November Trip Part Two

My Bestfriend's Love

 

Nicole watched as the snowflakes descended from the sky landing on the white-covered ground, only to become invisible. She watched from a distance as the people outside looked like colourful dots. She watched from the second floor of the two-level den. It had a cozy feel to it, along with the whole west wall being a large window viewing the hills. Nicole had spent her afternoon there, alone. The girls had slowly disappeared, one by one, leaving Nicole. Hara disappear before their messages leaving them with a text message as an explanation. Gyuri and Seungyeon had left after. Nicole sighed starting to feel the loneliness consuming her, “What a turn out. Bored during a vacation with your best friend missing?” She thought, knowing the other boys had already arrived. She wrapped her Hello Kitty- pattern blanket around her body, keeping her eyes on the view. She stayed consumed her thoughts for who knows how long, her eyes glued to the white covered ground and colourful dots- very thing so bright and beautiful. It wasn’t till she felt a strong pair of arm wrapped around her- she felt her mind respond in confusion, she turned to her right to only find her best friend. She felt a smile form on her face, her body suddenly feeling warming. Believing it was due to the heat from the fireplace; she attempted to wriggly her way out of his arms but failed. Key had a strong hold on her, “What? You don’t want to see me?” He joked, pouting his lips.

Nicole couldn’t help but blush, seeing how his eyes shined in the light, “I don’t- I mean- I do... Ugh why are you late?” She asked turning away from his gaze. She heard his hesitation before he replied, “I-I met with my father”

Nicole turned her body even though she was trapped in his arms, “Your dad? What happened?” She asked, confused.

This time he looked away, looking at the scenery, “H-he wants to meet Nana.”

Nicole froze from hearing his words; she couldn’t understand why she didn’t enjoy the idea. She was the first and only girl that wasn’t family to meet his parents. They loved her, teasing that they would end up together, and always she never took it seriously. “What did you say then?” She asked too quietly.

“I told him, no. It’s not like it’s a serious relationship yet, right?”

Yet. She thought before she replied feeling uncomfortable now, “Yeah, yet”

They stayed in their position again, enjoying the silence. Nicole couldn’t shake off a feeling in her heart that she couldn’t understand. They watched as the colourful dots moved along in the white snow.

Click click

The two had been consumed in their own world; they didn’t realize that there was someone watching them. Key dropped his arms, as they both turned around to where the sound came from only to find a fairly old man with a professional camera around his neck. He had black-grey hair, along with wrinkles around his eyes.

“Oh, I’m sorry. I’m just doing a cover shot for a magazine” He said, shyly looking at the two.

“Is that so?” Nicole smiled, bowing, “What are the pictures for?”

“Oh we are doing a special edition on young love for the December edition”

Nicole giggle, wrapping her small arm around her best friend’s, “Key- this is him” Pointing to him with her other hand, “And I-Nicole are just friends- best friends” She said proudly, still keeping her smile.

“Really?” He asked, shocked, “Well I’m sorry for the misunderstanding, it’s just two looked so close and stuff. I swore you guys were a couple”

Unsure how to answer, Nicole just smiled, “Hm... why don’t you two seat down and I’ll get some drinks” Nicole released her hold and ran off.

Key had kept looking back to where Nicole ran off to then smiling awkwardly to the man.

“You like her don’t you?” The man asked, a smile forming on his face.

Key’s eyes widen in shock, “Wha wha-t what are you talking about?”

“I see the way you look at her”

“See the way you look at who?” Nicole asked as she walked happily to the two men, seating herself beside Key and handing them their drinks.

“Oh she doesn’t know” The man smiled

“Know what?” She asked, titling her head to the side.

“The man’s name! You don’t know his name” Key eyed the man in front of him.

He laughed, “Yeah, you don’t know my name yet- I’m Kim Chunhee from the The Star Magazine” He extended his hand out to Nicole.

“Oh it’s nice to meet you” She said shaking his hand.

“I’m sorry to disturb you guys, I think I’ll just leave now” He bowed and walked off.

“He seems like a sweet man” Nicole said turning her body to Key, giving him her sweet smile.

“Yeah, a sweet man” He said too awkwardly.

They finished their drinks silently, watching the colours in the fireplace. Once they were done they had decided to wonder the around the hotel. They were linking arms, looking like a happy couple. But to Nicole she thought nothing but a strong friendship. Their conversation consisted of jokes and past memories. They had been wondering around, until Nicole stopped the both of them as she found a group of people, mainly couples gathered for a couple quiz.

“Well, don’t you look like a happy couple, why don’t you come try our “How well do you know your partner” to win a dinner for two” A man dressed in a blue suit holding a mike said.

“I’m sorry but aren’t a cou-“ Key began but Nicole spoke up.

“We would love too!” She said too happy.

Key looked down at his best friend, unsure what had gone over her. When Nicole looked up, Key’s eyes were wide and his mouth was open, “Come on, a free dinner? We know each other inside and out” He face still unchanged, “Please Key!”

He finally snapped out of it and smiled, “Fine, but you better not mess up!” They laughed as they joined the group of people still linking arms.

They had passed the rounds easily, watching as one by one, couples were eliminated. For them the questions were simple- too simple, and finally they were one out of the two couples left. Nicole was enjoying herself, the thought of free food was amazing, but this was the only time recently that she spent one-on-one time with Key. Because lately, their dates had become a three people thing as Nana showed up. Nicole liked Nana to a certain extend now. She would constantly link herself with Key as if her life depended on it, she made little to no conversation with Nicole now. Something about her was starting to bother Nicole, but she couldn’t understand what.

