At least One Of Us Can Feel Love

My Bestfriend's Love

It was October 5th, the day Key promised to spend a whole day with Nicole. They hadn't been able to talk since the last phone call. Nicole had been busy with school, but whenever she had called Key, he'd never answer. She assumed that he'd been sleeping because she would always call late at night. She never really thought about it, but one thing was for sure, she missed her best friend.  On this day, Nicole had to leave home extra early in the morning to catch the train, at 4'o clock am. Nicole never woke up at that time, heck neither did the sun, she thought. The train ride was about 2 hours and the subway was another half another but because she had fallen asleep, she was now late. Nicole was shocked herself, she was never late.

"Dumb dumb dumb me! How could I fall sleep? Now I'm late! Aigo, Key is going to get mad I'm sure!", She said to herself as she ran pass the door to the bath room. 

Another hour later, she was clean and fully dress. She was a bit late. She was about to run out the door until she heard her phone ring,

"KEY! I'm sorry! I know I'm late! I'm so sorry, I'm coming now" She said in a hush, her hand on the door knob.

"Wait, Cole!" He yelled making Nicole freeze in her spot, "I can't come" He said quietly, "Something came up. I can make it up to you in the future, I promise" He said softly. 

"Oh" was all Nicole said, "It's okay" She managed to say cheerfully. 

She hang up. She felt tears forming in her eyes, she shut her eyes hoping they would stop.

Another disappointment, she thought. 

---------

"Jiyoung, what are you doing here?" Confused Nicole asked Jiyoung who was standing at her front door.

Nicole had fallen asleep her for 2 hours. She didn't know if she was tired from waking up early or having another disappointment from her best friend. She had got out the bathroom after finishing her make-up again because she know her room mates were coming home later on today, she knew that they would notice her puffy eyes, then she heard the doorbell.

"Well my parents went out for something... Not really sure why. Then I heard you outside my door talking to yourself about being late, were you suppose to go somewhere?" Jiyoung asked, titling her head a bit to the right.

"Not anymore actually, but come in." Nicole opened the door wider to let her friend in.

"Thanks, I really thought I hope be spending this day alone" Jiyoung said before went into the living room.

Nicole had the urge to say, "me too", but she couldn't. She didn't want to tell her about Key's broken promise as it would lead to the sympathy that Nicole didn't want anymore, especially what happened last time. When Key didn't show up that day before school started all the girls had treated Nicole like she was a baby, it's bothered her. So she kept shut and smiled to Jiyoung as she sat down the couch. 

"I think my friend, Minho is home, do you want to visit him?" Nicole asked Jiyoung after talking for a short moment until it had got awkward.

"Sure, why not! It's not like we have anything to do anyway" Jiyoung laughed.

And they were off. 

---------------------

As much as Gyuri wanted to be home to her halmeoni and yeodongsaeng (grandmother and younger sister) she had to work one of jobs. To be exact, she had 2 jobs, a waitress and a tutor for elementary students, ontop being a student. She had called them earlier in the day to apologize for not being there with them. It had hurt her not seeing her family for so long. It had been 4 months since she had last seen them, for her younger sister's birthday. She only visited on birthdays and Christmas. Only the girls knew why she joggled working two jobs and going through school- no one else could work. Her grandmother is already getting weak in old age, Gyuri couldn't let her get hurt. While her younger sister was still in middle school, of course she works a bit at a bakery in her town, but she just started recently. Her parents had both died when she was 12 years old and her sister was 5 in a car accident. Her grandmother had taken them, and every since then Gyuri lost her childhood. She began working after her parents deaths to pay for the bills, and still was one of the smartest students in her school. She was lucky enough to have a full paid scholarship for a university of her choice for four years. Here she was now, second year of university spending her holiday wiping tables at a restaurant 

It was 2pm now and Gyuri was counting the hours till she was able to sleep. She started work at 8 and hadn't been off her feet since then.  Another 5 hours to go, come on time! HURRY HURRY! She thought as she cleaned one of the many messy  tables. This restaurant was one of the few that was open for the holidays, so it had been busy. 

Another 4 and an half later, Gyuri found herself talking to a little girl about the age of 6-8. 

"Unnie, can I have cake?" the little girl, cutely asked. As she sited herself in a corner both. 

"Well, I'm not sure. Are you with anyone else?" She bent down to the little girls eye-level, smiling.

"YES!" She yelled, making Gyuri laugh a bit, "I'm on a date!"  The little girl giggle.

"Since you are on a date, why don't I come back when the lucky boy comes, alright?" The little girl nodded, and Gyuri walked to the cashier. 

Shoot, dropped my name tag, Gyuri said to herself. She was ready to pick it up until she heard the little girl calling "Unnie" 

She stood, taking a look at her notepad walking up to the both, ready to take their order. When she looked up, she saw a familiar face with blonde hair.

"You again?" They both said. 

--------------------------------

Knock Knock. Nicole had knock on the apartment door with Jiyoung standing behind her. 

