I want you to meet someone

My Bestfriend's Love

Nicole had woken up to the sunlight. She rolled to her side, assuming she would drop to the floor, but she didn't. She just felt comfortable. She slowly woke up, to see a large window facing the city of Seoul. The room was white and decorated with black furnishing; she had decorated it herself for Key. It was Key's apartment; she even picked his apartment while he was back in Canada. She was still dressed in yesterday's clothes. After the "conversation" with Key, she just remembered being in his arms and forgiving him for hurting her, and then suddenly falling asleep. 

"You're awake" She heard a familiar voice coming from the door. 

"Key" Nicole said with a smile growing on her face. She watched as Key walked to the side the bed before sitting down at her feet, "Where did you sleep?" She asked. 

"In the couch" He said, as he felt a pain in his neck. Nicole noticed how his nose wrinkled when he tried turning to his side. 

"Are you okay?" She was concerned. He nodded trying to hide his pain from sleeping on the couch. There was a reason why a couch isn’t called a bed. They weren't meant to be slept on. He had kept tossing and turning, and often fell to the ground. By the time he woke up, he was in a very uncomfortable position. His upper body was on the floor while his feet were against the wall, his neck in bent. Nicole crawled next to Key, crossing her legs facing him. 

"I'm sorry I made you sleep on the couch" She hung her head in shame. Just yesterday she came in his home making a big scene like a little girl throwing a fit. She suddenly felt a pair of arms around her. For anyone else, it seemed like an intimate moment between a couple but for Nicole, it was a sign of their love. He pulled back first, groaning. 

"I don't know why you had to get that couch!" He joked. Nicole smiled jumping out of bed, ready to make breakfast. It was only until Key grabbed her hand she stopped and turned around to face him. He was a foot taller than she was, so he had to look down to a pair of innocent eyes. He was holding her by her arms.

 “Nicole, look about everything. I’m really sorry. I took you for granted. See, she got sick during the holidays and her parents were away, so I had to take care of her. She didn’t have anyone but me” Nicole looked at him for awhile, and then embraced him, smiling. Key was surprised for a moment, and then hugged her back. While still embracing, Key heard her spoke, “I understand now, I forgive you. You are so selfless Key” She smiled. Key just stood there unable to understand how she was so forgiving. Nicole pulled out, and walked through the door.

“Come on, I’ll cook breakfast!” She yelled in the hallway, “Gyuri has been teaching me!” He laughed to himself, and walked out the door.

A couple of hours later, the two best friends were fed by Nicole’s American-style pancakes.

“Get dress” Key ordered. He was already fully dressed and ready to go. Nicole looked at him, confused. “Where are we going?” She asked as she walked to Key’s bedroom. “Out”, he said, before smiling, “I think you left some of your clothes here before, it’s in my closet!” He yelled as Nicole had disappeared through the door.

Nicole had founded a pair of jeans of hers and then she realized she never left and shirts. Shoot, what am I suppose to do? She thought to herself. She shrugged to herself, and grabbed a shirt of Key’s. It was baggy on her; she tucked the back of the shirt to the back of the jeans and walked out the door.

“Key, I had to borrow a shirt” Nicole said as she walked to the door. Key stood up at her arrival, and said nothing but just looked at her. Nicole smiled, “Close your mouth, you look like a dork!” She giggled, and Key snapped out of it.

“Sorry... I was just” He was beginning to say, but Nicole spoke up, “Don’t worry about it! Can we just go? I’m excited to see where you plan to take me!” she smiled from ear to ear. When Key looked at her, she almost looked like a little girl. He loved her innocence. He walked up to her and grabbed her hand before speaking, “It’s a surprised!” And they were off.

Another half an hour later, Key had finally stopped the car. He was about announce where they were, but when he turned he saw sleeping Nicole. He smiled at her, looking at her sleeping state. He watched her for awhile. Noticing how her full lips were parted to let air in and out, the rosiness in her cheeks, and how beautiful she really was.

“Are we there yet?” Nicole asked as she began to wake up. Key turned to look straight, unable to speak. Nicole rubbed her eyes and looked at him. “What’s wrong?” She asked, “You look like you saw something” Nicole saw how his cheeks were rosy-red, but assumed it was from the heater in the car. Nicole looked at her window, her eyes widening. Key smiled.