“Alright everyone, we are down to two couple now” The man in the blue suit said to the audience, “So our finally question is to the ladies, who is your man’s first love”

A simple question right? Wrong. Nicole didn’t know the answer to this question. Key had girlfriends before, like how Nicole had boyfriends, but they never lasted. A short month or two and it were over, it was a shock that his relationship with Nana lasted more than two months, and they were going on their third now. But Key didn’t love her right? He just told her that they weren’t serious yet, so who was Key’s first love?

Nicole looked straight into Key’s eyes. It was unreadable to Nicole, something she was not use to. He was just looking at her... with a meaning behind it, but what? Nicole was confused now; he was looking at her differently now... like he wanted her to know something, she just didn’t get it. She wanted to ask him what was wrong, but they weren’t allowed to talk to each other

“Alright a few more seconds now”

Nicole quickly wrote down a name, not thinking clearly of her answer.

“First couple now” The other couple looked at each other, the man unsure while the girl looked confident with her answer, when they showed the names, they were totally different. The girl got up angrily, shouting harsh words and run off with the boy following after her.

“Oh, that just there, right guys?” The man in the blue suit laughed, now turning to Key and Nicole now, “You guys look confident with your answers, are you sure” They both nodded, “Alright let’s look at the ladies first! Let’s see what you got”

Nicole showed her white board

“I see, I see. Are you sure?” The man asked Nicole.

She just smiled, “Yup, I’m sure”

“If you say so... Okay now to the mister” He turned to Key.

Key kept his eye on Nicole, unsure how she got the answer. They continue to stare at each other as Key flipped his board revealing the name of his first love.

“Wow, first love and still together guys? Amazing!”

... Both boards had Nicole’s name.

Nicole jumped up from her stool  hugging the still shocked Key.

“Hey, I didn’t know you were joking around too!” Nicole said as she pulled away.

“Wh-at what?” Key said finally getting a feeling in his body.

“Yeah, I just totally guessed there!” Nicole smiled then continued without letting Key speak, “This is great, now we can eat for free!” She grabbed his hand and pulled him away.

“Yeah... a total guess there” He whispered watching Nicole.

By dinner time, the two had got all dressed up and promised to meet at the lobby. Nicole had decided to wear a simple peach colour dress that stopped above the knees and a pair of white heels. She checked herself in the mirror, before she went down. When she went to the lobby her smile slowly faded as she saw a tall long blonde haired girl with Key. He was dress with a white dress shirt with a red bow tie. The two couple turned to look at the now disappointed Nicole. She quickly covered her disappointment with a smile,

“Oh Nana you came!”

“Yeah, I thought he’d be bored here, so I came”

“That’s so nice of you”

“I heard you won a free dinner, thank you for winning it for us. It’s so nice of you”

Nicole was speechless, she looked at Key as he gave her an apologetic face, Sorry he mouth to her, but Nicole gave him a faint smile, but she felt her heart sink from the disappointment.

“I’ll just take your ticket, and Key and I will leave you to your fun” Nana said too nicely, and she grabbed the ticket from Nicole, “Bye dear”

Nicole stood there was she watched the couple walked hand in hand. Once again she couldn’t shake this feeling... something she never felt before.... but what was it?

---------------------

“I don’t get why I must always end up with you!” Gyuri said as she sat on a beach, eyeing the man before her.

“Its fate” Jonghyun winked to her, still standing.

After the dinner, Onew and Seungyeon had to leave because Seungyeon going hold her liquor, “Stupid girl can’t even hand couple of beers” Gyuri rolled her eyes, as she leaned back to the cold bench, sending a shiver up her spine. Jonghyun noticed her shiver a quickly took of his jacket.

“Why are you stripping?” Gyuri looked at him oddly.

“I’m not stripping!- HERE!” He said annoyed, as he passed his jacket to her.

She just started at the jacket, “T-thanks” She said, taking the jacket, wrapping it around her body. She felt herself blushing. The men that she had met in the past had push themselves on her, never once had someone  been a gentleman to her.

“Little miss feisty blushing” Jonghyun smirked, “I knew it! I just knew it, you like”

... Not a gentleman at all Gyuri hit herself mentally for thinking that the boy -who acted more like a child than a man- was a gentlemen.

“Watch yourself, I’m older than you” She growled to him, knowing he was the same age as Nicole and Hara.

“You know I like older women” He purred to her.

She rolled her eyes, “Gross, I like men not boys”

It ended their conversation as Jonghyun’s phone rang once again. Gyuri rolled her eyes again as he excuse himself, taking a few more steps away from her, but she was still able to hear him. She expected to another of his girls... and the thought of it made her sick. She believed it was a childish thing to do; playing with around with the other gender. Love isn’t something to joke with... even though she never felt love, the love between a man and a woman.

“What do you mean it didn’t go through? I was just with him this morning! I expect it done by tomorrow morning or I’m going to cancel the contract... Who’s the boss there?... Me or you....Me, so that’s right! I make the decisions here!... Yes, get back to me in the morning then.... Alright, good night”

Gyuri watched him in awe, the way his voice change to the way his stood. His voice had become manly like a boss speaking to his employees and he stood straight with his chin slightly up with his hand on his arm. He had transformed in front of her eyes, from a boy to a man.

“Oh you like what you see” He joked once again, when he saw the expression on her face.

On second thought... not a man at all. 

SPOILERS: 

"Do you love him?"   

"What the hell happened to you, Nicole?"

"Guys, I'm leaving. I can't take anymore pain"

"You're worst than him, you know why? At least he didn't play with hearts" 

"I-I think I'm inlove with him"