A young boy had opened the door, with a cute smile on his face, "Nicole unnie, is that you?" 

Nicole stood for a bit, analyzing the boys face, "Little Minho?" Nicole smiled as the young boy nodded his head, "Woah, you've changed into a young men now" They had hugged, Nicole messing with the young boys hair. Nicole walked into with his eyes following her as she went straight into the kitchen. She turned around before she opened the door to the kitchen looking at the still open door, "Jiyoung, come in" Then looked at Taemin whose eyes were now at the open door, "Please take care of her" Then she disappeared into the kitchen. 

The two young adults stood looking at each other,

"Hello" Jiyoung had the courage to say, "Hm, can I come in?" 

Taemin blushed red, "Oh, I'm sorry. Come in, please" He said quietly, as he opened the door wider, letting her in.

"Thank you" she said, blushing now. 

--------------------------------

"Actually I have a name" The blond haired man said with a smirk, "Jonhyun, but you can call me the love of your life" Gyuri didn't know whether she should gag or laugh so she just turned to face the little girl who looked confused. Before Gyuri could speak, Jonhyun spoke up, "We meet again, it's fate, don't you think?" Gyuri could feel her back burning up from this stare, but she igrone the man called Jonhyun. 

"What type of favor would you like?" Gyuri said cheerily. 

"CHOCOLATE!" Then the little girl looked across from her seat, "...please!"

As Gyuri walked away, she swore she heard him say in a childish tone "Why doesn't she speak to me like that?" She could even see the man pouting. For the first time the whole day, she genuinely smiled.

---------------

"Is your dad in Japan this time?" Nicole asked and Minho responded with a nod. 

They were in the kitchen, sitting on stool, arms leaning on the counter, while Jiyoung and Taemin were in the living room playing a video game. They had been there for an hour, and it was quiet for most of the time. Minho was a man of few words.

"You remind me of Hara" Nicole laughed, her eyes looking at the side of Minho's face for a reaction.

"Is that so?" He asked, with his low voice. Nicole mentally sighed, Maybe it's not meant to be. She hopped down from the stool, "Lets make some tea" 

Before Minho could reply, he was still thinking of what Nicole had last comment, "You remind me of Hara". He smiled. 

-----------

Gyuri had walked through the front doors of the restaurant, feeling the autumn  breeze. She had given her tables to another waitress. She was ready to go home and sleep. 

"WAIT UNNIE!" Yelled someone from the back, she knew it was the little girl's voice. Then she felt a tugged on her sweater, she looked down and smiled back to the little girls, "Unnie, let us walk you home" Gyuri looked up to see, smirking Jonhyun. The men and little girl were hand-in-hand. He hadn't said a word, and she hoped it stayed that way. Suddenly she felt a tugged and all three were off.

For a very long time, the little girl was the only one talking. Gyuri didn't mind because she was getting really tired. It was dark outside by now, so she was very thankful of the little girl's act of kindness. The walk came to a stop, when Jonhyun stood in his stood, trying to find his phone in his pocket. He looked at the screen, before saying "Sorry, I need to answer this"

He put the phone in his ear, and happily said, "Oh hey baby.... Yeah, I'm just doing something with my niece.... I know, I'm cute" He looked at the two girls looking at him before dropping the little girls hand and walked behind a few feet. Gyuri could still hear the words that were coming out of his mouth, "Oh tonight, you say?" He chuckled, "Is that so, you missed me?....Someone else is calling, bye" He answered the next call "Hey babes!.... I can't go tonight, I'm taking care of my niece, how about tomorrow?.... Sounds good" Jonhyun and his other called began talking about plans, she stopped listening when she felt the little girl tugging her arm, 

"I think you are better than them" The little girl smiled, "For Jonhyun, I mean"

-----------

"HERE IS YOUR TEA!" Nicole yelled to Taemin and Jiyoung in the living room. They were playing cards, laughing. 

Minho handed one to Taemin, when Jiyoung received on from Nicole. The two teens sat on the floor across the table from each other, while Minho and Nicole sat on the couch.

"Do you guys know each other?" Minho asked, curiously. He noticed how comfortable the two teen were with each other.

He heard his little brother chuckle before answering, "We actually go to the same school. I helped her once when she got hurt"

"Oh was that you in the car?" Nicole jumped into the conversation. Jiyoung nodded shyly, "That's why you looked so familiar!" Nicole and Jiyoung shared a moment which the boys went unnoticed. A moment of understand between two girls. 

The conversation continued on, and laugher and chatter filled up the room. Minho stayed quiet for most of the time, just listening and observing. He especially paid attention to his little brother expression and long stares to the young girl across him. He noted how they would blush when they spoke to each, and how when their eyes met, they naturally smiled. Minho could tell Nicole could understand to situation. He was happy for his little brother, but there was a feeling of jealously within him.

At least one of us can feel love

Author Note: Sorry for the lack of Key and Nicole, there will be some next chapter. Thank you for reading! :) 

@lalagrl: Thanks for reading! And just keep reading, things may surprise you.