“You took me to the amusement park?!” Nicole yelled with a smile on her face. She got out of the car, unable to wait for Key and began running to the gate.

Key sat at the front seat of his car, unable to take his eyes off his best friend. She was always had a child-like personality. He smiled at care-free she was, but he knew there was more to her. As much as she was a child at heart, he knew how caring, selfless she really was, but more importantly how stubborn she could get. He realized how far she had got, and now she was already at the gate, waving her arms to him. He smiled and began walking.

“I’m tired now” Nicole announced as they sat at a bench. They had spent the day going on rides, playing games and hours of walking around. As much as Key was tired, he was glad to see a smile on his best friends Nicole was holding on to a pink teddy bear, that he had won especially for Nicole. Nicole stood up, “I need to go the washroom” and walked off.

Nicole was walking, not noticing her surroundings. She had hit someone, and her legs gave away. Nicole had been expecting to fall expect a pair of hands had grabbed her and lifted her back to her feet.

“Jinwoon!” Nicole smiled at a familiar face. She watched as he smiled also, “What are you doing here?” She asked her friend.

“I’m here with Seohyun” He said, still smiling.

“She is here also? Where?” She asked, looking at his sides to see if Seohyun was in sight.

He chuckled, as she stood up straight again, “She went to get some drinks” Before Nicole could answer, she felt someone wrap their arm around her shoulders.

“Key” Nicole said happily. Unaware of the tension, Nicole continued to smile at her two friends. Key’s face was serious; he looked straight into Jinwoon eyes.

“Is he bothering you?” He asked in a serious tone. Still unaware of the tension, Nicole replied happily, “No, Key, no! This is my friend Jinwoon!” She looked at Jinwoon, “Jinwoon, this is my best friend, Key” Then she looked at Key, “Key, this is my friend from school, Jinwoon” Jinwoon put his hand out, to shake. Key dropped his arm to shake Jinwoon’s hand. Nicole continued to smile, until she realized why she had to leave Key, “Sorry guy, I need to go the washroom” And with that she runs off.

The two men stood still for a few minutes, tension rising. Key cleared his throat, “So”

“So, Nicole forgave you” Jinwoon said leaving Key shocked, Nicole isn’t someone who spoke about her feelings. Key had often had to push things out of her because of her stubbornness.

“She didn’t tell me” Jinwoon said as if he knew he had to reassure Key, “I saw how she ignored your calls. I think it hurt her more than it hurt you” When Key said nothing, the tall blonde man continued to speak, “She really cares about you, more than you think. Nicole and I might not be close as you and her, but I think I know her more than you”

“Don’t you dare say that” Key said in a low rude voice, almost like a growl.

Jinwoon looked at him and smiled and said something that left Key shocked, “I don’t know how Nicole can’t see your feelings for her, but I guess that’s because she’s so innocent, but you know that already, right?” He brushed Key’s shoulder, and stopped, “If you keep hurting her, you will lose her. Trust me, there will be someone to pick up the pieces of her broken heart, and it won’t be you.”

By the time Nicole came back, only Key was there. She faced him and noticed how he looked wounded. She grabbed his hands, “Key, what’s wrong?”

Key looked down, and smiled trying to forget the words he had just heard a couples of minutes later, “I’m fine. Come on, I want you to meet someone” 

Author's Note: Ouuuu, I took so long to write this chapter I had to break it into two because it got really long. Since school start last week, I can't update daily, now it's more like weekly or twice a week. I really find it encouraging if I get some comments! No pressure though. Since I already wrote the next chapter, I really hope that I can get more comments so yeah! LOL. The next chapter has some other couples going on! 

To readers: 

@kepohtricia: No, this is actually just the beginning!

@lalagrl: LOL, I know right? I'm shocked... well not really, but KEEP READING!

@meomeobebi: Thank you! Just keep reading and you'll understand!

@plainsha: Thank you for reading, please continue to read. 

Everyone else who is reading, THANK YOU FOR READING, I hope you continue to do so. And please comment!