I Just Had A Moment With Him!

My Bestfriend's Love

Nicole had three hours to spend before she had to go to the library with her partner. It was already the end of September and time seemed to be passing by quickly. Nicole couldn't even believed how wonderful this month had been. Other than the fact when Key forgot to meet her in the beginning of the month, she didn't really know his reason actually, but she didn't want to ask him because the pain it brought back to her. He'd been working really hard to make it up to her. Every night, he'd call to ask about her day and he'd take her out at least twice a week. He hadn't really talked about the girl from Canada since he told about her that one day. Of course he'd take her out on dates, but Nicole didn't believe it was going to last for long.

Nicole had also given up on Minho and Hara being together. I didn't think this through properly! Nicole said to herself after her conversation with Gyuri in the car. The girls had often joked about how she never really thought anything through. Minho and Hara didn't really seem interested in each other anyway. When they got to the movies, they hadn't paid any attention to each other, well from what Nicole saw. 

She heard her phone ring from her bag. Nicole quickly took it out, and answered.

"Hey Jinwoon, what's up?" Nicole said, cheerfully. Jinwoon happens to be her partner for her project. When they met, they instantly clicked. He was a very tall man, with a beautiful eye smile.

"Hey Nicole, I think I need to cancel for today" He said in a rushed tone. Nicole could sense something was wrong but they weren't exactly close so she never asked.

"You know what, Jinwoon? I think I agree with you!" She didn't want to look like she had no life too! "Why don't we just email it to each other!" She said in a bright tone.

"Thanks, Nicole. You are really great"

-------

Nicole had ended up in a small cafe, alone. She had already ordered a drink and was planning to drink alone. 

"Why are you such a loner?" said a high-pitched voice coming from the other side of the both. 

Nicole looked up from her book and found a girl with a cute face and long brown hair, "Jiyoung? Why are you here?" said in a confused voice. It was already dark outside. Jiyoung was the landlord's daughter. Despite being just 17 years old, the girls had really enjoyed having her around. They had considered her as their little sister. 

She smiled, "It's a Friday night! Of course I'll be out!" Nicole laughed, this didn't seem right. Her father was really strict. "Okay okay! I had to go do a project in the library!" Now that made more sense to Nicole. Jiyoung was actually a very smart girl. 

They had been talking for about an hour, until Jiyoung's attention had been captured by a young men with light brown , almost blonde hair with a small yet toned body. He sat a couple of tables down from their's. He hadn't noticed that a pair of eyes were watching him.

"-Earth to Jiyoung, for heaven's sake what's wrong with you?" Nicole wined, then noticed Jiyoung hadn't even heard her! She followed where the young 17 year old was looking at, "Who is he?" Whispered Nicole.

"Huh? What?" She finally snapped into reality before answering Nicole's question, "He's name is Taemin, he goes to my school. He's pretty popular with the girls actually" Nicole noted the hint of sadness in Jiyoung's voice, "Pretty smart and really kind too... well from what I hear"

"Do you like him?" Asked Nicole.

"What? No. I don't know him!" She said, defending herself, "I just think..." She started, her cheeks were blushing pink, and her eyes stayed on her cup, "I think I have a crush on who he is. I saw him tutoring people once and even protecting this boy from a bully!"

Nicole smiled at the blushing 17 year old girl. "Ou, you like him!"

--------

After dropping Jiyoung home, Nicole was ready to fall asleep until her phone rang,

"Hey Key" Answered Nicole, happily. All her tiredness gone.  

"Hey Cole, I was wondering what were you doing next weekend?" Key asked.

Nicole thought for a moment, "Isn't it Chuseok?"

"Correct, so I was think on the on the 5th we spend it together, like old times" Another tradition of theirs.

Nicole laughed, " I thought it was already planned? You know I wouldn't miss it for the world! It's our tradition!"

"Yeah... tradition. Anyway, I'm going to let you sleep. I can hear the tiredness from your voice! Good Night Cole" 

That night Nicole feel asleep with a small smile on her face,

-------------

The next night, Gyuri found herself at a club by herself. Not that she didn't mind going alone. The girls were exactly a party types, well expect Nicole but she had a project to do. Hara was too quiet for a club while Seugyeon had a boyfriend to be with. Actually Gyuri liked going alone, it's not like she was really alone, there would be men following her around. She wasn't nickname "Goddess" for nothing. She was often told she was beautiful, graceful, amazing. She wore a simple off the shoulder black dress that ended off above the knees. The moment she entered, all eyes had been on her. She smirked. 

