------------------

"What the heck did Jonhyun send?" Key rubbed eyes, still feeling tired from his nap. He had woken up and it was already 9'o pm. The apartment was dark, and the only light was coming from the lights outside. He looked at his phone, Be aware. Key thought it was odd for Jonhyun to text that. As on cue, he heard banging at his door. What is going on? He thought, still half sleep. He dragged his foot one after the other towards to the door, opening the lights on the way.  The banging kept continuing, louder and louder. He opened the door, annoyed "YAH! Do you have any manners?" He yelled angrily. It was not until he noticed he was standing face to face to his best friend, his features soften automatically. "Cole" He whispered. 

"You jerk" She yelled in the hallway. Her eyebrows knitted together, her cheeks red, and lips slightly pouting. She hit his chest, roughly before brushing his shoulder and stomping into the living room. He heard something being thrown. He looked behind confused, What's going on? He saw Nicole standing infront a broken picture frame. That picture frame held up a photo of him and Nicole sitting at their park bench, his arm around Nicole. They were were both smiling happily. "WHAT THE HECK COLE?!" He yelled, running up to Nicole, the broken picture frame. "Are you kidding me? What's wrong with you?" He was being to get mad. First Nicole hadn't returned any of his calls or messages and now here she was breaking things in his home.

Nicole looked up, tears running down her face. Key was taken back not just by her appearance but what she had asked him, "Do I not mean anything to you anymore?" She asked softly, before she dropped to the couch, her body slumped. Key stood watching his best friend. He didn't understand what was going on, but he didn't want to leave his best friend in, he slowly walked to Nicole, sitting down softly not wanting to scare her. She shifted moving away from him. Her knees were to her chest, her face buried in her arms. "What do you mean Cole? You mean so much to me, you should know that!" Nicole looked up, tired. He saw the dark circles in her eyes. "Really?" She asked. He nodded as he wrapped his arm her shoulder bringing her closer to his chest.

"Then why didn't you tell me had a girlfriend?" She asked after a silent moment between the two. Key was taken back again. His body stiffen when he heard her question. Nicole worried about his reaction she moved away and looked at his face, his arm dropping from his shoulder. He looked at her, shocked. "Oh... that" He said, quietly. Nicole looked at him, "Oh? Is that all?" She asked with a hint of annoyance. 

"I'm sorry" Key said. 

Nicole looked away, and saw a note on his side table. She knew she shouldn't have looked, but she assumed it was nothing important. When she read it, she felt her body heating up in angry. "THANK KEY THANKS!" She throw the note to him. He looked at it, "Thanks babes for spending Chuseok" 

"" He thought. He had never told her that he had spent the last day with his girlfriend. He didn't really had a moment because she wouldn't answer his calls. 

Nicole gripped her legs tightly to her chest, feeling cold of all sudden, "You promised me, Key" She said softly like she was talking to herself, "I was hurting, because you broke your promise twice now" She looked up at him, her eyes red showing her pain. 

"I'm sorry" Was he could say. He couldn't lie to her, he had been such a bad friend. 

"You forgot to meet me that day because of her, right?" Nicole asked, shakily. She was afraid of the answer. He nodded his head.

Silence.

"Do I even anything to you?" She looked at him straight in the eye, her guard down. Her cheeks and eyes red and her lip was trembling like she was cold. She was trying to hold back around wave of tears. Her eyes was what hurt him the most. He could see the pain behind it, that he never saw till now. He couldn't answer. He felt something stuck in his throat. He reach for Nicole's arm. She didn't move when his arm landed on hand. He put it to his lap while Nicole remained still. He placed his fingers between hers, feeling her warmth. 

"I'm sorry" He said again, "I know I can't say anything else. I've been a bad best friend" He pulled her closed, letting go of her hand, to wrap to arm her shoulders. It was like their body was made for each her. His arm his perfectly around her shoulder. He put his head on her shoulder, "I'm sorry" 

Nicole finally moved closer to his chest. He moved his head from his shoulder to the top of head. He kissed the top of her head lightly, "I'm sorry, Cole" She moved her body facing Key's, putting her legs over Key's, almost like she was sitting on his lap. He wrapped both of his arms around her upper body, cradling her in his arms. He kissed her again, this time on her forehead, "Forgive me?" 

Nicole didn't move for sometime, and then nodded her head, burying her head on his shoulder. "I forgive you" She said finally. Key smiled and rested his head on hers. They didn't speak for a very long time, it felt like the time stopped for Key. He smelled her scent, a clean scent. She didn't put on perfume, and that's what he loved, a natural scent. 

He finally felt something he hadn't felt, courage. He looked down to Nicole, "I love you, Cole" He said. 

Author's Note: This chapter took me very long to write, I tried to make it longer this time so I'd like some comment.