She moved to the center of the dance floor, dancing her troubles away. She danced for hours, with boys. Short ones, tall ones, skinny ones, chubby ones, and of course the y ones. She was out of breathe by now. She pushed her way out of the crowd of people and sat in a private booth.

"I didn't know I'd have a special guest tonight" Gyuri turned and saw a man with short blonde hair with a fairly muscular body. She didn't realized that there was someone there. Before she answered, she looked at the table full of empty bottles and wine glass with lipstick stains of different color. A player, Gyuri knew the type. She picked up the napkin in front of her and flipped it around, seeing a girl's name with a number written in lipstick.

"I didn't realized girls would be attracted to you" She said in a harsh manner. 

The man leaned over the table, close enough for her to smell the scent of beer. "Hard to get, huh?" He smirked as he moved closer to Gyuri. By now their legs were touching and they could feel the heat from each other bodies

"Ha" Gyuri gave a fake laugh, "You are just way too easy for me, I'm sorry I don't go for the dirty type" She spat back. 

"Is the young lady playing a game with me?" He whispered in her ear.

Gyuri gracefully stood up and turned her head to him, "It's not a game because I already won"

The young man was left speechless. 

---------- 

A couple of days days later, Jiyoung was enjoying the good sunny day. She decided to spend a couple of hours reading a book on top of the stairs that overlooked the lawn of the school. She hadn't realized at it was almost 5.

"Shoot shoot shoot! I'm going to be late!" Her mother was waiting for her at home. She was suppose to learn how to cook today. She began to run down the stairs, until one foot overlapped with the other. And all she saw was a blur.

"Excuse me, are you okay" Said a voice. All Jiyoung could think about was the massive headache she had, and a pain from her ankle. She slowly opened her eyes to see only a concerned Taemin. "I saw you fall down, I'm sorry I couldn't help you, it seems I'm not fast enough" 

Jiyoung sat up, feeling the heat come to her cheeks. Now she was feeling embarrassed. She wanted to move her legs but a sharp pain came from her right ankle when she tried to move, "OUCH!" She yelled.

Quickly Taemin wrapped his arm around her waist, "WAIT" Jiyoung yelled.

"What's wrong? Does it hurt that much?"

"No no no" she said, embarrassed even more now, "You don't need to help me, I'm fine" She gave him a quick smile and tried to move again, "OUCH" Okay maybe not, she thought.

He chuckled at the girl's cute charm, "It's okay, I'm Taemin by the way" He said as he lifted her up.

"I know who you are...." Oh that didn't sound right, "What I mean is, you are really popular" 

"Is that so?" He asked, like he didn't know, "Well, what's your name then?" 

"Jiyoung" She said, shyly. They had reached the front of the school, "Hm, I think I can take it from here" She wiggled his armed off, and started to hop on one foot

She heard him chuckle again, "You know you are really funny, right?" He wrapped his arm around her waist again, holding tighter, "I'll give you a ride home, okay?" He smiled, "... I just don't want you getting hurt more, that's why"

She couldn't say no to his smile, his pretty smile. 

The short 5 minute car ride had been awkward. Jiyoung apartment had been super close but still Taemin offered to drive her home. They didn't have a chance to talk because both didn't have the courage. By the time, Taemin was about to ask a question, they were at the apartment.

The window had been rolled down on Jiyoung, and Nicole who had been about to enter the door saw Jiyoung.

"Jiyoung is that you?" Nicole came up to the young girl, and helped her out the car, "What happened to you?"

"I'll tell you inside" Whispered Jiyoung to Nicole. She turned back to Taemin- who had been facing the front of the car, "Thank you"

He nodded in reply, and drove off without saying a word. Jiyoung could have swore that he was blushing, but she couldn't really tell because his car had tinted windows.

As Nicole and Jiyoung walked to the doors, Nicole couldn't shake off the feeling that she knew the young boy in the car, she just couldn't figure it out.

Jiyoung on the other hand was happy inside, I just had a moment with Taemin!

--------

Author's Note: Sorry, I noticed I don't really spell check. By the time I finished with the chapter, I'm rushed off the laptop. SORRY! Anyways, I don't know if this is interesting, it's just I had to introduce all of the main characters (all expect one) now. Most interesting part was Gyuri's. I hope you can tell who the "young man" is. I also had to right this chapter in because since I'm not Korean I don't really know any special occasion/holidays going on from October to March (maybe April) depending on how I do my timing for the story. So can some help me out there? :) Please and thank you. 

@SHINeejjang: Thank you :) Just keep reading the story and you'll figure out everyone's true feelings. And thanks, I might use Nana. 

@Linouuu: Thank you too! Yeah, it does seem like it, doesn't it? LOL